Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

care providers are in a state of collapse because of brexit

Something that is being ignored by the media. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Seriously, when is enough going to be enough for some people?  The next variant? When?

Agreed 

too many selfish twits who just don’t like any type of authority 

just follow the advice in place otherwise we WILL have more deaths and restrictions 

anyone choosing not to get vaccinated shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a hospital if they get sick 

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

As I said in MY experience and I did need to see a GP. 

It was a recurring problem that had previously needed hospital treatment and still has not been attended to. 

Even phoning the surgery the phone just rings and rings and when they do answer they stick you on hold thus costing phone charges. 

Maybe I'm just unlucky because I just moved to this area six months ago and my previous surgery insisted I have to move doctors because of the rules. 

There have been thousands of complaints locally about this practice and even the local MSP has become involved and seems to be getting excuse after excuse. 

Phone the surgery after the morning frenzy and tell them you need an emergency appointment , that you've been in hosptial and you need to see a doctor, you don't have to discuss anything with a receptionist. There are always emergency appointments. I have been in this situation and had no problems (I live in England) and I've had a similar experience with my late mother up in Edinburgh during Covid.. 

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Indeed, but I don't want to get into that debate on this thread. 

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Agreed 

just follow the advice in place otherwise we WILL have more deaths and restrictions 

anyone choosing not to get vaccinated shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a hospital if they get sick 

"Deaths are bad, unless they haven't had their Covid jab."

What a ***** :laugh: 

2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

He's the voice of moderation compared to

IHATE EVERYTHING&EVERYBODY.

😄

Edited by NANOJAMBO

8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I wonder if we spent all the Covid money on adequate social care instead whether we'd free up more, or less hospital capacity? 

It's not a vote winner though, so we'll never know.

3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

People choosing not to have a vaccine should not expect nhs staff to help them if they get seriously sick from covid - especially as it takes a bed from someone else else in need too  

The Hogfather
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

People choosing not to have a vaccine should not expect nhs staff to help them if they get seriously sick from covid - especially as it takes a bed from someone else else in need too  

That's not how it works champ. I've had both my doses and can see no legitimate reason for someone not getting theirs, but I'm not going to wish death on folk because of it. Because I'm not a complete *****.

15 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

" A shouty guy made me change my views on independence"

Seriously.

Some comedy gold on here today. 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Will they get a tax rebate then?

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

That's not how it works champ. I've had both my doses and can see no legitimate reason for someone not getting theirs, but I'm not going to wish death on folk because of it. Because I'm not a complete *****.

Why should nhs staff put themselves at risk of catching too because of some selfish twit choosing not to have a vaccine?

The Hogfather

Why should nhs staff put themselves at risk of catching too because of some selfish twit choosing not to have a vaccine?

Because they, unlike yourself, aren't complete thunderc*nts.

Edited by Nunya Business

30,000 illegals enter the UK in 2021. All have NHS check ups and unlimited use to our public services.

A UK tax paying citizen happens to feel strongly  about the vaccine = die in the cold streets you piece of shit the NHS is overflowing!

:facepalm:

15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Like most normal people i've just been getting on with what's in front of me. Nothing changes with this 'guidance'. I'll work, I'll play and life won't change one iota.

I certainly won't come on here greeting like a stuck pig over something I can't influence and frankly couldn't really give two shits about. 

Says the man with 14k posts who uses Chic Youngs Quote about Hearts fans.

Why should they?

Eh they are paying for it. I thought your type were all for fairness?

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

which one ? 

There isn't a pluralised emoji sadly.

Mainly though the one I actually agree with but is clearly just looking to rile folk up.

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

30,000 illegals enter the UK in 2021. All have NHS check ups and unlimited use to our public services.

A UK tax paying citizen happens to feel strongly  about the vaccine = die in the cold streets you piece of shit the NHS is overflowing!

Are you sure?

Post your source, lest it be considered spamming hyperbole.

14 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Agreed 

So if anyone chooses not to stop smoking or drinking eating in excess they shouldn’t be treated either 

The Hogfather

"Firemen shouldn't go to someones burning house if they don't have a smoke alarm."

"Policemen shouldn't head to a serious assault if the victim hasn't had martial arts training."

"Paramedics shouldn't attend heart attacks if the victim doesn't have their own defibrillator"

What a special child J4E is :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Still waiting on you explaining how there's 30,000 flu variants every year. 

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

So if anyone chooses not to stop smoking or drinking eating in excess they shouldn’t be treated either 

You can’t pass that illness on to nhs staff and other patients 

Dennis Denuto

I wasn't totally glued to the FM's announcement, did she mention large events like football at all? It seems strange that we are to socially distance in business premises but not at the football, strange from her point of view which is normally defaulted to shutting down football.

I am worried it is coming soon.

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

If someone rejects or fails to follow preventative healthcare guidance or treatment offered via the NHS, then yes, I actually agree with him that there should be some consequences to that. I wouldn't say no treatment, but it should be subsidised by the recipient as they opted not to take the cheaper preventative option on offer.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No such thing as "illegal" immigration and the numbers you quote are completely wrong anyway.

Apart from those two trivial points you're absolutely correct though. 

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You can’t pass that illness on to nhs staff and other patients 

😆

Nae firemen putting out fires.

Nae coppers stopping the criminal types.

When will this madness end 😆😆

Just now, Taffin said:

If someone rejects or fails to follow preventative healthcare guidance or treatment offered via the NHS, then yes, I actually agree with him that there should be some consequences to that. I wouldn't say no treatment, but it should be subsidised by the recipient as they opted not to take the cheaper preventative option on offer.

Yep but then of course what about all the healthcare guidance there is about not smoking 

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I wasn't totally glued to the FM's announcement, did she mention large events like football at all? It seems strange that we are to socially distance in business premises but not at the football, strange from her point of view which is normally defaulted to shutting down football.

Not that I saw, I think it was mainly for in door settings

Just now, Barack said:

Folks. Can we get back to the real stuff. Arguing amongst ourselves? Without letting a troll ruin a good trolling thread!

The only people trolling nowadays are the governments.

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No such thing as "illegal" immigration and the numbers you quote are completely wrong anyway.

Apart from those two trivial points you're absolutely correct though. 

I never mentioned the word immigration.  

3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It will be if people don’t start wearing masks when moving about the stadium as they ought to 

5 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

There's no vaccine to treat eating/drinking disorders. And if there was , I'm pretty sure a huge number of those affected would be more than happy to lose their "freedom"/ waive their "human rights" and take it. 

Malinga the Swinga

Is Edinburgh street party still on? I know it's outside but even so, people will be packed in.

Will just carry on I guess as is, follow the rules as best I know then and see where we go from here.

Hopefully there will be no more announcements until after Christmas to at least give these rules/guidelines/advice time to take effect.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I never mentioned the word immigration.  

I know what you mentioned and I know what you meant.

PS This thread is about covid - please stay on topic.

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

There's no vaccine to treat eating/drinking disorders. And if there was , I'm pretty sure a huge number of those affected would be more than happy to lose their "freedom"/ waive their "human rights" and take it. 

No but they are doing something that will put a strain on the  NHS. Take smoking that has a massive impact on the NHS and even with all the support and help available they still do it. 

manaliveits105
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Is Edinburgh street party still on? I know it's outside but even so, people will be packed in.

Will just carry on I guess as is, follow the rules as best I know then and see where we go from here.

Hopefully there will be no more announcements until after Christmas to at least give these rules/guidelines/advice time to take effect.

Surely Elsie will do a Christmas speech 

2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

That's asylum seekers not "illegals"  you dolt!

As for asylum seekers have a read /listen to this (which I've posted previously)

The 30,000 approx that have come to the UK via the channel this year seek asylum and are illegal as not come here with approved documentation.

Until you have approved documentation making your stay legal you are illegal.

Just now, JamesM48 said:

So what's been happening today then lads? Anything of interest ? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

R (7).gif

A few hundred thousand people in the country going "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" that is about it.

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

My sincerest condolences to Franky Albert's local GP.

Although, now he's gone private . .   😳😳

Fortunately for my local surgery (and me) I have only needed to visit them about  4 times in 40 years.

And I have not yet gone private.

But bang on ... whatever your point is

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

In part because there isn't enough services out in the community.

To discharge a patient from hospital who needs care even in their home, it typically involves multiple agencies, if one service can't fit someone in to their care network the whole thing falls down and the patient has to remain in hospital until someone does have spare capacity to provide a service to them.

It's been a major problem for years and every government just kicks the can further down the road.

Meanwhile not only are they literally in the most expensive place they could be but the system can't cope so we need to hide under the bed again! That is truly messed up.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic