Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Nah, everyone knows it was a one-off vote on a specific issue. The Tory defectors will be straight back in the fold.

Hardly any old specific issue though. They've essentially said we don't trust what you're proposing around a dangerous virus,  the greatest threat to society right now. I think this is damaging and will unravel further, particularly if they lose this Thurs. I note a senior MP has just said BJ could face a leadership challenge next year.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

To let people have some normality for a few days and then be more careful again afterwards 

people should still do a lateral flow test before meeting on Christmas Day etc and have windows open and limit the number as far as possible - all that is common sense but important that people follow these guidelines 

You are at the wind up.

give it a rest 

Edited by 1874robbo

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Victorian said:

Most of those Tory arseholes only voted against these measures,  as they always do,  in the knowledge that Labour are compelled to vote with the government and,  by implication,  the underpinning scientific advisors' recommendations.  The opposition has no choice in these instances.  It frees up the arseholes to ponce around with their bogus principles and to indulge in populist,  self serving snakery for their own political gain.  It's an utter charade.

Usually I would agree with you on the reasons for Tories voting against Boris m but listening to the arguments a few at least genuinely believed the passport scheme flawed because someone who was vaccinated 3 months ago can gain entry with no evidence they don’t have Covid when doing so.  They were saying it shouldn’t be proof of a vaccine but proof of a negative test that should be used in all circumstances. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Most of those Tory arseholes only voted against these measures,  as they always do,  in the knowledge that Labour are compelled to vote with the government and,  by implication,  the underpinning scientific advisors' recommendations.  The opposition has no choice in these instances.  It frees up the arseholes to ponce around with their bogus principles and to indulge in populist,  self serving snakery for their own political gain.  It's an utter charade.

Helps them look good to their constituents and protects their re-election chances at next election. They'll have polled and checked what way wind blowing before voting.

manaliveits105
4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

That’s a real blow to Johnson’s credibility, hopefully the first step to him being on his way out.

I don’t agree with the rebels, I think vaccine passports are a good idea but I am pleased to see a political party with the maturity to challenge itself and vote against different outcomes.

Unlike up here when the spineless Greens opposed vaccine passports until they got into government, shelved their principles, and voted for them.  And the SNP who always on mass vote the same way on every matter.  It’s not how a true Democratic Party should work, dissenting internal voices are a necessity. 

That’s our nicktatorship 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

You are at the wind up.

give it a rest 

There are quite a few WUMS on this particular thread.

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't think there will ever come a day when I base the way I live my life on the opinions of 98 Tory MPs. :D

Or 1 Tory MP for that matter. Unless a decent one ever gets elected.

Don't think I'll ever base the way I live on the opinion of any politician, from any political party.

They're all a bunch of spineless chancers.

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

You are at the wind up.

give it a rest 

No I’m not mate

too many on here think it’s ok to gang up on people or call them names if they don’t like what they say - this is not on and not acceptable in any way 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No I’m not mate

too many on here think it’s ok to gang up on people or call them names if they don’t like what they say - this is not on and not acceptable in any way 

Yeh I was right,  you’re at the wind up.

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

These bastions of freedom are the same arseholes that will whistle through Patels Policing Bill and Raabs obliteration of the Human Rights Act. 

Aye they're all about looking after your freedoms. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, JamesM48 said:

JC is the man 

Such a shame that he was incapable of running a political party. He had the chance, he didn't have ability or guts to stand up to the clowns who made his party unelectable.

One of the MPs who no doubted voted against was Desmond Swayne who in the Commons today said that more people are killed on the roads than Covid.

Now whatever you think of the vote, I'm sure we can all agree that the Tory MP base is stuffed with absolute ****ing idiots.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Such a shame that he was incapable of running a political party. He had the chance, he didn't have ability or guts to stand up to the clowns who made his party unelectable.

He was crucified by certain factions within his party. Bunch of Blairite snakes in the grass lead by the Jimmy Saville enabler Starmer. 

Nucky Thompson

The AGM has been moved from the Gorgie suite to the Main stand as to be outside because of Sturgeon's guidelines.

So does that mean match day hospitality will now be cancelled?

Hearts will be shooting themselves in the foot if that's the case

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

He was crucified by certain factions within his party. Bunch of Blairite snakes in the grass lead by the Jimmy Saville enabler Starmer. 

And there you see problem. Starmer wasn't reason Labour lost election. Look further to the left to see the faction that screwed them and made Labour so unpalatable to British public.

If you don't recognise that, then you're dreaming.

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

These bastions of freedom are the same arseholes that will whistle through Patels Policing Bill and Raabs obliteration of the Human Rights Act. 

Correct.  Bunch of reptiles.  A few ****ing weirdos in there into the bargain.  

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I'm sure we can all agree that the Tory MP base is stuffed with absolute ****ing idiots.

Not anywhere near as idiotic as those who facilitate them by returning them with an 80 odd seat majority

WHACK

Boris Johnson has suffered the biggest rebellion of his premiership as 98 of his own MPs voted against plans for Covid passes.

The prime minister mounted a last-ditch charm offensive as he told Tory MPs that he had “absolutely no choice” but to introduce the measures.

He told the 1922 committee of backbenchers that only a small proportion of those infected with the Omicron variant would need to go to hospital before it becomes a “real problem”.

In a bid to appease concerns he suggested that he would recall parliament in the event that the government needs to introduce further restrictions during recess.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Good point. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

WHACK

Boris Johnson has suffered the biggest rebellion of his premiership as 98 of his own MPs voted against plans for Covid passes.

The prime minister mounted a last-ditch charm offensive as he told Tory MPs that he had “absolutely no choice” but to introduce the measures.

He told the 1922 committee of backbenchers that only a small proportion of those infected with the Omicron variant would need to go to hospital before it becomes a “real problem”.

In a bid to appease concerns he suggested that he would recall parliament in the event that the government needs to introduce further restrictions during recess.

His red Tory friends led by the Establishment goon Sir Keith helped get it through though. 

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Not anywhere near as idiotic as those who facilitate them by returning them with an 80 odd seat majority

Well, quite. 

I find it incredible that someone looks at Desmond Swayne and thinks "He's the man, the man that can best represent me in Parliament "

29 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Hardly any old specific issue though. They've essentially said we don't trust what you're proposing around a dangerous virus,  the greatest threat to society right now. I think this is damaging and will unravel further, particularly if they lose this Thurs. I note a senior MP has just said BJ could face a leadership challenge next year.

They "rebelled" knowing Labour would have no choice but to vote for it. 

If 100 of your own MPs really rebel , causing a govt motion to fail then that is either a resigning issue for the MPs or their PM.

As said above, this is a charade. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

So much for the Tories trolling Sturgeon, no extra funding after all. 
https://www.thenational.scot/news/19784409.nicola-sturgeon-tory-claims-extra-funding-just-smoke-mirrors/

Aye shes a right wideo Ill give her that.  Wait  a few weeks and if things go pear shape  will blame Westminster for not funding her alterative strategy ( Furlough lite) If things are not too bad she wont say boo.  Despicable game playing from her as usual .  She still doesn't seem to acknowledge that furlough is a debt to be paid back. She completely reckless with other peoples money, like a daft person let loose with some one else's credit card,

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Well, quite. 

I find it incredible that someone looks at Desmond Swayne and thinks "He's the man, the man that can best represent me in Parliament "

Swiss Tony? He's a fud.

Same goes for Fabricant or Peter Bone or any number of the other reptiles.

Nucky Thompson

One thing about that many rebels is it means that BJ will find it hard to bring in more restrictions.

Sturgeon already greeting on twitter about how unsafe it is, as there's no chance of any more funding

7 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Well, quite. 

Hes quite handsome actually. Same goes for Rabb . Nice to see some talent on the benches. 

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

One thing about that many rebels is it means that BJ will find it hard to bring in more restrictions.

Sturgeon already greeting on twitter about how unsafe it is, as there's no chance of any more funding

Let her greet,  Let her greet, Let her greet.

She'd be better looking at the data from SA and deploying reasoned, balance based language rather than the screeching, hysterical,  disproportionate crusade that she's been on since Omicron was first discovered.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Let her greet,  Let her greet, Let her greet.

She'd be better looking at the data from SA and deploying reasoned, balance based language rather than the screeching, hysterical,  disproportionate crusade that she's been on since Omicron was first discovered.

You've analysed it. Pop her a DM on Twitter and give her the benefit of your expert analysis 👍 

40 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

JC is the man 

Like him or loathe him I must admire his courage to stand up for what he believes in. I wholeheartedly agree with him on this issue. 

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

giphy (2).gif

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You've analysed it. Pop her a DM on Twitter and give her the benefit of your expert analysis 👍 

Not on Twitter and, if I were, I wouldn't waste my time corresponding with her.👍

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Like him or loathe him I must admire his courage to stand up for what he believes in. I wholeheartedly agree with him on this issue. 

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

ICU 38 down 1 

Deaths

Hospital 541 down 20 

But, wait, what about the "tidal waves" and "tsunamis" and the old favourite,  " wir hoaspitals will be overwhelmed ".

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

giphy (2).gif

Ah get to f with this self loathing pish. This begging propaganda bollocks is nauseating and even more so when Scottish people buy into it. 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

But, wait, what about the "tidal waves" and "tsunamis" and the old favourite,  " wir hoaspitals will be overwhelmed ".

Apparently still to come according to some experts on this and other forums.  Its been nearly 3 weeks since the new variant arrived on these shores. Probably longer. 16,503  hospital beds in Scotland ,  541 occupied with covid. 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Ah get to f with this self loathing pish. This begging propaganda bollocks is nauseating and even more so when Scottish people buy into it. 

Its her sleekit reasons for asking money. Simple as that. IM a proud Scot . I am also British too. You can be both. 

19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Hes quite handsome actually. Same goes for Rabb . Nice to see some talent on the benches. 

Not sure he would reciprocate your compliments. He was on record in the 80s saying "The surest way to protect the public from Aids is to outlaw homosexuality and lock up offenders".

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Start disinfecting the groceries just in case.

🤣 I gave that up early last year. 

Edited by Boy Daniel
Correction

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic