Budge update on Sporting Director role

Juanjo

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not involved in the process, ask Levein. 
Most SD/Dofs are anonymous pen pushers, can you name those at the uglies or Hibs that do the job? Can you name any at all without googling them?

Macphee shouldn’t be in the running as recruitment is a big part of the job and I’m not convinced he’s done all that well in his time at the club. I would prefer someone Stendel knows and trusts to be honest, not the people who have us joint bottom of the league and have been removed from first team affairs, but still in charge of finding new players for the manager 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙄🙈

Maybe I should ask Levein. Got a feeling he’ll know the answer 🤔

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its amazing the amount of people on here who think they know exactly what goes on with roles n responsibilities etc and what level of blame should be apportioned.

Pasquale for King
Just now, GinRummy said:

Maybe I should ask Levein. Got a feeling he’ll know the answer 🤔

No answer to any of the rest of it though? Unfortunately he will know before I do what’s happening with the SD role was my  point.

The Old Tolbooth
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

She does not allow him to bring in his preferred coaches and yet retains CL and AM in the meantime.

I get the impression that it's either get rid of the staff and bring his own in, and have zero January kitty, or leave as be until some contracts run out and take it from there, and this allows the manager to bring in some players in January, given the choice, what would you prefer? 

Pasquale for King
Just now, BobbyJenkins said:

Its amazing the amount of people on here who think they know exactly what goes on with roles n responsibilities etc and what level of blame should be apportioned.

Unfortunately for those in charge the demands of today’s game ensure most of the running of clubs and who is responsible for certain aspects is all out in the open.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

No answer to any of the rest of it though? Unfortunately he will know before I do what’s happening with the SD role was my  point.

My point, which I didn’t make clear at all, was that Craig Levein, himself, will be the new SD.

Unfortunately for those in charge the demands of today’s game ensure most of the running of clubs and who is responsible for certain aspects is all out in the open.

Obviously not unfortunate for them though is it? Safest jobs in fitba n all that.

1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

FFS this thread is a joke.  Let's just get behind the new manager.  

Come on now there would be nowt to greet about and be a negative moaning balloon about if we did that! 

Pasquale for King
Just now, GinRummy said:

My point, which I didn’t make clear at all, was that Craig Levein, himself, will be the new SD.

I wouldn’t rule it out as Budge still doesn’t realise what a divisive and toxic character he has become. It would be a disaster if that was to happen though.

9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This is something that re-assures me. He trusts Mrs Budge so must have had some assurances re recruitment and staff

He said trust was one of the main reasons  for coming ...

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I wouldn’t rule it out as Budge still doesn’t realise what a divisive and toxic character he has become. It would be a disaster if that was to happen though.

You dont think she realises?

Does she not go to every game?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Obviously not unfortunate for them though is it? Safest jobs in fitba n all that.

Definitely, have any management team had their club joint bottom of the league and been moved sideways?

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

She does not allow him to bring in his preferred coaches and yet retains CL and AM in the meantime.

Who said she has not allowed him to bring them in?

Nonsense 

It’s just a theory I have. The more I think about it the more I think that’s what will happen. The working with the youth academy but ‘a bit more than that’ chat from budge yesterday was telling. Who knows though, maybe l was just looking for it.

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Good post. 

Bang on the money. 

Its embarrassing these 2 numpties are still here at our club. 

She actually comes across as being scared without these 2 clowns being there. 

Ruthless business woman reputation is hard to imagine nowadays. 

I think this shows that she really has not got a clue about the footballing side of the business and still leans heavily on CL for support and will not let him go.

This is the woman who said CL would only be retained to look after the Academy and then takes him with her to Manchester for apparent disussions with Man City re the sale of Hickey and now in her latest statement she says CL will be looking at certain parts of the operation in relation  to recruiting players but then she covers that by adding largely youth related but a bit more than that.

Then she says We have some important decisions to make and me bringing in somebody else new to the club. I don't think that's the best way of doing it.

So fo me that tells you that she is going to appoint McPhee as SD. The only consolation in that is that he will probably be better than Levein.

More and more posters are being blinded by there anger towards Craig Levein. 

There is not a single quote attributed to Ann that says Craig will be anywhere near recruiting new players. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You dont think she realises?

Does she not go to every game?

If she did she would’ve removed him from the club altogether, we have lost a lot of money in attendances this season already and some won’t come back even when he’s gone. Did you see the photo of her and boyfriend smiling and clapping after the Livi game. I think she believes it’s just the 

people who misbehave that don’t like Levein, I’ve not met anyone who didn’t want him removed sooner.

Just now, wavydavy said:

I think this shows that she really has not got a clue about the footballing side of the business and still leans heavily on CL for support and will not let him go.

This is the woman who said CL would only be retained to look after the Academy and then takes him with her to Manchester for apparent disussions with Man City re the sale of Hickey and now in her latest statement she says CL will be looking at certain parts of the operation in relation  to recruiting players but then she covers that by adding largely youth related but a bit more than that.

Then she says We have some important decisions to make and me bringing in somebody else new to the club. I don't think that's the best way of doing it.

So fo me that tells you that she is going to appoint McPhee as SD. The only consolation in that is that he will probably be better than Levein.

Link to a quote from Ann where she says Craig Levein will be involved in recruitment please?

Big Slim Stylee
12 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Some of the greatest seers in the world to be found on here.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s just a theory I have. The more I think about it the more I think that’s what will happen. The working with the youth academy but ‘a bit more than that’ chat from budge yesterday was telling. Who knows though, maybe l was just looking for it.

You’re spot on, it’s a worrying thought.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, have any management team had their club joint bottom of the league and been moved sideways?

Here's an idea, why don't we wait and see how we get on? The boys no even started yet lol

If hes a success I take it that will be despite of Levein and Macphee?

22 minutes ago, Boris said:

Says who?  You?

My take from what was said is that the manager identifies targets, the SD people go get them.

:conspiracy:

On reading her statement again she said that if Stendel says he wants a player with quote this that and the other McPhee will go and try and find that player.

That is slightly different to Strendel asking for a specific player and with our history of recruitment I still have some reservations.

1 minute ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Some of the greatest seers in the world to be found on here.

Its incredible eh, all these highly successful football managers on here... lol they're mental, demented. Nowt wrong wi an opinion but lets not pass it off as fact.

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The situation at Hearts isn’t toxic,but you know what is ?Jambos kickback and social media outlets concerning themselfs with Hearts.

Tiresome and boring negative threads every fecking day,now we’ve just appointed a manager compared with Klopp and Pep in style on Sky Sports.

How about now supporting this great club?

Great post, definitely your best yet!! 

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody wants revenge. Nobody wants the same 4 people who have presided over an absolute shitshow for three years all still at the club.

Anybody who is happy they’re all still here is a frother and thrasher.

Bit ott. You need to see the bigger picture. Btw I’m not happy they are all still here. 

14 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I get the impression that it's either get rid of the staff and bring his own in, and have zero January kitty, or leave as be until some contracts run out and take it from there, and this allows the manager to bring in some players in January, given the choice, what would you prefer? 

I would prefer to get rid of now. We have a network of Scouts. Stendel can ask them to identify what is going to be a small number of players I would imagine for January and surely between our Board Members we have the ability to negotiate contracts to free up Stendel for his coaching.

9 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

There lies the problem & the subsequent KB conjecture. Just a day after the appointment of DS all the talk is about the co roles of CL & AM.

This should have been the time to celebrate the arrival of the guy who is going to implement positive change to everything on the footballing side of things(which may happen)but instead we are being distracted by the spectre of CL which won’t go away till he does.

Just now, sac said:

There lies the problem & the subsequent KB conjecture. Just a day after the appointment of DS all the talk is about the co roles of CL & AM.

This should have been the time to celebrate the arrival of the guy who is going to implement positive change to everything on the footballing side of things(which may happen)but instead we are being distracted by the spectre of CL which won’t go away till he does.

Or people could just grow up?!

1 minute ago, Kev1998 said:

Victorian,define the bum end ,and the head end of the hearts support in you're opinion.iam entreagued in you're findings

Your intrigue is better employed elsewhere.      

I just can't believe she actually thinks this is acceptable, I joked about levein getting this role and it's actually happened. :lol: crazy levels of incompetence. 

I don't want him or mcphee having anything to do with any signings, they've done enough damage and I don't want anymore shite getting signed on 4 year deals over the next 6 months.  

Can't wait till this season is done and all three of them exit the club. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Bit ott. You need to see the bigger picture. Btw I’m not happy they are all still here. 

I don’t actually think there are any thrasher or frothers. It was in response to something else. It’s not my wish to pigeon hole huge groups of people who don’t agree with me. 

Hope you are right about the bigger picture. At the moment I’m glad Stendel is here but I’m just concerned by the fact everybody else is still here as well.

Edited by GinRummy

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Here's an idea, why don't we wait and see how we get on? The boys no even started yet lol

Well considering some of the players we have, at joint bottom of the league are you going to give those two charlatans credit if he gets us into the top six? His chances of being a success are severely hampered by having those two around and Macphee dealing with recruitment.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

On reading her statement again she said that if Stendel says he wants a player with quote this that and the other McPhee will go and try and find that player.

That is slightly different to Strendel asking for a specific player and with our history of recruitment I still have some reservations.

But ultimately Stendel would have a look too if someone is identified?  Wouldn't you think?

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The situation at Hearts isn’t toxic,but you know what is ?Jambos kickback and social media outlets concerning themselfs with Hearts.

Tiresome and boring negative threads every fecking day,now we’ve just appointed a manager compared with Klopp and Pep in style on Sky Sports.

How about now supporting this great club?

Exactly this mate, 

I am taking a break off this place, gonna just enjoy the fact we have a new manager and hopefully enjoy a win on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Why would it. Put them on gardening leave. The money is being spent regardless so why would it make any difference to budget. Could actually save money if the bootroom found new roles we’d not be liable to pay them through to the summer. 

Ever heard of cash flow?

Just now, BobbyJenkins said:

Success or failure will be on him.

We’re all hoping for the former !

If it goes south before the end of his contract, I hope there’s a role for him to play !

🤪

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Yes, I was being a tad sarcy there.

The mere presence of CL and AM at the club has some thinking there is a major conspiracy going on.

Only those that are not employed by the club and never involved in the club. 

Well considering some of the players we have, at joint bottom of the league are you going to give those two charlatans credit if he gets us into the top six? His chances of being a success are severely hampered by having those two around and Macphee dealing with recruitment.

Quite the reverse actually. If he succeeds with the same players, you’d need to paint a brass neck on anyone else taking any credit.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Quite the reverse actually. If he succeeds with the same players, you’d need to paint a brass neck on anyone else taking any credit.

Those who still defend these two will no doubt give them credit for it, just unlucky with injuries etc.

I remember when it was announced that Levein was being relieved of his duties,  but was being kept on thinking Budge is going to wait until the storm dies down and keep him at Hearts when his contract runs out. Would anyone be surprised if he was kept on in some role 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Which MacPhee signings have been flops?

Those who still defend these two will no doubt give them credit for it, just unlucky with injuries etc.

I think we’ll all just be happy that we’re doing well. 
What’s done is done.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Success or failure will be on him.

We’re all hoping for the former !

If it goes south before the end of his contract, I hope there’s a role for him to play !

🤪

Why wasn’t there a role for Locke or Cathro when they got sacked 🤔?

1 minute ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Which MacPhee signings have been flops?

Pretty much them all, besides lafferty, Isma and maybe Smith at.