Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TWF said:

You are obviously a fully paid up member of the "hate CL" brigade.

if it makes life easier for you to pigeon hole people then I don’t mind. I don’t hate CL though.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

She never put a time frame on it

So the probability is CL will leave in May and nothing has changed apart from McPhee looking like he's being lined up for the SD role on his own with Levein possibly mentoring him until May? 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

if it makes life easier for you to pigeon hole people then I don’t mind. I don’t hate CL though.

Looking forward to your posts on forthcoming developments

Just now, TWF said:

Looking forward to your posts on forthcoming developments

Thanks 👍. You’ll find I’m among the first to congratulate anybody involved with the club on any kind of achievement and also will freely admit when I’m wrong. Being right on everything isn’t something I aspire to.

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So the probability is CL will leave in May and nothing has changed apart from McPhee looking like he's being lined up for the SD role on his own with Levein possibly mentoring him until May? 

There seems to be a good chance AM will get a role in the NI set up.

Reading between the lines I’m guessing we have pushed the boat out to get DS in, he has requested funds in January and again in the summer so the “compromise” to enable this all to happen is that he works with our current coaches to start with to see if that will work and phase them out as the contracts expire. Ma phew has been put in as temporary SD as this is his thing, player identification, relationships with Man City, Tournaments etc and tbh can see him getting job fulltime. CL has been given the academy side of things as again we either make him work till his contract runs outbor we hand him the cash for feck all. CL will do his best for Hearts no matter what anyone says.

To me although a very different approach but makes good business and to a level good city all sense. If DS thinks things are not working he will tell AB and she will have to act. 

Why is he still even here. He has without any shadow of a doubt failed. Failed to 

Recruit well.,so many disastrous signings on long contract under his watch. Failed to put a balanced squad together. Failed to get the best out of the decent players. Failed to put a winning team on the park despite being generously backed by Budge. It is staggering that he is still in the building. MacPhee is just as culpable. FFS Anne look at the stats. Would rather have no one in place than Levein. 

Cannae imagine that Stendel is too chuffed to have the spectre at the feast either.

20 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I do not know. Possibly

Francis Albert

Leaving aside the personalities I still don't fully understand the division of responsibilities between manager and SD (or indeed between the co-SDs). 

Take Hickey's future. He is part of the first team squad so presumably his potental sale and loan back is part of Stendel's role?

And what about players on the fringe of the first team who might come through in Stendel's time. Is he suppsed to be totally hands off in how those players are developed in the meantime? Is he just handed players developed in the Levein/Cathro mould. 

And the recruitment process and division of responsibilities still seem unclear.

It potentially has the makings of a dog's breakfast.

And bringing in the issue of the personalities. 

As has been said before SDs are often barely known background types. Not for us though. There seems huge scope for clash of personalities, egos and ideas.

Edited by Francis Albert

26 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Craigie must have upped his game in the bedroom the last few weeks. 

I believe he no longer sings 'I would do anything for love, but I wont do that' anymore.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody wants revenge. Nobody wants the same 4 people who have presided over an absolute shitshow for three years all still at the club.

Anybody who is happy they’re all still here is a frother and thrasher.

Is that a wee bit of a froth and a thrash I'm making out?

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

All this is true and you’ll find a lot of the ones on here who don’t see a problem with Levein given  the job of co-sporting Director are in fact the ones who are Levein lovers who would keep him at the club at any cost. Ann’s golden boy is a club legend they always go on about and really you have to think would they still want to keep him employed if we were relegated and playing a form of football that is commonly called A SHAMBLES. 

Definitely here!

Stendel is the manager.  Stendel will pick the team.  Stendel will take the training.  Stendel may well improve our existing coaches.  Stendel will see what personnel changes are needed.  Stendel may even recommend players to CL/AM.  

Stendel has come into this with his eyes open (one would imagine)

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Boris said:

Definitely here!

Stendel is the manager.  Stendel will pick the team.  Stendel will take the training.  Stendel may well improve our existing coaches.  Stendel will see what personnel changes are needed.  Stendel may even recommend players to CL/AM.  

You mean the man solely responsible for the first team MAY EVEN recommend players to CL/AM.

Wow.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

You mean the man solely responsible for the first team MAY EVEN recommend players to CL/AM.

Wow.

Yes, I was being a tad sarcy there.

The mere presence of CL and AM at the club has some thinking there is a major conspiracy going on.

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Lad. Can you be any more cringey?

Here's the thing. We are not a major club but we seem to be happy to create a cottage industry of "football department" jobs. Simplify and move on without it.

The lad was simply to rhyme with bad. Apologies for my wordplay.

You missed the point of my post, we don’t have to be a major team to have a SD. Look at the continent, Germany, Italy, France and not just in the top divisions have this set up. They don’t believe in a manager, they feel this is old fashioned. They believe in a head coach who identifies what he wants and needs and rather than take time away from training and tactics to focus on those things the SD or DoF do it. In the countries I’ve mentioned it’s been happening since at least The 80’s and in other smaller nations (who repeatedly perform better in European competitions than Scottish teams do) most teams have had that setup since at least the mid-90’s. Rangers have that setup, Celtic have that setup. Why the hell shouldn't we have that setup?

Adam_the_legend
14 minutes ago, Boris said:

Definitely here!

Depends what he’s been told. Would t be the first person to get told one thing at interview and find out the reality is very different. Actually sounds like he experienced similar at Barnsley. If CL/AM are overstepping, which imo CL won’t be able to help himself, DS could get frustrated. It’s just a risk that isn’t needed. Clean slate, new guy with free reign to change the old ways makes much more sense to me. 

Gorgie Boys are in town.
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Indeed.

Revenge!!! Revenge!!! Give us Revenge...…..!

An ounce of common sense would be better. 

Adam_the_legend
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The lad was simply to rhyme with bad. Apologies for my wordplay.

You missed the point of my post, we don’t have to be a major team to have a SD. Look at the continent, Germany, Italy, France and not just in the top divisions have this set up. They don’t believe in a manager, they feel this is old fashioned. They believe in a head coach who identifies what he wants and needs and rather than take time away from training and tactics to focus on those things the SD or DoF do it. In the countries I’ve mentioned it’s been happening since at least The 80’s and in other smaller nations (who repeatedly perform better in European competitions than Scottish teams do) most teams have had that setup since at least the mid-90’s. Rangers have that setup, Celtic have that setup. Why the hell shouldn't we have that setup?

Except our little experiment with this system has completely failed and we aren’t even changing the personnel. What’s that quote about doing the same things??

Levein is not bomb proof :laugh:

If it is a case of him wanting to see his contract out he should've been placed on gardening leave.  It's pretty embarrassing tbf, he has been bad in both roles since we've been up from the championship so no idea what she has seen in him to justify doing any position like that here.

He has sunk his claws well into the club, absolutely untouchable.

Edited by Morph

itsnomarooned
12 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Depends what he’s been told. Would t be the first person to get told one thing at interview and find out the reality is very different. Actually sounds like he experienced similar at Barnsley. If CL/AM are overstepping, which imo CL won’t be able to help himself, DS could get frustrated. It’s just a risk that isn’t needed. Clean slate, new guy with free reign to change the old ways makes much more sense to me. 

Seems to me that Ann Budge is absolutely scrupulous in how she approaches her business dealings so I'd be very surprised if there wasn't full disclosure to Stendel. Assuming this is indeed the case then he came here quite happy with the situation.

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

Seems to me that Ann Budge is absolutely scrupulous in how she approaches her business dealings so I'd be very surprised if there wasn't full disclosure to Stendel. Assuming this is indeed the case then he came here quite happy with the situation.

Hopefully, we’ll just need to see how it pans out. 

itsnomarooned
Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

Hopefully, we’ll just need to see how it pans out. 

There was a post earlier speculating that it was either a clear out of coaches etc. or money in January for players. That's what I was wondering and there's a logic to it as we're not a club awash with cash.  As you say, we just need to see how it works and hope for glory.

17 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Except our little experiment with this system has completely failed and we aren’t even changing the personnel. What’s that quote about doing the same things??

The DoF role worked for Levein as DoF and Neilson/Crawford in charge. It didn’t work for Levein and Cathro/MacPhee. That’s a 50/50. Levein as DoF and Manager meant he was doing more than modern managers normally do (outside Scotland). The system is a tried and tested system and the personell HAVE changed. The Manager/Head Coach is pretty new is he not? That means the SD role is being performed by two people who are no longer distracted by other roles they were also doing.

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The DoF role worked for Levein as DoF and Neilson/Crawford in charge. It didn’t work for Levein and Cathro/MacPhee. That’s a 50/50. Levein as DoF and Manager meant he was doing more than modern managers normally do (outside Scotland). The system is a tried and tested system and the personell HAVE changed. The Manager/Head Coach is pretty new is he not? That means the SD role is being performed by two people who are no longer distracted by other roles they were also doing.

No, you’re right, the performance of our DOF has been wonderful, all these fantastic players he’s signed and our great form over the last 3 years. So that’s why we have been so bad, there were too many “distractions”. Have a word. Rewarding such failure is not a smart thing to do and I hope it doesn’t come back to bite us...again. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Craigie must have upped his game in the bedroom the last few weeks. 

Or owe the bookies more money.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

There seems to be a good chance AM will get a role in the NI set up.

The ideal scenario would be for him to become manager and get compensation. Even if he does keep his current  job with them we can’t have our SD away all summer if NI qualify for the Euros.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Your latest neuroimaging results? 🤔

Correct, they’ve reprogrammed me to agree with everything Budge does. Now free to stand in the FOH elections.

4 hours ago, Boris said:

How does it undermine Stendel?  Do you think this was as much of a surprise to him as it is to you?

And who does the role if you get shot of CL/AM at this precise moment in time?

Because he will be working with the two main culprits in getting us into this dire predicament in the first place.

Unless he has specific players he wants then it seems Budge has put her trust in AM and CL to bring in the players.

She said at the outset that she was going to bring in a Sporting Director first but then changed her mind. I wonder why? Oh I know because she has the very best candidates sitting here already.

She really is starting to take this piss now with the way she is treating the fans. It really beggars belief that there are folk like you that thing everything will be fine with those two still involved.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Correct, they’ve reprogrammed me to agree with everything Budge does. Now free to stand in the FOH elections.

Lulz

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The ideal scenario would be for him to become manager and get compensation. Even if he does keep his current  job with them we can’t have our SD away all summer if NI qualify for the Euros.

Who do you think would be in the running for SD then?

Just now, wavydavy said:

Because he will be working with the two main culprits in getting us into this dire predicament in the first place.

Does not explain how he will be undermined...

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Unless he has specific players he wants then it seems Budge has put her trust in AM and CL to bring in the players.

Says who?  You?

My take from what was said is that the manager identifies targets, the SD people go get them.

She said at the outset that she was going to bring in a Sporting Director first but then changed her mind. I wonder why? Oh I know because she has the very best candidates sitting here already.

She really is starting to take this piss now with the way she is treating the fans. It really beggars belief that there are folk like you that thing everything will be fine with those two still involved.

:conspiracy:

2 hours ago, MacPhee said:

She never put a time frame on it

She wouldn't because she will not let big Craigie go until she goes. 😏

15 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

"Austin will be doing part of that job and Craig will be doing another part of it. They could continue in that..."

It reads to me that while she is actively considering other applicants for the SD role, this temporary arrangement might be the permanent solution.

As long as Stendel can replace our coaching staff with his own guys, I'm not too uncomfortable with this. It makes sense financially. And I think MacPhee has a lot to offer.  Not so sure about Levein.

“They could continue in that” is the worrying part of that. I do not want Levein as Sporting Director or assisting past the end of his current contract.

MacPhee I could live with but CL no

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

Hysterical nonsense.    It's continuity and a transitional handover.    

Hardly hysterical. I can see what her game is she is letting things die down a bit and hoping for a few decent wins and then into the new year she will announce that low and behold here we have the best candidate for the job sitting under our noses all the time none other than Auistin Mcphee.

She contradicts herself in her statement by saying she will be looking for a SD and then says she doesn't want to lose AM as he has developed these wonderful relationships so does that really mean the job is his?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That is a risk - and why is Budge taking that risk? 

Stendel has been ****ed over in both his previous jobs.

He would absolutely NOT be at the club if he had any concerns whatsoever about the set up.

Is Stendel relying on his own scouts or is Teflon John still da man?

I certainly wouldn’t be asking him to find me a ******* pen never mind a player 

Hardly hysterical. I can see what her game is she is letting things die down a bit and hoping for a few decent wins and then into the new year she will announce that low and behold here we have the best candidate for the job sitting under our noses all the time none other than Auistin Mcphee.

She contradicts herself in her statement by saying she will be looking for a SD and then says she doesn't want to lose AM as he has developed these wonderful relationships so does that really mean the job is his?

Maybe McPhee would be a decent SD?

Stendel is in charge of all things first team is my understanding of it.

4 hours ago, MacPhee said:

please explain how it undermines Stendel?

She does not allow him to bring in his preferred coaches and yet retains CL and AM in the meantime.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Stendel has been ****ed over in both his previous jobs.

He would absolutely NOT be at the club if he had any concerns whatsoever about the set up.

This is something that re-assures me. He trusts Mrs Budge so must have had some assurances re recruitment and staff

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Good post. 

Bang on the money. 

Its embarrassing these 2 numpties are still here at our club. 

She actually comes across as being scared without these 2 clowns being there. 

Ruthless business woman reputation is hard to imagine nowadays. 

29 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

not in my opinion

Pasquale for King
Just now, GinRummy said:

Who do you think would be in the running for SD then?

I’m not involved in the process, ask Levein. 
Most SD/Dofs are anonymous pen pushers, can you name those at the uglies or Hibs that do the job? Can you name any at all without googling them?

Macphee shouldn’t be in the running as recruitment is a big part of the job and I’m not convinced he’s done all that well in his time at the club. I would prefer someone Stendel knows and trusts to be honest, not the people who have us joint bottom of the league and have been removed from first team affairs, but still in charge of finding new players for the manager 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙄🙈

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Hardly hysterical. I can see what her game is

You Roger Moore about that?

"I can see what her game is"

Take a bow Clouseau

Image result for clouseau gif

Just now, Boris said:

Maybe McPhee would be a decent SD?

Stendel is in charge of all things first team is my understanding of it.

He may well turn out to be that and I will be delighted if he does. My concern is that AM and CL have between them signed some not very good players.

They have made some decent signings as well but it will be interesting to see if they can fit in to Stendel's preferred style of play.

Hopefully your last sentence is correct.

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

spot on

Pasquale for King
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Good post. 

Bang on the money. 

Its embarrassing these 2 numpties are still here at our club. 

She actually comes across as being scared without these 2 clowns being there. 

Ruthless business woman reputation is hard to imagine nowadays. 

Good response to a good post. She said there was money to hire someone in a job and now it seems things are a bit tighter than that, due to having a bloated first team squad who need thinned out by the two charlatans that assembled it.