Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

41 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

TBF nobody is forcing folk to take the vaccine. Just basically making it difficult to function properly if the don't which is even worse TBH. 

Correct.

The vaccine is the first step in opening everything back up.

Those that choose not to take it can do so on the choice of not being allowed back into football, gigs etc.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke

I think I posted why they’d maybe kept Edinburgh in 3. Swathes of English people have been coming up for Christmas shopping apparently.  Boozers open too? They’d have had a right old knees up.

I’d imagine spread wouldve potentially been worse. 

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I think I posted why they’d maybe kept Edinburgh in 3. Swathes of English people have been coming up for Christmas shopping apparently.  Boozers open too? They’d have had a right old knees up.

England out of lockdown tomorrow. In the tier system tho h.  Edinburgh would be an attractive destination so might be the reason she will body swerve allowing businesses to open again. 

It is a disgrace how she is throwing certain sections under the bus. She told complete lies at the beginning of this as well. I hate her. 

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Correct.

The vaccine is the first step in opening everything back up.

Those that choose not to take it can do so on the choice of not being allowed back into football, gigs etc.

Surely if some people can't go to football or gigs nobody should be allowed to go...that's what we're doing right now.

Edit: yes, I'm being facetious.

Edited by Taffin

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Surely if some people can't go to football or gigs nobody should be allowed to go...that's what we're doing right now.

Its not quite the same.  Nobody can go just now because we are waiting for the vaccine.

Once the vaccine gets released then surely those people are safe to re-enter grounds in some limited capacity?

Edited by frankblack

14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That shouldn’t be a reason why they need Edinburgh in tier 3 . That’s predictions but facts . It’s meant to be about the stats . Whilst it is probably true if we go to tier 2 people from other areas will swarm here . I wouldn’t mind if the SG actually said this was a reason why we are staying in tier 3 but I’ve lost any confidence in their ability to tell the truth and be transparent .  I have actually forgot how long we have been in this tier now . Like most people  I’m now apathetic to it all now and just used to the current pathetic situation we are in caused by a complete over reaction to a virus which 99, 9 % survive . 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

That shouldn’t be a reason why they need Edinburgh in tier 3 . That’s predictions but facts . It’s meant to be about the stats . Whilst it is probably true if we go to tier 2 people from other areas will swarm here . I wouldn’t mind if the SG actually said this was a reason why we are staying in tier 3 but I’ve lost any confidence in their ability to tell the truth and be transparent .  I have actually forgot how long we have been in this tier now . Like most people  I’m now apathetic to it all now and just used to the current pathetic situation we are in caused by a complete over reaction to a virus which 99, 9 % survive . 

Its only a matter of time before a significant number of jobs are terminated in the hospitality sector, while Nicola gives a £500 bonus to NHS workers.

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its not quite the same.  Nobody can go just now because we are waiting for the vaccine.

Once the vaccine gets released then surely those people are safe to re-enter grounds in some limited capacity?

Hardly fair if some folk get vaccinated first due to being in a certain section of society I.e Old/vulnerable/frontline get to enjoy their lives again whilst the the rest of us have to look on in from the outside. 

**** that for a laugh. Plenty of sacrifices have been made from everyone. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

England out of lockdown tomorrow. In the tier system tho h.  Edinburgh would be an attractive destination so might be the reason she will body swerve allowing businesses to open again. 

It is a disgrace how she is throwing certain sections under the bus. She told complete lies at the beginning of this as well. I hate her. 

I’ve admired her for years but can honestly say I’ll never vote SNP again after this shit storm and the lack of compassion and understanding from this Govt regarding throwing pubs , restaurants under a bus, delays in medical support for cancers and other illnesses etc . 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Hardly fair if some folk get vaccinated first due to being in a certain section of society I.e Old/vulnerable/frontline get to enjoy their lives again whilst the the rest of us have to look on in from the outside. 

**** that for a laugh. 

"Thanks for saving our lives, enjoy lockdown suckers...btw Cancun is lovely this time of year"

That sort of thing?

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its only a matter of time before a significant number of jobs are terminated in the hospitality sector, while Nicola gives a £500 bonus to NHS workers.

Aye well she’s made her bed let her lie in it regarding the economy . It was the snp Achilles heel at last Indy ref and it’ll be even worse at the next Indy 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

**** that for a laugh. Plenty of sacrifices have been made from everyone. 

I know, but even if they let a limited number of fans back into Football is it fair on those that miss out?

I say this as someone that won't be in the initial group getting vaccinated.

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

It’s happening all over the world mate. They reckon 80% of England pubs on the brink. You think Boris is opening them up tomorrow? 

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

So she should’ve closed the border? Can you imagine the length some people would’ve went? Did you see the mess some people were getting into about some hard up families getting 100 quid? 
I’ve spoken to my family in NZ and Oz and to people where I have my place in Spain and they’ve had things ten times worse. 
I feel for every person and business in hard times and I’m all for them throwing money around atm and helping everyone and we can all pay more tax for a few years to pay it back. But believing there is some ulterior motive isn’t doing your head any good. 
You’re a couple of videos away from disappearing down the Q-anon rabbit holes or just believing the utter mincey heed rantings that she just hates Edinburgh. 
Edit - didn’t meant you personally. When I read that back it sounds like I mean you. I meant in general👍🏼

Edited by jack D and coke

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I know, but even if they let a limited number of fans back into Football is it fair on those that miss out?

I say this as someone that won't be in the initial group getting vaccinated.

I would imagine the football will be done on a random ballot draw and the ones that are picked won’t be in the draw for the next draw. 

That’s fair. 

What wouldn’t be fair is only letting the old codgers and vulnerable to go after the sacrifice the majority of healthy folk have made for them. They can wait with the rest of us for society to open properly 

Edited by AlimOzturk

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s happening all over the world mate. They reckon 80% of England pubs on the brink. You think Boris is opening them up tomorrow? 

So she should’ve closed the border? Can you imagine the length some people would’ve went? Did you see the mess some people were getting into about some hard up families getting 100 quid? 
I’ve spoken to my family in NZ and Oz and to people where I have my place in Spain and they’ve had things ten times worse. 
I feel for every person and business in hard times and I’m all for them throwing money around atm and helping everyone and we can all pay more tax for a few years to pay it back. But believing there is some ulterior motive isn’t doing your head any good. 
You’re a couple of videos away from disappearing down the Q-anon rabbit holes or just believing the utter mincey heed rantings that she just hates Edinburgh. 
Edit - didn’t meant you personally. When I read that back it sounds like I mean you. I meant in general👍🏼

No I’m not an anti Vaccinstor or conspiracy theorist . I just feel the Response to the virus by Govt has been well over the top and am concerned about the lock term impact 

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I would imagine the football will be done on a random ballot draw and the ones that are picked won’t be in the draw for the next draw. 

That’s fair. 

What wouldn’t be fair is only letting the old codgers and vulnerable to go after the sacrifice the majority of healthy folk have made for them. They can wait with the rest of us for society to open properly 

I'd open 3 stands, fill your boots. One stand at 20% capacity socially distanced with priority access for them prior the disease ridden hoardes arriving at the other stand at 1455.

Then let people choose which stand the go in or whether they go at all. Done.

Taffin for President. You're welcome.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

In fairness the SG have said a number of factors were taken into tier judgements, not just a number. 

There is no way in the run up to Christmas are they going to open hospitality. They’re panicked about Christmas spike already and won’t add to that. Plus you then have the West Lothian issue, which is tier 4 until at least 11 Dec. There will be too much connectivity between the two areas to have a two tier difference. IMO I think Edinburgh will almost be paced by the worst area in the lothians. 

I don’t see me being out for a meal with an alcoholic beverage this year. Whilst outside Christmas don’t think we will be allowed back in someone else’s house until Easter time.

Becoming a criminal for travelling into another council area or visiting friends in their house. What a time to be alive, though I suppose better than alternate 😞

Yes it’s just very depressing in particular the run up to Xmas period which I usually enjoy . Xmas nights out , staff night out malarkey , Hearts at home on Boxing Day and just the general vibe 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No I’m not an anti Vaccinstor or conspiracy theorist . I just feel the Response to the virus by Govt has been well over the top and am concerned about the lock term impact 

Aren’t we all. We’ve had a very lenient lockdown here tho imo but some would have you believe it’s been a deliberate hatchet job on certain areas of the economy. Listen I love and live for my social life and boozers etc but I’m much calmer about it all now. I feel there’s some light ahead. I’d be at the front of this queue for this vaccine. Give me it and be done with this nonsense. I reckon I’ve taken a lot much worse over the years :lol: 

I’m baffled as to why people are afraid of it. 
I want it over every bit as much as you man with the least damage possible. 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Aren’t we all. We’ve had a very lenient lockdown here tho imo but some would have you believe it’s been a deliberate hatchet job on certain areas of the economy. Listen I love and live for my social life and boozers etc but I’m much calmer about it all now. I feel there’s some light ahead. I’d be at the front of this queue for this vaccine. Give me it and be done with this nonsense. I reckon I’ve taken a lot much worse over the years :lol: 

I’m baffled as to why people are afraid of it. 
I want it over every bit as much as you man with the least damage possible. 

I’ll probably take the vaccine but like most it’s the possible side effects which concern me 

49 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Is there really chat about English coming up here shopping? Regularly walk through town and haven't heard any English accents. Or weegie ones either.

And there are hardly going to be a big knees up in city centre pubs any anecdotal stories seemed to centre around 'locals'

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’ll probably take the vaccine but like most it’s the possible side effects which concern me 

There’s side affects from eating fish suppers man. Side affects from not excising enough. You’ll be fine. 

17 hours ago, Candy said:

Anyway, thats all off topic....

When are we getting vaccinated?

Sooner the better for me. Some good noises being made about it on the news. 

jack D and coke
Just now, the general said:

Is there really chat about English coming up here shopping? Regularly walk through town and haven't heard any English accents. Or weegie ones either.

And there are hardly going to be a big knees up in city centre pubs any anecdotal stories seemed to centre around 'locals'

I had a chat with my niece who’s friend works for the police. That was what she told me. I didn’t say it was fact but suggested possibly why they kept the pubs closed, I’m surmising really.

I had a few English people I know cancel coming up when I told them pubs were closed too. They thought everything was open. 

6 minutes ago, the general said:

I don’t get why anyone can be arsed going on a long distance shopping trip without some peev involved. 

13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Hear any whispers about what those side effects could be or is it too early for folk to speculate. 

50 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

What were the lies?

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

There are no swathes of English people coming up to shop in Edinburgh.... total rubbish 

50 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The SG have actually said this. You should listen to the briefings.

48 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Aye well she’s made her bed let her lie in it regarding the economy . It was the snp Achilles heel at last Indy ref and it’ll be even worse at the next Indy 

The next one😧, got 25million to spare.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, theshed said:

There are no swathes of English people coming up to shop in Edinburgh.... total rubbish 

I didn’t say it was fact. I said was it possible?

Harvey Nicks seen plenty though apparently. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

FB_IMG_1606832448690.jpg

A quick look at his Twitter shows him to an obsessed weirdo. A body builder Who seems to know it all :lol: 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I didn’t say it was fact. I said was it possible?

Harvey Nicks seen plenty though apparently. 

Regards Harvey nicks I’ve lost count of the times I’ve seen fancy cars parked outside that shop getting a parking ticket while they are inside shopping. Know they will get a ticket but they don’t care as can afford it so happy to pay it 

I’d lift the cars to inconvenience them 

Anyway sorry for going off subject 👍

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Regards Harvey nicks I’ve lost count of the times I’ve seen fancy cars parked outside that shop getting a parking ticket while they are inside shopping. Know they will get a ticket but they don’t care as can afford it so happy to pay it 

Your correct tho mate👏

Nae changes  to any tiers until next week.  Same spiel from her at Hollyrood ,. Vaccine starting next week to lead to a " more normal way of life " nearer spring..." More normal ?  how about just normal  You know like it was before Covid was about.  Oh naw shes on about FACTS again.. 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, theshed said:

Plenty money lol. Don’t care aye. My niece tries to blag my dads disabled badge when she goes there the wee shite haha

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Plenty money lol. Don’t care aye. My niece tries to blag my dads disabled badge when she goes there the wee shite haha

LOL that made me laugh

4 minutes ago, theshed said:

Rather than stick to the normal parking regulations that non fancy car drivers face ? Can see that catching on. Anyway it’s cheaper taking a ticket if you were planning to be in town for the day. 

Edinburgh, Midlothian and Fife remain in level three 

Nicola Sturgeon goes on to confirm that Edinburgh, Midlothian and Fife will all remain under level three restrictions. 

This bans all hospitality from serving alcohol indoors and outdoors, and also asks restaurants to close at 6pm.

Ainsley Harriott
16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

A quick look at his Twitter shows him to an obsessed weirdo. A body builder Who seems to know it all :lol: 

He has a good point though? 

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Nae changes  to any tiers until next week.  Same spiel from her at Hollyrood ,. Vaccine starting next week to lead to a " more normal way of life " nearer spring..." More normal ?  how about just normal  You know like it was before Covid was about.  Oh naw shes on about FACTS again.. 

She won't let it get back to just normal. She'll still want some kind of control over people's lives.

I can't see her giving up the power she craves.

I can't stand the woman

3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Edinburgh, Midlothian and Fife remain in level three 

Nicola Sturgeon goes on to confirm that Edinburgh, Midlothian and Fife will all remain under level three restrictions. 

This bans all hospitality from serving alcohol indoors and outdoors, and also asks restaurants to close at 6pm.

Remain until when ? Next week or after Christmas?

Ainsley Harriott
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

She won't let it get back to just normal. She'll still want some kind of control over people's lives.

I can't stand the woman

Agree shes an absolute rat of a person 

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I can't stand the woman

Thats exactly what I am thinking Nucky. I dread to think what this " normality" will be like.  After all even the lowest level of tiers still have some areas closed...( night clubs etc) so it wont be " normal".. Level Zero needs to be drawn up and that would be how society was like before Covid.   Anyway she just said " cautious optimism" ....BINGO...... 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I’m the same so I’ll wait until my in-laws take it first and see how it affects them.

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He has a good point though? 

I could find you a joiners or a plumbers account and show you the other side of the bunfight. Would that make that true? I don’t care a monkeys for anyone’s persuasions if I look at their social media and it’s nothing but political posts. 
They’re clearly an utter tosser and need ignored. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic