Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

It is funny how often I see folk without a mask on in the supermarkets when I am in. Funny because its usually folk under 40 and look like they're in good health. feckwitz!

Quite often couples or families too. I tend to find they're usually either on their phone  or strutting about. Very rarely,  in my experience, do they try to be surreptitious about it

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Is the problem with 24/7 vaccine centres not likely to be supply rather than logistics. 

Maybe they'll encourage us to go straight to the factory

5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Is the problem with 24/7 vaccine centres not likely to be supply rather than logistics. 

Mixture of that and staff to administer the vaccines

5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I'd still think it better to use administer whatever supply we have in half the timeframe given:

a) the supposed urgency of getting people vaccinated 

b) the desire to start easing restrictions at the earliest appropriate juncture

44 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Morrisons announce no mask medical exemption, no entry, asked to leave.

Now we need LRT and Scotrail to do the same.

People have been abusing this since day 1 - you can choose a mask or a shield, the latter doesn't contact your face.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I'd still think it better to use administer whatever supply we have in half the timeframe given:

a) the supposed urgency of getting people vaccinated 

b) the desire to start easing restrictions at the earliest appropriate juncture

Then you will have people getting turned away at their appointments because they have run out.

Apart from being on continual oxygen...what would need to be wrong with you in order to NOT wear a bit of cloth over your nose/mouth?

I have a mate who uses an inhaler for his asthma and he sees no issues wearing a face mask.

Grinds my gears folk not wearing one and hiding behind their made up special "medical condition". 

Been looking at these bloody 4 walls for 10 moths now! sick of it and its folk like them who are the super spreaders. That and the twatz who stand right next to you in the chip shop!

Edited by Pans Jambo

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Then you will have people getting turned away at their appointments because they have run out.

If you take appointments for more people than you have doses available, that will happen no matter what timeframe you administer them in.

9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Apart from being on continual oxygen...what would need to be wrong with you in order to NOT wear a bit of cloth over your nose/mouth?

I have a mate who uses an inhaler for his asthma and he sees no issues wearing a face mask.

Grinds my gears folk not wearing one and hiding behind their made up special "medical condition". 

Been looking at these bloody 4 walls for 10 moths now! sick of it and its folk like them who are the super spreaders. That and the twatz who stand right next to you in the chip shop!

I bet half of the selfish twits who don’t wear a mask because of asthma or such like, are well enough to smoke too!  I’ve seen it myself 

disgraceful!!

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Why not? Most of them are up wandering about trying not to piss in the kettle at that time of not anyway. Just tell them there's a scone and a cup of tea in it for them and they'll be queueing round the block at 3am.

Oy!

Have you been looking in ma windae?

8 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

It’s not exactly practical to get the top 4 groups to be going to get vaccinated in the middle of the night. 

That's a fair point and one I don't disagree with but our approach to tackling this virus doesn't seem to have held whether things are practical as much of a consideration to date.

Edit: I don't mean 'tough' luck old people btw, though it reads like that. I mean there would be some pretty low cost solutions for a lot of people in those categories that could get them there and vaccinated and back home again safely. We're spending plenty of money already in other areas, I think shortening the time we are doing that at the cost of paying for their transport would see a net saving overall.

Edited by Taffin

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Some people have genuine reasons.

Some people are pathologically selfish.

Some like attention (similar psychology to internet trolls).

Some people think it's the first step in big conspiracy to control people's every action. Most folk just get on with it in the knowledge that it's a minor inconvenience, which may help in slowing the pandemic.

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I bet half of the selfish twits who don’t wear a mask because of asthma or such like, are well enough to smoke too!  I’ve seen it myself 

disgraceful!!

Smoking is an addiction. Very judgemental. You wouldn’t get away with slating people with other addictions like that. 

Dennis Reynolds
56 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Anyone shopping in Morrisons ought to be wearing a mask to hide the shame, nevermind the pandemic.

I like Morrisons 😞 .... Although did my last shop in Tesco. 🤔

Edited by LMc

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Smoking is an addiction. Very judgemental. You wouldn’t get away with slating people with other addictions like that. 

Ummm you are missing the point

there are some twits who don’t wear mask but are well enough to smoke 

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Some people have genuine reasons.

Some people are pathologically selfish.

Some like attention (similar psychology to internet trolls).

Some people think it's the first step in big conspiracy to control people's every action. Most folk just get on with it in the knowledge that it's a minor inconvenience, which may help in slowing the pandemic.

They should wear a visor or get someone else to shop for them 

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummm you are missing the point

there are some twits who don’t wear mask but are well enough to smoke 

No. You are missing the point. Most people who don’t wear masks are bang at it but whether they smoke or not doesn’t come into it. Many smokers continue to smoke right up until the time they die of cancer or other smoking related illnesses because they can not stop. That doesn’t mean they can breathe with a mask on. Like i said most of the people not wearing a mask are just tossers. 

Kennedy Bakircioglu
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Coronavirus: Morrisons to ban shoppers who refuse to wear face masks https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55618408

Morrisons on Ferry Road mask compliance would be about 80%, in the times I've been in. I'd enjoy, but feel sceptical of it happening, if they banned people without face masks. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

No. You are missing the point. Most people who don’t wear masks are bang at it but whether they smoke or not doesn’t come into it. Many smokers continue to smoke right up until the time they die of cancer or other smoking related illnesses because they can not stop. That doesn’t mean they can breathe with a mask on. Like i said most of the people not wearing a mask are just tossers. 

I’m talking about those twits who claim they can’t wear a mask yet still smoke - I’ve seen them first hand!  Absolutely ridiculous 

glad you agree that all those who don’t wear a mask are twits though 

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I’m talking about those twits who claim they can’t wear a mask yet still smoke - I’ve seen them first hand!  Absolutely ridiculous 

glad you agree that all those who don’t wear a mask are twits though 

People who don’t wear a mask without a proper medical reason are indeed twats. Immaterial of whether they smoke or not. 

5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

No problems shopping in Waitrose one finds 

I concur. Ones fortnightly soirée to Aldi has been incident free 😀

Nucky Thompson

2.6m jabs to 2.3m people, seems like the ramp up of vaccines has started well.

That will be a disappointment to those wanting the UK government to mess up

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Been looking at these bloody 4 walls for 10 moths now! sic

You should try to get out ( if able)  to get fresh air. Its good for your mental and well as physical health. Even wear a mask outside if you want but its 99% safe you will be fine outside.  As for shops etc thats a different story. 

It looks like there will be more than enough infrastructure to do 2M per week in the UK or the per capita equivalent of about 170K per week in Scotland.  Flow of supplies is the only thing that can get in the way.

If there was unlimited supplies then they could probably exceed the 2M or equiv. by a magnitude,  eventually.

I wonder if there's enough determination to address the one crucial factor.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Why not? Most of them are up wandering about trying not to piss in the kettle at that time of not anyway. Just tell them there's a scone and a cup of tea in it for them and they'll be queueing round the block at 3am.

😂

A Question...if you refuse to take the vaccine should you be able to avail yourself of the rights of others ?

The vaccine is not 100% so why should someone willing to take it have to run an extra risk from those who refuse ?

If they don't want to take it then it is their decision as long as it does not impact on others but it means isolation, limits on exercise and travel, mask wearing, no access to pubs when we are able to etc as we are living through today

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

A Question...if you refuse to take the vaccine should you be able to avail yourself of the rights of others ?

The vaccine is not 100% so why should someone willing to take it have to run an extra risk from those who refuse ?

If they don't want to take it then it is their decision as long as it does not impact on others but it means isolation, limits on exercise and travel, mask wearing, no access to pubs when we are able to etc as we are living through today

I think enough will take up the vaccine for it to make a difference, while a small number will refuse.

The vaccine efficacy doesn't need to be 100% to make a difference in herd immunity.

We've got a long year ahead of vaccinations and as the world gathers pace I think those who were dubious will change their tune as it becomes clearer it works and is the only way out of this.

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm all for bringing the army in on this one. 👍

Your right of  Attila the Hun so no surprise with that statement...

Interesting perspective from the Highland region

"Out of the 3,376 deaths here in the Highlands last year, it’s important to remember only 33 of these died WITH (not OF) Covid-19. It should also be notes, most of the 33 deaths took place in April/May when 356 patients who had already tested positive for Coronavirus were discharged from hospitals to our care homes. In a population of over 235,000 people, that to me is not a “deadly pandemic”.
Has anyone noticed the MSM change in terminology? For months it was Covid-19 cases, now it’s Coronavirus cases. As we know Coronavirus, is a family of thousands of viruses including the common cold. Well done to all the behavioural psychologists in SAGE in engineering a threat to encourage "vaccine" uptake.
We have just got to stop complying with this nonsense en masse if we ever want to have a life worth living again and not just a dictated existence." 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm all for bringing the army in on this one. 👍

The army is already in. They haven't yet started shooting people thankfully

8 minutes ago, kila said:

herd immunity.

Ouchhhhe thats a dirty phrase on this. However scientifically proven to be effected.  But hey ho what do all those scientists know compared to the incredible knowledge base of Kickback. 

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Indeed. The pheasant and caviar are particularly spiffing at the moment.

Never seen caviar in Waitrose. The pheasant isn't much dearer than the chicken.

14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Indeed. The pheasant and caviar are particularly spiffing at the moment.

Hey Jonno, You do of course know that caviar is sturgeons eggs don't you ? 😉

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

You should try to get out ( if able)  to get fresh air. Its good for your mental and well as physical health. Even wear a mask outside if you want but its 99% safe you will be fine outside.  As for shops etc thats a different story. 

I have been mate. Every day. But more or less 10 months with no weekends away/pubs/football/parties/days out etc. Had enough. Folk need to play the game and follow the rules. Bloody tards canny even put a mask on!!!

Weakened Offender
14 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Judging by your previous responses to posters your quite  inarticulate too. This is usually to be expected of those who have far right leanings and glamorous the military. In other words brain dead. 

Far right. 😁😁😁

I actually quite like you now for calling the far right brain dead. ❤️

Edited by Weakened Offender

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, kila said:

I think enough will take up the vaccine for it to make a difference, while a small number will refuse.

The vaccine efficacy doesn't need to be 100% to make a difference in herd immunity.

We've got a long year ahead of vaccinations and as the world gathers pace I think those who were dubious will change their tune as it becomes clearer it works and is the only way out of this.

Fortunately people in the UK seem much less resistant to vaccinations than say the French. Once vaccination covers most of the old and vulnerable it will have done most of its job. Seen some anecdotal reports that the new strains attack younger peope but not seen any figures or evidence of a significant reduction in.the average age of those dying.

8 minutes ago, whodanny said:

:D

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I have been mate. Every day. But more or less 10 months with no weekends away/pubs/football/parties/days out etc. Had enough. Folk need to play the game and follow the rules. Bloody tards canny even put a mask on!!!

The pubs were open from July till Oct. You could have went in then. ?  Yeah its all pretty shit. No other word for it. 

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Never seen caviar in Waitrose. The pheasant isn't much dearer than the chicken.

My Mrs works indirectly for Waitrose packing salmon and crab pate but she's a so called key worker!

11 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Does Sturgeon have eggs? 😬

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

My Mrs works indirectly for Waitrose packing salmon and crab pate but she's a so called key worker!

Of course she is a key worker!

39 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The likely benefit regarding onward transmission is that vaccinations will greatly reduce it but without absolutely preventing it.  The people refusing the vaccine will gain personal benefit from others' vaccinations due to the greatly diminished risk of infection + all of the societal and economic freedoms returning.  At the same time they'll be contributing to the remaining level of risk for all those unlucky enough not to have gained any immune response from their vaccinations,  as well as those who couldn't be vaccinated at all.

I doubt there's any workable and fair way to proceed with the refusals.  It seems like a bit of a minefield.  We'll just need to accept that some people haven't taken part and accept or set aside the various reasons why.  

Nucky Thompson

46,169 new positive cases in the UK, the lowest figure for two weeks.

That's with daily testing up to 620,000.

Hopefully coming over the peak

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

46,169 new positive cases in the UK, the lowest figure for two weeks.

That's with daily testing up to 620,000.

Hopefully coming over the peak

Hopefully.  Two or three days of similar numbers below the peak will reinforce the possibility.  Christmas and new year mixing should now be feeding into these figures so there's a chance that we're on the recovery.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What's the contraction-->incubation-->recovery-->CV19 free timescale? Would folk who contracted at Christmas possibly be out of the stats by now/over the next few days?

7-10 days for symptoms to show.  3 or 4 weeks from infection to presentation at hospital.  There should be most of the festive period symptomatic & tested feeding into the daily case numbers I would think.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic