• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Thats exactly what I am thinking Nucky. I dread to think what this " normality" will be like.  After all even the lowest level of tiers still have some areas closed...( night clubs etc) so it wont be " normal".. Level Zero needs to be drawn up and that would be how society was like before Covid.   Anyway she just said " cautious optimism" ....BINGO...... 

I've got a feeling that even if the pandemic ended and it was to go back to pre covid normal, she would still keep some constraints on pubs under the guise of public health.

Her war on alcohol will intensify imo

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

What are the figures for Edinburgh?
Have they been dropping the last week?  

Not sure but even if they have doubt she will move us down a tier so dont get your hopes up.  There will be some other spurious reason why we wont be moved next week. 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, theshed said:

What are the figures for Edinburgh?
Have they been dropping the last week?  

It wouldn't matter if they dropped down to zero, she would still keep Edinburgh in Tier 3 

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've got a feeling that even if the pandemic ended and it was to go back to pre covid normal, she would still keep some constraints on pubs under the guise of public health.

Her war on alcohol will intensify imo

I was going to say that too Nucky. Late licences withdrawn etc.  Pubs only opened until 11 pm etc..Maybe even closed Sundays...?    Nightclubs limited licences too.  

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It wouldn't matter if they dropped down to zero, she would still keep Edinburgh in Tier 3 

What really pisses me off that no one seems to ask these questions about Edinburgh in Tier 3.

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What really pisses me off that no one seems to ask these questions about Edinburgh in Tier 3.

Especially the SNP-Labour Edinburgh Council who are happy to let the SG shit over us without uttering a peep.

Edited by frankblack

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Especially the SNP-Labour Edinburgh Council who are happy to let the SG shit over us without uttering a peep.

Exactly. 

A disgrace.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You just have to look at the stooges sitting in the benches behind her, all clapping like trained sealions, waiting for their master to throw them scraps

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

You just have to look at the stooges sitting in the benches behind her, all clapping like trained sealions, waiting for their master to throw them scraps

:laugh2:

This is not a new thing with the SNP under Sturgeon. They are the most authoritarian government in Western Europe. I really think they are treating Scotland and this Covid 19 outbreak as a chance to make Scotland a laboratory for state wide authoritarian ideas. With each majority the get in Holyrood they become bolder with their policies.

Some of their policies are completely illiberal. They want to give every child a state manager like parents are somehow incapable, their hate speech law baffles belief, the sugar tax and alcohol minimum pricing. They want a nanny state.

I have put up with up with it in the stupid belief that they are the party to lead us to independence. The support they have now is enormous but I cant see them wanting to move from their cosy position they have found themselves in.  They are powerful and independence would see the SNP disband and lose that power. The SNP has become a smoke screen ever since Alex Salmon and other trusted advisors got Stitched up.

Independence is not enough for me to vote for them any more

jack D and coke
23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I was going to say that too Nucky. Late licences withdrawn etc.  Pubs only opened until 11 pm etc..Maybe even closed Sundays...?    Nightclubs limited licences too.  

Surprised at you the now man. 

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Must’ve killed you to include Labour there. 

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

As opposed to toffs shouting hear hear and laughing when they vote against rises for nurses and shit eh :lol: 

Today, 13,039 new tests were conducted, which is an increase from yesterdays figure of 7,285. From those 13,039, 7.3% were positive.

Also, from that 13,039, there were 5,154 people who were tested for the first time. This takes the total number of individual people tested in Scotland up to 1,184,858, which covers 21.69% of the population.

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

As opposed to toffs shouting hear hear and laughing when they vote against rises for nurses and shit eh :lol: 

Maybe so, but at least a lot of the back benchers challenge the government when they disagree with them.

Sturgeon goes unchallenged 

Ainsley Harriott

This is just yet ANOTHER anti indie thread now :lol: 

Trouble is the mods ban everyone who is anti indy from the other political threads.

NHS Region: Lothian

Council Area: Edinburgh City

1. Population: 524,900

2. Cases: 7,544

2a. New Cases Today: 45

2b. New Cases Past 7 Days: 364

3. Deaths: 307

3a. New Deaths Today: 1

3b. New Deaths Past 7 Days: 6

4. Tests Conducted: 222,641

4a. New Tests Today: 1,168

4b. New Tests Past 7 Days: 10,696

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

NHS Region: Lothian

Council Area: Edinburgh City

1. Population: 524,900

2. Cases: 7,544

2a. New Cases Today: 45

2b. New Cases Past 7 Days: 364

3. Deaths: 307

3a. New Deaths Today: 1

3b. New Deaths Past 7 Days: 6

4. Tests Conducted: 222,641

4a. New Tests Today: 1,168

4b. New Tests Past 7 Days: 10,696

So 45 new cases today out of 1.168 tests. That's roughly 4% positivity.

The WHO say anything below 5% means the virus is under control

CavySlaveJambo
1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Edinburgh, Midlothian and Fife remain in level three 

Nicola Sturgeon goes on to confirm that Edinburgh, Midlothian and Fife will all remain under level three restrictions. 

This bans all hospitality from serving alcohol indoors and outdoors, and also asks restaurants to close at 6pm.

And despite the requests of Public Health Scotland Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire remain tier 2.   

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye but Nicky always has different parameters to everyone else. 

CavySlaveJambo
34 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Independence is not enough for me to vote for them any more

Unless something drastically changes between now and May, I am spoiling my constituency ballot.  List I will use. 

CavySlaveJambo
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

yep, there has been some were %positivity data.  I've actually tried asking on Public Health Scotland how that is calculated. 

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I think there has been a bit of bump

in Edinburgh numbers today, not sure if result of student testing or just a result of reporting delays. 

My laddie got his covid test at HW Uni at 9.20am this morning, he got a negative result back at 3.20pm.

Konrad von Carstein
9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Surely you can appreciate that there is a very shaky grip on this?

We cant be looking at areas and see, say 5% and lower the restrictions on that day... Settled, consistent trends are whats needed.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Surely you can appreciate that there is a very shaky grip on this?

We cant be looking at areas and see, say 5% and lower the restrictions on that day... Settled, consistent trends are whats needed.

Definitely, but Edinburgh's levels have been fairly consistent.

From the GOV.UK covid dashboard. Edinburgh City had 364 cases in the last 7 days, down 19.1%.

Edinburgh City had 6 deaths in the last 7 days, down 14.3%

In the UK as a whole, our positivity average is well below average.

Toxteth O'Grady
34 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

My laddie got his covid test at HW Uni at 9.20am this morning, he got a negative result back at 3.20pm.

Does he live on Campus?

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Does he live on Campus?

No. We live in Edinburgh west luckily enough and he still lives at home.

He finds it impossible to study at home, so goes in to Uni every day.

He gets a room to himself most days

jack D and coke
59 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Agreed that there is sometimes a bit of overlap, but you must admit, Sturgeon has revelled in the limelight of the pandemic, and could be considered to be using CV19 as a way of promoting the her main cause?

56 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Maybe so, but at least a lot of the back benchers challenge the government when they disagree with them.

Sturgeon goes unchallenged 

54 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Trouble is the mods ban everyone who is anti indy from the other political threads.

No offence lads but...
For all of you it’s not about covid. Covid is your excuse to try convince other people how terrible scotland is if we don’t start voting the main parties again. 
Digs and baseless posts followed by a tweet from an obsessed bodybuilder followed by more agenda driven baseless nonsense frankly. I don’t really come in this thread much now and it’s descended even further. 
I’ve been guilty myself of posting drivel in here but it’s laughable now. 
Cmon man :lol: 

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Aren’t we all. We’ve had a very lenient lockdown here tho imo but some would have you believe it’s been a deliberate hatchet job on certain areas of the economy. Listen I love and live for my social life and boozers etc but I’m much calmer about it all now. I feel there’s some light ahead. I’d be at the front of this queue for this vaccine. Give me it and be done with this nonsense. I reckon I’ve taken a lot much worse over the years :lol: 

I’m baffled as to why people are afraid of it. 
I want it over every bit as much as you man with the least damage possible. 

I don't think the Government can afford to vaccinate everyone, tbh. 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No offence lads but...
For all of you it’s not about covid. Covid is your excuse to try convince other people how terrible scotland is if we don’t start voting the main parties again. 
Digs and baseless posts followed by a tweet from an obsessed bodybuilder followed by more agenda driven baseless nonsense frankly. I don’t really come in this thread much now and it’s descended even further. 
I’ve been guilty myself of posting drivel in here but it’s laughable now. 
Cmon man :lol: 

For me it's about the SG's handling of covid and the way Sturgeon is politicising it.

If I lived in England, I wouldn't be happy with spineless bojo either

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't think the Government can afford to vaccinate everyone, tbh. 

They can find the money alright. Make a covid tax, put a couple of pennies on income tax but let’s get out if this. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

For me it's about the SG's handling of covid and the way Sturgeon is politicising it.

Here’s an idea then why not park the political crap for a bit? Does is not tire you out? We’re in weird and stressful times why can’t we just renew pleasantries once we’re out of this? 

They can find the money alright. Make a covid tax, put a couple of pennies on income tax but let’s get out if this. 

Vulnerable and old should get us out of this. 

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Here’s an idea then why not park the political crap for a bit? Does is not tire you out? We’re in weird and stressful times why can’t we just renew pleasantries once we’re out of this? 

Fair enough, but Covid became political a while back. 

I would definitely agree with you that it's stressful, but a lot of it's to do with daft rules and restrictions that don't make sense 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Let's talk Covid then, JD&C! 

However, the fact that - thankfully - the majority of posts on a CV19 thread are about government restrictions rather than catching the virus perhaps indicates where the impact is most acutely felt.

I think it was @tian447 who posted on here the other day about him and his partner self-isolating. Hope they're both doing well. Any update?

Nobody wants to talk covid anymore least of all me mate :lol: I’m mozambique of the whole thing. I want to look to getting my life back next year. 
Reading post after post of people derailing threads all the time to try get their agendas over though...

99% of it utterly baseless. 

:facepalm: 

15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The handling of Covid is very similar all over Europe. What are the specifics of the SG's handling that you disapprove of?

I genuinely can't see how this is being politicised. I can see how it has been personalised for her benefit and i can see how she is seen to be patronising the public at times. There has however been little party politicisation in Scotland though with the opposition generally supporting the SG approach. Can you explain how you think it has been politicised?

You don't like Nicola or Boris so who do you think has handled it well?

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Surprised at you the now man. 

Must’ve killed you to include Labour there. 

I’m just concerned where it will all end . Doesn’t mean to say that these things will happen but we have learnt anything is now possible regarding our civil liberties and interests 

Toxteth O'Grady
38 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No. We live in Edinburgh west luckily enough and he still lives at home.

He finds it impossible to study at home, so goes in to Uni every day.

He gets a room to himself most days

That’s good. At least he doesn’t have to worry about getting home for Xmas 

13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Nobody wants to talk covid anymore least of all me mate :lol: I’m mozambique of the whole thing. I want to look to getting my life back next year. 
Reading post after post of people derailing threads all the time to try get their agendas over though...

99% of it utterly baseless. 

:facepalm: 

But your on the covid thread so why wouldn’t we be talking about covid ?😂

Right, we are looking at vaccinating from January 5th.

At risk groups get the Oxford , staff the ice mRNA special.

Question is, what is the acceptable covid death rate for normality to be fully restored post vaccine program ?

because there will still be some....

and once we are all jagged, can we stop test and trace / masks etc?

I presume we can?

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

But your on the covid thread so why wouldn’t we be talking about covid ?😂

If only people were really on here to talk about covid 🤪🤪😂

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Spineless pricks

Oh for an Andy Burnham type figure fighting for us

And don't get me started on the Underbelly fiascos  :(

Edited by the general

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Let's talk Covid then, JD&C! 

However, the fact that - thankfully - the majority of posts on a CV19 thread are about government restrictions rather than catching the virus perhaps indicates where the impact is most acutely felt.

I think it was @tian447 who posted on here the other day about him and his partner self-isolating. Hope they're both doing well. Any update?

Yup, and it's been shite. She tested positive on the Thursday.  We immediately said that she was going to stay upstairs and I would stay downstairs, as I still wasn't showing symptoms.  I've been sleeping on the couch and wearing a mask when dropping food etc off to her, and thankfully it seems like it's stayed with her and not spread.  She's been not too bad, bit of a fever, not really too much of a cough, but really lacking in energy.  Total lack of taste and smell which has been funny, managed to give her coffee instead of tea and she didn't even notice. (I did when I sat down to enjoy a cup of coffee which turned out to be tea). 

I actually tested negative on Friday, but today I've felt like I was going to die.  The only way to describe it is like the hangover from hell, just unrelenting and awful feeling all day. I've not got any of the classic COVID symptoms, so I'll keep an eye on it and book a retest tomorrow or Thursday if it gets any worse. 

Fingers crossed it's negative if I do get tested.  Being under house arrest for the past 5 days has been absolutely brutal, even worse that we have to stay separate. I don't fancy my chances with it having asthma and chronic allergies to all sorts of things, I think COVID would finish me off :lol:

Edited by tian447

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic