Andy Kirk

7/1

David Moyes

8/1

Jack Ross

8/1

sorry

Shanks said no

Robinson can gtf even before he gets near Tynecastle. Zero time for Ex Motherwell managers 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Seymour M Hersh

One thing is for certain no matter who eventually gets the job there will be a fair % on here unhappy and against the poor **** from his first day. It's the kickback way. :laugh:

Lee Bullens a Jambo and he did well as caretaker but he’s only been incharge of 15 games. On that basis it’s a no from me unless it was as Carlos Carvahals Assistant, no sure what he’s up to these days. 

2 hours ago, Heriot_jambo said:

Personally would rather a young coach with bright ideas and maybe an experienced assistant than a coach that did quite well 10 years ago who might just squeeze us into the top 6 by the end of this season. 

I'm all for a risk

You don’t take risks when you are joint bottom of the table in a relegation scrap without having won a home game in six months.

This team is dreadful, completely lacking in any self belief, in fact it might take months to change the negative mindset that has infected the club

a safe pair of hands is exactly what we need..,and he needs to bring in a couple of experienced pros who can pull these players together 

Also he needs to get rid of cowards and non triers like Meshino Clare and Bozanic, they were a disgrace, they hid for 90 minutes today... 

Edited by Jambo647

12 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Why not Robinson? He's a manager on the up, has Motherwell playing well, with far less resources than us. I wouldn't mind this. 

I’ve changed my mind after today’s insipid performance, a gob shite like Robinson is exactly what this club and the imposters in Maroon jersey need,  let him bring in his right hand man Lasley and his scout Martin Foyle too.... and FFS empty that awful coaching team of ours... every single last one

Edited by Jambo647

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Why not Robinson? He's a manager on the up, has Motherwell playing well, with far less resources than us. I wouldn't mind this. 

another one who started watching football in August 2019.  What about the 2 years of hoofball previously? 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

I’ve changed my mind after today’s insipid performance, a gob shite like Robinson is exactly what this club and the imposters in Maroon jersey need,  let him bring in his right hand man Lasley and his scout Martin Foyle too.... and FFS empty that awful coaching team of ours... every single last one

mom all for emptying our coaching team.. but not with similarly unqualified donkeys

Arthur Morgan
23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

another one who started watching football in August 2019.  What about the 2 years of hoofball previously? 

Sometimes it takes a while for a manager to get a team in place he's happy with. He's at Motherwell, who can't attract the players we could, so has probably had to be patient. Fact is they're 3rd now and looking good. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Sometimes it takes a while for a manager to get a team in place he's happy with. He's at Motherwell, who can't attract the players we could, so has probably had to be patient. Fact is they're 3rd now and looking good. 

this time last season we were top of the league.. 

fact is -80% of his time their he’s been a hoofball merchant, one dimensional looking to play to Curtis main then looked for ages to replace Curtis main.. he’s lucked into a team this season..

ps they didn’t look good when we battered them at home, they didn’t look good when Aberdeen pumped them 0-3 just last week and they didn’t look good yesterday, when by all reports Livingston were the better team. 

Arthur Morgan

True, but as I said at a team like Motherwell it's tough to build a good team and sometimes takes time. I don't believe he's lucked into a team, when does that happen? They aren't consistent but as he said a few weeks ago after the Aberdeen defeat, it's a young squad he's built, so they won't win every game. 

Who would you like to see brought in then? 

5 hours ago, Jambo647 said:

You don’t take risks when you are joint bottom of the table in a relegation scrap without having won a home game in six months.

Nah man look at recent history, Dundee sacked manager went for experience demoted and Ross County and hibs and beyond. How can we instigate change remain stuck with the past. New is better. 

Edited by Heriot_jambo

Dagger Is Back
27 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Neil McCann can **** off

This. Don’t need an ex player, certainly don’t need one that bums up any either of the Uglies 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

What today shows is the job and turnaround is too big for any “promising” manager currently working in Scotland.

The job is far too big for Robinson.

Also you'll remember that last time I recall the short list was quite an open process. We knew that Freedman and Davies for example had been interviewed. And Steve McLaren approached I think?

we might know next week where we stand.  

3 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

Neil McCann can **** off

I hate all that tippy tippy pish that McCann likes to play. I like Terry but he’s no the man. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't shoot the messenger, noticed that Steven Pressley is the most popular bet to date with around 60% of wagers placed. Paul Hartley is next probably around 25%.

Budge needs to be well warned about Pressley, just in case. Don't think I could handle the torment of week in week out discussing Pressley.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

What about Heckingbottom.... no need to pay compensation!!

Imagine the seethe if he was our new manager? There'd be riots in the Foundation Plaza :lol:

But imagine he came in, turned us around, and we gave Hibs it dry in the next derby, whilst he celebrated every second of it, giving it the GIRFUY at every opportunity. 😁

Agent Heckingbottom in "The Long Con"! 

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Don't shoot the messenger, noticed that Steven Pressley is the most popular bet to date with around 60% of wagers placed. Paul Hartley is next probably around 25%.

Budge needs to be well warned about Pressley, just in case. Don't think I could handle the torment of week in week out discussing Pressley.

How did you get that information?

36 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Imagine the seethe if he was our new manager? There'd be riots in the Foundation Plaza :lol:

But imagine he came in, turned us around, and we gave Hibs it dry in the next derby, whilst he celebrated every second of it, giving it the GIRFUY at every opportunity. 😁

Agent Heckingbottom in "The Long Con"! 

His team did put up a better show than our mob to be fair in the semis, had ra cellic rocking for about 15 mins at 2-4

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How did you get that information?

It's a graph on the oddschecker site 

Maroon Sailor
Steve Robinson 4/6
Jack Ross 7/2
Roy Keane 5/1
David Moyes 8/1
Austin MacPhee 10/1
John Robertson 12/1
Andy Kirk 14/1
Neil McCann 16/1
Gary Holt 20/1
Gary Naysmith 20/1
Michael O'Neill 20/1
Paul Hartley 20/1
Scot Gemmill 20/1
Shelley Kerr 20/1
Steven Pressley 20/1
Henrik Larsson 22/1
Lee Bullen 22/1
Nathan Jones 22/1
Robbie Neilson 22/1
Aidy Boothroyd 25/1
Ally McCoist 25/1
Chris Sutton 25/1
Daniel Stendel 25/1
Darren Fletcher 25/1
Malky Mackay 25/1
Owen Coyle 25/1
Paul Scholes 25/1
Chris Coleman 28/1
Ian McCall 28/1
Jon Daly 28/1
Steve Watson 28/1
Aitor Karanka 33/1
David Obua 33/1
Jose Gomes 33/1
Juho Mäkelä 33/1
Mike Newell 33/1
Neil Harris 33/1
Tony Pulis 33/1
Alex Neil 40/1
George Burley 40/1
Stuart McCall 40/1

Just now, vegas-voss said:

David Moyes has said he wants nothing to do with the job but still the bookies have him at 8/1 🤣

Bookies odds are based on people betting though. As long as people keep putting money on him, his odds won’t go out. 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Gordon Strachan, anyone? I do believe he’d go to Hibs before Hearts but I think he’d do a great job for us. 

Strachan is a very shrewd suggestion. He fits all Ann Budge's comments 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Ann Budge absolutely adamant there has been no formal or informal approach to Motherwell.

I don’t think she’s to type to lie.

TF for that

7 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Bookies odds are based on people betting though. As long as people keep putting money on him, his odds won’t go out. 

That's what I'm laughing at mate folk still sticking money on

11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Strachan is a very shrewd suggestion. He fits all Ann Budge's comments 

Indeed, fits her criteria to a tee. If money for compensation isn’t an issue then I don’t see getting him from Dundee United being a problem. I’m sure there would be some unhappy people with the appointment but I think we could do far worse than Strachan. Genuinely think he’d do a great job but do also think he’d prefer Hibs over us. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

David Obua 33/1 .....can someone excplain what 33/1 is for as it sure as heck isn't management. 

Perhaps its 33/1 that he cant turn 180 degrees in under ten seconds? 

Or 33/1 that he can control a ball, when receiving a pass, first time. 

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:
Steve Robinson 4/6
Jack Ross 7/2
Roy Keane 5/1
David Moyes 8/1
Austin MacPhee 10/1
John Robertson 12/1
Andy Kirk 14/1
Neil McCann 16/1
Gary Holt 20/1
Gary Naysmith 20/1
Michael O'Neill 20/1
Paul Hartley 20/1
Scot Gemmill 20/1
Shelley Kerr 20/1
Steven Pressley 20/1
Henrik Larsson 22/1
Lee Bullen 22/1
Nathan Jones 22/1
Robbie Neilson 22/1
Aidy Boothroyd 25/1
Ally McCoist 25/1
Chris Sutton 25/1
Daniel Stendel 25/1
Darren Fletcher 25/1
Malky Mackay 25/1
Owen Coyle 25/1
Paul Scholes 25/1
Chris Coleman 28/1
Ian McCall 28/1
Jon Daly 28/1
Steve Watson 28/1
Aitor Karanka 33/1
David Obua 33/1
Jose Gomes 33/1
Juho Mäkelä 33/1
Mike Newell 33/1
Neil Harris 33/1
Tony Pulis 33/1
Alex Neil 40/1
George Burley 40/1
Stuart McCall 40/1

Is this a list some folk made in a pub and they got drunker and drunker as the night wore on until David Obua appeared. Someone said that's ridiculous so they thought of some proper names again, then they couldn't think of anyone else, so Stuart McCall got added? 

If I had to choose a sort of realistic bit not really shortlist of folk who seem to fit our wish list

1. McNeill - would break the bank for

2. Stendel - German and all German coaches seem to be good

3. Neilson - could be our Eddie Howe, also went away to try his luck, largely failed and came back even better

4. Larsson - exciting, Gerrard-style appointment that could pay off

5. Robbo - low risk but unexciting, could get us through a tricky period though

6. Fletcher - similar to Larsson but less exciting

7. Aidy Boothroyd - worth it just to replay that mazy dribble goal he scored for us, and seems to be a good coach

8. Neil - might have missed the boat there but could play the "come back to Scotland" card

9. Holt - the only current Premiership manager who interests me

10. Kirk - give the succession model one last go

1 minute ago, Deodato said:

David Obua 33/1 .....can someone excplain what 33/1 is for as it sure as heck isn't management. 

Perhaps its 33/1 that he cant turn 180 degrees in under ten seconds? 

Or 33/1 that he can control a ball, when receiving a pass, first time. 

11 minutes ago, lou said:

Makela and Obua are very random, I would have thought Lee Bullens name.would be quoted somewhere

This is why I’m not getting too excited about the odds.  If a random throw away £10 bet on Obua or Makela is enough to generate odds of 33/1, then clearly it’s an illiquid market.  

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is this a list some folk made in a pub and they got drunker and drunker as the night wore on until David Obua appeared. Someone said that's ridiculous so they thought of some proper names again, then they couldn't think of anyone else, so Stuart McCall got added? 

If I had to choose a sort of realistic bit not really shortlist of folk who seem to fit our wish list

1. McNeill - would break the bank for

2. Stendel - German and all German coaches seem to be good

3. Neilson - could be our Eddie Howe, also went away to try his luck, largely failed and came back even better

4. Larsson - exciting, Gerrard-style appointment that could pay off

5. Robbo - low risk but unexciting, could get us through a tricky period though

6. Fletcher - similar to Larsson but less exciting

7. Aidy Boothroyd - worth it just to replay that mazy dribble goal he scored for us, and seems to be a good coach

8. Neil - might have missed the boat there but could play the "come back to Scotland" card

9. Holt - the only current Premiership manager who interests me

10. Kirk - give the succession model one last go

We actually haven’t given the succession model a go yet....we haven’t promoted from within once since Neilson made the step up.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Interesting that both us and hibs are looking for managers at present. Fork in the road-we better get the preferred guy because we’re the bigger more successful club after all.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, DH1986 said:

We actually haven’t given the succession model a go yet....we haven’t promoted from within once since Neilson made the step up.

I was including Neilson but I take your point.