Odds on next manager

DB-14

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Sorry but I don't need to let it go.  You would like me to, though.

It may only be opinion but do you seriously think we might not have won our last 2 games if we had in the starting X1?

Walker.

Naismith

Halkett

Souttar

Washington

Haring

If they, or most of them, had been present for more matches I would have expected to be sitting much higher in the league

We had to do without Naismith because....and to CL’s own admission.....we rushed him back through desperation.

That is bad management right there.

We had Walker, Halkett and Washington when we scraped a draw at home to Ross County.

We had Washington and Halkett available for several games where we dropped stupid points. And off the top of my head we’ve actually conceded fewer goals since Halkett got injured.

Our problems were always going to be creating and scoring goals this season, CL left us agonisingly short in quality in the final third of the pitch and this glaringly obvious failure is ultimately what has cost him.

Walker isn’t a winger.....hasn’t been for years. The only wingers in the squad are Mulraney and Morrison. Both distinctly average at best and that is probably being kind.

We have one real CF in Uche.....a guy who anyone sees play knows he isn’t a goal scorer. Our system is vital to him playing. When he’s out or off form we had nothing to replace him with.

Our goal scoring hopes we’re left hanging on Conor Washington....a guy who hasn’t scored double figures for four or five seasons.

Our only cash purchases have been Sean Clare and Craig Wighton and lets be honest.....you wouldn’t buy one for £50k even if you got the other free....yet we spent upwards of £250k on this pair.

A manager lives and dies by his signings and this is why CL is no longer manager of this club. He has recruited poorly.....no real thought outside the 11 probable starters.

The last contract he awarded a player was an extension to Colin Doyle....a guy he doesn’t trust to take over from the hapless Zlamal.

That alone was gross mismanagement of the budget and a sure sign he’d lost his way on a grand scale.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We had to do without Naismith because....and to CL’s own admission.....we rushed him back through desperation.

We had Walker, Halkett and Washington when we scraped a draw at home to Ross County.

We had Washington and Halkett available for several games where we dropped stupid points. And off the top of my head we’ve actually conceded fewer goals since Halkett got injured.

Our problems were always going to be creating and scoring goals this season, CL left us agonisingly short in quality in the final third of the pitch and this glaringly obvious failure is ultimately what has cost him.

Walker isn’t a winger.....hasn’t been for years. The only wingers in the squad are Mulraney and Morrison. Both distinctly average at best and that is probably being kind.

We have one real CF in Uche.....a guy who anyone sees play knows he isn’t a goal scorer. Our system is vital to him playing. When he’s out or off form we had nothing to replace him with.

Our goal scoring hopes we’re left hanging on Conor Washington....a guy who hasn’t scored double figures for four or five seasons.

Our only cash purchases have been Sean Clare and Craig Wighton and lets be honest.....you wouldn’t buy one for £50k even if you got the other free....yet we spent upwards of £250k on this pair.

A manager lives and dies by his signings and this is why CL is no longer manager of this club. He has recruited poorly.....no real thought outside the 11 probable starters.

The last contract he awarded a player was an extension to Colin Doyle....a guy he doesn’t trust to take over from the hapless Zlamal.

That alone was gross mismanagement of the budget and a sure sign he’d lost his way on a grand scale.

Excellent summary. 

Agree with every single word! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The key injuries are Souttar Haring and Naismith. 

When they play as the spine, Hearts have been very strong 

6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I've heard big Sam is in the hat. 

Doubt it to be true personally. 

Heard from who?

14 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Top post

31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The key injuries are Souttar Haring and Naismith. 

When they play as the spine, Hearts have been very strong 

Without doubt.

But we have 2 defenders in Halkett and Dikamona who, in theory, should have been capable of covering for Souttar to a reasonable level. 

The defensive problem early season was Berra.....he should have been dropped but the loyalty cost us goals when everyone from the stands could see our captain was horribly short of confidence......and pace.

We needed a back-up for Haring in January but it didn’t happen.....

We sign an adequate back-up in January and we probably don’t have the Haring problem we do today. 

The Naismith situation I already highlighted......desperation led to him playing v Ross County. No long term thinking here yet again,

Its been bad decision making for months and months...and months.

Edited by DH1986

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Is he their manager? Duh on me.

Nah, probably more attractive to him,  in his circles I would say 

7 minutes ago, sum31uk said:

If Austin masterminds a win this weekend (a big IF) I can see his odds shortening. 

Nostradamus reincarnated here people.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Without doubt.

But we have 2 defenders in Halkett and Dikamona who, in theory, should have been capable of covering for Souttar to a reasonable level. 

The defensive problem early season was Berra.....he should have been dropped but the loyalty cost us goals when everyone from the stands could see our captain was horribly short of confidence......and pace.

We needed a back-up for Haring in January but it didn’t happen.....

We sign an adequate back-up in January and we probably don’t have the Haring problem we do today. 

The Naismith situation I already highlighted......desperation led to him playing v Ross County. No long term thinking here yet again,

Its been bad decision making for months and months...and months.

No doubt about poor decision making. 

Multiply that with the key injuries too.

Poor Sean Clare. He has been in through all of the shit. Be interesting to see if a new manager gets anything out of him, or he is just pony

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

The last Robinson at hearts was well loved right enough👀🤔

Lets push the boat out here & bring moyes and weir in. Everton connections with our two Naismiths currently at the club-perhaps they could act as a go between in negotiations. 

Failing that my preference wouod be O’neill should NI not qualify for euros, Keane or bring back Robbie.

Got to laugh at the speculation re Robinson. Last night at 9pm our owner says it could take 4-6 weeks to get someone in. By mid morning today some papers and fans have it that we have made an approach for Robinson and are willing to pay the compensation required to get him. 
so who do we believe? Our owner or the media? If the Robinson stuff is true is she expecting to be negotiating terms with him for 27-41 days? 

18 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Robinson, Moyes, O’Neil or Ross please 👍🏻

Moyes, Jones or O’Neil for me. If we can’t get any of them then McInnes. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Moyes, Jones or O’Neil for me. If we can’t get any of them then McInnes. 

Mcinnes is on 700k and only recently signed a new contract. 

Not a chance for a multitude of reasons 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I don’t believe the rumours re his salary. And if they get many more tankings  from OF he is gone. Lots of sheep want him out. 

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Billy Davies and Tommy Sheridan as assistant now thats a quality pairing 😉

Very much the other way round with that pair.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t believe the rumours re his salary. And if they get many more tankings  from OF he is gone. Lots of sheep want him out. 

So why would he be good enough for us if he got sacked for OF tankings ?

Just now, Iamborg said:

So why would he be good enough for us if he got sacked for OF tankings ?

He would have us at least third every season and with a bigger budget should do better in cups. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Still a love affair at board level since they can't afford to pay him off. You may not believe it,  but he didn't turn his heroes down for a fiver

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Mostly because he's a James Hunt though.

:spoton:

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He would have us at least third every season and with a bigger budget should do better in cups. 

Hearts don't have a bigger budget than Aberdeen, do we?

Unless he's sacked, which I doubt he will be, he's not going to come to Hearts. 

Shanks said no

Someone has put money on Andy Kirk or Skybet are manipulating the market

Steve Robinson
11/8
David Moyes
4/1
Roy Keane
4/1
Jack Ross
6/1
Andy Kirk
8/1
John Robertson
8/1

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He already has a bigger budget and gets hammered by the OF .

27 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Hearts don't have a bigger budget than Aberdeen, do we?

Unless he's sacked, which I doubt he will be, he's not going to come to Hearts. 

It’s currently close and ours is growing whilst theirs is in decline. 

26 minutes ago, Iamborg said:

He already has a bigger budget and gets hammered by the OF .

Not bigger than ours over next three-five years. 

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Not bigger than ours over next three-five years. 

Good, hope that's the case. 

I want to see a Hearts that demand/ expect at least 3rd, fans, players, coaches & board at all. 

On the pitch performances need to start matching the off field performances 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Have you factored in their new stadium?

Have they broken ground? It also needs people to fill it. There current crowds are decreasing, corporate is in the tank. If it’s built it will be a white elephant on the Meadowbank scale. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Have they broken ground? It also needs people to fill it. There current crowds are decreasing, corporate is in the tank. If it’s built it will be a white elephant on the Meadowbank scale. 

Think the planning permission has been granted and it will be built for 22/23 season ...

43 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Someone has put money on Andy Kirk or Skybet are manipulating the market

Steve Robinson
11/8
David Moyes
4/1
Roy Keane
4/1
Jack Ross
6/1
Andy Kirk
8/1
John Robertson
8/1

Robbos odds shortening too. Can’t see Kirk getting it and Ann budge stated that looking for an experienced manager at hmsa 

56 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Seriously --That is more than Michael O , Neill who I think is on £600k

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Think the planning permission has been granted and it will be built for 22/23 season ...

That’s the current plan but still building their training centre. Might happen, might not. Fans still not happy. 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  He took a chance and it didn't pay off.  He would have been a genius if it had worked.  Oh, wait....

That was one game and early in the season(bedding in etc)

What games were these and who else was missing?  I assume you're praising CL for having shored up the defensive side of things to combat players missing.  Oh, wait again....

Walker, Washington, Naismith and Haring are all capable of scoring or creating goals but theyhave been missing.

True but Mulraney out at present (2 games we might have won).  It's great that Walker who is no longer a winger can give added power theough the middle, then - if he was fit.

Good strikers are 10 a penny, they grow on trees so so CL must be at fault for that

Every signing is a risk but I agree the 2 you mention have still to earn their corn.  How they would have performed had we had all of our top men available is anyone's guess.

He does indeed but some  of his latest signings (Walker, Washington Halkett) have spent more time on the treatment table than on the field.  That is bad luck.

Maybe but I, and probably you, will see him as a half decent squad keeper who is unlikely to be our main custodian.

While there is something in what you say in your final paragraph, it is a bit exaggerated and dramatic.

Shanks said no

More movement for Kirk

Steve Robinson
7/4
David Moyes
4/1
Roy Keane
4/1
Andy Kirk
5/1

Jack Ross
7/1
John Robertson
9/1

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

While there is something in what you say in your final paragraph, it is a bit exaggerated and dramatic.

You are just quoting excuses constantly.

At one point you’re going to run out of them and have to admit the squad was put together in an ill-thought out manner.

As a manager you need to be forward thinking. You need to be ready to cover most, if not all eventualities.

Craig Levein didn’t which is why he is no longer our manager.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson is Hearts' number one choice to succeed Craig Levein as manager, Sky Sports News understands.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11790/11851337/motherwell-boss-stephen-robinson-is-hearts-first-choice-to-become-new-manager

Personally I don't want another Robinson back at Hearts.

christ

2 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson is Hearts' number one choice to succeed Craig Levein as manager, Sky Sports News understands.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11790/11851337/motherwell-boss-stephen-robinson-is-hearts-first-choice-to-become-new-manager

Personally I don't want another Robinson back at Hearts.

I think he might turn the job down and hold off for an English club

Tennant's  6's
Just now, Newton51 said:

I think he might turn the job down and hold off for an English club

League 1 or 2.. Can't see him getting a better gig than Hearts just now.

Would still prefer a more ambitious appointment,  but can't see him turning us down