Budge update on Sporting Director role

Juanjo

I'm actually officially blazing angry now and I mean that.

What the hell is she doing?

We should have Stendel and his two trusted assistants instead of the two utter losers who have made us an absolute laughing stock.

I repeat.  What is she doing to us?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Still Tynie said:

Who is to say Dan's assistants from Germany will not arrive soon after the new year?

There could be many different reasons for them not being here yet 

who’s to say he will? We can only really go on what’s happened so far.

It’s quite depressing just how many folk want to find something to rage about rather than focus on the positives. The only change from what has happened since Levein’s departure from managerial duties is we have brought in an exciting manager and by all accounts he will be joined by one if not both of his assistants. In the meantime he has a chance to assess who’s at the club and who he wants to work with. This is NORMAL at pretty much every club, granted having the manager in the background isn’t normal but he’s not involved in first team duties and the new manager doesn’t care. And Levein will leave at the end of his contract anyway.

The same folk raging now will be the same folk sitting silently while players make good tackles, good runs or good passes etc but will be the first to jump up and shout “****ing disgrace” when a player they don’t like loses the ball.

It’s a new era. It will take months to take shape. Be patient and enjoy the ride and the festive period to boot.

28 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

So what exactly is Levein's role at the moment ?

Working with the youth academy until the summer

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We seem a little over staffed at the moment. As an example of what might have happened (could Am not do CL’s job) with Craig’s influence be removed from the club altogether. Maybe put on gardening leave.

Would you have been unhappy with this?

I am just happy that the club is being run in a way that saves us throwing cash about in a silly way. We ha e just appointed a new manager who I would reckon will have cost  us a bomb. I have no problem with Levein continuing to see to the academy and deal with other peripheral matters behind the scenes until his contract  is concluded. Putting him on garden leave would have meant continuing to pay him for doing nothing while having to pay someone to do his job. For the Levein Haters, there is no doubt that he will be gone in the summer.

Shambolic situation. Levein shouldn’t be kept on in any capacity and I fail to see which areas of the “football department” he’ll be able to add value to. 

Throughout his spell:

Recruitment: Woeful, leaving us with an expensive squad on long term contracts sat joint bottom of the league. 

Results: Less said the better

Style of play: brutal 

The Academy: no significant fees generated from academy graduates in the past five years. No academy players looking like making the grade currently, with the exception of Hickey who came through at Celtic. 

Put him on gardening leave until his contract runs out. Whatever value being added by him in this period is substantially outweighed by the negative impact of having him hanging around. 

Stedel is in charge of the first team and does not report into Levein.

McPhee is doing video analysis and helping with transfers and by the sounds of things not anything to do with coaching.

Levein has nothing to do with the first team and only involved in the youth set up.

Levein and McPhee will not work alongside a Sporting Director.

We are looking for a Sporting Director.

Everyone needs to calm the **** down.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

We should have Stendel and his two trusted assistants instead of the two utter losers who have made us an absolute laughing stock.

You really need to set your priorities in life if this is making you that angry. That’s a genuine sentiment by the way, you’re doing yourself and those around you no favours if you’re letting this affect your attitude and life.

Also, Stendel has been here ONE DAY. Who’s saying his assistants aren’t joining? I think it’s pretty accepted at least one is and the only debate is if it’ll be one or two. The Barnsley ‘rights’ situation as well as a German and an Englishman having to discuss change of country with their families (if they have any kids they’ll be young) means it may not be a straightforward task.

You need perspective first, but you also need patience. ONE ****ING DAY! Calm doon.

2 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Shambolic situation. Levein shouldn’t be kept on in any capacity and I fail to see which areas of the “football department” he’ll be able to add value to. 

Throughout his spell:

Recruitment: Woeful, leaving us with an expensive squad on long term contracts sat joint bottom of the league. 

Results: Less said the better

Style of play: brutal 

The Academy: no significant fees generated from academy graduates in the past five years. No academy players looking like making the grade currently, with the exception of Hickey who came through at Celtic. 

Put him on gardening leave until his contract runs out. Whatever value being added by him in this period is substantially outweighed by the negative impact of having him hanging around. 

Spot on. Why anyone would want this throwback anywhere near our youth players is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

I am just happy that the club is being run in a way that saves us throwing cash about in a silly way. We ha e just appointed a new manager who I would reckon will have cost  us a bomb. I have no problem with Levein continuing to see to the academy and deal with other peripheral matters behind the scenes until his contract  is concluded. Putting him on garden leave would have meant continuing to pay him for doing nothing while having to pay someone to do his job. For the Levein Haters, there is no doubt that he will be gone in the summer.

Fair enough mate. Thanks for the reply. I have my doubts on Craig’s leaving in the summer but only my suspicious mind.

Can’t quite shake the feeling that every coach and manager remaining at the club in one role or another is far from good.

3 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

McPhee is doing video analysis and helping with transfers and by the sounds of things not anything to do with coaching.

Levein has nothing to do with the first team and only involved in the youth set up.

Sounds like both CL and AM are entirely dispensable then. Might be best all round if they left entirely.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Fair enough mate. Thanks for the reply. I have my doubts on Craig’s leaving in the summer but only my suspicious mind.

Can’t quite shake the feeling that every coach and manager remaining at the club in one role or another is far from good.

The coaching situation does not sit well with me either, however I think that will be sorted out by the new manager. Strikes me that he won’t accept poor standards. 

Just now, Deevers said:

The coaching situation does not sit well with me either, however I think that will be sorted out by the new manager. Strikes me that he won’t accept poor standards. 

I hope he won’t. Let’s hope he gets the support from all staff still at the club. I’d hate to think of a backstabbing scenario happening.

7 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Finally a sensible post.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Sounds like both CL and AM are entirely dispensable then. Might be best all round if they left entirely.

We have to pay them until their contract is up.

We need someone to do video analysis so why not utilise McPhee? If money was no option then yeah, punt him but I'd rather we put him to work then paying him to sit on his hair.

Levein is more contentious, I get that, but it sounds like there are projects to finish, away from any first team harm that will take him either up to the end of his contract or until a SD is appointed. 

Stendel is in charge of the first team and going by his presser yesterday I would expect his coaching staff to join him. Whether that is now, in January or at the end of the season.

Just now, E6 Inc said:

We have to pay them until their contract is up.

We need someone to do video analysis so why not utilise McPhee? If money was no option then yeah, punt him but I'd rather we put him to work then paying him to sit on his hair.

Levein is more contentious, I get that, but it sounds like there are projects to finish, away from any first team harm that will take him either up to the end of his contract or until a SD is appointed. 

Stendel is in charge of the first team and going by his presser yesterday I would expect his coaching staff to join him. Whether that is now, in January or at the end of the season.

Aye I see your point. Hope you’re proven right. I suppose, as I’ve said earlier in the thread, I’m just a bit amazed that all previous staff are still at hearts, and Stendel hasn’t got an assistant in place. Just seems a strange set up and not a particularly good one.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Aye I see your point. Hope you’re proven right. I suppose, as I’ve said earlier in the thread, I’m just a bit amazed that all previous staff are still at hearts, and Stendel hasn’t got an assistant in place. Just seems a strange set up and not a particularly good one.

I would image that is something to do with the Barnsley fallout and I really do think at least the other German lad will turn up soon.

Stendel is happy, that's the main thing. He wouldn't be here if he wasn't.

18 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Yeah, but what exactly does he do with the academy  that Roger Arnott can't do ? 

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You really need to set your priorities in life if this is making you that angry. That’s a genuine sentiment by the way, you’re doing yourself and those around you no favours if you’re letting this affect your attitude and life.

Also, Stendel has been here ONE DAY. Who’s saying his assistants aren’t joining? I think it’s pretty accepted at least one is and the only debate is if it’ll be one or two. The Barnsley ‘rights’ situation as well as a German and an Englishman having to discuss change of country with their families (if they have any kids they’ll be young) means it may not be a straightforward task.

You need perspective first, but you also need patience. ONE ****ING DAY! Calm doon.

He's more angry like the the majority that Levein is still getting power at our club he should have been out on his arse she seems to be using hearts to give jobs to everyone around her from her boyfriend down to her brother it makes her look weak and powerless to make the right decisions, I'd like to see what happens when the contacts run down wouldn't surprise me if they are kept on which would be taking the piss out of every support who pays their hard earned into the club

24 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

And other ‘stuff’ whatever that is.  

Despite his failure, he has a fancy new title again too. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised if a role is found for him in the Summer. 

Edited by Paolo

It should be simple. We have a new manager. Let the boy do his stuff without the shadow of Levein, McPhee and the cast of millions.

It really is a circus. 

Totally taken any good feeling away from the appointment of Stendel

30 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Daniel Stendel had other options. 

Daniel Stendel chose Hearts with the full facts of the situation laid bare to him.

Calm down.

42 minutes ago, Homme said:

Stendel identifies who he wants in January and McPhee goes out and gets them. 

What's the issue?

Austin has done well in the recruiting role in the past. 

It isn't going to be CL or McPhees players we bring in. DS will be well aware of what he signed up to. 

Stop gap till the end of the season and any lump sum saved from not paying these two off just now may just help DS get the players he wants next month. 

Anyway, the real work begins in the summer and CL, if not both of them won't be around then. 

With regards to signings, that is not how  I read it.  I read it, as DS would identify they type of player he needs, rather than who he needs.   And the failure that is AM, will go out and find that type of player. 

Edited by Paolo

1 minute ago, Forza Cuore said:

It should be simple. We have a new manager. Let the boy do his stuff without the shadow of Levein, McPhee and the cast of millions.

It really is a circus. 

Totally taken any good feeling away from the appointment of Stendel

It’s not an ideal situation. Still great that Stendel is here. Hopefully he’ll be strong enough to steer us in the right path even despite every single manager and coach, from the previous failed set up, still being at the club.

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

This is all becoming a bit weird to me. We’ve brought in a new manager who has either chosen or been told he has to (for the time being at least) work with the existing coaches. Hardly the ideal situation.

Along with that the previous manager and interim manager are both remaining at the club. 

So we’ve effectively sacked nobody. 

It’s far from ideal and it’s hardly paranoia to think the players have plenty people to whine and complain to if they’re not keen on the new training regime, new manager in general or the new tactics. Could easily lead to a scenario where Stendel feels isolated. 

This is key. CL clearly still holds so much sway over AB and IS untouchable. What if he doesn’t like what DS is doing. Too much possibility for undermining of the new manager by the previous failed regime. Unbelievable situation. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

EVEN NOW people making excuses for anything Budge does. There’s a culture of failure at Hearts which sadly extends to the support 

38 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I dont see any problem with that at all,Hearts fans are weird.

You see no problem with 5 of the biggest losers in our club's history responsible for 4 years of steep decline staying on whilst a new regime come in. One of which was seemingly sacked but obviously Budge lied as per usual about this.

It is like getting a new wife but asking your ex wife, her sisters and her mother to stay on and live with your new wife to help the marraige be a success.

Budge has no intention of getting rid of these losers. As long as she is there these losers will be.

I give Stendell 6 months before he quits.

August Landmesser
28 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

In a nutshell. 

We are not a cash rich club like you see down in England where you can get rid of all the staff in one fell swoop.  We need to let contracts run down and this takes time. The most important change has happened and the rest will follow.  Let's get behind our new manager and start making Tynecastle noisy again.

42 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:rofl:

NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Crazy, isn’t it.    Man who failed as manager as DoF is removed from roles but stays at club to do stuff, gets a new role working alongside his Assistant who also failed (twice), in what has been described as a ‘Sporting Director’ role. 

Meanwhile, the other failed coaches remain too.  

Edited by Paolo

39 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

**** KD, in all my years on here never seen you like this. This speaks volumes actually and really shows how serious shit is here.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Paolo said:

Crazy.   Man who failed as manager as DoF is removed from roles but stays at club to do stuff, gets a new role working alongside his Assistant who also failed (twice), in what has been described as a ‘Sporting Director’ role. 

Meanwhile, the other failed coaches remain too.  

IT’S ENTIRELY NORMAL

Just now, Papa John said:

We are not a cash rich club like you see down in England where you can get rid of all the staff in one fell swoop.  We need to let contracts run down and this takes time. The most important change has happened and the rest will follow.  Let's get behind our new manager and start making Tynecastle noisy again.

We could pay them to stay away from the club, i.e. Gardening Leave.   Probably do less damage, that way. 

The blind loyalty, and poor timing (this should have been done at end of season, like binning Cathro should have), could delay any impact this ‘new regime’ may have. 

Absolutely no problem with this, in fact I like it even more cos its short circuiting a lot of bananas on here :).

Only draw back is that it does give weirdos a stick to beat the club with, not that they need much.

Mon the Hearts!

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You see no problem with 5 of the biggest losers in our club's history responsible for 4 years of steep decline staying on whilst a new regime come in. One of which was seemingly sacked but obviously Budge lied as per usual about this.

It is like getting a new wife but asking your ex wife, her sisters and her mother to stay on and live with your new wife to help the marraige be a success.

Budge has no intention of getting rid of these losers. As long as she is there these losers will be.

I give Stendell 6 months before he quits.

Oh dear. Usual histrionic drivel from you. 

44 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a bit ridiculous to paint it as an either/or situation.

do you think it’s a good thing that all the previous managers and coaches are still at the club but Stendel has arrived on his own?

can you envisage any problems arising from that?

Agree it would be better if Stern, at least, had come in with him right away. I suspect however that they have agreed to give existing coaches a month to convince him they are worth keeping. Five games , let him see what they can offer. I’ll be amazed if there are not significant coaching and playing changes come January. Finance is undoubtedly at the root of it and I’d rather he had money for players in January than coaches.  Think all five of existing coaching team have contracts until next summer so all will be fixed by then. 

Not ideal but as its temporary and they wont be involved in picking the team etc I'm OK with it.

Levein hidden away looking after the bairns and Austin doing the paperwork etc.

Both their contracts are up in May anyway so my guess is that Ann feels Daniel needs some support for the next couple of months and the bonus is she doesnt need to pay out any compensation to CL or Austin. Win/Win.

We start winning and NOBODY will give a shit about this.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Austin Mcphee will oversee recruitment. Let that little gem sink in.

Yep, Goncalves, Lafferty, Smith, Whelan, Meschino - failures the lot of them. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, Goncalves, Lafferty, Smith, Whelan, Meschino - failures the lot of them. 

Best ignored, utter slaver.

Gordon Ramsay
10 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The photo in the sun today just sums up our club at the moment. A laughing stock!

The look on the other people behind Budge/Levein say it all.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5052579/hearts-ann-budge-craig-levein-new-deal/

****ing hell 😂

Levein showing the new manager around/Levein, Austin and Ann to sit down and chat about SD role/Austin to oversee recruitment. 

Is Cathro still here too somewhere, Ann? 

Great place to work though. Be as shite at your job as possible and then just get a new role created for you. Any jobs going, Annie? 

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Austin Mcphee will oversee recruitment. Let that little gem sink in.

I have.  He’s been involved in the recruitment of the only players in our squad who look up to it. 

Next.

Are folk really thinking this scenario is acceptable and conducive to a successful football club?

I'm as loyal as they come and love my club, but this is really taking the piss.

Honestly, I've never felt quite so detached from Hearts. 

When AB announced that CL was to be relieved of his duties as manager and DoF, AB said he would be working with the Executive Management Team. This looks like a continuation of that role in sorts !

There’s no howling at any celestial body to disagree with that and have an opinion that he should have been removed completely from any role.

I’m in that camp.

Just have to get on with it but don’t regard any dissent as the work of idiots.