Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

32 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The Welsh fire break doesn’t look to have been all that successful. They are now at the same levels before they introduced it. 

Doesn’t seem to have bought much time at all. 

Opened everything at once, which has turned out to be a big mistake. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
14 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

and most working in jobs one cant do from home therefore the risk in travelling to and from work and actually being in the workplace. Yes if furloughed do people get 80% only of their wage?  If so how do they manage to pay 100 % of their rent / council tax / bills etc?

It's 80% up to a maximum of two grand, so for many it's actually nowhere near 80% of their regular wage. I've been on furlough since April and the Mrs has been unable to work at all and recieved no support. To say it's cost us a few quid is an understatement. Thankfully we live modestly so had managed to save a bit to see us through. My heart goes out to those who are struggling or who have been pushed over the edge by this. It must be terrifying. :(

manaliveits105

Cant wait to hear Nicky slapping her fellow weegies wrists for rioting , attacking police and not social distancing last night - that will sort them 

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I was walking the dog yesterday. I crossed council areas during this dog walk. 

I look forwarded to being chastised with such criminals as Peter Sutclifff, the West’s and @jonesy. 

Strange that you cross council boundaries for work and your all good. Whilst going for a walk in the country and your suddenly endangering hundreds of life’s 😂

Shoving covid positive patients into homes and locking them up with the vulnerable people had no impact on death rate. 

COVID really is selective as **** and logic defying.

The sanctimonious meltdowns have at least brightened up my day. 😂 

Ohh @ri Albanget yourself to the hospital and good luck.👍

👍

The Welsh fire break doesn’t look to have been all that successful. They are now at the same levels before they introduced it. 

Doesn’t seem to have bought much time at all. 

So one would think they should try something different ?  It’s madness really . 

Governor Tarkin

I was walking the dog yesterday. I crossed council areas during this dog walk. 

I look forwarded to being chastised with such criminals as Peter Sutclifff, the West’s and @jonesy. 

Worse than Hitler imo, but not as bad as @jonesy.

Strange that you cross council boundaries for work and your all good. Whilst going for a walk in the country and your suddenly endangering hundreds of life’s 😂

Here's a wee question. I'm setting off for East Lothian shortly to price up a wee cash homer. Now here's the puzzle. Am I all good to travel across council boundaries as it's for work, or am I breaking the travel law due to the nature of the work?

Ohh @ri Albanget yourself to the hospital and good luck.👍

This. Good luck @ri Alban. 👍

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I forgot to add, not enough kids go hill walking imo. Too many of them are sitting on their fat erses playing their consoles.

Fat kids grow into fat adults. No wonder the UK death rate is one of the highest in this pandemic.

You sound to me like you're a responsible parent :thumb:

Completely agree . A lot of kids sitting in their bedrooms stuck on their phones or playing online games . It’s really worrying as they are losing the art of face to face conversation and social interactions . And here’s a dad taking his kids out for a walk and is being harshly maligned for it 😪 I remember the Dispair when a parent worked with proudly told me her 2 years old kid knew how to use her tablet and get on to YouTube !!!’ At the same time eating cheesy wotsits 😂

43 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's 80% up to a maximum of two grand, so for many it's actually nowhere near 80% of their regular wage. I've been on furlough since April and the Mrs has been unable to work at all and recieved no support. To say it's cost us a few quid is an understatement. Thankfully we live modestly so had managed to save a bit to see us through. My heart goes out to those who are struggling or who have been pushed over the edge by this. It must be terrifying. :(

Sorry to hear this . Good your managing but like you said probably millions not . I really believe the SG do not give a flying feck anymore . Their compassion has all but disappeared

Edited by JamesM48

manaliveits105

Do  these Regulatory bodies who have to approve the vaccines like registrars etc only work Monday to Friday (leave early on Friday) despite pandemic   - how long will they take to get this sorted - it is a tad urgent .

Nucky Thompson
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Do  these Regulatory bodies who have to approve the vaccines like registrars etc only work Monday to Friday (leave early on Friday) despite pandemic   - how long will they take to get this sorted - it is a tad urgent .

I was expecting an announcement today with the way the last 3 Mondays have gone.

Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Cant wait to hear Nicky slapping her fellow weegies wrists for rioting , attacking police and not social distancing last night - that will sort them 

well that was nada - Peter obviously phoned her with a rousing speech this morning 

The final result from the Moderna vaccine show that it stops 100% of severe cases.

Unlike the Pfizer vaccine it can be stored in a normal fridge for up to a month, and the AstraZeneca one needs further trials, so Moderna looks like the best option at the moment. The biggest issue will be availability.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/11/30/940037920/more-good-news-for-modernas-covid-19-vaccine-candidate?t=1606741977108

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Worse than Hitler imo, but not as bad as @jonesy.

Here's a wee question. I'm setting off for East Lothian shortly to price up a wee cash homer. Now here's the puzzle. Am I all good to travel across council boundaries as it's for work, or am I breaking the travel law due to the nature of the work?

This. Good luck @ri Alban. 👍👍

Tenaciousdandy
11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Which one?

Haddington, no mention if its an adult or child tho just that they are aware of a positive case 

There was also a case in North berwick primary this month also 

Edited by Dandyman79

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

NS isn't a Glaswegian. 

8 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Haddington, no mention if its an adult or child tho just that they are aware of a positive case 

There was also a case in North berwick primary this month also 

There's been several cases this month, Wallyford, Dunbar and Stoneyhill primary schools for starters and a few high schools too. 

There's 4 primary schools in Haddington.

That case at Law primary in North Berwick was the 8th case in East Lothian primary schools.

Edited by graygo

So Edinburgh numbers are dropping but they will not move down a tier to quickly apparently- so no movement there I would guess until at least the 11th of December.

FM to announce £100 million fund to help hard up Scots

Scotland records another three Covid deaths on Monday

369 new cases of Covid-19 reported

49 deaths have been registered with Covid-19 since Friday

3 deaths today.

CavySlaveJambo
11 minutes ago, steve123 said:

So Edinburgh numbers are dropping but they will not move down a tier to quickly apparently- so no movement there I would guess until at least the 11th of December.

Sounds like reviewing all the 21 non tier 4 local authority’s today. 

This appeared across the road from my flat yesterday. I though it was a Go-Kart course at first but after speaking to the cops beside it, it's a walk-up testing station.

They are wanting local residents in the Pollokshields area, with no symptoms, to get tested. They are looking to do 800 at a day at this site alone, so expect another increase in positive tests coming back!

pic-min.jpg

12 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

This appeared across the road from my flat yesterday. I though it was a Go-Kart course at first but after speaking to the cops beside it, it's a walk-up testing station.

They are wanting local residents in the Pollokshields area, with no symptoms, to get tested. They are looking to do 800 at a day at this site alone, so expect another increase in positive tests coming back!

pic-min.jpg

I'd imagine there will be an increase in the Parkhead area too... :whistling:

38 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Sounds like reviewing all the 21 non tier 4 local authority’s today. 

Yea but can't see many moving down.

27 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Yea but can't see many moving down.

Nothing is moving down before Christmas other than maybe T4 to T3 at a push.

Ainsley Harriott

I see the SNP are dishing out a £100 Christmas bonus to low income families. Talk about bribing with tax payers money on the run up to an election. Have they ever achieved anything other than hand outs?

CavySlaveJambo
17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Nothing is moving down before Christmas other than maybe T4 to T3 at a push.

T4 is time limited.  It ends on 11 December. 
Plus people should be questioning there MSP on decisions made that are not in line with the published criteria. 

8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I see the SNP are dishing out a £100 Christmas bonus to low income families. Talk about bribing with tax payers money on the run up to an election. Have they ever achieved anything other than hand outs?

Prior to Covid I’m fairly sure they said they wanted to look after the poorest and most vulnerable in our society. This kinda fits with that. 

2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

The final result from the Moderna vaccine show that it stops 100% of severe cases.

Fantastic news. Shame the Uk isn't getting any until March.

40 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Imagine getting annoyed by people living in poverty being given some financial assistance to help them feed their families over christmas.

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

pic-min.jpg

This is good news surely?

Find out who has got it, especially asymptomatic to put measures on place cut down community spreading.

Seems to work elsewhere in the world and even closer to home, making an impact in Liverpool.

Unless of course we want to go down the Trump method that if you stop testing, you have less people cases of people catching it.......

7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

This is good news surely?

Find out who has got it, especially asymptomatic to put measures on place cut down community spreading.

Seems to work elsewhere in the world and even closer to home, making an impact in Liverpool.

Unless of course we want to go down the Trump method that if you stop testing, you have less people cases of people catching it.......

I think it's a good thing but it's been pretty quiet there today. The issue is that you can't just walk up, you have to book online via ScotGov website, or something like that.

Considering most of the people here in Pollokshields are elderly and non-english speaking immigrants, it's not much use to them if they can't just walk up and get a test. 

5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I think it's a good thing but it's been pretty quiet there today. The issue is that you can't just walk up, you have to book online via ScotGov website, or something like that.

Considering most of the people here in Pollokshields are elderly and non-english speaking immigrants, it's not much use to them if they can't just walk up and get a test. 

Cheers.

Walk up really needs to be considered, in fact a must.

NHS staff and care staff get £500 bonus😊

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/politics/all-scottish-nhs-and-care-staff-get-ps500-thank-you-payment-3052684

surely not a bribe when an election is in the offing😉

“Independence can be "unifying" force as Scots come together to help rebuild in the aftermath of the pandemic, she added, with next year's Scottish Parliament election poised to be a de facto vote on the right to hold another vote on leaving the UK.

"Next May we will ask you, the people of Scotland, to put your trust in us to continue that task of building a better country,” the First Minister added.

Edited by Boy Daniel

5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Not sure how I feel about that. I think one off money should be available on a means tested basis. 

Bit of a curve ball bowled to Westminster as well I see. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

I might get pelters but why no give the £500 to the people who aren’t working at the moment or lost their jobs.

Think this giveaway will cause more harm than good as teachers and other key workers like supermarket staff have worked through this and get nothing 

Nurses are always going to be in a job so let’s give them more. Forgot about the thousands that havnt made a penny for months 

Ainsley Harriott
53 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Imagine getting annoyed by people living in poverty being given some financial assistance to help them feed their families over christmas.

I'm getting annoyed about paying 40% tax to allow her silly wee publicity stunts while our economy and public services go to shit.

3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I'm getting annoyed about paying 40% tax to allow her silly wee publicity stunts while our economy and public services go to shit.

You only pay 40% on a bit of it tbf. 

6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

It's not a publicity stunt for people who can't afford to feed their family. 

Heartsmad1874
18 minutes ago, theshed said:

I might get pelters but why no give the £500 to the people who aren’t working at the moment or lost their jobs.

Think this giveaway will cause more harm than good as teachers and other key workers like supermarket staff have worked through this and get nothing 

Nurses are always going to be in a job so let’s give them more. Forgot about the thousands that havnt made a penny for months 

Sainsburys giving us staff a 'Thankyou' payment. 10% of Novembers wage in Decembers pay packet. 

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not sure how I feel about that. I think one off money should be available on a means tested basis. 

Bit of a curve ball bowled to Westminster as well I see. 

Means testing sounds good in theory, in practice it can cost more to administer than it saves.

20 minutes ago, theshed said:

I agree, certainly with key workers and supermarket staff but I’m not sure how you organise that as most are private company staff. I’m sure someone will have a way. 
Teachers whilst they do a good job in the main have worked from home. It’s only recently they have gone back to face to face teaching. 

6 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I agree, certainly with key workers and supermarket staff but I’m not sure how you organise that as most are private company staff. I’m sure someone will have a way. 
Teachers whilst they do a good job in the main have worked from home. It’s only recently they have gone back to face to face teaching. 

You have a point regard teachers but if I were in the restaurant, pub, travel, leisure and hotel industries I’d no be that happy about giving more money to people who have picked up a wage  all year and might have made lots more in overtime for all I know  

14 minutes ago, graygo said:

Means testing sounds good in theory, in practice it can cost more to administer than it saves.

Fair enough I suppose a better way of putting it is I’d rather give it to people who have more of a need for 500 quid than NHS staff, who have worked all through the coronavirus crisis. Thanking people for their efforts by giving them cash would be quite low on my list of priorities. 

Edited by GinRummy

Ainsley Harriott
19 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I’m sure these families will happily swap jobs and take over you tax burden. 

Doubt it they swap their spot on the  sofa and heroin for nothing them lot.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic