• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Let's clarify this once and for all. I opine that the professionals know more about football than the typical population of a fan forum and that singles me out as someone who thinks themselves intellectually superior?

I opine that the professionals are better suited to appoint a football manager than the denizens of a football forum and that means I think myself intellectually superior?

You see I actually think the professionals in any field are the ones best suited to make the most important decisions in that field so I suppose that means I think myself intellectually superior on an Einsteinian level?

Nothing is frustrating for me. That's your own which wont be projected on to me no matter how much you try to tell me I don't stalk you or anyone else across threads with baseless nonsense about superior intellects. That would be you in your apparent frustration. Just forget me and my stupidity regarding professionals being the best suited to make the imporant decisions in any field. You will soon fine yourself infinitely less frustrated.

You can give an opinion without constantly calling everyone who doesn’t agree with the professionals you agree with stupid. Either by directly or sarcastically calling them stupid. Amounts to the same thing. 

VagabondJambo
15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Nice to see a bit of informed comment. 

The ignorance surrounding the English Championship never ceases to amaze me. 

Warnock has an eye for a player,  he likes to be on the front foot,  that Cardiff team 2 years ago was particularly impressive considering there were far better teams on paper. 

But the single biggest thing I like about him.

His enthusiasm is infectious,  allied to his honesty with players I think he would be a fantastic choice for a good couple of years. 

The academy is for the Sporting Director to manage. Our next appointment say in 21 or 22 would be better off I believe for Warnock's legacy 

I agree with every one of your posts, Sir, about Warnock.

I also wish others on here would be reminded about your comment on the Sporting Director / academy.

If it is true that he is about to be interviewed, this is the best piece of news we've had re. our next manager.   As I mentioned in a previous post, his savvy, his achievements, his personality, his bluntness, his "get the OF" attitude, his "no nonsense" approach in the dressing room, are among the many tremendous assets he will bring to us.  He is a winner.

2.5 - 3 years would be viable for a contract - not just a short-term one.

Warnock is head and shoulders above any other candidate, and hiring him as our manager would be a quantum leap from anything we have ever done or experienced for a very long time.   A great statement for Hearts to make to Scottish Football.

Fingers crossed, we hire Warnock!

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

36 minutes later

Neil Warnock

5/4

Stuart McCall

4/1

Austin MacPhee

8/1

Steve Cotterill

9/1

David Weir

10/1

John Terry

10/1

Steve Robinson

10/1

Newspapers print utter guesswork BS in their rags then the bookies change their odds. 

Nobody is in the know other than Ann.

Tennant's  6's
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Absolutely. Giving me confidence we will be heading in the right direction. 

Sports Director has the job of working with him to getting the club into Europe and then aligning the playing staff for a  new manager,  potentially Naismith,  moving on from there.

Liking the sounds of that. 

Given the shambles that we've endured in recent seasons, maybe having Warnock to get everything in shape again, ready perhaps for Kirk or Naismith to then take over in a couple of seasons time. 

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

I also wish others on here would be reminded about your comment on the Sporting Director / academy.

If it is true that he is about to be interviewed, this is the best piece of news we've had re. our next manager.   As I mentioned in a previous post, his savvy, his achievements, his personality, his bluntness, his "get the OF" attitude, his "no nonsense" approach in the dressing room, are among the many tremendous assets he will bring to us.  He is a winner.

Warnock is head and shoulders above any other candidate, and hiring him as our manager would be a quantum leap from anything we have ever done or experienced for a very long time.   A great statement for Hearts to make to Scottish Football.

Right I’m on this train.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You can give an opinion without constantly calling everyone who doesn’t agree with the professionals you agree with stupid. Either by directly or sarcastically calling them stupid. Amounts to the same thing. 

It’s sad. There’s a lot of people on this forum with a decent point of view and can be insightful.  They’ve also clearly had a background in the game too at some level.

Its like professionals get everything right, so us amateurs should just shut up. 😬

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Well frankly I have mentioned no one specifically and i'm not going to change my opinions or the manner in which I present them to suit you or anyone else for that matter.

It is stupid to give any justifiable level of credibility to fan forum chatter which conflicts with the professional opinion. If you disagree with that then simply be confident in your superior intellect. 

If that frustrates you which apparently it does while you try to futilely project your frustration on to me too bad.

Like I said you just you forget about me and all your frustrations will quickly dissolve. Put me on ignore. Believe me that wont frustrate me either. 

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

You’ve never read kick back? We would 100% fall out with each other over everything. United we’re not 

I don’t think it’s just kickback, I’m talking about the fans as a whole.

Lots of issues which the fan base seem to disagree on. As great as foundation of hearts is I think it’s given some fans a platform to be more opinionated and outspoken to how the clubs run, IMO more so than any other team up here. 

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

At first I really liked the sounds of Stendel, but looking at his lack of experience, and perhaps temptation to head off pronto if he did do well.

Cant see Warnock doing that, not at his age. 

This would maybe be like one final challenge, to get Hearts back to where we all expect them to be. 

And his interviews/ team talks would be night & day compared to Leveins 

I'm definitely aboard the Warnock bus.   Especially if it involves Naismith doing his coaching badges and apprenticeship over the next 3 years.

Warnock represents the ideal model of 'big name' manager.     Vast experience at high levels in England.     Genuine willingness to view Hearts as a different challenge.    Wont be trying to use it as a stepping stone.     Safe pair of hands,   without limited ideas.

Fully on board.

VagabondJambo

Agree!

i don’t want us to be used as a stepping stone for someone’s next job.

What a final legacy that would be for Warnock’s career - Scottish champions 2020-21!!

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

This is the type of post that does my head in. You’re accusing the club of ignoring the fans wishes to get Stendel.

How do you know Stendel didn’t tell the club to piss off? 

You keep getting annoyed with people posting on a messaging board then 😂 

Doesn’t help that you’ve totally missed the point of my post which was pointing out that differing opinions of the fan base. My point had nothing to do with Stendel, I was merely pointing out he seems to be the individual that the majority of fans want.

Folk turning their nose up at Warnock ffs :lol:

Aye he'd come in and rip up our amazing plan to play silky football from the kids up to the first team

This interview with Shaun Derry is interesting as he knows Warnock very well indeed and I wonder if he knows something but couldn’t say too much:

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Too many people looking for this magical manager who lasts 20 years and is going to forge a style Hearts fans have never seen before.  Leading to umpteen titles and cups.

I’d love nothing better than that but this is the real world. I really do want my club to find a way to go to a new established level, I do like them “thinking out of the box” but we tried to think out the box with Cathro.  

Give me someone right now who knows how to lift a club from players to fans.Touch of old school in that respect but knows how the game needs to be played. We are at a low ebb. It’s square one again. 

Totally agree. But even then all recruitment is a risk. The next manager could come with an amazing pedigree and do nothing or vice versa.

Its more the contradicting manner of a lot of the posts. With certain posters being overly critical regarding candidates who have merely been mentioned in the press and then saying they want another candidate which is an extreme of the person they’ve just slated.

Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

Totally agree. But even then all recruitment is a risk. The next manager could come with an amazing pedigree and do nothing or vice versa.

Its more the contradicting manner of a lot of the posts. With certain posters being overly critical regarding candidates who have merely been mentioned in the press and then saying they want another candidate which is an extreme of the person they’ve just slated.

I’m just glad the Levein era is over. The future is unwritten.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

This interview with Shaun Derry is interesting as he knows Warnock very well indeed and I wonder if he knows something but couldn’t say too much:

Absolutely correct. The Sala tragedy he admitted had taken it away from him at Cardiff. 

A fresh start was what he needed. 

He hinted heavily in September,  he has left his position at Cardiff a good 6 weeks earlier than planned,  by Cardiff anyhow. 

Remains to be seen,  the awful tragedy has taken away his enthusiasm completely,  but he's genuine and if he thinks it's not right he walks away 

Byyy The Light
24 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

You keep getting annoyed with people posting on a messaging board then 😂 

Doesn’t help that you’ve totally missed the point of my post which was pointing out that differing opinions of the fan base. My point had nothing to do with Stendel, I was merely pointing out he seems to be the individual that the majority of fans want.

It annoys me because the hard of thinking take posts like yours and go...the fans wanted Stendel and dictator Budge didn’t even approach him. She hates the fans, a blind monkey could see that’s who the fans wanted and the club didn’t even consider him. That’s how it will be spun on social media. 

I got the point you were trying to make, it’s how it was worded that got my back up. I’m being over sensitive as all you can see at the moment all over social media is Hearts fans sticking the boot in to the club. They really are fecked if they do and fecked if they don’t. 

59 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Warnock,McCall and McPhee as SD

My thinking would be Warnock, McPhee with Weir as SD. Keeping the seat warm for Naismith in 18-30 months time. 

4 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

It annoys me because the hard of thinking take posts like yours and go...the fans wanted Stendel and dictator Budge didn’t even approach him. She hates the fans, a blind monkey could see that’s who the fans wanted and the club didn’t even consider him. That’s how it will be spun on social media. 

I got the point you were trying to make, it’s how it was worded that got my back up. I’m being over sensitive as all you can see at the moment all over social media is Hearts fans sticking the boot in to the club. They really are fecked if they do and fecked if they don’t. 

Edited by soonbe110

2 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Warnock will bring a bit of passion but his style of football is no different than Leveins.

His formations and tactics are not baffling to players though.The old style of Levein's tactics would never have seen is in the mess we are in it was simple but effective.

I don't know if it will be Warnock and I actually have no preferred candidate.

If it's Warnock and he improves results then fair enough. But if it's Warnock be prepared for more of the same type of football so many have been complaining about and especially so against the OF.

This is a quote from an article on the Cardiff style of play under Warnock.

This is not a side who will win prizes for aesthetics.

Only Burton, who were relegated, Bolton and Millwall had a lower possession rate. Nobody played fewer passes, nobody completed fewer passes and nobody played fewer passes in the opposition half.

Nobody won more aerial duels, nobody had more efforts on goal from set pieces, only Bolton committed more fouls.

51 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

48 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Right I’m on this train.

This for me. I’m on the Warnock train. 

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

My thinking would be Warnock, McPhee with Weir as SD. Keeping the seat warm for Naismith in 18-30 months time. 

Stuart McCall will be involved. 

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

This isn’t what I want tbh.

He’s a right little Rangers prick.

Edited by DH1986

LarrysRightFoot
16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

If it is Warnock he will want someone he trusts and knows the Scottish game with him. 

We could do worse than McCall (as an assistant). He’s very much a Rangers man though which is a slight worry - still think he’d be a good assistant though.

People forgetting that warnock has just walked away from a vastly superior Cardiff team he couldn't get playing? Cardiff 12 points behind top of the league guy has been backed by boards every were he has went he spent £14.23m in transfers this season going out they sold £9.81m. 

Warnock has been a good manger in the past someone that can rejuvenate a dressing room but at 70 year old he is getting on a bit he would make a terrific DOF or sporting director certainly a man that demands respect whatever happens if he becomes manager I'll back him think he is on the decline now though 👍🇱🇻

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Another week of this pish and then we unveil Robinson. 

Shorter in the betting again,  suggest an approach is imminent 

21 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

If it is Warnock he will want someone he trusts and knows the Scottish game with him. 

We could do worse than McCall (as an assistant). He’s very much a Rangers man though which is a slight worry - still think he’d be a good assistant though.

I tend to agree with that.  All managers and players support teams to be fair. I don’t think he will be back at Ibrox anytime soon so it isn’t a worry for me. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Shorter in the betting again,  suggest an approach is imminent 

Warnock returns from holiday today, it’s probably why they have shortened dramatically. 

Shanks said no

Based on absolutely nothing but guess work

McPhee - Sporting Director

Warnock - Manager for 8-20 months

McCall - Assistant and progression to Manager if successful (Warnock was his manager for years at SU)

Naismith - gets his badges and moves on to AM when above progress

Ann likes her continuity plans

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

McCall - Assistant and progression to Manager if successful (Warnock was his manager for years at SU)

I like this. 

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

A bit like a boot room succession system, maybe a 5 year plan perhaps. Would be a new direction for us but worth considering?

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Well frankly I have mentioned no one specifically and i'm not going to change my opinions or the manner in which I present them to suit you or anyone else for that matter.

It is stupid to give any justifiable level of credibility to fan forum chatter which conflicts with the professional opinion. If you disagree with that then simply be confident in your superior intellect. 

If that frustrates you which apparently it does while you try to futilely project your frustration on to me too bad.

Like I said you just you forget about me and all your frustrations will quickly dissolve. Put me on ignore. Believe me that wont frustrate me either. 

You talk about ‘fan forum chatter’ like it is one voice. Hearts fans are a diverse bunch with lots of different views on football, hearts and tactics etc. 

If professional opinion is so important to you then why do you hold some professional opinion in such high regard yet completely ignore other professional opinions that don’t suit your viewpoint. 

I’m not frustrated, yet another thing you’ve simply made up. I won’t be putting you on ignore, because despite your intolerance of other posters views I actually think you raise some decent points. The way you debate those points is what I take issue with  

Edited by GinRummy

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s sad. There’s a lot of people on this forum with a decent point of view and can be insightful.  They’ve also clearly had a background in the game too at some level.

Its like professionals get everything right, so us amateurs should just shut up. 😬

agree with every word 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

The media are taking their time putting it out there, aren't they. I've hung on long enough. 

Going to have lunch now.

Enjoy.  

Lots of chat on yer old social media that Warnock has met Budge at Tynecastle today. This is all well and good apart from the fact that the interviews have been taking place at a solicitors office not Tynie.

Italian Lambretta
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Lots of chat on yer old social media that Warnock has met Budge at Tynecastle today. This is all well and good apart from the fact that the interviews have been taking place at a solicitors office not Tynie.

Warnock is such a likeable character If he has indeed met ann budge today then i think the job will be his. 

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

They maybe met at Tynecastle and moved on to the solicitors office for the interview. 

Parking in town is a real ******* so it makes sense to car share.........