• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Coburg Hearts
39 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So they started the process today and before lunch, we have decided and are making an offer. Hahahahaha

If anyone believes every prediction the print media make on who our next manager is going to be, we are going to end up with about a hundred managers. 

Will be a laugh, though, reading the posts about which one is picking the team. 

59 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

For those wanting Robinson, did you only start watching Scottish football this season 😆 

Got to agree with you.

Robinson would be a sideways step at most for Hearts, we have the chance now to show real ambition and appoint someone like Moyes who along with Naismith Could transform our club. Think BIG please Hearts , it is what we deserve.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

When fans were wanting Levein punted there was a thread largely raving about Robinson

Now that Levein has been punted and Robinson May be in with a shout fans are going mental.

Come on people - we need to get a bit of a grip here and quit moaning about everything to do with the club. 

Personally, I didn’t want Robinson when he was last mentioned and I don’t now but at least I am consistent.

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again. At least half of the support will be ‘underwhelmed’ by our next appointment. 

I’d hope we all give the new man a fair shot at it, but just because he might not be everyone’s first choice doesn’t mean they’re unacceptable appointments. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

For those wanting Robinson, did you only start watching Scottish football this season 😆 

This is the concern for me.

29 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Nathan Jones at Stoke just been sacked.  I know some were touting his name to replace Craig.

He's been gone too long

40 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Holt basically bulldozes matches, albeit very well.

Livingston's success is down to Dave Martindale not Holt.   Due to Martindale's criminal record he will unlikely be a main man.

I'd rather see us go for some young European coach for example (not that I have any names in mind) than the same old names that get trotted out every time there's a vacancy in Scotland. 

If we approach Motherwell in the next couple of days it pretty much means Anne will just have spouted pish last night will it not ?

VagabondJambo
2 minutes ago, EH16 said:

Got to agree with you.

Robinson would be a sideways step at most for Hearts, we have the chance now to show real ambition and appoint someone like Moyes who along with Naismith Could transform our club. Think BIG please Hearts , it is what we deserve.

Exactly!

Where is our ambition?

Where is our imagination?

Robinson would NOT be a big, imaginative, or in any way ambitious appointment.

A highly-experienced and successful (I know, I know, there are blips) track-suit manager like Moyes, with our in-house on-field “manager/captain” Naismith, is exactly the type of appointment we should be looking at.

Do we want to be a mid-table team forever?  I agree with you, EH16, this is our great opportunity to think - and act - BIG!

C’mon Ann and the committee!

Given that Motherwell's budget is something like 8th or 9th highest in the league he has been performing to that if not slightly better.

Not an outstanding appointment but a solid one if it happens. He knows the league and seems to have an eye for a good player. They performed well at Tynecastle recently.

7th first year

8th second year

Lost to levein many times and every time they’ve been absolutely average at best.

has played good football “this season” but mainly a hoofball merchant that quite a few Motherwell fans aren’t bothered to see going..

this season is a flash in the pan.

Pretty much sums him up for me. Stats speak for themselves. A very meh appointment but one that would fit in with what I heard last week about the plans not being to everyone’s liking. I’d give him every chance but not an exciting choice for me

Gordon Ramsay

Motherwell put in one of the worst performances I can remember from an opposition side in the League Cup game we won there. 

An extremely bland, lazy appointment if this is who we're looking at. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Selkirkhmfc1874

We should do a rangers on rangers and ask for permission to speak to Gerrard about our vacant position ! That would be quite funny

44 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Don't know about Robinson but whoever scouts their strikers has done a good job over the past 4 or 5 years.

I wonder if they recommended the signing of Connor Sammon on a season long loan.

1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

Hearts are making an official approach to Motherwell for Stephen Robinson as they look to appoint him as their new manager, Football Insider understands.

The SPL club have set their sights on the 44-year-old to replace sacked Craig Levein and are ready to pay the £120,000 compensation needed to prise hm from Fir Park.

Looks likely he is the one 

PLEASE YES!

7 minutes ago, flem said:

This would be a dreadful appointment. Sincerely hope this is not true.

Why?

Forever Hearts
26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

for talking to other clubs, not because of the job he did.. 

At the tribunal the St Mirren chairman said Ferguson had zero managerial ability. Talking to other clubs wasn't the only reason he was sacked. 

32 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

If, given the infrastructure at present Robinson is the height of our ambition, every one of the board at Hearts needs emptied!!

This

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why?

Don't think he has achieved anything. Motherwell are no great team. We have even managed to beat them at fir park this season.

Would give him the benefit of the doubt if he is our choice but, not the right appointment in my opinion.

Just now, flem said:

Don't think he has achieved anything. Motherwell are no great team. We have even managed to beat them at fir park this season.

Would give him the benefit of the doubt if he is our choice but, not the right appointment in my opinion.

Who would you like?

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

At the tribunal the St Mirren chairman said Ferguson had zero managerial ability. Talking to other clubs wasn't the only reason he was sacked. 

At the time it was alleged to have told the chairmans wife to **** off and mind her own business when she tried to get her tuppence worth , at that point it became personal between Fergie and his chairman, and the chairman wanted Fergie  out.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
47 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Robinson is better than Levein. Not exactly inspiring though.

Really?

Would be replacing like with like IMO but without the contacts Levein has.

There would be new protests within 3 months IMO.

We wouldn’t get a change in style of football, we’d still have someone that shits it from the Old Firm - would be a hugely uninspiring appointment.

I’ll take the fact the Ross is second favourite as proof that the bookies don’t have a clue here.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another point mentioned elsewhere.

No longer a Director of Football. Should perhaps attract a wider pool of managers. 

New Sporting Director role seems to be separate doing things not in remit of manager like youth development.

The Director of Football was a position created by Levein for the benefit of Levein.

Delighted the position has been punted along with him!

Robinson would be a steady the ship type appointment. He’d get us Top 6 then  probably plateau around 4th or 5th.....which is obviously miles on from where we are now.

It be great to find someone who could take us beyond that within a season....which isn’t impossible.

Robinson would be my safe pair of hands option if we didn’t our first our second choice target.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, billythejambo said:

One Anne is enough thanks 

We don’t have an “Anne” so we should be ok. 

53 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I miss the “Levein oot” threads.

it could be replaced by Robinson oot threads. He could be another marmite manager.

Bridge of Djoum

Nice to see an unsubstantiated rumor causing the usual mob to pish themselves and further talk down the club. 

I don’t  think it’ll be Robinson. 

GorgieFifeLife

If Robinson is the level of manager we are after then we are once again being taken for mugs.  There is absolutely zero evidence that he can be a success at a club of our size and implement a better style of football.  Would be a gamble appointment and if we want a gamble I'd rather stick with Macphee.

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

To avoid paying a settlement. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesportsman.com/articles/no-regrets-when-alex-ferguson-was-sacked-by-st-mirren-on-this-day-in-1978.amp

its a different debate for another day

Is there any manager we could realistically bring in who would get widespread approval among the fan base? Robinson wouldn't be a super-exciting appointment, but I don't see any reason why he couldn't be a successful one. 

7th first year

8th second year

Lost to levein many times and every time they’ve been absolutely average at best.

has played good football “this season” but mainly a hoofball merchant that quite a few Motherwell fans aren’t bothered to see going..

this season is a flash in the pan.

Bar the league cup game at the start of the season everytime I've watched us play Motherwell home or away they've performed pretty well under his stewardship. Heard him speak a few weeks ago on das radio and enjoyed listening to him talk about football. Has track record isn't glorious but he realised that the hoofball wasn't working last season and changed their whole approach by the end of the season they were playing nice stuff with lots of clubs after there latest batch of academy graduates and a strong finish in the league unlucky not to make the top 6. Personally he'd be my choice but can see why you'd be a bit wary. Think Moyes would be excellent but cant see it as Craigs spunked all the cash on dross. 

alwaysthereinspirit
4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Give David Moyes whatever he wants.

Would Moyes come to Hearts to get his foot in the door at Parkhead?

I want nothing to do with any connections to the two @$$ cheeks.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Is there any manager we could realistically bring in who would get widespread approval among the fan base? Robinson wouldn't be a super-exciting appointment, but I don't see any reason why he couldn't be a successful one. 

why would he be a successful one, other than the start of this season has he ever done anything above average? Excluding a cup run which is luck of the draw as we well know? 

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

If, given the infrastructure at present Robinson is the height of our ambition, every one of the board at Hearts needs emptied!!

:greatpost:

8 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Would Moyes come to Hearts to get his foot in the door at Parkhead?

I want nothing to do with any connections to the two @$$ cheeks.

Would he not have to be successful at us for that to happen?

Absolute Scenes

Before we lose the plot, lets look for a minute - he knows the league, has a pretty decent record with Motherwell (fans are thick, so those wanting him out failed to see he has a pretty good win percentage overall), is a very passionate manager and would gain players respect quite easily I think, he would a great manager to have in matches like Derbies (imagine a last minute winner, I could see him doing a lenny plane in front of hibs fans). His previous record wasn't great at Oldham, but then what manager could we honestly afford who has had a consistently good managerial record, that isn't managing already at the top of football?

21 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Motherwell put in one of the worst performances I can remember from an opposition side in the League Cup game we won there. 

An extremely bland, lazy appointment if this is who we're looking at. 

That's one game the last few times we've played at Firpark they've been the better team. All opinions mind.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Who knows if this is true. If it is, seems like a hasty call

But in saying that, we do need to be fairly speedy because we fecking need results 

Can't argue that he's having a very good spell with Motherwell and bringing through young players to great effect but I would be underwhelmed if we got him

Edited by TattyBye

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

why would he be a successful one, other than the start of this season has he ever done anything above average? Excluding a cup run which is luck of the draw as we well know? 

Nothing is definite, but he knows the league and at least has Motherwell finishing where they should be (if he can do the same for us I'd take that as a start). I just don't know who we think we're going to bring in who is available in November and also a proven above-average manager at this level. We sign someone solid if unremarkable like Robinson, we sign someone promising but untried (see Cathro), or we sign a has-been. That is unfortunately our current market. 

20 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That actually makes depressing reading but it is what it is.  Don’t let our current position fool anyone, this is a fantastic opportunity to manage a great club.

Would be a dream move for a lot of managers.