Budge update on Sporting Director role

Juanjo

Just now, MacPhee said:

I agree he needs to leave Tynecastle i do, but i do understand we probably want funds to spend in January and if we get rid of CL,AM,JD,LF right now then we probably do not have any funds to let Stendel upgrade the team,

Stendel is obviously comfortable with the set up or he wouldnt have joined the club  

I think that last part is fair comment. I hope it's just a question of timing as other posters have suggested and that our future beyond next summer doesn't feature any of those who have failed us so spectacularly over the past 3 or more years.

While it's valid to say that none of this will matter if Stendel gets off to a winning start, the opposite is undoubtedly also true. I would also say that it must be harder to refocus the players on a fresh start when all the same personnel are still around in one guise or another. 

As ever the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Roll on Saturday!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

With what he has been instructed to do for the remaining months of his contract, what you have described above is effectively what is happening. No influence at the club apart from some management of the youth set up.

I really don’t see what the problem is?

I’ve said what I think the problem is in my last post.

I think he still has a big influence over Budge. If it hadn’t been for huge fan pressure I think she would not have acted by putting together a “sacking” arrangement with him. He is still her ‘go to guy’ as his involvement with the Stendel appointment showed, together with her confirmation that she would not hesitate in asking advice from Levein.

It looks like Levein will be at Tynecastle as long as Budge is.

6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Indeed.

Revenge!!! Revenge!!! Give us Revenge...…..!

Nobody wants revenge. Nobody wants the same 4 people who have presided over an absolute shitshow for three years all still at the club.

Anybody who is happy they’re all still here is a frother and thrasher.

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody wants revenge. Nobody wants the same 4 people who have presided over an absolute shitshow for three years all still at the club.

Anybody who is happy they’re all still here is a frothier and thrasher.

BOOM!

40 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

For those saying it’s just “odd jobs” or work with the youth teams, do you realise how bizarre that is?

Imagine the MD of a company doing an absolutely hideous job for a number of years, presiding over multiple failures. MD is sacked, but then hangs about doing coffee runs and menial admin work. 

What effect does that have on the work environment? The guy who until a month ago was reported into by all football employees is still in the building when it’s clear we need a complete change of direction. 

If we need to keep Fox on Daly onboard for the time being so we have some bodies to put cones out, etc. Fine. Levein having any “Sporting Director” duties, even in the short term, is ridiculous. 

All this is true and you’ll find a lot of the ones on here who don’t see a problem with Levein given  the job of co-sporting Director are in fact the ones who are Levein lovers who would keep him at the club at any cost. Ann’s golden boy is a club legend they always go on about and really you have to think would they still want to keep him employed if we were relegated and playing a form of football that is commonly called A SHAMBLES. 

Edited by mitch41

Bungalow Bill

What value/price would people put on Macphee’s relationship with Man City. I don’t get the venom towards Macphee, he’s tried his best to be interim manager, he hasn’t purposely failed. We also don’t know the full scale of his involvement with Levein. 

If he is key to the relationship with Man City then we should be utilising him. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Anybody who is happy they’re all still here is a frother and thrasher.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

BOOM!

Imo nobody will be happy they are still here but posters like myself can understand why they are. 

FYI i want all four of them as far away from the club as possible, but i am excited by Stendel being here and not going to let those four ruin my happiness, Stern and tonge will be in soon enough as well, 

But i am a glass half full kind of guy 

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

Imo nobody will be happy they are still here but posters like myself can understand why they are. 

FYI i want all four of them as far away from the club as possible, but i am excited by Stendel being here and not going to let those four ruin my happiness, Stern and tonge will be in soon enough as well, 

👍 seems fair enough to me bud

no problem with that Mac! 👍

10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

She just can't let go.  This has taken the gloss off Stendel's appointment for me.  If we get good performances and results over the next few weeks, I worry that she will make them joint SDs on a permanent basis.

For me, that means rewarding the very people who got us into this mess.

Yup. The old "team" had their chance and couldn't produce the goods. I think that Ann has misjudged the depth of feeling against Craig (as regards his coaching/management and sports director activities, not the man himself) and also Austin (ditto) for where they have jointly delivered the club. In a perfect world for me, Craig would be retiring from all football-related activities here, or moving somewhere else to continue them, and Austin would be moving to another club and trying his hand at managing.

Nelly Terraces
13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Indeed.

Revenge!!! Revenge!!! Give us Revenge...…..!

Obviously an immediate sugarush from all that fudge leading to aforementioned thrashing of the old QWERTY.  

Adam_the_legend
11 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

What if she has promised Daniel money to spend in January and letting go CL, AM and any of the useless coaches influences how much he has to spend? 

Why would it. Put them on gardening leave. The money is being spent regardless so why would it make any difference to budget. Could actually save money if the bootroom found new roles we’d not be liable to pay them through to the summer. 

Meet the "new" team, folks... :unsure2:

Daniel Stendel – Manager

Jon Daly – First Team Coach

Liam Fox – First Team Coach

Paul Gallacher – Goalkeeper Coach

Andy Kirk – Reserve Team Manager

John Rankin – Reserve/Youth Team Coach

Donald Park – Youth Team Coach

Austin McPhee – Sporting Director for Recruitment, Stats, Analysis

Craig Levein - Sporting Director for Academy Tours, Youth, A Bit More Than That

Did I miss anybody?

Seems as though many of you are ignoring the real reason why CL has been retained in a "background" role, all be it until the end of the season. Whatever you may think of CL, he deserves a lot of credit for resurrecting and reconstructing the Academy, and creating a blueprint for the future. The young players you all see associated with the first team squad, have all come through the "system" as created within this blueprint. So too were the appointments of Andy Kirk and John Rankin. Their success as Reserve and under age teams coaches are there for all to see. The "production line" is now in a very healthy position. There remains only a few minor elements to satisfy the completion of this project. This is the remit for CL until the end of the season. 

Are some of you so blinded by your contempt of CL, that you are unable to look at the long term benefits of finalising this vital area for the future health and security of HMFC

Some of you need to be careful as you setting yourselves up for a heart attack. 

3 hours ago, Homme said:

Stendel identifies who he wants in January and McPhee goes out and gets them. 

What's the issue?

Austin has done well in the recruiting role in the past. 

It isn't going to be CL or McPhees players we bring in. DS will be well aware of what he signed up to. 

Stop gap till the end of the season and any lump sum saved from not paying these two off just now may just help DS get the players he wants next month. 

Anyway, the real work begins in the summer and CL, if not both of them won't be around then. 

Let’s wait and see on that one

7 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

What value/price would people put on Macphee’s relationship with Man City. I don’t get the venom towards Macphee, he’s tried his best to be interim manager, he hasn’t purposely failed. We also don’t know the full scale of his involvement with Levein. 

For me it’s not a case of Levein or McPhee it’s the fact that despite everything we’ve had to put up with over three season, it has been judged that every one of the managers and coaches responsible all have something to offer and shouldn’t be emptied. 

it just doesn’t ring true at all. 

Ann Budge united everyone by sacking Levein and now appointing a new manager, ok after a few days we found out that Levein was been paid but doing jobs behind the scenes and would having nothing to do with the first team. Now we find out he’s going to be given the co-sporting Director role and many of are asking what little surprise has Ann Budge got up her sleeve regarding Levein in the future. 
Well done Ann you really know how to unite a club...............NOT !

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Why would it. Put them on gardening leave. The money is being spent regardless so why would it make any difference to budget. Could actually save money if the bootroom found new roles we’d not be liable to pay them through to the summer. 

It’s all about available cash flow in January.

Makes no difference if we pay them whilst at Tynecastle or out the door on gardening leave.

3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

We are maybe not in the position to release such a lump sum at the minute, 

1 minute ago, TWF said:

Seems as though many of you are ignoring the real reason why CL has been retained in a "background" role, all be it until the end of the season. Whatever you may think of CL, he deserves a lot of credit for resurrecting and reconstructing the Academy, and creating a blueprint for the future. The young players you all see associated with the first team squad, have all come through the "system" as created within this blueprint. So too were the appointments of Andy Kirk and John Rankin. Their success as Reserve and under age teams coaches are there for all to see. The "production line" is now in a very healthy position. There remains only a few minor elements to satisfy the completion of this project. This is the remit for CL until the end of the season. 

Are some of you so blinded by your contempt of CL, that you are unable to look at the long term benefits of finalising this vital area for the future health and security of HMFC

Largely guesswork there, TWF.

My guess is CL will be our new Sporting Director next season.

3 minutes ago, TWF said:

What exactly are the “few minor elements”?

Just now, GinRummy said:

Largely guesswork there, TWF.

My guess is CL will be our new Sporting Director next season.

Facts are facts you are the one who is "guessing"

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Ann Budge united everyone by sacking Levein and now appointing a new manager, ok after a few days we found out that Levein was been paid but doing jobs behind the scenes and would having nothing to do with the first team. Now we find out he’s going to be given the co-sporting Director role and many of are asking what little surprise has Ann Budge got up her sleeve regarding Levein in the future. 
Well done Ann you really know how to unite a club...............NOT !

She can't run a club and cater for morons on Kickback at the same time, it's just not possible.

4 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Meet the "new" team, folks... :unsure2:

Daniel Stendel – Manager

Jon Daly – First Team Coach

Liam Fox – First Team Coach

Paul Gallacher – Goalkeeper Coach

Andy Kirk – Reserve Team Manager

John Rankin – Reserve/Youth Team Coach

Donald Park – Youth Team Coach

Austin McPhee – Sporting Director for Recruitment, Stats, Analysis

Craig Levein - Sporting Director for Academy Tours, Youth, A Bit More Than That

Did I miss anybody?

Many many fans will feel betrayed and find out that if our new manager wants to bring in his 2 assistants he’ll be fought at every idea he comes out with. He hasn’t got a chance in the long run.

You do not have to release a large lump sum if we put them out on “gardening leave” - you continue to pay them monthly.

1 minute ago, Faron90 said:

It's a joke that Craig is still anywhere near tynecastle . Anyone who disagrees with that needs to have a word with themselves 

FFS get a grip and get behind the new manager, it's what you wanted.

1 minute ago, TWF said:

Facts are facts you are the one who is "guessing"

So we’re you. You were guessing why CL has chosen to remain as co Sporting Director. I’m guessing it’s because the position will be made permanent.

2 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

She can't run a club and cater for morons on Kickback at the same time, it's just not possible.

I love you to.

Adam_the_legend
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I think that Ann has misjudged the depth of feeling against Craig (as regards his coaching/management and sports director activities, not the man himself) and also Austin (ditto) for where they have jointly delivered the club.

I don’t think she cares tbh. Hearts is her own little fiefdom and she will do what she wants. As owner she is within her rights to stubbornly pursue her own agenda it’s concerning to me where her priorities lie. I hope there will perhaps be a change in this attitude when FOH take ownership but I’m not holding my breath. 

1 minute ago, Des' Dad said:

FFS get a grip and get behind the new manager, it's what you wanted.

In what way was he not getting behind the new manager?

Lets hope That Daniel Stendel can work with our dysfunctional football department and not be undermined by Levein and McPhee hanging around .

3 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

The morons are the ones who back every decision she makes, blindly, despite her glaring errors in recent years.

3 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Is that the same “morons” on JKB that called out Levein’s shit football and where he was taking our team months ago??

Budge also can’t run a Club based on a close personal relationship with an employee either by the way.

Adam_the_legend
18 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Why would anyone “purposefully” fail? If you’re not good enough then you’re not good enough. If I’m **** at my job I don’t do it on purpose but I don’t then expect a promotion 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Lets hope That Daniel Stendel can work with our dysfunctional football department and not be undermined by Levein and McPhee hanging around .

That is a risk - and why is Budge taking that risk? 

Seymour M Hersh

Without having to read through this par for the course type thread can anyone tell me if what she is suggesting with CL goes past his date for leaving or is this what he's doing until then? Has she given him a new 3 year contract or are things basically the same as they were last week that he leaves in May after his contract ends. 

Adam_the_legend
8 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

You’re missing my point, there would be no lump sum. You just keep paying monthly as always. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So we’re you. You were guessing why CL has chosen to remain as co Sporting Director. I’m guessing it’s because the position will be made permanent.

CL did not choose he was given his remit to the end of season

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Because Ann has a very close personal relationship with him.

I had heard that a couple of years ago.  Not sure how true it is, or if it is still the case, if it is/was. 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Without having to read through this par for the course type thread can anyone tell me if what she is suggesting with CL goes past his date for leaving or is this what he's doing until then? Has she given him a new 3 year contract or are things basically the same as they were last week that he leaves in May after his contract ends. 

The only thing that has changed is CL and AM are now co Sporting Directors.

Bungalow Bill
Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

Why would anyone “purposefully” fail? If you’re not good enough then you’re not good enough. If I’m **** at my job I don’t do it on purpose but I don’t then expect a promotion 🤷🏼‍♂️

Is Macphee expecting a promotion? 

If I had an individual who wasn’t capable in one area but had skills to fill another area, then I’d utilise them. It remains to be seen if Macphee has the skills for the Sporting Director role though (if he’s to get it). 

Just now, TWF said:

CL did not choose he was given his remit to the end of season

We all have choices mate.  He could have quite easily walked out the door.

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

until when though? 

I honestly can’t remember. Ab may have said until end of season but I don’t remember. 

I honestly can’t remember. Ab may have said until end of season but I don’t remember. 

She never put a time frame on it

Leveins Battalion

The situation at Hearts isn’t toxic,but you know what is ?Jambos kickback and social media outlets concerning themselfs with Hearts.

Tiresome and boring negative threads every fecking day,now we’ve just appointed a manager compared with Klopp and Pep in style on Sky Sports.

How about now supporting this great club?

We all have choices mate.  He could have quite easily walked out the door.

You are obviously a fully paid up member of the "hate CL" brigade.

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That is a risk - and why is Budge taking that risk? 

My opinion is similar to your own.Ann Budge is sticking by her man to the bitter end.