• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

True, but also I'm still not convinced there is a duty to not spread a virus unintentionally; intentionally, absolutely 100%, people testing positive and then not isolating are the absolute pits. But this virus (disease) accounted for 13% of deaths in 2020, did we have a duty to prevent whatever killed the other 87%?

In some cases (car accidents, murder, criminal negligence) yes

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Now we are out of EU I think we should be using 6 foot or 9 foot anyway - people might understand better

obviously up here it would be 6 fit and Nicky and jason could bring out a new slogan

DONT BE A TIT STAY SIX FIT 

:D

Dennis Reynolds
9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Don’t think it’s anything to do with denial, people are either fed up or don’t give a ****. Everyone is aware of the facts. 

Nah people still denying it's a thing. These people were outside a hospital calling covid a hoax.

A quick look in the replies and you can see people asking 'fOr PrOoF iN tHe HoSpItAl'.

There was even some comments on this thread about someone going to the hospital for an appointment and not seeing any panic. Somehow that equated to hospitals being under no pressure. 

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

In some cases (car accidents, murder, criminal negligence) yes

Okay, and the ones we don't have a duty to prevent, what is it about those that mean the fall outside of that scope?

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Okay, and the ones we don't have a duty to prevent, what is it about those that mean the fall outside of that scope?

It's surely about duty relating to action. If you can act to save a life without danger to yourself then I would argue you have a n ethical duty to do so. If nothing you can do can influence the likelihood of death then there is no concomitant duty

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

That's about 5 folk in here so far today.  Not one wearing a mask.  Continually having to ask people to put one on.

Ask them why not 

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ask them why not 

That's not important and not something to get involved in.  They just get asked to wear one.

20 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

It's surely about duty relating to action. If you can act to save a life without danger to yourself then I would argue you have a n ethical duty to do so. If nothing you can do can influence the likelihood of death then there is no concomitant duty

Agreed, although that would also mean we never drive, fly or use plastic packaging etc as it would save lives whilst not endangering ourselves. I appreciate that's whataboutery though and off on a slight tangent, but in an absolute sense, that's where it would lead.

However, to say we have a duty not to spread a virus we don't know we have is akin to saying that we have a duty not to drive a car because we may or may not kill someone in a road traffic accident. It's a bit Schroedinger's cat, in that were being asked to think we have a virus whilst also thinking we don't and we won't know until we open the box. Do we really have a duty not to do something that to the best of our knowledge won't cause any harm. Assuming we have the virus and in turn pass it on and someone else gets very ill or dies, is akin to always assuming the worst case scenario is going to be the outcome. That becomes a very restrictive way for society to live. 

You're acting to maybe save a life, but more than likely not, whilst also damaging your own health in the process (not everyone, some people probably aren't effected from a health perspective from the restrictions, but an awful lot are).

It's much more complex than a duty, because we have other 'duties' to observe too, including to ourselves. These all have to be weighed up and a judgement call taken. For me, I follow the rules because it makes for an easier life and because I believe it's worth the personal sacrifice for the greater good, but I certainly don't see it as my duty. 

Edited by Taffin

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Drive thro vaccines in Israel. 20% of the population vaccinated in 3 weeks. 

Israel are not giving Palestinians the vaccine. Pathetic. 

I know it’s disgusting . The scummiest nation in the world . 🥵

3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Palestinians aint God's chosen people, buddy, so it's tough titty for them.

Breaking news 1:  there is no God 

Another harsh comment from you . Lacking any compassion. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Breaking news 1:  there is no God 

Another harsh comment from you . Lacking any compassion. 

Breaking news 2: I don't give a shit what you think. Cheers. 👍

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Do you think someone will go, "well the last 276 days of seeing misery on TV hasn't made me change my ways, but do you know what, day 277 has really made me reassess my views, I'm going to behave differently today."

We've taken a three prong approach to compliance/severity realisation:

- fear mongering

- guilt tripping/shaming

- half-assed enforcement

For those that haven't fallen into line from one of, or a combination, of those things yet, just repeating the same act over and over again isn't going to suddenly make them.

For a lot of people it will be as simple as they aren't bothered about catching the virus and think that those who are afraid of it, are more than welcome to stay at home. You won't change them with horror reels on the news.

Yes people have become fatigued and suspicious of the constant media bombardment of the virus . As most people do not know anyone who has died of it or t even had it therefore they can’t relate to the hysteria from the media . Not saying that’s right just my take on it . 

44 minutes ago, Victorian said:

That's about 5 folk in here so far today.  Not one wearing a mask.  Continually having to ask people to put one on.

I’m surprised they are allowed in your work environment . I can only assume you must work with “ vulnerable “ people . 

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Breaking news 2: I don't give a shit what you think. Cheers. 👍

Tough titty back at u 

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Talk of 3m social distance rule to be introduced. Recommendation from sage. 

First it was 2m. Then 1m. Now 3m? How is this modelled? Random number generator?

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

First it was 2m. Then 1m. Now 3m? How is this modelled?

Like this.

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

First it was 2m. Then 1m. Now 3m? How is this modelled? Random number generator?

It’s an absolute joke how can anyone take this seriously ? 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s an absolute joke how can anyone take this seriously ? 

They do seem genuinely surprised that the public have stopped listening to them.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, OBE said:

Yes, Hobo's in the Roseburn...

I couldn't confirm. Never been in with that mob. 🤮 

However, there are many tinks within our own. 

I see people without masks in the supermarket all the time. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, if it did I'd just order online for delivery or click and collect. I'm not really one for thinking other should do something because I want them to, if I don't like using something, I'm not obliged to use it.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Does morning tv really have to go into hospitals every morning for an update on misery we are all aware of 

Scores of competing reporters and cameramen across the UK entering ICU units and Covid Wards and interviewing front line workers every day. How does this qualify as "necessary" under the new rules whatever they may be today. 

The people who "haven't got the message" won't be watching anyway.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, LMc said:

Nah people still denying it's a thing. These people were outside a hospital calling covid a hoax.

A quick look in the replies and you can see people asking 'fOr PrOoF iN tHe HoSpItAl'.

There was even some comments on this thread about someone going to the hospital for an appointment and not seeing any panic. Somehow that equated to hospitals being under no pressure. 

Covid deniers were taking pictures of an empty 'outpatient' corridor at Colchester Hospital and claimed that the hospital were lying when the hospital said that they were at capacity in ICU.

I would think that as it was at a week-end then of course outpatients were empty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-55531589

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Covid deniers were taking pictures of an empty 'outpatient' corridor at Colchester Hospital and claimed that the hospital were lying when the hospital said that they were at capacity in ICU.

I would think that as it was at a week-end then of course outpatients were empty.

46000 NHS staff on the panel, can't be good for moral.

Fxxx the SPFL

Last year when we were told that the NHS was at breaking point with 21000 in hospital and now we have 34000 in Hospital and the NHS is still coping just and they are not using the Nightingale emergency hospital. Was that just to make sure we all obeyed the full lockdown last year.

9 minutes ago, OBE said:

46000 NHS staff on the panel, can't be good for moral.

Moral is not good, not good at all.

When Mrs JJ came home last night I asked her (as I always do) how was work, she never said anything the look was enough, anyway she said that there was 2 trained staff for an entire ward, when she complained she was told every ward is the same, barely enough staff, large numbers off sick or self isolating. 

Dennis Reynolds
39 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They're not the brightest.

Sturgeon talking again about takeaways,  click and collect  etc. She keeps looking through the wrong end of the telescope.  It surely should be obvious to her by now that having closed all the periphery targets like hospitality etc, which were not responsible for anything other than miniscule levels of transmission,  and picking off everything from bookshops to candlestick makers, that the spread is mainly occurring in places that will NEVER be locked down. Buses, trains, food processing factories, hospitals etc. The photos of the early morning no.30 bus on the EEN website  tells you all you need to know about why more restrictions would be useless. Pressure supermarkets,  bus companies in to introducing stricter measures such as 1 way systems,  more buses at peak times, spaced out seating etc. And enforce mask wearing. 

Nucky Thompson

Stopping click and collect is daft. 

You order and pay online, then go and collect your goods, no browsing. About 20 seconds in the shop.

No click and collect and people will just spend longer in the supermarket browsing homeware and clothing sections

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sturgeon talking again about takeaways,  click and collect  etc. She keeps looking through the wrong end of the telescope.  It surely should be obvious to her by now that having closed all the periphery targets like hospitality etc, which were not responsible for anything other than miniscule levels of transmission,  and picking off everything from bookshops to candlestick makers, that the spread is mainly occurring in places that will NEVER be locked down. Buses, trains, food processing factories, hospitals etc. The photos of the early morning no.30 bus on the EEN website  tells you all you need to know about why more restrictions would be useless. Pressure supermarkets,  bus companies in to introducing stricter measures such as 1 way systems,  more buses at peak times, spaced out seating etc. And enforce mask wearing. 

There's about half a dozen folk tops on my bus in the morning Enzo. Everyone wears masks apart from those cheeky eastern European scamps who take theirs off when they get upstairs then put them on again for getting off.

I might start taking the gas-guzzling Chelsea tractor in to work to avoid them.

Hancock says 1 in 3 people have covid-19 but don't know it.

So over 1 in 3 people have it when you factor in those who know. 

Does everyone who catches the virus develop the disease? If so, the the number of people with the virus could be even higher.

Also, how does he know this? I thought we were nowhere near those kinds of numbers.

Edited by Taffin

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Does everyone who catches the virus develop the disease? If so, the the number of people with the virus could be even higher.

99.9% of what Hat Mancock says is utter shite. 

True fact.  

Way too late now but the thing to have done would have been to impose special measures on the big supermarkets to massively ramp up their delivery capacity.  Their attempts have been lamentable.  In store shopping limited to those who,  for whatever reason,  can't use online ordering.  Delivery only for everyone else.  Jobs galore for the many people who need them and can do a driving job.

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Also, how does he know this? I thought we were nowhere near those kinds of numbers.

So, does he mean one third of the population has it?? Or that 2 for every 2 cases there is another who is unaware?? And as you say, how does he know??

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

So, does he mean one third of the population has it?? Or that 2 for every 2 cases there is another who is unaware?? And as you say, how does he know??

I've no idea what he means, but what he said is 1/3 of the population has the disease and doesn't know. Unless the Guardian has misquoted him.

I'd suspect he's trying to say, one third of those infected, don't know they're infected. Again though, he can't know that because if he knows they have it, then they'd know they have it.

I'm not sure anyone knows they have it, until they have a test, so it's a bit of a red herring as a statement.

The truth is probably that, 1/3 of those who test positive were asymptomatic. 🤷🏻‍♂️

59 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Last year when we were told that the NHS was at breaking point with 21000 in hospital and now we have 34000 in Hospital and the NHS is still coping just and they are not using the Nightingale emergency hospital. Was that just to make sure we all obeyed the full lockdown last year.

Yes . Compliance was the aim of the game by any means possible . Even SAGE admitted the need to ramp up the fear to gain further compliance 

49 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The fish seems quite optimistic today, think she’s pleasantly surprised number have began to level off. 

Hard to tell as her pus is usually miserable as sin . 

34 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Unsure about supermarkets being big transmitters as surely we would have had copious amounts of workers from those places dead or in hospital . Buses are a nightmare but I’ve mainly seen most people wear masks 

20 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That’s good news . Means mortality rate is even lower then they have led us to believe 

16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Way too late now but the thing to have done would have been to impose special measures on the big supermarkets to massively ramp up their delivery capacity.  Their attempts have been lamentable.  In store shopping limited to those who,  for whatever reason,  can't use online ordering.  Delivery only for everyone else.  Jobs galore for the many people who need them and can do a driving job.

Supermarkets now becoming the bee pubs / restaurants really 

Just now, jonesy said:

Perhaps her trout got tickled?

I actually anticipate that numbers will drop dramatically in the next few weeks re deaths etc . What will the game plan be then ? 

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I've no idea what he means, but what he said is 1/3 of the population has the disease and doesn't know. Unless the Guardian has misquoted him.

I'd suspect he's trying to say, one third of those infected, don't know they're infected. Again though, he can't know that because if he knows they have it, then they'd know they have it.

I'm not sure anyone knows they have it, until they have a test, so it's a bit of a red herring as a statement.

The truth is probably that, 1/3 of those who test positive were asymptomatic. 🤷🏻‍♂️

He means 1 in 3 who have it don't know they have it.

I think.

manaliveits105

There should be 24/7 vaccinations now or asap- 

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Alex must be back.

or her caviar fertilised 

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He means 1 in 3 who have it don't know they have it.

I think.

I think you're right. I'm still unsure how he's working that out but thinking about it, I actually don't care so I'll let it go.

19 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

There's about half a dozen folk tops on my bus in the morning Enzo. Everyone wears masks apart from those cheeky eastern European scamps who take theirs off when they get upstairs then put them on again for getting off.

I might start taking the gas-guzzling Chelsea tractor in to work to avoid them.

🤣. I suppose it depends which bus Guv. Back in March, the 35 to the Gyle was like a Burmese train carriage.

We need more gas guzzling Chelsea tractors in my opinion.

manaliveits105

We should be vaccinating 24/7 now or as soon as supplies allow - start over 50s on the night shift - over 80s during the day and meet in the middle 

we need to get away from this staff are working Monday - Friday 9-5 like the registrars until the pandemic is gone

train up more volunteers to vaccinate - Im sure the vaccination of them would get plenty volunteers 

Edited by manaliveits105

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic