• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Riddley Walker
39 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Special beliefs...the head of the World Economic Forum has written a book called 'the great reset' has huge influence amongst world governments and is actively pushing forward with said agenda...but that's my special beliefs. Continue to stick your head in the sand you spineless gimp..i'm looking forward to your and a few others real meltdowns when the realisation dawns on you that this is your new normal...and if you value any kind of freedom or privacy at all..which it appears quite a few don't on here..then your not going to enjoy this new reality at all.

https://greatreset.com/

Some of your family tree may have fought for your freedoms and it appears a sizeable amount of the population are prepared to give them up without barley a whimper..what has happened to the men of this world when my 80yr old physically impaired mum displays more spine and integrity than most of you masked gimps.

Awww, wee crazy man is getting all angry. 

You have the integrity of a ****ing sponge, by the way. And your ma is probably embarrassed by you.

Any more YouTube videos from your fellow illiterates for us? The ones you've posted so far are a great laugh.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

There does appear a general trend for numbers going down over time in higher tiers and going up over time in lower tiers, does this suggest they are working?

Does it suggest that a ban on households mixing alone is not enough?

Think it suggests that short of a total shutdown, governments and scientists don't have a clue how to stop virus. No idea where virus spreads, how long it is active for and why some get it and others don't. 

They are guessing and using real people as pawns in their experiments. 

32 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I don't think you've met that many of them

I've met a few, I'm just not blinded by my hatred of things that don't agree with my point of view. Not all nationalists hate everything to do with England or the union and I'm sure not all unionists are Union flag waving, bulldog owning skinheads.

3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

There does appear a general trend for numbers going down over time in higher tiers and going up over time in lower tiers, does this suggest they are working?

Does it suggest that a ban on households mixing alone is not enough?

Personally, I'd give it another week or so since the Tier 4's have only been in existence for a week. However, I have to say that the Tier 4's are showing good stats. The others are a mixed bag - you can ignore those at the bottom due to their small populations and therefore the amount of variability if there are only a small number of cases. Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire are mostly due to a specific outbreak. Clackmannanshire has recovered very well, despite only being in Tier 3. In saying that, South and North Ayrshire would, at this early date, appear to back up the effects of the tiers, but there are so many other factors involved.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I'd have thought so, UK funded furlough payments seemed to be pretty in demand.

Partly funded by UK taxes  and the loans taken out by UK gov on our behalf that we'll have to pay back via those same taxes...ken the ones we all pay?

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

25 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Personally, I'd give it another week or so since the Tier 4's have only been in existence for a week. However, I have to say that the Tier 4's are showing good stats. The others are a mixed bag - you can ignore those at the bottom due to their small populations and therefore the amount of variability if there are only a small number of cases. Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire are mostly due to a specific outbreak. Clackmannanshire has recovered very well, despite only being in Tier 3. In saying that, South and North Ayrshire would, at this early date, appear to back up the effects of the tiers, but there are so many other factors involved.

26 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Red you need to be on the Daily Briefing. You talk more sense

46 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Think it suggests that short of a total shutdown, governments and scientists don't have a clue how to stop virus. No idea where virus spreads, how long it is active for and why some get it and others don't. 

They are guessing and using real people as pawns in their experiments. 

Clearly shows the opposite of this. 

Scientists do know about science and how the virus spreads. They also have a good idea of where it spreads and how long it is active for.

Government is implementing scientific advice.

Tiered system is working and reducing infection rates.

The fact that we are in a near equilibrium state shows that government policy is well informed and is balancing the need to protect people and allow the economy to operate as normally as possible. In many other countries this equilibrium would be much less damaging but in the UK as elsewhere we are constrained by the resources and attitudes at our disposal. 

