Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Dagger Is Back
6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Good news from SAGE regarding Christmas day everyone.  Apparently some Dame on SAGE is suggesting that we all gather with our allowed bubble for pre-Christmas drinks round our garden fire pits.  :vrwow:

To be honest that’s a great idea. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire and a glass of mulled wine to boot.

Now where did I put my garden?

Just goes to prove that some of them don’t have a clue

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It is indeed, Alim. I'm supposed to be up the hospital next Thursday for prostate cancer. Hoping I don't have it. I actually might cancel, don't really want to know. 

As others have said, please don’t cancel. I hope all will be well but you really are better knowing for sure. The sooner you catch these things the better, and if you don’t go for your test, it will just prey on your mind.

You’re owe it to yourself and those that care about you. 

8 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

To be honest that’s a great idea. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire and a glass of mulled wine to boot.

Now where did I put my garden?

Just goes to prove that some of them don’t have a clue

Was thinking the same. It's lovely idea, if you have a garden and a fire pit.

They're so out of touch with real life it's frightening. These people influence important decisions 😱

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It is indeed, Alim. I'm supposed to be up the hospital next Thursday for prostate cancer. Hoping I don't have it. I actually might cancel, don't really want to know. 

Having gone through prostate cancer myself, yes you do, ri. They are very good at treating it these days and there are various techniques that can be used to remove it. And you might not even have it - many people have enlarged prostates which aren't caused by cancer.

Definitely don't cancel, i just had the same tests, just came back that had a enlarged prostate which happens to us all with age, always best to get it checked. They can also do a simple blood test for prostate specific antigen.

good luck.

Ffs good luck, scary stuff. Don't cancel though, ignorance isn't the answer, you know that

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Don’t be silly ! Go to the appointment ! The important word you said is “ might” early treatment of any cancer is virtually a life saver . As an aside it’s incredible how many people are frightened to go to docs or hospital regarding possible cancer symptoms . The stats state a lot don’t want to go . So please get seen 

16 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Yes obviously because as a government supporter apparently she'll be smirking at the death and despair caused by Covid and exacerbated by the SG. 

On the briefings - journalists are given supplementary questions but often they ask several questions at once with responses from more than one person. If they are cut short they can ask again the following day. They are frequently invited to submit written questions if they want more detailed answers or answers to specific cases. 

Maybe the real issue is the quality of journalists who in many cases can't construct a coherent sentence to ask a question with or ask exactly the same question that has just been asked by the previous questioner. More often than not their questions are asked around incorrect information or false premises and are frequently constructed to try and lure the FM into making a party political comment. They always fail to elicit the reply they are looking for because many of them are not honest brokers. If you think Kelly Anne something (Woodland) is glaikit you should have a closer look at these guys. They never smile, mostly they have a look of complete bewilderment.

Good points . Yes feck knows what education establishment those supposed journalists have came from ! Although the questions may be pertinent their lack of follow up etc isn’t . Yes watch stv news again and observe that Kelly Anne ! She’s definitely glaikit 

14 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

It is astounding news. 

Stop looking for an argument in everything. 

The consultant I met yesterday would consider this good news too but also noted that her clinic usually have upwards to 150 patients a day and now due to covid only see a measly 30 . 

4 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

There have been zero deaths of anyone under 20, only one death 20-24. There have been some hospital admissions. 

That is why parents are sending their kids to school. 

Hi I agree that parents should send kids to school , the risk is negligible . However there have been around 4/5 kids who have died of covid in the U.K. but ALL had u delaying health conditions 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Hi I agree that parents should send kids to school , the risk is negligible . However there have been around 4/5 kids who have died of covid in the U.K. but ALL had u delaying health conditions 

I don't know the probabilities and scientific details, but just as a balancing opinion, it needs to be pointed out that the risk to the health of the children themselves may be low, but the risk of transmission within schools (and then on to teachers and parents) probably isn't. It all has to be taken into account.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

I don't know the probabilities and scientific details, but just as a balancing opinion, it needs to be pointed out that the risk to the health of the children themselves may be low, but the risk of transmission within schools (and then on to teachers and parents) probably isn't. It all has to be taken into account.

Yes that’s true 👍

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

Sorry, I was looking at the Scotland data when I posted that, none in Scotland, 5 I think in the UK total, but that is 1-14 age group. I'm very confident in saying that none will have caught Covid at school and then gone on to die.  As tragic as those deaths are they will have been kids who had specific care needs and that is how they contracted it.

Exactly . They would have been vulnerable to any infections / illnesses 

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

Sorry, I was looking at the Scotland data when I posted that, none in Scotland, 5 I think in the UK total, but that is 1-14 age group. I'm very confident in saying that none will have caught Covid at school and then gone on to die.  As tragic as those deaths are they will have been kids who had specific care needs and that is how they contracted it.

Travelling Tabby has 2 in UK under 2, and 5 between 2-14.

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

That wasn't Dorothy's point though. Teachers may well have concerns about safety, especially in Secondary Schools, but the risk to children is not a factor.  Evidence also suggests young children are not big spreaders in the home either.

My post was purely in response to James' stand-alone point about risk - I haven't read the rest of the debate, sorry.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Definitely don't cancel, i just had the same tests, just came back that had a enlarged prostate which happens to us all with age, always best to get it checked. They can also do a simple blood test for prostate specific antigen.

good luck.

👍

My mum's partner of 20 years unfortunately had a stroke last night and is in St John's hospital, obviously my mum is distraught and is unable to even visit him.

Officially I can't go and see her just now as West Lothian is tier 4 and I'm in tier 2, however I can go and see her in a month's time to celebrate the birth of the baby jebus. Well feck the lot of them, my mum needs me right now and I'll not let her down. 

Scottish numbers: 28 November 2020

Summary

• 788 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-181]
  • 44 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+7]
  • 77 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-3]
  • 1,077 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-22]
  • 21,494 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 4.4% of these were positive [-5,433; +0.1%]

Per-board per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 14 [-4].

Lanarkshire 25 [-5], Greater Glasgow 19 [-8], Ayrshire 16 [-1], Fife 16 [=], Forth Valley 15 [+1], Lothian 13 [=].

All others: less than 10.

Nucky Thompson
32 minutes ago, graygo said:

My mum's partner of 20 years unfortunately had a stroke last night and is in St John's hospital, obviously my mum is distraught and is unable to even visit him.

Officially I can't go and see her just now as West Lothian is tier 4 and I'm in tier 2, however I can go and see her in a month's time to celebrate the birth of the baby jebus. Well feck the lot of them, my mum needs me right now and I'll not let her down. 

I'm sure you're allowed in certain circumstances and that's essential.

I hope he's ok and also your mum

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 28 November 2020

Summary

• 788 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-181]
  • 44 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+7]
  • 77 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-3]
  • 1,077 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-22]
  • 21,494 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 4.4% of these were positive [-5,433; +0.1%]

It looks like we might be over the peak of the 2nd wave 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, graygo said:

There's no doubt that you should be with your Mum. Hope she's OK and that her partner makes a full and speedy recovery

44 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The pandemic is over, why can't we leave home?

I predict no easing of tiers lockdown until March . Incredible to think we are all just accepting it 

Btw what happened to the roll out of the vaccine at beginning of December ? I’m Scotland ? Never heard anything more about it 

Just now, jonesy said:

Give most folk Netflix, a mobile phone and Tesco being open and they'd quite happily gorge themselves on shite until they die on their sofa halfway through an episode of Friends they saw twenty years previously.

Sadly very true . No spirit left in people to demonstrate etc. To be fair it’s been knocked out of us gradually 

Thanks everybody. Actually quite touched. 😢

I'll be going and hopefully one way or another it'll be off my mind

Again thank you. 

48 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Btw what happened to the roll out of the vaccine at beginning of December ? I’m Scotland ? Never heard anything more about it 

Latest 7-day case stats:

Council Area Tier 7-day per-100,000 cases
    Today Yesterday     Start of Tier 4’s  
Renfrewshire 4 223 224 -1   260 -37
South Lanarkshire 4 198 213 -15   233 -35
North Lanarkshire 4 194 202 -8   235 -41
Glasgow City 4 189 190 -1   235 -46
East Renfrewshire 4 172 170 +2   195 -23
Stirling 4 140 141 -1   210 -70
West Lothian 4 139 140 -1   193 -54
East Dunbartonshire 4 135 133 +2   161 -26
East Ayrshire 4 132 138 -6   152 -20
North Ayrshire 3 131 128 +3   124 +7
Clackmannanshire 3 130 115 +15   165 -35
South Ayrshire 4 123 122 +1   153 -30
Dundee City 3 109 109 0   102 +7
Inverclyde 3 107 112 -5   99 +8
West Dunbartonshire 4 106 108 -2   142 -36
Fife 3 104 102 +2   116 -12
Aberdeen City 2 90 91 -1   51 +39
Aberdeenshire 2 90 83 +7   64 +26
Perth and Kinross 3 90 95 -5   116 -26
Edinburgh City 3 82 87 -5   84 -2
Midlothian 3 82 88 -6   101 -19
Angus 3 77 78 -1   88 -11
East Lothian 2 65 57 +8   48 +17
Argyll and Bute 2 61 54 +7   31 +30
Falkirk 3 54 58 -4   85 -31
Scottish Borders 2 40 45 -5   74 -34
Dumfries and Galloway 2 25 30 -5   34 -9
Highland 1 17 15 +2   19 -2
Shetland Islands 1 17 17 0   13 +4
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 11 11 0   0 +11
Moray 1 8 10 -2   25 -17
Orkney Islands 1 4 4 0   4 0

9 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

There have been zero deaths of anyone under 20, only one death 20-24. There have been some hospital admissions. 

I realize this might be a point of misunderstanding, I'm in the US where children have died and things are much less controlled.

9 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

Oh really?    Only some hospital admission?  Of seriously ill kids/  And thats only so far

5 hours ago, redjambo said:

Thank you for pointing this out. Parents, grandparents, family in general all have more exposure points with children going to school.

5 hours ago, redjambo said:

Redjambo gets it.

And it seriously gets on my wick the number of self absorbed, totally selfish people on this thread who won't follow rules because it impacts on their cosy little lives, and who don't give a damn about the number of people they'll ultimately kill through onward transmission.

So have fun not wearing masks, travelling to find a pub open, or insisting schools stay open because you cant be assed looking after your brats, I hope you'll find a conscience one day because even one death in Scotland as a result of your irresponsible actions is too much

Edited by Captain Slog
Spelling

CavySlaveJambo

Midlothian numbers doing really nicely now that the original spike is off the numbers. 

Now just to keep them there.  

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Quietly confident.

Fingers crossed.  The big hurdle will be in the next few weeks when all the students get tested, then the first weeks in January when we see the outcome of onward transmission after all the Festive get togethers

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Captain Slog said:

Redjambo gets it.

And it seriously gets on my wick the number of self absorbed, totally selfish people on this thread who won't follow rules because it impacts on their cosy little lives, and who don't give a damn about the number of people they'll ultimately kill through onward transmission.

So have fun not wearing masks, travelling to find a pub open, or insisting schools stay open because you cant be assed looking after your brats, I hope you'll find a conscience one day because even one death in Scotland as a result of your irresponsible actions is too much

Did you come out from behind your couch to post that self righteous drivel 

Carl Fredrickson
11 hours ago, kila said:

Good idea, hopefully Scotland is doing something similar. 

I cant see a reply to this but SG are sending out free Vit D tablets. My mum got hers this week.

willie wallace
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Thanks everybody. Actually quite touched. 😢

I'll be going and hopefully one way or another it'll be off my mind

Again thank you. 

All the best mate.

I am of the age now that it is something that is on my mind too often.

Get the blood test yearly which helps.

8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Good points . Yes feck knows what education establishment those supposed journalists have came from ! Although the questions may be pertinent their lack of follow up etc isn’t . Yes watch stv news again and observe that Kelly Anne ! She’s definitely glaikit 

Everybody's got an agenda but i honestly think we'd get better questioning from some of the Tory boys on here. i like the notion of keeping the nation informed and explaining the reasoning behind the decision making but it's as if these so called journalists have been selected because they don't have the ability see the bigger picture. I'll watch Kelly Anne now though.

AlphonseCapone
5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

You've not seen all the news about vaccines over the last two weeks? They obviously can't say more about rolling it out until one of them gets approved. 

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

image.jpeg.f2eba5f929d6632ff1a0a118a9e6e2e1.jpeg

Discussion no good without pics. 

An absolutely horrendous presenter. The way she says Edinburrrraaaa seriously rustles ma jimmys...

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

An absolutely horrendous presenter. The way she says Edinburrrraaaa seriously rustles ma jimmys...

Exactly .

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Nadhim Zahawi in charge of the vaccine roll-out in England.

:vrface:

If its alphabetical,he is ****** 🙂

Though tbf,no worse than the idiots up here.

Mac_fae_Gillie
10 hours ago, cheetah said:

good luck.

Blood test is pretty unreliable, if you start getting any issues with the prostate over 50 would suggest just getting it removed..I'm no Doc but straining to pee ain't fun if in a pub.

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Nadhim Zahawi in charge of the vaccine roll-out in England.

:vrface:

Never heard of him. I take it that it's a bad appointment?

6 hours ago, jonesy said:

Give most folk Netflix, a mobile phone and Tesco being open and they'd quite happily gorge themselves on shite until they die on their sofa halfway through an episode of Friends they saw twenty years previously.

Exactly, this year will be remembered for large swathes of the population being brainwashed into acquiescence to a govt/media campaign to behave in a certain way. All for "protecting the NHS" and "saving lives", admirable causes but unfortunately outwith the control of all of us. In Scotland back in 1989/90, we had a flu outbreak that killed more people than the peak of Covid in April. The worst week being in the run up to Christmas Eve. I don't even remember it. In all areas of England right now, critical care bed occupancy rates are below the 5 year average, the oft quoted Rrrr number is less than 1, yet Michael Gove is telling us why we should be locking down, wrecking the economy and destroying the well-being of the nation. Seriously, wtf is going on? Why are people meekly accepting these diktats??

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic