Odds on next manager

DB-14

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Putting aside Moyes who would be a coup.. I really would like us do go for Daniel Stendel.. seems he was incredibly popular with the Barnsley fans.. near 50% win ratio as well.. 

Barnsley fans were singing his name last night and demanding the board resign and he is reinstated.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Barnsley fans were singing his name last night and demanding the board resign and he is reinstated.

yeah we should snap him up.. we are a far bigger more stable club than Barnsley.. think he’d do a great job

After the shambles of the last two appointments this one has to right and a cash needs spent to maximise the chances of that.

Robinson is surely a non starter, he could either get Motherwell into Europe or get them relegated imo. Neither would be a huge surprise. Would be a huge gamble on someone who has proved very little.

If we are to progress and live up to our potential we must be looking to be more ambitious in our appointment, make a statement and move forward.

Robinson ( or similarly unambitious appointment) could have us back where we were on Wednesday night by Xmas. That would irreparably damage Budge and I would hope she knows that.

Jack Torrance

Dunno if any have been mentioned already. Bit of boredom on my part so thought I'd join in with the suggestions. Any thoughts...

Luis Pimenta
Giovanni van Bronckhorst
Neil Harris
Massimiliano Allegri
Gennaro Gattuso
Mark Hughes

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Dunno if any have been mentioned already. Bit of boredom on my part so thought I'd join in with the suggestions. Any thoughts...

Luis Pimenta
Giovanni van Bronckhorst
Neil Harris
Massimiliano Allegri
Gennaro Gattuso
Mark Hughes

Van bronckhorst would be Intetesting. 

Mark Hughes is waiting for his next 3 year deal that he can get sacked after a year and get paid of. 

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

Luis Pimenta
Giovanni van Bronckhorst
Neil Harris
Massimiliano Allegri
Gennaro Gattuso
Mark Hughes

Interesting list. Be interesting into next week if any left field names apply (and if ofcourse becomes public knowledge)

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I'd like to see what Eduard Malofeev could do without the interference of Vlad. 

:awful:

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

David Weir supposedly interested in the job.

Sheffield United managerEdit

In June 2013, Weir signed a three-year deal to manage League One side Sheffield United.[40][41] Despite winning his first competitive game in charge, a 2–1 victory over Notts County, United struggled under his management and failed to win any of their following twelve matches, leading to growing pressure from the club's fans for Weir to be sacked.[42] After United were beaten at home by League Two side Hartlepool United, eliminating them from the Football League Trophy, Weir was sacked on 11 October 2013.[43]

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Sheffield United managerEdit

In June 2013, Weir signed a three-year deal to manage League One side Sheffield United.[40][41] Despite winning his first competitive game in charge, a 2–1 victory over Notts County, United struggled under his management and failed to win any of their following twelve matches, leading to growing pressure from the club's fans for Weir to be sacked.[42] After United were beaten at home by League Two side Hartlepool United, eliminating them from the Football League Trophy, Weir was sacked on 11 October 2013.[43]

Yeh, I know. I think we will have a few like this throwing their hat into the ring.  I hope those charged with finding the new manager are single minded in finding the very best option for us. After the last two “blips” we needs I done with some real gravitas to push us forward.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Deevers said:

Yeh, I know. I think we will have a few like this throwing their hat into the ring.  I hope those charged with finding the new manager are single minded in finding the very best option for us. After the last two “blips” we needs I done with some real gravitas to push us forward.

Trouble is who they want might play hard ball and demand an unrealistic package in terms of salary and length of contract.

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

Luis Pimenta
Giovanni van Bronckhorst
Neil Harris
Massimiliano Allegri
Gennaro Gattuso
Mark Hughes

van Bronckhurst supposedly being linked as Man City's next manager when Pep goes.

Jokingly mentioned Gattuso before. Think he's being linked to Roma though. Obviously can earn a lot more money elsewhere but his wife is Scottish and he wouldn't have any issues adapting, having been here before. Would love someone like him. Someone who wanted to win as a player and would have no fear of going to places like Celtic Park or Ibrox. Supposedly applied for the Hamilton job when Neil left.

It would just be great to think that people of that stature would even put their CV forward for a job like ours. 

I’ve been told from someone who has money on it and told me to put money on it and says he’s got a legit contact that the manager will be Andy Kirk....I’ve not put money on it because I’m hoping it’s wrong but he seems to be confident it’s 100%

3 minutes ago, cunny1874 said:

I’ve been told from someone who has money on it and told me to put money on it and says he’s got a legit contact that the manager will be Andy Kirk....I’ve not put money on it because I’m hoping it’s wrong but he seems to be confident it’s 100%

Assistant to Robinson, with Lasley staying at Motherwell and taking over there.

4 minutes ago, cunny1874 said:

Levein still at the club and Kirk as manager will go down well in here   

14 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Huv ye aye 

No, just came on here to post lies, as I have nothing better to do.  In the coming days and weeks you will find people will come on here and post rumours they have heard, all very strange, but feel free to ignore

4 minutes ago, cunny1874 said:

There is zero chance AB will take a gamble of this magnitude.

She needs a man who has been over the course before.....there will no risks taken here. Not a chance.

Shanks said no

Skybet latest 1030 Saturday, slight movement from last night

Steve Robinson
6/4
Roy Keane
4/1
Andy Kirk
5/1
David Moyes
11/2
Jack Ross
7/1
John Robertson
9/1

Selkirkhmfc1874
33 minutes ago, Deevers said:

David Weir supposedly interested in the job.

Name I mentioned on here couple days ago ! Apparently jim Jefferies has put his name forward

13 minutes ago, lou said:

No, just came on here to post lies, as I have nothing better to do.  In the coming days and weeks you will find people will come on here and post rumours they have heard, all very strange, but feel free to ignore

What’s your source?

12 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

What’s your source?

I don't have a source nor have I claimed to have one, friends and family telling me to put my money on him,as they have, they may well have sources, or it could be a shit rumour

Edited by lou

3 hours ago, munro9 said:

After the shambles of the last two appointments this one has to right and a cash needs spent to maximise the chances of that.

Robinson is surely a non starter, he could either get Motherwell into Europe or get them relegated imo. Neither would be a huge surprise. Would be a huge gamble on someone who has proved very little.

If we are to progress and live up to our potential we must be looking to be more ambitious in our appointment, make a statement and move forward.

Robinson ( or similarly unambitious appointment) could have us back where we were on Wednesday night by Xmas. That would irreparably damage Budge and I would hope she knows that.

Robinson knows the Scottish game and has a proven track record of bringing through young talent. He also has Motherwell punching well above their weight.

38 minutes ago, cunny1874 said:

Ann said at the shareholders meeting she wanted someone experienced. That rules Andy out. 

I can see us going for jack ross, due to his hearts connections, being available and likely to be fairly inexpensive, which would be a disappointing appointment.

Moyes would be interesting. I quite like Robinson as well. Keane is too much of a hot head and would fall out with everyone! A continental manager with different ideas might be good also. 

AlphonseCapone
5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

They're circulating, strongly. 

Does that just mean there are more guys in the pub talking out there arse than normal?

Can't wait to read all the, "I've heard..." roasters on here jumping on the bandwagon after one guy posts something 😂 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Does that just mean there are more guys in the pub talking out there arse than normal?

Can't wait to read all the, "I've heard..." roasters on here jumping on the bandwagon after one guy posts something 😂 

All I can say at this stage is that there are rumours, they are circulating and they are strong. 

More to follow....

A_A wehatethehibs
43 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Skybet latest 1030 Saturday, slight movement from last night

Steve Robinson
6/4
Roy Keane
4/1
Andy Kirk
5/1
David Moyes
11/2
Jack Ross
7/1
John Robertson
9/1

If Roy Keane and David Moyes are genuinely interested in taking the Hearts job surely there’s no way we can end up with the likes of Steve Robinson... surely we can’t be that stupid? The chance to raise the profile of our club with 2 of the biggest Scottish and Irish names in British football of the last 30 years? Vs some pub league guy who’s had a decent 6 months at Motherwell? Basically the Alan Archibald of today... where’s Archibald now... 

Just think of Roy Keane facing off head to head with Steven Gerrard... as Rangers and Hearts managers. If someone had been in a coma for a few years, they would think they were still dreaming, woke up in some alternate reality. Absolutely incredible entertainment and buzz something like that would bring to the whole of Scotland. 

I'd rather we followed the Lampard and Gerrard model and go for a successful ex-player who is just starting out in management.

Xavi Alonso (ex Liverpool & Real Madrid) is currently managing Real Sociedad B. He speaks fluent English and is extremely highly thought of.  

We may be a step down the ladder too far for him, but it's definitely worth a punt. 

14 minutes ago, teamof1958 said:

I'd rather we followed the Lampard and Gerrard model and go for a successful ex-player who is just starting out in management.

Xavi Alonso (ex Liverpool & Real Madrid) is currently managing Real Sociedad B. He speaks fluent English and is extremely highly thought of.  

We may be a step down the ladder too far for him, but it's definitely worth a punt. 

You could be right if his names Darren Fletcher 

Nelly Terraces
4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

They are far from happy he has gone & the fact he had pretty much all his best players sold from under him including their top scorer & also their player of the season. Their owners are total trumpets & they've pulled the rug from under Stendel in a big way.

This guy would be a VERY good shout. Though I'd take anyone who wants to play attacking, on the front foot, football!

Shanks said no
18 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

They are far from happy he has gone & the fact he had pretty much all his best players sold from under him including their top scorer & also their player of the season. Their owners are total trumpets & they've pulled the rug from under Stendel in a big way.

This guy would be a VERY good shout. Though I'd take anyone who wants to play attacking, on the front foot, football!

The BBC article when he was sacked is very rare

Daniel Stendel: Barnsley fans hold leaving party for sacked boss

Daniel Stendel guided Barnsley to promotion in May - but was sacked by the Tykes on Tuesday

Football fans can be a ruthless bunch, with a few bad results often all it takes for them to turn on their club's manager.

It's rare, then, that supporters are actually left disappointed to see a head coach sacked after an 10-game winless run that has left their side in the relegation zone.

And it's even more unusual for that manager to have a leaving party arranged by them.

But, one day after being dismissed by Championship strugglers Barnsley, Daniel Stendel was invited to spend an evening sharing a drink with dozens of Tykes fans at a pub in the town centre. The German was a hugely popular character at Oakwell, having guided the club to promotion from League One last season in his first campaign in English football. Stendel, who turned up at the Garrison pub with assistant Chris Stern, won 31 of his 66 games in charge - the third highest win ratio of any permanent manager in the club's history. "It's been a very emotional time for me," he told the Barnsley Chronicle. "What a lot of people have said to me is this - 'once a red, always a red'."

5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

50% win ratio is no good to us. He's been sacked for a good reason - not good enough

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, iansmith said:

50% win ratio is no good to us. He's been sacked for a good reason - not good enough

You do realise that of Hearts managers in the top division since Tommy Walker only Valdas Ivanauskas has achieved 50% and George Burley 75% after only 12 games?

kingantti1874

50% win ratio would be up there with the highest in our history 😂

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Pretty sure i heard on Talksport that he went for a bevvy after his sacking to a pub near the ground and was sitting chatting to all the fans for the evening and having a great night even after being sacked

The only teams in Scotland who have a higher win rate than this are the erse cheeks. 50% this season would have us on 16 points - double what we are on now. 

Plus, Barnsley as far as I can fathom, are one of the smaller Championship teams/have a smaller budget than lots of other teams in that division. 

Would be interesting to see what DS could achieve with the 3rd biggest team (fan base wise) in a division with the 3rd or 4th biggest budget . His brand of football certainly sounds promising although to know for sure, I’ll have to binge watch many previous Tykes games! 

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He can gtf.

👍

Thought Weir was a moaning faced prick at Rangers. Went right off him then.