Budge update on Sporting Director role

Juanjo

Just now, communist said:

Pretty much them all, besides lafferty, Isma and maybe Smith at. 

So one, our top scorer for how long? Another in Smith who is arguably our most consistent player? Which failures were MacPhee's, specifics please?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Imagine the seethe if it turns out that CL recommended Stendel as the new manager. His detractors wouldn't know whether or not to back him lol.

Edited by tcjambo

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think we’ll all just be happy that we’re doing well. 
What’s done is done.

As long as they don’t hamper him, which they already have with a bloated and demoralised squad that needs thinned before signings can be made.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

Imagine the seethe if it turns out that CL recommended Stendel as the new manager. His detractors wouldn't know whether or not to back him lol.

It’s unlikely, he wasn’t involved in the process was he 🤔? His last two choices of Daly and Cathro.

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

Would be a great laugh. Are his detractors not everybody though. Considering he’s completely screwed up two season of football?

1 minute ago, BobbyJenkins said:

So one, our top scorer for how long? Another in Smith who is arguably our most consistent player? Which failures were MacPhee's, specifics please?

Sorry you asked which ones were flops. Not specifics mate. 

So out of the 20-30odd players we have signed with him being here, he's only responsible for the 3 decent ones?? Sorry my mistake then... Its a good record right enough. 

If you want to share specifics on the amazing signings he has been a part of please do. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well considering some of the players we have, at joint bottom of the league are you going to give those two charlatans credit if he gets us into the top six? His chances of being a success are severely hampered by having those two around and Macphee dealing with recruitment.

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Quite the reverse actually. If he succeeds with the same players, you’d need to paint a brass neck on anyone else taking any credit.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Those who still defend these two will no doubt give them credit for it, just unlucky with injuries etc.

So the squad is shit and that's down to Levein and McPhee.

But if the current squad improves then it's not down to the squad being shit at all, just better management and coaching of it.

So which is it?  Poor players brought in by terrible manager/coaches?

Actually, ok players, who have just been poorly managed and coached?

Or poor players about to be turned around by a better manager/coach?

Personally, I think the squad is ok, just that the coaching/management of it under Levein, then McPhee, has been poor.

So the recruitment side of things is perhaps not the worry that is being made out.

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If she did she would’ve removed him from the club altogether, we have lost a lot of money in attendances this season already and some won’t come back even when he’s gone. Did you see the photo of her and boyfriend smiling and clapping after the Livi game. I think she believes it’s just the 

people who misbehave that don’t like Levein, I’ve not met anyone who didn’t want him removed sooner.

Diggers:

Customer: I’ll have a pint of Fosters

Bartender: Password please

Customer: ****ing Levine should of been emptied sooner 

Bartender: There is your pint , perfect head on it , enjoy. 

The Old Tolbooth
20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would prefer to get rid of now. We have a network of Scouts. Stendel can ask them to identify what is going to be a small number of players I would imagine for January and surely between our Board Members we have the ability to negotiate contracts to free up Stendel for his coaching.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure, in an ideal world I'd empty the lot of them right now including Levein, but it's pretty clear that there are financial restraints on doing this for us, I think I'd prefer it if we gave the new manager some funds for January and he brought in some players, because the position we're in right now is a relegation battle, and without new players he's going to have to work big miracles to get that shower of shite performing, fresh faces could just kick start our season for us. 

Sorry you asked which ones were flops. Not specifics mate. 

So out of the 20-30odd players we have signed with him being here, he's only responsible for the 3 decent ones?? Sorry my mistake then... Its a good record right enough. 

If you want to share specifics on the amazing signings he has been a part of please do. 

I asked which ones were were MacPhee's signings or recommendations, not which players were signed whilst hes been here? That's kind of important when hes being slagged for 'his' transfers.

If hes responsible for those 3 which I personally think he had an influence in, which 'duds' is he specifically responsible for?

4 minutes ago, Boris said:

But if the current squad improves then it's not down to the squad being shit at all, just better management and coaching of it.

Personally, I think the squad is ok, just that the coaching/management of it under Levein, then McPhee, has been poor.

So the recruitment side of things is perhaps not the worry that is being made out.

Good Post imo

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Name names?

I've already said there's maybe 4 or 5 players worth keeping. 

Those being Naismith and Whelan at a push, Souttar Halkett, Hickey, Smith are the only ones with decent enough pass marks. . 

The rest have been guff for 18 months at least, and if they all wanted to leave I'd not stand in their way or be upset. Really hoping for a big clear out if things don't improve massively soon, Do you disagree? 

Hoping the new manager can turn that round and the players can start to show us what they are made of. 

5 minutes ago, Boris said:

Bravo.

Just now, BobbyJenkins said:

I asked which ones were were MacPhee's signings or recommendations, not which players were signed whilst hes been here? That's kind of important when hes being slagged for 'his' transfers.

If hes responsible for those 3 which I personally think he had an influence in, which 'duds' is he specifically responsible for?

Levein signed them all

MacPhee signed them all

It’ll be AB signed them all next

Those being Naismith and Whelan at a push, Souttar Halkett, Hickey, Smith are the only ones with decent enough pass marks. . 

The rest have been guff for 18 months at least, and if they all wanted to leave I'd not stand in their way or be upset. Really hoping for a big clear out if things don't improve massively soon, Do you disagree? 

Hoping the new manager can turn that round and the players can start to show us what they are made of. 

So a significant number of our first team starters who've been out at various points for lengthy periods injured thus hampering our form?

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Diggers:

Customer should be launched for ordering Fosters.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Diggers:

I’m sure a member of the management might even pay for the pint if that was the conversation 😜. Only if they said should’ve not should of, did you got to school with Michael Stewart? Are you Michael Stewart 😱?

Just now, BobbyJenkins said:

Its been clear for ages, from his words, Ann, and Craig that he was heavily involved in transfers. 

I'm not slagging him for specifics, all I'm saying is the vast majority of signings have been utterly woeful since he's been at the club.. Is that so difficult to find hard to understand? 

Why should we now give him the reigns to continue in the same vein? 

I'm not throwing my toys out the pram here, and it's ultimately up to Ann who she wants, really hope she gets/has got it right, but I'd have preferred a clean break from all those who've led us to this horrid situation. 

2 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

So a significant number of our first team starters who've been out at various points for lengthy periods injured thus hampering our form?

Yes but ultimately its down to the management to have a balanced squad to be able to cope, or even scrape draws until we get back to nearly full strength. 

The recruitment has been woeful since he's been here and no one will convince me otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, communist said:

I honestly don’t know if I disagree or not. The main thing for me is we’ve been an incoherent mess who seem to change personnel and formation/tactics every week. The player don’t look particularly fit, don’t seem particularly determined and seem to lack the fighting spirit of many hearts teams in the past.

Whether a new boss will be able to change things enough working with our current squad is not a question I know the answer to.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I honestly don’t know if I disagree or not. The main thing for me is we’ve been an incoherent mess who seem to change personnel and formation/tactics every week. The player don’t look particularly fit, don’t seem particularly determined and seem to lack the fighting spirit of many hearts teams in the past.

Whether a new boss will be able to change things enough working with our current squad is not a question I know the answer to.

Just make Shit up like everybody else then.. duh.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Boris said:

I think we could list some poor players that they have signed in Leveins time and laterally Macphee . If the new manager gets a reaction from certain the squad then we can agree that the coaching staff were just hopeless at coaching.

I can see why people are upset Levein is still at the club, earning a wage and spreading negativity. Especially with the mess of a squad that he has left when he was 'sacked' - or whatever it is happened to him.

I'd be embarrassed to stay at my place of work, if I was relieved of my duties for not being able to the job properly. Proof, if ever it was needed, that Craig Levein is 100% unsackable / bombproof and Budge doesn't really understand football, or the clubs supporters.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Pasquale for King
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

I can see why people are upset Levein is still at the club, earing a wage and spreading negativity. Especially with the mess of a squad that he has left when he was 'sacked' - or whatever it is happened to him.

I'd be embarrassed to stay at my place of work, if I was relieved of my duties for not being able to the job properly. Proof, if ever it was needed, that Craig Levein is 100% unsackable / bombproof and Budge doesn't really understand football, or the clubs supporters.

He even showed the new guy around Riccarton and Tynecastle as everyone else went to Kilmarnock. 

I should add, I'm buzzing for Stendel taking control but the shadow of Levein and his cohorts is certainly taking away some of the excitement. I really hope neither Levein or McPhee are near the stadium come match day.

59 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This is something that re-assures me. He trusts Mrs Budge so must have had some assurances re recruitment and staff

Let’s hope she follows through on these assurances and Levein does not stick his nose in where it’s not wanted.

Just now, Boris said:

Yip. agree with the squad being ok and will do much better under a decent manager.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Only if they ask for Tennents

Tennents is also insipid pish water (glesca pish water at that ! ). Diggers do a beautiful pint of Deuchars IPA, there's no excuse for drinking any of that rancid stuff. (Sorry, very off topic, I know)

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Levein signed them all

MacPhee signed them all

It’ll be AB signed them all next

Who signed them then? 🤔

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why wasn’t there a role for Locke or Cathro when they got sacked 🤔?

They didn’t have a “special” personal relationship with Ann.

Just now, tcjambo said:

He must have been involved somewhere along the line, imo.

All opinions of course.

Look, this whole shitshow started when CL cocked up by putting Cathro in. 
Then we had him installed as manager while still doing the DoF gig. I always felt he looked uncomfortable in the early days in the dug out but he warmed to it. 
It didn’t work out. It’s done !

We move on until such time as his contract is up. I can see the logic of AB keeping him on in some capacity because, without him, she was lost. A cynic, with hindsight, might have argued that a two year deal for CL would have been better as a decision would have been taken after the Cup Final. All water under the bridge now.
As I say, all opinions

9 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Tennents is also insipid pish water (glesca pish water at that ! ). Diggers do a beautiful pint of Deuchars IPA, there's no excuse for drinking any of that rancid stuff. (Sorry, very off topic, I know)

No apology required. Every horror film needs a savant and a wee lull in the scares now and then. Gives us a chance to catch our breath before the bogeyman's next dastardly deed. 

Being made joint SD in this particularly terrifying Ann Budge production. 

Just now, martoon said:

No apology required. Every horror film needs a savant and a wee lull in the scares now and then. Gives us a chance to catch our breath before the bogeyman's next dastardly deed. 

Being made joint SD in this particularly terrifying Ann Budge production. 

Just drink mair Deuchars, you'll get over it. :cheers:

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Off topic but good to hear 👍🏽.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Two Sporting Directors?  Are they actually directors or is it just a DOF by any other name.

Stendel must be given full control of the footballing side.  There must be NO INTERFERENCE from Levein, no matter how much he wants to put his fingers in the pie.

scunner /skʌnə/
Scottish
verb
past tense: scunnered; past participle: scunnered
  1. feel disgust or strong dislike.
    "he seemed even more scunnered with me than before"

Feel free to correct any inaccuracies.

Hickey does not have an agent. It’s his dad that represents him. Levein and his dad have a very decent relationship.

Hickey if the rumours are to be believed is the subject of interest from City with further rumours of a bid then loan deal being discussed.

Surely it makes sense for Levein to be involved in that process seeing as it appears to be between him, Hickey and father and City from the beginning?

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Feel free to correct any inaccuracies.

Hickey does not have an agent. It’s his dad that represents him. Levein and his dad have a very decent relationship.

Hickey if the rumours are to be believed is the subject of interest from City with further rumours of a bid then loan deal being discussed.

Surely it makes sense for Levein to be involved in that process seeing as it appears to be between him, Hickey and father and City from the beginning?

Yeah. Lots of good reasons for Levein, McPhee, Daly and Fox all to stay. It’s every other club in the world I feel sorry for. Imagine sacking people when you could still find a use for them. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah. Lots of good reasons for Levein, McPhee, Daly and Fox all to stay. It’s every other club in the world I feel sorry for. Imagine sacking people when you could still find a use for them. 

Delicate negotiations regarding one of our most valuable players shouldn’t be dismissed so glibly.

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Delicate negotiations regarding one of our most valuable players shouldn’t be dismissed so glibly.

Indeed. Doubt, going forward, if hearts could manage without him. 

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Ever heard of cash flow?

When you figure out what gardening leave is and how it affects cash flow (here’s a clue, it doesn’t) then I’m all ears. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m sure a member of the management might even pay for the pint if that was the conversation 😜. Only if they said should’ve not should of, did you got to school with Michael Stewart? Are you Michael Stewart 😱?

😂

1 hour ago, whodanny said:

Customer should be launched for ordering Fosters.

Did you miss the convo about Fosters and diggers the other night

53 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Who signed them then? 🤔

I’m not sure who signed AB , guess Levein signed Cathro and AB signed Levein 🤷🏻‍♂️

52 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

They didn’t have a “special” personal relationship with Ann.

You really have it bad 

5 minutes ago, Papa John said:

Keep an eye out on Saturday for any post-it notes being passed to Stendel.  Can you imagine the seethe on JKB😉

I’d send one down just saying good luck as Stendel to read it then drop it so you can only see the g then the ck and see what the media come up with

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

FFS this thread is a joke.  Let's just get behind the new manager.  

I am fully behind the new manager however I would have preferred if the previous ones were not still around.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Would be a great laugh. Are his detractors not everybody though. Considering he’s completely screwed up two season of football?

Not me. He got some things wrong absolutely ......but in the eyes of the most shouty people on here he never ever got anthing ever right or it wrecks their view of the world. Must be great to have such a simple view of the world lol.

1 hour ago, Mac80 said:

Who said she has not allowed him to bring them in?

Nonsense 

Where are they then? Training was done by Stendel, Mcphee and Kirk.

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

No doubt Levein will continue to do his best to hold us back. It's written in his double agent contract with the Hobos.

More likely that you"re a hobo TBH lol

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I can see why people are upset Levein is still at the club, earning a wage and spreading negativity. Especially with the mess of a squad that he has left when he was 'sacked' - or whatever it is happened to him.

I dont understand football either, when a club goes into admin football debts must be honoured above all others, sacked managers continue to be paid until their contract expires. This is why Levein is still here working at the youth academy as we would still be paying him anyway.

It's not like being a bus driver or a call centre operative, as I say I don't understand football it works differently to a proper business. Neither do many others understand how football works particularly at our level ie not the English Premiership who solve all problems with huge pay offs.