Odds on next manager

DB-14

LarrysRightFoot
30 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Warnock will bring a bit of passion but his style of football is no different than Leveins.

He’s a bit of a dinosaur yes. Difference is his teams attack. It’s industrial and direct (Wimbledonesque maybe). Likes wingers.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

53 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This is going to end in tears for most I think. From what I can see the only appointment which would appease most of the fans is Stendel and he’s not even being considered. 

I don’t remember our fans ever being this divided. 

You’ve never read kick back? We would 100% fall out with each other over everything. United we’re not 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

He could be a very decent short term answer with maybe his number 2 learning the trade to take over at the end of the season? 

I was thinking this earlier, warnock with freedman as no.2, warnock until the end of the season then Dougie freedman to take over. They probobly know each other well from crystal Palace days 

8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Mitch is an adult......right ?

Physically, yes. Mentally, one for the dubious goals panel. Think Harry Kane is trying to claim his brain just now ...

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

He’s a bit of a dinosaur yes. Difference is his teams attack. It’s industrial and direct (Wimbledonesque maybe). Likes wingers.

sounds great, I’m sure the kids we are investing million in will be delighted 😆 

LarrysRightFoot

Another name not previously mentioned on KB (I don’t think) in the hat.

Feom the BBC gossip column- 

Hearts have held discussions with former West Bromwich Albion and Preston North End manager Alan Irvine about the vacancy at Tynecastle, while the Edinburgh club are likely to approach Motherwell next week for permission to talk to Stephen Robinson. (Daily Mail, print edition)

Warnock would be an incredible appointment for us I am sure. Spent a huge amount of time managing in England at the highest level with unfancied teams. I think he would relish coming to one of the bigger teams in Scotland.. would be happy with this as I am sure we would win alot more then we lose under his watch.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This is going to end in tears for most I think. From what I can see the only appointment which would appease most of the fans is Stendel and he’s not even being considered. 

I don’t remember our fans ever being this divided. 

This is the type of post that does my head in. You’re accusing the club of ignoring the fans wishes to get Stendel.

How do you know Stendel didn’t tell the club to piss off? 

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You look like one of them this morning. 

Warnock is actually flexible. He fits the scenario to his team's and he is about attacking. 

He usually leaves clubs in a better state than he found them and if he thinks its stopped working he is honest enough to leave .

I would think you need a lot more research 

I think it’s you who needs to do the research, his team are hard working but filled with power, he likes to get it forward quickly and get support runners around a big forward.  Pretty much his own words from talk sport and backed up entirely by observations from his most recent role at Cardiff.. he’s the sort of manager you appoint in a relegation fight for 6 months 

90% of our games at tynecastle we are faced by teams who sit in and defend deep, we should only ever be playing defensive counterattack against the old firm in glasgow.. he’s the exact opposite of what we need and what our academy is supposedly working towards

🦖 

Edited by kingantti1874

3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Another name not previously mentioned on KB (I don’t think) in the hat.

Feom the BBC gossip column- 

Hearts have held discussions with former West Bromwich Albion and Preston North End manager Alan Irvine about the vacancy at Tynecastle, while the Edinburgh club are likely to approach Motherwell next week for permission to talk to Stephen Robinson. (Daily Mail, print edition)

Wasn't Irvine mentioned last time around?

Can only hope a lot of these names are guesses by the media as it's depressing so far 🤣

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

sounds great, I’m sure the kids we are investing million in will be delighted 😆 

Because the man who implemented the strategy throughout our academy had the first team playing the same way didn’t he?

We aren’t Ajax or Barcelona- maybe the long term goal is to achieve some overall footballing philosophy but at the moment we can’t be too precious with the first team. 

It’s early in the season but as it stands we are in a relegation battle. Warnock would be a short term appointment. Also he does give youngsters a chance.

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Except that is ballocks. Season they got promoted they played some brilliant counter attacking football 

They played very physically at a high tempo but that team were very big, that's why Paterson fitted in really well. I can't see how our midfield players we have could play like that. Anyway, why spend weeks recruiting a short term appointment, we want a manager and SD who work together with medium term plans for the team after getting through the shitfest that is this season. 

28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

agreed, if we appoint Warnock just shut down the academy.. what’s the point spending money  to teaching kids to play football properly then appoint a manager who’s only aim is to get them to launch it forward.. yep shut down the academy and let’s look for the next mediocre target man.. 

I thought we had some sort of football strategy 😆

What a load of nonsense... Warnock’s teams may be direct but can also play a bit.  I was a Sheffield United ST holder during Warnock’s years at Bramall Lane and his sides played with pace and width allied with a target man that could actually control a ball and win aerial challenges.

His midfield often contained Stuart McCall as a ball-winner, allied with Michael Brown, Michael Tonge (developed from the Academy and as lightweight a player as you’ll ever see) and Paul Peschisolido.

For a man with dinosaur thinking he was remarkably far-sighted in switching Phil Jagielka another youth from United’s Academy from a central midfielder to a ball playing centre back.

Warnock was also at Sheffield United during a period when they focused heavily on Youth Development bringing through not just Jagielka and Tonge as mentioned.  Kyle Walker signed for Sheffield United whilst Warnock was still there and Harry Maguire was making his way through the junior age group teams.

Edited by David McCaig

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

hope he’s wrong, I’ve a bit of a stiff neck and don’t fancy looking at the sky for the rest of the season

Quite a few on here appear to be in favour of him. It’s about results first & foremost, if him or any other manager starts to get them, that’ll do me. We can’t always play flair football like our Brazilian neighbours.

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

What a load of nonsense... Warnock’s teams may be direct but can also play a bit.  I was a Sheffield United ST holder during Warnock’s years at Bramall Lane and his sides played with pace and width allied with a target man that could actually control a ball and win aerial challenges.

His midfield often contained Stuart McCall as a ball-winner, allied with Michael Brown, Michael Tonge (developed from the Academy and as lightweight a player as you’ll ever see) and Paul Peschisolido.

For a man with dinosaur thinking he was remarkably far-sighted in switching Phil Jagielka another youth from United’s Academy from a central midfielder to a ball playing centre back.

Warnock was also at Sheffield United during a period when they focused heavily on Youth Development bringing through not just Jagielka and Tonge as mentioned.  Kyle Walker signed for Sheffield United whilst Warnock was still there and Harry Maguire was making his way through the junior age group teams.

Thanks for the info and not pandering to stereotype with regarding Warnock. 

Stendel is my first choice but would be delighted with the appointment of Warnock too. 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Because the man who implemented the strategy throughout our academy had the first team playing the same way didn’t he?

We aren’t Ajax or Barcelona- maybe the long term goal is to achieve some overall footballing philosophy but at the moment we can’t be too precious with the first team. 

It’s early in the season but as it stands we are in a relegation battle. Warnock would be a short term appointment. Also he does give youngsters a chance.

So we should give up on the academy then? Or should we try and implement the vision properly and try and build a sustainable future

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, sac said:

Quite a few on here appear to be in favour of him. It’s about results first & foremost, if him or any other manager starts to get them, that’ll do me. We can’t always play flair football like our Brazilian neighbours.

it’s not about flair, it’s about adapting to the modern game and playing effective football.. 

19 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Can anyone verify that -

Scholes

Holloway

Warnock

Have/are being spoken to and confirm how they know?

Just seen a couple of flying pigs over Tynie.

Not one person was moaning about style of play when Levein had us top of the league and unbeaten. 

It's all about results. Everything. 

And if it isn't then you're Hibs. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Thanks for the info and not pandering to stereotype with regarding Warnock. 

Stendel is my first choice but would be delighted with the appointment of Warnock too. 

I agree.

9 minutes ago, Homme said:

Not one person was moaning about style of play when Levein had us top of the league and unbeaten. 

:spoton:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think it’s you who needs to do the research, his team are hard working but filled with power, he likes to get it forward quickly and get support runners around a big forward.  Pretty much his own words from talk sport and backed up entirely by observations from his most recent role at Cardiff.. he’s the sort of manager you appoint in a relegation fight for 6 months 

90% of our games at tynecastle we are faced by teams who sit in and defend deep, we should only ever be playing defensive counterattack against the old firm in glasgow.. he’s the exact opposite of what we need and what our academy is supposedly working towards

🦖

Relegation fight? Record holder for most promotions. Research. 

He's not the opposite. I saw a lot of Cardiff 2 season's ago, not so much this. They were overpowering Aston Villa and Leeds,  teams who theoretically were better off. 

And not by launching balls into the box. 

Tynecastle you mentioned. Small pitch. Ball needs to get forward quickly. 

Warnock has also made use of some very small fowards. He of course had the tragedy last winter. 

You are making the classic case of pigeon holing him to his least pleasing style. 

Interesting he mentioned Mitrovic in this clip. Fulham play lovely football but yet use a stereo type Warnock striker. 

Much much more to Neil Warnock if you bother to look. My misfortune I have been following the Championship for 15 years now. 

The manager I least like to come up against is Warnock. He plays to his strength and that is not rigidly applied to hoofball. 

15 minutes ago, Homme said:

Correct. 

15 minutes ago, Homme said:

Scrap the entire youth set up then.

28 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

This is the type of post that does my head in. You’re accusing the club of ignoring the fans wishes to get Stendel.

My view of that would be what sort of football club appoints a manager by fan poll? Certainly not a top level professional club. The lunatics really would have taken over the asylum if fans made such decisions.

What next? Just don't bother with a manager at all? Get the fans to pick the team and strategy since they patently know better than the professionals?

Though in saying that witnessing some of the waffle around here you would tend to think that there are countless better managers babbling away on this forum than any they could possibly interview. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it’s not about flair, it’s about adapting to the modern game and playing effective football.. 

Oddly enough what Warnock has done to get multiple promotions. 

The next stereo type,  hoofball gets you out of the Championship?

It hasn't for a long period now 

LarrysRightFoot
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So we should give up on the academy then? Or should we try and implement the vision properly and try and build a sustainable future

Where on earth did I say give up on the academy? I said implementing a vision takes time.

The man who build our academy up from the ground has a completed different vision of how the first team plays to the academy teams - I’ve never been quite able to work that out.

At the moment we aren’t ready to have the first team flooded with youngsters playing no consequences football. 

I genuinely believe we are doing the right thing with academy and structure of the club. But at the moment we don’t have a legacy or ideology for the club that demands the first team coach plays a certain way.

Long term youth development is the only way we will compete however. It’ll just take time. As I previously said and mentioned by others Warnock does give youth a chance.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

My view of that would be what sort of football club appoints a manager by fan poll? Certainly not a top level professional club. The lunatics really would have taken over the asylum if fans made such decisions.

What next? Just don't bother with a manager at all? Get the fans to pick the team and strategy since they patently know better than the professionals?

Though in saying that witnessing some of the waffle around here you would tend to think that there are countless better managers babbling away on this forum than any they could possibly interview. 

Going by most of your posts, hearts fans really insult your intelligence. While your wee made up scenarios (para 2) are sometimes mildly amusing, wouldn’t you prefer engaging with people that match your vastly superior intellect and knowledge of football?

Must get frustrating for you is all.

29 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Good post mate.  Nice to read some myth busting facts.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, Jodami said:

They played very physically at a high tempo but that team were very big, that's why Paterson fitted in really well. I can't see how our midfield players we have could play like that. Anyway, why spend weeks recruiting a short term appointment, we want a manager and SD who work together with medium term plans for the team after getting through the shitfest that is this season. 

Of course they can,  but they don't always . Danny Ward is barely 6ft not a big man in the modern era. Appears to be his main man this season. 

Likes to play with width too. 

I like his attitude towards football. 

I reckon he would supply enough energy for 2.5 years to get us a platform 

40 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Exactly.  Strendel's stock is still very high despite being recently sacked.  Probably holding out for the next Championship vacancy.

If Warnock is the man, I like it. Could be that he takes over on a two and a half year deal whilst taking Naismith under his wing with a view to him taking over at that point? 

Byyy The Light
11 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Totally agree.  Although all the experts seem really great at saying who they don’t want. Not so many putting much forward in the way of alternatives.  Hiding behind the that’s not my job excuse.

Its all hearsay, Barry Anderson and Daily record waffle at the moment. Yet some are in full on meltdown mode already.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Nice to see a bit of informed comment. 

The ignorance surrounding the English Championship never ceases to amaze me. 

Warnock has an eye for a player,  he likes to be on the front foot,  that Cardiff team 2 years ago was particularly impressive considering there were far better teams on paper. 

But the single biggest thing I like about him.

His enthusiasm is infectious,  allied to his honesty with players I think he would be a fantastic choice for a good couple of years. 

The academy is for the Sporting Director to manage. Our next appointment say in 21 or 22 would be better off I believe for Warnock's legacy 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

If Warnock is the man, I like it. Could be that he takes over on a two and a half year deal whilst taking Naismith under his wing with a view to him taking over at that point? 

That is not the worst thinking 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That is not the worst thinking 

I think McCall is going to be involved in this.  That would make more sense as to why he’s been interviewed. 

Warnick would be an excellent appointment not only on the first team side of things but the wealth of experience he brings on all things football at the top level . 

Probably just what we need to sort out the whole footballing side of things before bringing in a younger guy . 

Def take that .

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Warnick would be an excellent appointment not only on the first team side of things but the wealth of experience he brings on all things football at the top level . 

Probably just what we need to sort out the whole footballing side of things before bringing in a younger guy . 

Def take that .

Absolutely. Giving me confidence we will be heading in the right direction. 

Sports Director has the job of working with him to getting the club into Europe and then aligning the playing staff for a  new manager,  potentially Naismith,  moving on from there.

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Warnock,McCall and McPhee as SD

If it was Warnock an assistant with knowledge of the game up here would be helpful I think.

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Going by most of your posts, hearts fans really insult your intelligence. While your wee made up scenarios (para 2) are sometimes mildly amusing, wouldn’t you prefer engaging with people that match your vastly superior intellect and knowledge of football?

Must get frustrating for you is all.

Let's clarify this once and for all. I opine that the professionals know more about football than the typical population of a fan forum and that singles me out as someone who thinks themselves intellectually superior?

I opine that the professionals are better suited to appoint a football manager than the denizens of a football forum and that means I think myself intellectually superior?

You see I actually think the professionals in any field are the ones best suited to make the most important decisions in that field so I suppose that means I think myself intellectually superior on an Einsteinian level?

Nothing is frustrating for me. That's your own which I can guarantee you wont be projected on to me

I don't stalk you or anyone else across threads with baseless nonsense about superior intellects.

That would be you in your apparent frustration. Just forget me and my stupidity regarding professionals being the best suited to make the imporant decisions in any field. You will soon fine yourself infinitely less frustrated.

Edited by JFK-1