Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Howdy Doody Jambo
35 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Did you aye? If you object to some hard up family getting £100 before Christmas and are trying to make angles that it’s cos there’s an election then I’m deadly serious.  
Horrendous stuff. 

This dough should have been handed oot month's ago, why now? Why does she not just cut taxes in Scotland and put benefits up, naw here's a wee Christmas present to buy some messages 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I reckon people would prefer to have their jobs back and go to work than be given £100. Might just be me though.

Its also a bit of a kick in the teeth to other workers.  If anything we have learned from lockdowns and the pandemic is the definition of an " essential worker" has completely changed...supermarket workers, bus drivers. taxi drivers etc could all be viewed as " essential . 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I always take the use of the laughing emoji as a sign that argument is lost. 

:rofl:

:muggy:

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

This dough should have been handed oot month's ago, why now? Why does she not just cut taxes in Scotland and put benefits up, naw here's a wee Christmas present to buy some messages 

£100 should’ve been handed oot months ago? Are you reading back to yourself that you’re making a big deal out some hard up folk getting £100? To buy some messages. This is winding you up? 

Howdy Doody Jambo
Just now, jack D and coke said:

£100 should’ve been handed oot months ago? Are you reading back to yourself that you’re making a big deal out some hard up folk getting £100? To buy some messages. This is winding you up? 

Winding you up more like 

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You do realise that the 'bail out money' has either been repaid or will be repaid in future. Think the Nat West group, formerly RBS, still has some to repay, but rest has been recovered. 

I don't believe nurses or NHS staff need rewarded with bonus for doing the job they are paid to do? Not all NHS staff worked on Covid wards, and those that were trained to do so worked as required. 

If they don't like conditions they have, do what everyone else has to do and apply for jobs elsewhere. They knew wages when they entered profession after all. 

I'll have to disagree on the NHS staff, I doubt most of them do it for the money. 

Do you get bonus at your work? Or do you refuse it as you are just doing your job? I don't see a problem rewarding people who were sent to work with the public before we really knew what this was and potentially putting themselves and their families at risk.

In regards the bail out being paid back (I'll admit I wasn't aware it had) does that include interest? Or is it just what was spent ?

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Scottish government have been storing cash away for last few years by not spending all of allowances they receive. 

They also could improve education and health standards throughout country but have chosen not to as it suits their political ambition. 

All of the political grandstanding over last 9 months has built up to NS speech today. Always been the plan. 

Allowances 😁😁😁

39 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The seethe on this thread.

Fake seethe though.  People selectively not caring about those in poverty in order to create a bogus political grievance.   Pathological and irrational hatred,  red in tooth and claw.

Rancid and comedy gold all at once.

Malinga the Swinga
20 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Fake seethe though.  People selectively not caring about those in poverty in order to create a bogus political grievance.   Pathological and irrational hatred,  red in tooth and claw.

Rancid and comedy gold all at once.

Not caring about poverty. You have **** all idea what posters here care about. You have no idea if people contribute to charities or do charitable work. 

If there is one rancid thing on here, it's your self pious attitude. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Only 36 positive cases announced today for City of Edinburgh i know there was a bit of a technical issue but surely Tier two beckons shortly. fed up standing outside the Harbour Bar and nearest toilet is Asda 300 yards away lol

Aye Nicola seems to be following the Eva Peron school of politics with her financial handouts to the descamisados ( shirtless poor ones ) maybe she will Do a wee song outside at Bute house if it has a balcony like the Casa Rosada !!! Nothing would surprise me after this looney year 

Is that hundred quid going to the folk who’ve never worked a day in their lives and spend all their child benefit on fags and booze (source: missus deals with people like them every day since they **** over their kids lives as much as their own) so are in ‘poverty’ or is it going to the hard-working hospitality and retail workers whose businesses, careers and lives have been chucked in the bin through no fault of their own?

20 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sure as hell won't be Madonna in her prime that plays her in the film adaptation. In fact Maradona, his recent death notwishstanding, is a better lookalike. However, we all know who the frontrunner is: Is this the best Private Eye lookalike EVER? | Metro News 

😂😂😂

Doctor FinnBarr
51 minutes ago, Zico said:

Is that hundred quid going to the folk who’ve never worked a day in their lives and spend all their child benefit on fags and booze (source: missus deals with people like them every day since they **** over their kids lives as much as their own) so are in ‘poverty’ or is it going to the hard-working hospitality and retail workers whose businesses, careers and lives have been chucked in the bin through no fault of their own?

What hundred quid? Have I missed a giveaway?

5 hours ago, Zico said:

Don't remember these so called people getting government grants and tax break to close their doors. It must be shite not working on minimum wage or casual for these so called shat on hospitality and private homes owners(multi millionaires), so aye, it could well be a hunner quid for them as well. 👍

'Wife deals with these people ' Sounds like the other way round and hopefully your Mrs doesn't go into her day with the attitude of detestment that you have for people who have been fecked in life from the off. 

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, Zico said:

Exactly,  her "core voters" in other words. 

11 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's the 9.5 billion they got from Rishi Sunak.

Why wait until their party conference to announce the 'gifts' though

Political parasites 

Got from Sunak. How kind. 

7 hours ago, jonesy said:

Not sure what it is about this thread that's brought out the worst in Old Vic. Seems a decent enough poster going by other threads, but I agree about your final sentence - pious, almost puritanical devotion to being at the mercy of the government's whims. I guess some people just need to be told what to do and have an envy of those who dare think for themselves.

Brought out the worst in me?  **** me that's priceless.  Some of you people need to look in a mirror.

I'll just leave it be now.  All the best to everyone.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

No vaccine no entry to pubs, restaurants,bingo etc... Aye right, you can't even enforce masks. 

I suggested this would happen a while ago and was told I was completely mental. 

23 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Can you paste the article of give the cliff notes version?

I can't get back into it now either 😅 I think you can read an article once maybe on it.

Long story short:

Most sceptical of this vaccination aren't true anti-vaxxers but perceive it to be rushed and/or they are actually exposing themselves to more risk than the virus presents to them so don't really want to take it. Given the number of people not at great risk outweighs those who are the impact of mandatory vaccination could actually see lesser uptake as people rebel against being told to take something they don't need. In turn companies thinking their making a smart commercial move enforcing it may actually be doing the opposite. 

There was another point I found interesting but it now escapes me. I'll post it if I can remember later 👍

Edit: I remembered. Airlines have no liability to protect people from a known risk such as Covid as long as they take sensible precautions. They're only liable for extreme oversight and negligence etc. However, mandating that people take a vaccine may make them liable should complications arise from that vaccine.

Edited by Taffin

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I can't get back into it now either 😅 I think you can read an article once maybe on it.

Long story short:

Most sceptical of this vaccination aren't true anti-vaxxers but perceive it to be rushed and/or they are actually exposing themselves to more risk than the virus presents to them so don't really want to take it. Given the number of people not at great risk outweighs those who are the impact of mandatory vaccination could actually see lesser uptake as people rebel against being told to take something they don't need. In turn companies thinking their making a smart commercial move enforcing it may actually be doing the opposite. 

There was another point I found interesting but it now escapes me. I'll post it if I can remember later 👍

Well healthy fit people should not be forced to take it . Actually no one should be . It should be voluntary then once all those who want it have had it we open up fully and bobs your uncle ! 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Well healthy fit people should not be forced to take it . Actually no one should be . It should be voluntary then once all those who want it have had it we open up fully and bobs your uncle ! 

I've got my own thoughts on it but I'm not willing to share them here but the article isn't driving at for or against it being mandatory. It's more focused on what impact businesses making it mandatory may actually have. They believe it may actually be bad for business.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I've got my own thoughts on it but I'm not willing to share them here but the article isn't driving at for or against it being mandatory. It's more focused on what impact businesses making it mandatory may actually have. They believe it may actually be bad for business.

Hi Taffin I’m really just very much against pumping into into my body I’m not sure about , as most people should be with this very new vaccine . That’s the main issue I have plus the civil liberties issues . Even with normal day to day meds there are copious amounts of side effects to meds which are concerning . Completely agree that it would be bad for business as it’s mostly younger people who keeps pubs afloat . 

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Spot on. I’ll be taking it but no one should be forced to. Dangerous road to go down when we start singling people out if they have or haven’t taken a vaccine. The people screaming from the rooftops that we should be doing so are more worrying in my opinion than those who say they don’t want to take it. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Spot on. I’ll be taking it but no one should be forced to. Dangerous road to go down when we start singling people out if they have or haven’t taken a vaccine. The people screaming from the rooftops that we should be doing so are more worrying in my opinion than those who say they don’t want to take it. 

Agree with you. At the moment, I'll be taking it and am hoping for side effects to include hair regrowth ( on head), weight loss (nothing drastic, just body fat reduction)  and would be good if it repaired knee ligament damage. 

By the time I am eligible for vaccine, hoping any other side effects are known. I will then make final decision. 

12 minutes ago, King prawn said:

👍👍

CavySlaveJambo
37 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It may be the case if you want to go to certain countries you have to have had the vaccine in a similar way to that of Yellow Fever. 

1 minute ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

It may be the case if you want to go to certain countries you have to have had the vaccine in a similar way to that of Yellow Fever. 

I had the yellow fever vaccine in February and seemed like I got every side effect on the list. It was the worst I’ve felt in years and at one point I was so disoriented that I ended up a bit lost after getting off a metro without realising where I was. Doesn’t add anything to this topic but I hated the bloody thing :lol: 

10 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

It may well be. However for it to have any purpose, that country would need to already be on top of it via their own vaccination programme and if they were then unvaccinated people visiting wouldn't pose much risk surely?

What if one vaccination proves to prevent onward transmission but another one doesn't? Then it's a vaccine lottery on who gets to travel. If none of them end up preventing it then it's not much benefit to making mandatory from a travel perspective.

Aside, if there is no vaccination certificate as is being claimed, then:

A. how do people prove they've had it?

B. will countries ban everyone from Britain from visiting, long term?

11 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Only 36 positive cases announced today for City of Edinburgh i know there was a bit of a technical issue but surely Tier two beckons shortly. fed up standing outside the Harbour Bar and nearest toilet is Asda 300 yards away lol

Went by there on Saturday was certainly busy ... the pub not Asda

Fxxx the SPFL
17 minutes ago, the general said:

Went by there on Saturday was certainly busy ... the pub not Asda

you getting out anywhere Kenny for a wee sneaky drink legal of course

CavySlaveJambo

Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire expected to move to Level 3 this week.  What that means for Moray (also NHS Grampian) is anyones guess. 

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

you getting out anywhere Kenny for a wee sneaky drink legal of course

Of course pal ... Grosvenor Fox and Faun . Black Cat . Hector's etc

Getting a bit king billy now though especially at my age

Can’t believe pubs are still closed ffs. 

Remember folk saying it was only for three weeks. Honestly embarrassing now. 

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, the general said:

posh fecker going to Hector's hope you sit outside lol

3 minutes ago, the general said:

They all doing takeaway beer?

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

TBF nobody is forcing folk to take the vaccine. Just basically making it difficult to function properly if the don't which is even worse TBH. 

26 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

16 days she said,  "don't worry  just a short, sharp circuit break". The problem is that politicians are frightened of their own shadows and are only interested in covering their own erses ahead of the public inquury. No justification for the lock downs we are seeing now and when requested, of course, the evidence simply doesn't exist. Keep hiding behind the "NHS will be overwhelmed " mantra. Meanwhile,  Arcadia have collapsed and, indirectly, Debenhams will also collapse, shedding 12k jobs. Hard to imagine a Thatcher or a Blair presiding over the short of s**t show that Johnson and Sturgeon have created.

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

It’ll soon be 3 bloody months and will probably be longer.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic