• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fabienleclerq
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough I suppose a better way of putting it is I’d rather give it to people who have more of a need for 500 quid than NHS staff, who have worked all through the coronavirus crisis. Thanking people for their efforts by giving them cash would be quite low on my list of priorities. 

Can we not do both?

I'm maybe wide of the mark but I'm pretty sure bailing the banks out cost us more than furlough etc. Theres always a shortage of cash when it comes to rewarding people like nurses etc.

Just now, fabienleclerq said:

Can we not do both?

I'm maybe wide of the mark but I'm pretty sure bailing the banks out cost us more than furlough etc. Theres always a shortage of cash when it comes to rewarding people like nurses etc.

As I said in an earlier post. Giving NHS staff £500 would be down on my list of priorities. All for looking after the most harmed financially and giving NHS staff cash 👍

Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You only pay 40% on a bit of it tbf. 

And it's 41%.

Don't think I'll be making it this year anyway. :(

6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Doubt it they swap their spot on the  sofa and heroin for nothing them lot.

:jjyay:

Malinga the Swinga
56 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Can we not do both?

You do realise that the 'bail out money' has either been repaid or will be repaid in future. Think the Nat West group, formerly RBS, still has some to repay, but rest has been recovered. 

I don't believe nurses or NHS staff need rewarded with bonus for doing the job they are paid to do? Not all NHS staff worked on Covid wards, and those that were trained to do so worked as required. 

If they don't like conditions they have, do what everyone else has to do and apply for jobs elsewhere. They knew wages when they entered profession after all. 

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You do realise that the 'bail out money' has either been repaid or will be repaid in future. Think the Nat West group, formerly RBS, still has some to repay, but rest has been recovered. 

I don't believe nurses or NHS staff need rewarded with bonus for doing the job they are paid to do? Not all NHS staff worked on Covid wards, and those that were trained to do so worked as required. 

If they don't like conditions they have, do what everyone else has to do and apply for jobs elsewhere. They knew wages when they entered profession after all. 

A lot of it was written off I think. selling converted shares cheap. Talking about rbs/NatWest. 

Edited by GinRummy

12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Completely agree. Like supermarket workers, taxi  drivers. bus drivers and others who had to confront the general public each day and keep the economy going.  Where is the wee bung for them ? Its clearly a political move as it always is by this rancid SNP Govt.  They have absolutely no shame now and throwing about money like confetti .  I thought it was only Theresa May who had the magic money tree?  The £100 bribe to " poor" families is an insult to the working poor who probably wont be able to access it.  

Was meant to take my 5 year old daughter to dobbies at Lasswade to santas grotto today. Cancelled late Friday night due to nicola sturgeon issuing new guidance saying no indoor santa visits in tier 3 or 4 areas. Never heard this from dobbies...wife caught it on social media when the folk at dalkeith Country Park had the decency to let customers know about this new guidance. I called dobbies at 8.30am to clarify and the woman had to go check. She hadn't been told either! So the garden centre remains open, cafe remains open but Santa's grotto not allowed. Poor customer service from dobbies and no doubt will have to chase for a refund (minus the booking fee of course) WTF is that all about?? Thankfully we hadn't told our daughter as suspected this might happen. I just hope the scottish government have kept plenty cash back for dealing with the increase in mental health issues that will follow this 'pandemic' or to get the already long NHS waiting lists down rather than throwing £500 sweeteners out to a few staff. Im utterly pissed off st the hypocrisy and double standards of some of the 'rules and guidance' being issued by the SNP. 

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A lot of it was written off I think. selling converted shares cheap. Talking about rbs/NatWest. 

Government spent £137 billion bailing out banks. £27 billion outstanding and that should come when remainder of their shares are sold. 

Governments provided guarantees but these were never called on. 

I know it is still vast some of money. 

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I see the SNP are dishing out a £100 Christmas bonus to low income families. Talk about bribing with tax payers money on the run up to an election. Have they ever achieved anything other than hand outs?

You’re actually unhappy they’re helping people? People who are skint? Dig them out for a lot of things but cmon man. 
Im all for any government help atm whether that’s to individuals or businesses. 

Peopoe seriously want to park their political seethe until we’re out of this. 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Government spent £137 billion bailing out banks. £27 billion outstanding and that should come when remainder of their shares are sold. 

Governments provided guarantees but these were never called on. 

I know it is still vast some of money. 

Last I read we were unlikely to get all the RBS cash back. Had a quick search just now but can’t find anything more current than articles from 2018. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Was meant to take my 5 year old daughter to dobbies at Lasswade to santas grotto today. Cancelled late Friday night due to nicola sturgeon issuing new guidance saying no indoor santa visits in tier 3 or 4 areas. Never heard this from dobbies...wife caught it on social media when the folk at dalkeith Country Park had the decency to let customers know about this new guidance. I called dobbies at 8.30am to clarify and the woman had to go check. She hadn't been told either! So the garden centre remains open, cafe remains open but Santa's grotto not allowed. Poor customer service from dobbies and no doubt will have to chase for a refund (minus the booking fee of course) WTF is that all about?? Thankfully we hadn't told our daughter as suspected this might happen. I just hope the scottish government have kept plenty cash back for dealing with the increase in mental health issues that will follow this 'pandemic' or to get the already long NHS waiting lists down rather than throwing £500 sweeteners out to a few staff. Im utterly pissed off st the hypocrisy and double standards of some of the 'rules and guidance' being issued by the SNP. 

Scottish government have been storing cash away for last few years by not spending all of allowances they receive. 

They also could improve education and health standards throughout country but have chosen not to as it suits their political ambition. 

All of the political grandstanding over last 9 months has built up to NS speech today. Always been the plan. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Last I read we were unlikely to get all the RBS cash back. Had a quick search just now but can’t find anything more current than articles from 2018. 

We shall have to wait and see I guess. Still, when you see the claims trillions spent and lost during that crisis, it should always be remembered that figures are wildly exaggerated for reasons only media and those making claim can answer. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Scottish government have been storing cash away for last few years by not spending all of allowances they receive. 

They also could improve education and health standards throughout country but have chosen not to as it suits their political ambition. 

All of the political grandstanding over last 9 months has built up to NS speech today. Always been the plan. 

I haven't heard her speech today but I'm totally fed up to the back teeth of her tbh. She's got devolved powers for taxation, health and education and all 3 are a shit show under her leadership. Anyone earning above 26k a year is worse off than rest of the UK but the folk earning lowest wages in Scotland.. I.e 16-17k are only around £20 a year better off than their UK counterparts. Hardly life changing support for the folk who need it most is it now?? Whst is she doing with the extra revenue raised from increased taxation? Is offering free school meals to all of primary schools a good idea given the costs involved? Surely its better off providing free meals to those only that need the support? Thats coming from someone who did get free dinners as a kid but can afford to either pay for my own children or provide them with a packed lunch. Im not against independence but the hard-core following need to scrutinise what she's done (or not done) so far rather than just looking at the end game. I've yet to watch it but apparently Andrew Marr managed to challenge her quite well yesterday morning on some of her lies, sorry I mean facts. 

Ainsley Harriott
16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You’re actually unhappy they’re helping people? People who are skint? Dig them out for a lot of things but cmon man. 
Im all for any government help atm whether that’s to individuals or businesses. 

Peopoe seriously want to park their political seethe until we’re out of this. 

How about building an decent economy with jobs and decent wages. Na let's just buy them a Christmas present so they vote us back in come may. Cheap easy politics 

Nucky Thompson
25 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

throwing about money like confetti 

It's the 9.5 billion they got from Rishi Sunak.

Why wait until their party conference to announce the 'gifts' though

Political parasites 

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

How about building an decent economy with jobs and decent wages. Na let's just buy them a Christmas present so they vote us back in come may. Cheap easy politics 

Is that what it looks like to you? £100?? 

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Is that what it looks like to you? £100?? 

Would she have bothered if there wasnt an election in 6 months? 

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Would she have bothered if there wasnt an election in 6 months? 

Hard to say considering the current situation. At least some of those worse off than most will have a nicer Christmas. Nice imo.

Howdy Doody Jambo
24 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly, we've all been struggling financially most of the year and now she's playing Santa 🎅 Claus with the money that's been squirreled away to induce voters 

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I hope you don’t grudge me getting my £200.00 winter allowance?

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Not at all you keep cosy Granpa 

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It's just a pity you can't spend it in your local. :(

Toxteth O'Grady

We have woefully bad politicians just now, a choice between either Control Freaks or Clueless  I will be voting for “none of the above”  in May.

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

Exactly, we've all been struggling financially most of the year and now she's playing Santa 🎅 Claus with the money that's been squirreled away to induce voters 

**** me....£100!?! 

jack D and coke
32 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

No like Thatcher then? RTB etc? Wasn’t to win votes in the council estates? 
£100....**** me

Nucky Thompson
28 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's just a pity you can't spend it in your local. :(

It will be worth £400 by the time his local is allowed to open again

jack D and coke
Just now, Candy said:

But whit aboot the Toaries 

Merely made a comparison. He’s hilariously claiming giving some hard up family £100 is akin to bribing voters. If you have a problem with that I’d suggest you’re a horrible ***** frankly. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Candy said:

I took you for a better poster than that

Did you aye? If you object to some hard up family getting £100 before Christmas and are trying to make angles that it’s cos there’s an election then I’m deadly serious.  
Horrendous stuff. 

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It will be worth £400 by the time his local is allowed to open again

You’re right.

It won’t be anytime soon.

14 minutes ago, Candy said:

But whit aboot the Toaries 

As the snp seem to be the only short to medium term alternative to the tories surely any comparison between the two is valid. 

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Did you aye? If you object to some hard up family getting £100 before Christmas and are trying to make angles that it’s cos there’s an election then I’m deadly serious.  
Horrendous stuff. 

It can be both worthwhile for those receiving it and also thought to be a political gesture.

Neither of which mean I'm objecting to it.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

As the snp seem to be the only short to medium term option to the tories surely any comparison between the two is valid. 

Possibly. 

Moaning about the the Toaries/Boris/England/Westminster seems to be the go to argument from Nationalists.

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Your going for work, so your ok. Your furloughed and your allowed to take other forms of paid employment. 

Some ships harboured or you going back to your Masonic roots?

Anyway, hopefully you get it and remember and disinfect that cash that goes in your hand👍

The homer is a bit of landscaping and a bit of masonry. Should be an earner if the weather holds. 👍

I'm actually back in the office tomorrow too, so will be out of the house and earning a modest crust at least. They've not got me any offshore stuff atm though and that's where the money is, but it's a time to be counting the blessings so you'll not get any complaints from me.

2 minutes ago, Candy said:

Possibly. 

Moaning about the the Toaries/Boris/England/Westminster seems to be the go to argument from Nationalists.

Anyway, thats all off topic....

When are we getting vaccinated?

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Horrendous stuff. 

Did she release these funds last year or were the poor not as poor or relevant then? 

Why not help those in hospitality or travel who have been made redundant or those who have lost jobs through last year?

She has had all year to do something yet chooses now, just as she announces her political wish list. 

If you can't see that, then I would suggest it is you who has problem. 

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Candy said:

It can be both worthwhile for those receiving it and also thought to be a political gesture.

Neither of which mean I'm objecting to it.

I really try not to get political atm. I’d like us all to get out of this then we can all renew the bunfight. 
Bumping your gums about £100? I’ll say it again....**** me. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Did she release these funds last year or were the poor not as poor or relevant then? 

Why not help those in hospitality or travel who have been made redundant or those who have lost jobs through last year?

She has had all year to do something yet chooses now, just as she announces her political wish list. 

Mad Nicola out.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I’ll agree but are you suggesting this isn’t happening all over the world? 80% of the pubs in England reckoned to be teeetering?

I don’t have any issue with any government offering or trying to offer help to anyone or business atm. I’m all for more. Throw the money about and we can all sort it when we’re out of this. 

manaliveits105
8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Spot on👍

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ll agree but are you suggesting this isn’t happening all over the world? 80% of the pubs in England reckoned to be teeetering?

I don’t have any issue with any government offering or trying to offer help to anyone or business atm. I’m all for more. Throw the money about and we can all sort it when we’re out of this. 

Which would be fine but that isn't what she has chosen to do, she has appealed to those whose vote she is depending on in May next year. 

It's a bribe, a pish poor bribe but aimed at those who are desperate. Surprised she isn't doing a Trump and insisting on cheques with her name on it going out to those eligible. 

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Mad Nicola out.

Who said she was mad. She's a political operator used to getting her own way, who doesn't tolerate or accept criticism, and who insists on 100% loyalty from those she works with.

Nicola out would have sufficed. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic