Budge update on Sporting Director role

Juanjo

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I am fully behind the new manager however I would have preferred if the previous ones were not still around.

Thats fair enough , the lunacy that has been coming out and twisting of words is just madness though. (Not aimed directly at you - havent read your other posts) 

I think as was discussed yesterday possibly with Taffin is that AB often says something very deliberate that doesnt allow for fluidity as the process moves on so its picked up on more.

Aside from that , CL is not doing anything we didnt know. Stendel and Budge obviously have a plan by his words yesterday and he knows he has full autonomy. If he goes on a winning run no one will bother about if Levein is pottering about with the youth setup and helping out earning his wage. We cant bin the entire team at one go and there is obv issues in bringing in Stendels team so we have to work within that for now. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

No doubt Levein will continue to do his best to hold us back. It's written in his double agent contract with the Hobos.

That would be an interesting turn up slow burn 30 year double agent 

4 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Not me. He got some things wrong absolutely ......but in the eyes of the most shouty people on here he never ever got anthing ever right or it wrecks their view of the world. Must be great to have such a simple view of the world lol.

I wouldn’t say he got everything wrong but the last three seasons? You’re seriously no too arsed about that. All the resources wasted.

Folk just see him as responsible for the utter shite they’ve had to suffer. You reckon they’re oversimplifying and deserve to be mocked?

13 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

More likely that you"re a hobo TBH lol

Of course, that's a great observation by your educated self. 

Edited by innerjambo

13 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Not me. He got some things wrong absolutely ......but in the eyes of the most shouty people on here he never ever got anthing ever right or it wrecks their view of the world. Must be great to have such a simple view of the world lol.

That's because he was useless at his job.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I wouldn’t say he got everything wrong but the last three seasons? You’re seriously no too arsed about that. All the resources wasted.

Folk just see him as responsible for the utter shite they’ve had to suffer. You reckon they’re oversimplifying and deserve to be mocked?

To some extent yes. Resources wasted you say but what if the players come good under Stendel. What will you have to say about that? What happens if once we get our players back we start winning the majority of our games. What will you have to say about that? People do deserve to be challenged for their blind hatred of Levein. I am not going to apologise for that.

1 hour ago, jambogemz said:

Link to a quote from Ann where she says Craig Levein will be involved in recruitment please?

Read her statement in full and she still has him involved and below is an extract from her statement in the EEN.

It is likely to be some time after New Year that Budge is ready to recruit a permanent candidate in the sporting director role. In the meantime, assistant coach MacPhee and former manager Levein will share the responsibilities of the job and leave Stendel free to concentrate on the team.

The full article is here where she intimates that CL will be more involved in the academy but she also says this quote.

"I’ve got Craig looking at certain parts of the operation, largely youth, but a bit more than that. 

Not sure what the higlighted bit means.

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

To some extent yes. Resources wasted you say but what if the players come good under Stendel. What will you have to say about that? What happens if once we get our players back we start winning the majority of our games. What will you have to say about that? People do deserve to be challenged for their blind hatred of Levein. I am not going to apologise for that.

in answer to your questions. I’d be delighted if both of those things happened. 

I never asked you to apologise. 

1 hour ago, Boris said:

But ultimately Stendel would have a look too if someone is identified?  Wouldn't you think?

I would certainly hope so but when you look at some of the players we have signed previously it makes you wonder.

The problem for the January window is that you don't get a lot of time to look at players and we need some urgently.

4 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

Meet the "new" team, folks... :unsure2:

Daniel Stendel – Manager

Jon Daly – First Team Coach

Liam Fox – First Team Coach

Paul Gallacher – Goalkeeper Coach

Andy Kirk – Reserve Team Manager

John Rankin – Reserve/Youth Team Coach

Donald Park – Youth Team Coach

Austin McPhee – Sporting Director for Recruitment, Stats, Analysis

Craig Levein - Sporting Director for Academy Tours, Youth, A Bit More Than That

Did I miss anybody?

I don't know if you missed anybody but in your first sentence you omitted the word TEMPORARY before TEAM

19 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

No doubt Levein will continue to do his best to hold us back. It's written in his double agent contract with the Hobos.

The irony 😂

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Hmmm, I'm not so sure, in an ideal world I'd empty the lot of them right now including Levein, but it's pretty clear that there are financial restraints on doing this for us, I think I'd prefer it if we gave the new manager some funds for January and he brought in some players, because the position we're in right now is a relegation battle, and without new players he's going to have to work big miracles to get that shower of shite performing, fresh faces could just kick start our season for us. 

I was just stating my perference in reply to your question however I doubt that is going to happen and we will just have to hope that whoever is recruiting does a good job.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I don't know if you missed anybody but in your first sentence you omitted the word TEMPORARY before TEAM

I think everyone on the forum knows it’s temporary.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

in answer to your questions. I’d be delighted if both of those things happened. 

I never asked you to apologise. 

I know you didn't. Yoi have your views and I respect any alternative view that doesn't resort to hyperbole like some people have.

17 minutes ago, sadj said:

He must have been really shite at that too with only 9 victories in 60 games lol. 

16 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats fair enough , the lunacy that has been coming out and twisting of words is just madness though. (Not aimed directly at you - havent read your other posts) 

I think as was discussed yesterday possibly with Taffin is that AB often says something very deliberate that doesnt allow for fluidity as the process moves on so its picked up on more.

Aside from that , CL is not doing anything we didnt know. Stendel and Budge obviously have a plan by his words yesterday and he knows he has full autonomy. If he goes on a winning run no one will bother about if Levein is pottering about with the youth setup and helping out earning his wage. We cant bin the entire team at one go and there is obv issues in bringing in Stendels team so we have to work within that for now. 

Absolutely this and I understand that there are obviously financial restraints on what we can do and the important thing now is to have some funds available for some new players.

I just hope Stendel maybe has some specific players in mind to go for rather than asking our current incumbants to find what he wants.

3 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I know you didn't. Yoi have your views and I respect any alternative view that doesn't resort to hyperbole like some people have.

Likewise.

22 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sure would, except as each year passes he gets more shite than the previous year. Hard to believe that's possible with Levein eh!

24 minutes ago, sadj said:

If he goes in a winning run it really will highlight just how poor our previous Head Coach was 🤷‍♂️

(And yeah, if we keep losing then who do you think will get the blame? That’s right, Levein 🤷‍♂️)

Out of interest, how much do we reckon it would actually cost to pay off Levein, MacPhee, Fox and Daly? A lot has been made that we aren't a big rich club and as such can't afford to do that, but I can't imagine it would really cost that much?

Apologies if this has been covered. Not interested in reading the previous 7 pages of the bun fight.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Out of interest, how much do we reckon it would actually cost to pay off Levein, MacPhee, Fox and Daly? A lot has been made that we aren't a big rich club and as such can't afford to do that, but I can't imagine it would really cost that much?

Apologies if this has been covered. Not interested in reading the previous 7 pages of the bun fight.

If it’s to end of May 2020 I’d guess circa £150-170k

Just now, sac said:

If it’s to end of May 2020 I’d guess circa £150-170k

Feel about right. Given the football side is the be all and end all of the club I'd find it very worrying if we can't afford that amount for a clean break.

I don't think finance is playing a part in the decision (or at least it shouldn't be). I'm quite comfortable Ann has chosen this solution. Fingers crossed it's a good one.

9 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’d go further than that and say that she was probably hoping she could give the head coach’s job to McPhee. Obviously his shiteness made it impossible but I bet she was planning to pull that one if he’d got a few results.

She said she interviewed Stendel the day of the Kilmarnock game, 23rd November

🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

They didn’t have a “special” personal relationship with Ann.

Like yours with JJ? 🤔

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Feel about right. Given the football side is the be all and end all of the club I'd find it very worrying if we can't afford that amount for a clean break.

I don't think finance is playing a part in the decision (or at least it shouldn't be). I'm quite comfortable Ann has chosen this solution. Fingers crossed it's a good one.

I’d have paid CL off & left the others to see out their deals. 

57 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

****ing hilarious.

How do you manage to think up such ecstatic humour?

38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think everyone on the forum knows it’s temporary.

Doesn't appear so.

That's why I thought it was worth pointing out the omission of such a key word.

23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

About half a Martin, or a quarter of an oshaniwa.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Doesn't appear so.

That's why I thought it was worth pointing out the omission of such a key word.

fair do’s al. Better safe than sorry.

34 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If he goes in a winning run it really will highlight just how poor our previous Head Coach was 🤷‍♂️

(And yeah, if we keep losing then who do you think will get the blame? That’s right, Levein 🤷‍♂️)

👍🏻

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

fair do’s al. Better safe than sorry.

Better just to stick with fact whether it's safe or not.

That way you can avoid misleading nonsense to suit a particular agenda.

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Don’t know the cost.

Whatever the cost it’ll be same whether it’s now or at the end of their contract.

It would have to be paid in full I would imagine.

51 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Gary Locke?

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Read her statement in full and she still has him involved and below is an extract from her statement in the EEN.

It is likely to be some time after New Year that Budge is ready to recruit a permanent candidate in the sporting director role. In the meantime, assistant coach MacPhee and former manager Levein will share the responsibilities of the job and leave Stendel free to concentrate on the team.

The full article is here where she intimates that CL will be more involved in the academy but she also says this quote.

"I’ve got Craig looking at certain parts of the operation, largely youth, but a bit more than that. 

Not sure what the higlighted bit means.

Oh I've read it all already.

You seemed more than convinced in your previous posts but there is Zero indication Levein will be involved in recruitment. 

If it's repeated enough though it'll be accepted as truth. Right? 

Edited by jambogemz

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

****ing hilarious.

How do you manage to think up such ecstatic humour?

How do you manage to get so enraged by the slightest, even lighthearted, criticism of Levein?

How do you manage to fanatically defend a man who's such a persistent feck up and lame duck? 

Genuine questions, man. 

Guest ToqueJambo
36 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What exactly has Fox done wrong out of interest? Daly and mcphee I can sort of understand as they’ve been assistants and caretakers. But why pick on Fox now too?

Aren’t eddie may and grant murray still at hibs despite being part of heckingbottom’s team?

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Not through lack of trying though, I’m sure. ;) 

Never leave your friends behind!

Thats my moto. 👍

4 hours ago, Boris said:

Is that a wee bit of a froth and a thrash I'm making out?

Definitely here!

Stendel is the manager.  Stendel will pick the team.  Stendel will take the training.  Stendel may well improve our existing coaches.  Stendel will see what personnel changes are needed.  Stendel may even recommend players to CL/AM.  

Stendel has come into this with his eyes open (one would imagine)

Stendel shouldn’t need to improve the coaches he should have his own team in place because time is crucial to Hearts getting out of this mess. Not one person has been sacked just moved by Ann Budge which will only hamper Hearts and Daniel Stendel. Levein, McPhee, Daly, Fox plus Murray should of been shown the door instead we are left with the guilty, incompetent men who have got us into this mess. Ann’s golden boys have escaped justice once again.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What exactly has Fox done wrong out of interest? Daly and mcphee I can sort of understand as they’ve been assistants and caretakers. But why pick on Fox now too?

Aren’t eddie may and grant murray still at hibs despite being part of heckingbottom’s team?

They were both there before Heckingbottom turned up. Why would they pay for his shortcomings?

Daft comparison. 

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Stendel shouldn’t need to improve the coaches he should have his own team in place because time is crucial to Hearts getting out of this mess. Not one person has been sacked just moved by Ann Budge which will only hamper Hearts and Daniel Stendel. Levein, McPhee, Daly, Fox plus Murray should of been shown the door instead we are left with the guilty, incompetent men who have got us into this mess. Ann’s golden boys have escaped justice once again.

I agree but it would seem a large number on this thread seem to be happy with this arrangement.

It will be intersting to see what happens if Stendel doesn't seem to improve the results and style of play.

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Never leave your friends behind!

Thats my moto. 👍

Is that a dig at Ann Budge 🧐 or just you being flippant to IoS

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, martoon said:

They were both there before Heckingbottom turned up. Why would they pay for his shortcomings?

Daft comparison. 

They were part of the team that took 3 seasons to get out of the championship. That’s failure.

8 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Oh I've read it all already.

You seemed more than convinced in your previous posts but there is Zero indication Levein will be involved in recruitment. 

If it's repeated enough though it'll be accepted as truth. Right? 

There is no clear cut indication, but without knowing what ‘a bit more than that’ is whilst he is co-Sporting Director, it is a possibility. 

7 minutes ago, martoon said:

How do you manage to get so enraged by the slightest, even lighthearted, criticism of Levein?

How do you manage to fanatically defend a man who's such a persistent feck up and lame duck? 

Genuine questions, man. 

I didn't realise I was defending him.  I didn't even realise it was lighthearted.

I was commenting on a poster's utter obsession with CL and the same repetitive crap polluting every thread.

This is a thread about the new SD not CL.

Edited by JamboAl