26 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Red you need to be on the Daily Briefing. You talk more sense

Ha, no. My problem is that I'm always saying "but, on the other hand...". :)

I watched some of the daily briefing today for the first time in a long while - although the message was a good one, there was too much deflection from the nitty gritty. For example, the possibility of children going back to school later in the New Year wasn't explained (in the bit that I saw, anyway). It was only afterwards when a virologist from Leeds was being interviewed, he explained about it being far better for those who are going to mix together for the festive period to effectively isolate as well as they can for at least a week before and then a week after, and that getting the kids back to school later would fit in with this policy. That makes sense. Explain it like that to folk and they might get it.

Another journalist asked the question about whether single parents could get some sort of financial support if their child had to isolate, using a specific single mother as an example, and was fobbed off with an "ask the parent in question to get in touch with us" type of response. That irked me. It didn't answer the question. I would be useless at the Daily Briefing because I would probably be entirely frank and honest, and would admit that I didn't have a clue if that were so In this case, I would have probably said "that's an extremely good point, single parents should have financial support in these cases. I'll make sure that the Government will look seriously into making it so" and would probably get the sack straight away for putting the government on the spot if the bean counters realised they couldn't support its implementation.

In other words, I think I'll stick to my daily colourful chart. ;)

Konrad von Carstein
6 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Funny as a six inch nail through the scrotum.🥴

Man, that  explains a lot about your posting style, when did you pay to have a nail pushed through your wee bawbag?

:lol:

11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ha, no. My problem is that I'm always saying "but, on the other hand...". :)

I watched some of the daily briefing today for the first time in a long while - although the message was a good one, there was too much deflection from the nitty gritty. For example, the possibility of children going back to school later in the New Year wasn't explained (in the bit that I saw, anyway). It was only afterwards when a virologist from Leeds was being interviewed, he explained about it being far better for those who are going to mix together for the festive period to effectively isolate as well as they can for at least a week before and then a week after, and that getting the kids back to school later would fit in with this policy. That makes sense. Explain it like that to folk and they might get it.

Another journalist asked the question about whether single parents could get some sort of financial support if their child had to isolate, using a specific single mother as an example, and was fobbed off with an "ask the parent in question to get in touch with us" type of response. That irked me. It didn't answer the question. I would be useless at the Daily Briefing because I would probably be entirely frank and honest, and would admit that I didn't have a clue if that were so In this case, I would have probably said "that's an extremely good point, single parents should have financial support in these cases. I'll make sure that the Government will look seriously into making it so" and would probably get the sack straight away for putting the government on the spot if the bean counters realised they couldn't support its implementation.

In other words, I think I'll stick to my daily colourful chart. ;)

😀 Yeah you probably be too honest in your replies.  As i have said before there never seems to be any in depth questions about the why this or that region is changing tiers or the " journalists" are given almost flippant responses, exactly illustrated in your example about single parents. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

They don’t get a follow up questions either which means they can answer the questions however they like and there is no comeback. 

Yea i noticed that too so whats the bloody point of them asking a question really.  On another issue just watching STV news and that " news" channel seems to be the mouthpiece of the SG.  The glaikit presenter Kelly Anne something smirks and smiles a lot when " reporting " issues regarding Covid etc.  Total idiot. 

CavySlaveJambo

I’ve been spending time trying to get the Govt to see that there are issues with the tier system published and out there in black and white and then adding in additional criteria when needed.   

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Did anyone watch the doc about the spanish flu pandemic on bbc2 last night? Very interesting how a century going by and things all playing out in such a similar fashion. 

I'm going to watch it on catch-up, however seen programmes before on the 1918 flu and various plague outbreaks through the centuries, and many of the measures brought in 500 years ago were used in 1918 and then again today in 2020, and like today there were people back then who moaned about state control and their rights being infringed, so all in all centuries might pass, but in the end the same basic human emotions and fears remain pretty much the same, as do the measures of how to control an infectious disease pandemic.

23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yea i noticed that too so whats the bloody point of them asking a question really.  On another issue just watching STV news and that " news" channel seems to be the mouthpiece of the SG.  The glaikit presenter Kelly Anne something smirks and smiles a lot when " reporting " issues regarding Covid etc.  Total idiot. 

Yes obviously because as a government supporter apparently she'll be smirking at the death and despair caused by Covid and exacerbated by the SG. 

On the briefings - journalists are given supplementary questions but often they ask several questions at once with responses from more than one person. If they are cut short they can ask again the following day. They are frequently invited to submit written questions if they want more detailed answers or answers to specific cases. 

Maybe the real issue is the quality of journalists who in many cases can't construct a coherent sentence to ask a question with or ask exactly the same question that has just been asked by the previous questioner. More often than not their questions are asked around incorrect information or false premises and are frequently constructed to try and lure the FM into making a party political comment. They always fail to elicit the reply they are looking for because many of them are not honest brokers. If you think Kelly Anne something (Woodland) is glaikit you should have a closer look at these guys. They never smile, mostly they have a look of complete bewilderment.

On Channel 4 News just now.

"Vaccine. What do you think of it?"

"I'm against vaccines".

"Why?".

"Because I have a child and she's never been ill of anything and hasn't had any vaccines".

Such a pity that the reporter didn't suggest that the child's avoidance of illness is very likely to have been greatly aided by very,  very low levels of pathogens circulating around,  due to... oh aye... vaccines.

Promising broad spectrum cancer early diagnostic blood test being trialled.  Astounding news in this time of nothing being done apart from covid.  Rogue scientists for the high jump?

7 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I came across this today and thought it was great at explaining not only the differences between the vaccine candidates but also how each vaccine actually works in the body. 

Well worth the time to watch imo. 

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Partly funded by UK taxes  and the loans taken out by UK gov on our behalf that we'll have to pay back via those same taxes...ken the ones we all pay?

Huh?

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Promising broad spectrum cancer early diagnostic blood test being trialled.  Astounding news in this time of nothing being done apart from covid.  Rogue scientists for the high jump?

It is astounding news. 

Stop looking for an argument in everything. 

12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

It is astounding news. 

Brilliant thing.  Just messing about though.

1 hour ago, Australis said:

News today saying there will have to be another lockdown in January.

It just seems never ending?

The price of Xmas  ?

12 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Rediculas if true the kids have already missed way too much this year. The attidute of teachers stinks you would think they are the only group to have gone to work this year.

:interehjrling:

13 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Rediculas if true the kids have already missed way too much this year. The attidute of teachers stinks you would think they are the only group to have gone to work this year.

As a teacher, what I find more ridiculous is that people are more than happy to send their precious offspring to a place where they're going to come into contact with their friends, their friend's friends, and so forth with absolute disregard for social distancing norms, because they're kids. There are 1200 of them and 75 of us, we can't monitor every child and they can and will catch Covid given enough time. Kids have and will continue to die from this pandemic. Sure, maybe in smaller amounts, but look at the death of one child in a school and look their parents in the eyes and say that you think the school should be open because the other kids have missed too much school.

Edited by Dorothy

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 hours ago, Australis said:

There will be another Lockdown before New year, there will be no Hogmanay if Sturgeon and Boris have their way, we will be lucky if we're allowed to stay up for the bells at this rate 

6 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

It is astounding news. 

It is indeed, Alim. I'm supposed to be up the hospital next Thursday for prostate cancer. Hoping I don't have it. I actually might cancel, don't really want to know. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

It is indeed, Alim. I'm supposed to be up the hospital next Thursday for prostate cancer. Hoping I don't have it. I actually might cancel, don't really want to know. 

Sorry to hear this bud, hopefully you are okay, take care.

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, Ma Roon said:

There will be another Lockdown before New year, there will be no Hogmanay if Sturgeon and Boris have their way, we will be lucky if we're allowed to stay up for the bells at this rate 

Nicola and Boris.

:P

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, Australis said:

Interesting thing I heard from my niece yesterday. She has a friend who works in the police and since England went into proper lockdown we’ve had swathes of English people coming up here to do their Christmas shopping, and probably bringing covid with them I’d imagine in some cases. Harvey Nichols a particular favourite with the Londoners apparently. 
Should we have closed the border? How much would certain posters have literally melted down had the SG imposed or even suggested imposing such measures? Is this why possibly Edinburgh has been kept in a higher tier? To stop people coming up for a pish up AND their Christmas shopping? 

Edited by jack D and coke

SectionDJambo
21 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Interesting thing I heard from my niece yesterday. She has a friend who works in the police and since England went into proper lockdown we’ve had swathes of English people coming up here to do their Christmas shopping, and probably bringing covid with them I’d imagine in some cases. Harvey Nichols a particular favourite with the Londoners apparently. 
Should we have closed the border? How much would certain posters have literally melted down had the SG imposed or even suggested imposing such measures? Is this why possibly Edinburgh has been kept in a higher tier? To stop people coming up for a pish up AND their Christmas shopping? 

It’s probably more likely to be to discourage the thought from people, to the west of Edinburgh, of going into Edinburgh for that piss up and shopping.

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There is enough seethe on this thread and imagine if the SG did try to stop them coming over the border.

Brighton Jambo
7 hours ago, Dorothy said:

As a teacher, what I find more ridiculous is that people are more than happy to send their precious offspring to a place where they're going to come into contact with their friends, their friend's friends, and so forth with absolute disregard for social distancing norms, because they're kids. There are 1200 of them and 75 of us, we can't monitor every child and they can and will catch Covid given enough time. Kids have and will continue to die from this pandemic. Sure, maybe in smaller amounts, but look at the death of one child in a school and look their parents in the eyes and say that you think the school should be open because the other kids have missed too much school.

I find this post properly offensive.  I can only assume you have no kids of your own. I have two children aged 4 and 6 and protecting them is my absolute priority.   I can barely find the words to describe how far I would go to keep them safe.   And yet I have looked at all the data and all the information and there is almost literally zero risk from COVID (especially given they fortunately don’t have any underlying conditions).  

However what I do know is that them both being stuck at home for months with no social interaction was really starting to negatively impact their well-being and the difference since they have been back at nursery and school is stark.  

I struggle to understand how a teacher cannot see this and frankly I think it’s wrong that you don’t.  If the reality is you are concerned about your own well being and think schools should be closed then I can understand that (though don’t agree as your priority should be the kids) but to hide that behind the message of schools should be closed or children will die is disgusting.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Riddley Walker
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Don't you dare cancel mate. Could regret it the rest of your life. All the best.

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Don’t cancel.

All the best.

Brighton Jambo
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Really sorry to hear that.  Please don’t cancel, as difficult as it may be but knowing  you have a problem (and fingers crossed you don’t) means you can get it treated.  

jack D and coke

Wtf man?? Dont be cancelling. 
Hopefully be ok man. Take it easy x

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Cannae dae anything without getting pished!

Christmas, New Year, Burns supper, Valentines day, Easter and on and on and on...

Her & I, meal, bottle wine couple of pints and I'm content.

The unsteady crew & I, it's like tomorrow is the end of the world, lets av'e it.

Typical pished conversation: I've had enough, no you've no, it's still early, get that down yi and shut yer pus, but I've just insulted you for the last three hours, who gives a feck, yi dinnae ken what your saying man, your pished and your ma mate, c'mon it's your round...blah blah blah.

There's something wrong with us.

Sorry of topic...:peace:

Edited by OBE

Take care of yourself mate.

The earlier these things get caught the better the outcome.

Seymour M Hersh

Good news from SAGE regarding Christmas day everyone.  Apparently some Dame on SAGE is suggesting that we all gather with our allowed bubble for pre-Christmas drinks round our garden fire pits.  :vrwow:

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Shit man. Don’t cancel you are best knowing and getting treatment as early as possible. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing. 

All the best. 

2 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

There have been zero deaths of anyone under 20, only one death 20-24. There have been some hospital admissions. 

That is why parents are sending their kids to school. 

This. 

And ultimately parents don’t have much of a choice unless they fancy having social workers turning up at their door. 

Dorothy should maybe change her name to Karen. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic