Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Coburg Hearts
8 hours ago, nyron59 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Daniel Stendel sounds like a really interesting candidate.  If you dive deep into the Barnsley Fans Forum, it is clear that they were desperately disappointed that he was sacked.  His style of football is built on “aggressive, attacking, high pressing game”. He took Barnsley to promotion.  Seems that there are real mitigants for the weaker performance in the Championship, this season, not least the American Owners did not back him!  So these results should not be viewed in isolation.

Apparently, has brought back real excitement to Barnsley; he’s passionate and it’s easy to find clips of goal celebrations (akin to Klopp).  Has done a lot of great work in the community and made a great link with the fan base.  The German arrived in England with little command of English.  If you listens to interviews, he certainly has a decent grasp now.

For me, that’s some of the key criteria that I’d certainly like to see at the club.

Amidst a list of uninspiring names being bandied about as potential manager, we could do a lot worse than consider Daniel Stendel as a serious candidate.

Good first post.

12 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The BBC article when he was sacked is very rare

Daniel Stendel: Barnsley fans hold leaving party for sacked boss

Daniel Stendel guided Barnsley to promotion in May - but was sacked by the Tykes on Tuesday

Football fans can be a ruthless bunch, with a few bad results often all it takes for them to turn on their club's manager.

It's rare, then, that supporters are actually left disappointed to see a head coach sacked after an 10-game winless run that has left their side in the relegation zone.

And it's even more unusual for that manager to have a leaving party arranged by them.

But, one day after being dismissed by Championship strugglers Barnsley, Daniel Stendel was invited to spend an evening sharing a drink with dozens of Tykes fans at a pub in the town centre. The German was a hugely popular character at Oakwell, having guided the club to promotion from League One last season in his first campaign in English football. Stendel, who turned up at the Garrison pub with assistant Chris Stern, won 31 of his 66 games in charge - the third highest win ratio of any permanent manager in the club's history. "It's been a very emotional time for me," he told the Barnsley Chronicle. "What a lot of people have said to me is this - 'once a red, always a red'."

Jumped into the Barnsley website and had a good read about this guy the other day

The more I read about him the more it appeals. Style and philosophy of football and introducing youth, we know, will be of the utmost importance (I would assume) in terms of the recruitment criteria 

if I have got this bit right the new Sporting Director will be responsible for the Academy directly but the 1st team Manager will only be tasked with introducing and blooding the youngsters as he sees fit 

This guy Stendel and what the fans think of him is incredible. They absolutely idolise him. As per previous posts he hasn’t been backed by the owners and it looks like in a sense he has had the rug pulled from underneath him 

Does he fit all the criteria - who knows, but there is something intriguing about a young foreign coach and not being funny, a German coach is normally all about discipline and organisation. This guy seems a bit like Klopp in the sense that he favours the attacking game 

We could do worse than this. Think this would be a very good appointment outwith what we would expect and if he was to be given the position 

The other thing is that it’s not like it would be out of our reach or that we would have to pay top dollar to get him in 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Skybet odds just after midnight

Steve Robinson       6/5
Roy Keane           9/2
David Moyes            11/2
Andy Kirk                     6/1
Jack Ross                              7/1
John Robertson              9/1
Austin MacPhee             12/1
Michael O'Neill            16/1
Neil McCann            16/1
Paul Hartley             16/1
Gary Holt                  18/1
Steven Pressley        18/1
Gary Naysmith         20/1
Henrik Larsson         20/1
Scot Gemmill           20/1
Shelley Kerr              20/1
Aidy Boothroyd       22/1
Ally McCoist           22/1
Chris Sutton            22/1
Malky Mackay        22/1
Nathan Jones        22/1
Paul Scholes          22/1 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Robbie Neilson      22/1
Steve Watson         22/1
Daniel Stendel        25/1
Darren Fletcher      25/1
Ian McCall              25/1
Jon Daly                  25/1
Jose Gomes           25/1
Juho Mäkelä           25/1
Owen Coyle             25/1
Aitor Karanka          28/1
Chris Coleman        28/1
Alex Neil                  33/1
David Obua              33/1
George Burley         33/1
Neil Harris                 33/1
Stuart McCall            33/1
Mike Newell            100/1

Surprised Paulo Sergio not on that list or David weir

Jambo, Goodbye

Daniel Stendel would be interesting but Ann wants an experienced manager. He's only got about 100 games under his belt. 

I'd be all for him though. 

If Austin manages a victory this afternoon and keeps it going, who knows, he might get to keep it. 

One things for sure, we will find out whether the whole coaching staff are as culpable as Levein or whether it was just Leveins methods that were the issue.🤷🏼‍♂️

3 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Daniel Stendel would be interesting but Ann wants an experienced manager. He's only got about 100 games under his belt. 

I'd be all for him though. 

Yes Stendel or Karanka should be interviewed if interested. The Scottish options aren't appealing. Moyes would be too expensive  but I guess we can't rule him out.

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Surprised Paulo Sergio not on that list or David weir

It's a fairly extensive list tbf but it's also a lot meh for me. Only a couple of names that would be interesting most are just the bog standards. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If Austin manages a victory this afternoon and keeps it going, who knows, he might get to keep it. 

One things for sure, we will find out whether the whole coaching staff are as culpable as Levein or whether it was just Leveins methods that were the issue.🤷🏼‍♂️

I think Austin will surprise us and if he does I would be delighted to have someone with his vision and out the box thinking! 

Really hope we get rid of the like of Jon Daly, Brings nothing to the club. Heard great things about Andy Kirk

A_A wehatethehibs
7 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Skybet odds just after midnight

Steve Robinson       6/5
Roy Keane           9/2
David Moyes            11/2
Andy Kirk                     6/1
Jack Ross                              7/1
John Robertson              9/1
Austin MacPhee             12/1
Michael O'Neill            16/1
Neil McCann            16/1
Paul Hartley             16/1
Gary Holt                  18/1
Steven Pressley        18/1
Gary Naysmith         20/1
Henrik Larsson         20/1
Scot Gemmill           20/1
Shelley Kerr              20/1
Aidy Boothroyd       22/1
Ally McCoist           22/1
Chris Sutton            22/1
Malky Mackay        22/1
Nathan Jones        22/1
Paul Scholes          22/1 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Robbie Neilson      22/1
Steve Watson         22/1
Daniel Stendel        25/1
Darren Fletcher      25/1
Ian McCall              25/1
Jon Daly                  25/1
Jose Gomes           25/1
Juho Mäkelä           25/1
Owen Coyle             25/1
Aitor Karanka          28/1
Chris Coleman        28/1
Alex Neil                  33/1
David Obua              33/1
George Burley         33/1
Neil Harris                 33/1
Stuart McCall            33/1
Mike Newell            100/1

Some of this surely has to be Sky taking the piss out of the pundits, Shelley Kerrs got better odds than BT pundits Coisty and Sutton :lol: Sutton will be seething. Roy Keanes a Sky pundit too... maybe they are pulling strings, the Roy Keane thing does remind me a bit of when Steven Gerrard first got linked with short odds on the Rangers job, I was wondering what planet the bookies were on, that’ll never happen... then they appointed him! 

I imagine that agents fire cvs in on manager’s behalf regardless of whether they really want the gig. So AB will be sitting with loads of these. Does the team then ask for formal applications? Hearts must be a really attractive offer so we should get some quality applications. No hint yet as to who we might be after as I’m not sure we know what we want 

6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Jumped into the Barnsley website and had a good read about this guy the other day

The more I read about him the more it appeals. Style and philosophy of football and introducing youth, we know, will be of the utmost importance (I would assume) in terms of the recruitment criteria 

if I have got this bit right the new Sporting Director will be responsible for the Academy directly but the 1st team Manager will only be tasked with introducing and blooding the youngsters as he sees fit 

This guy Stendel and what the fans think of him is incredible. They absolutely idolise him. As per previous posts he hasn’t been backed by the owners and it looks like in a sense he has had the rug pulled from underneath him 

Does he fit all the criteria - who knows, but there is something intriguing about a young foreign coach and not being funny, a German coach is normally all about discipline and organisation. This guy seems a bit like Klopp in the sense that he favours the attacking game 

We could do worse than this. Think this would be a very good appointment outwith what we would expect and if he was to be given the position 

The other thing is that it’s not like it would be out of our reach or that we would have to pay top dollar to get him in 

100% this. We need someone who doesn’t have a fear of the ugly sisters. Someone who how’s to Ibrox or Parkhead to win. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
42 minutes ago, Barack said:

Surprised no-one's mentioned Coleman. Just have to get Gareth Bale to sign in January, & then he can go back to being a good manager.

The Sunderland doc, showed him as a man of the people,  but perhaps a tad casual as a manager 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Slaviska Jokanovic would do me nicely. Currently sitting on a nice salary no doubt in the Middle East but a route back to the UK or Europe. 

Wishful thinking perhaps 

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Yes Stendel or Karanka should be interviewed if interested. The Scottish options aren't appealing. Moyes would be too expensive  but I guess we can't rule him out.

Best options for me. Reading about Stedel he could give us the psychological boost we are need of after the dreary lat 12 months

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Some of this surely has to be Sky taking the piss out of the pundits, Shelley Kerrs got better odds than BT pundits Coisty and Sutton :lol: Sutton will be seething. Roy Keanes a Sky pundit too... maybe they are pulling strings, the Roy Keane thing does remind me a bit of when Steven Gerrard first got linked with short odds on the Rangers job, I was wondering what planet the bookies were on, that’ll never happen... then they appointed him! 

Imagine the seethe if Shelley Kerr got the job.

37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Slaviska Jokanovic would do me nicely. Currently sitting on a nice salary no doubt in the Middle East but a route back to the UK or Europe. 

Wishful thinking perhaps 

He certainly believes in keeping the ball ;  Wouldn't see it being punted long .

But as you say maybe has ambitions above our level (and wages)

Edited by Iamborg
Bloody ipad

Excited about going back to a re energised Tynecastle but appointing Robinson would be a spectacular job of ruining a great opportunity to move forward imo 

A_A wehatethehibs
41 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Imagine the seethe if Shelley Kerr got the job.

Yes itd be horrendous. If you thought ian Cathro was out of his depth you ain’t seen nothing yet, let’s chuck in a part time level female coach with no experience of men’s football when Hearts are 11th in the table with only about 5 wins in the last 12 months. What could go wrong! 

Shanks said no

Skybet at 10am - favourites only

Steve Robinson

6/5

Roy Keane

9/2

David Moyes

11/2

Andy Kirk

6/1

Jack Ross

7/1

John Robertson

9/1

North Berwick Jambo

Is it just me or does the entire bookies list of candidates look utter crap? Apart from Micheal O’ Neill it really is depressing! I hope to god Ann will look outside that list for a hungry young manager looking to step up to the next level, maybe even from europe. 

10 minutes ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

Is it just me or does the entire bookies list of candidates look utter crap? Apart from Micheal O’ Neill it really is depressing! I hope to god Ann will look outside that list for a hungry young manager looking to step up to the next level, maybe even from europe. 

Is Stephen Robinson not a hungry young Manager looking for the next step up?

Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Is Stephen Robinson not a hungry young Manager looking for the next step up?

Yeah but he doesn't have an exotic sounding name.

1 minute ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Yeah but he doesn't have an exotic sounding name.

Also not sure his style of football would please everyone 

I’ll be disappointed if he’s appointed, I hope we show more ambition 

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

I've said that elsewhere. No candidate listed really jumps off the page.

It's a strange one as no clear favourite for me.

If Robinson is the best we can hope for with a non Hearts background then someone needs to pull up the drawbridge and switch the lights out.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I've said that elsewhere. No candidate listed really jumps off the page.

It's a strange one as no clear favourite for me.

If Robinson is the best we can hope for with a non Hearts background then someone needs to pull up the drawbridge and switch the lights out.

I feel the same.

Usually when you’re looking for a new manager to be appointed there is a positive feeling.

I don’t feel that at the moment.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

I feel the same.

Usually when you’re looking for a new manager to be appointed there is a positive feeling.

I don’t feel that at the moment.

Every time I look at the odds and see Robinson's name installed as favourite a wave of nausea washes over me,  my irrational mind drops in the name McLean over and over again.

What about the guy that rejected Hibs before Heckingbottom got the job.Seem to remember folk thought he would be a good appointment for Hibs.Not advocating him because to be honest I'm as clueless as Michael Stewart at naming a candidate.

Let's be absolutely honest here, none of us really know what many of these candidates are like with the exception of Robbo. You can't have an informed opinion of a manager unless you watch a team live regularly and can see the team set up, tempo, use of substitutions etc. The reactions to some of the candidates, particularly the current bookmakers favourite, are just a wee bit over dramatic by several posters. The club may well appoint someone left field who is not quoted or it might be one of the favourites in the betting, it will be determined by analysis of the qualities the board are looking for and our budget. It's a tricky decision as we need someone to make a reasonably quick impact. It's always a gamble appointing a new manager but I am happy to get behind whoever we choose. You never know, fingers crossed we might just be pleasantly surprised.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Every time I look at the odds and see Robinson's name installed as favourite a wave of nausea washes over me,  my irrational mind drops in the name McLean over and over again.

That was sad times.

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

What about the guy that rejected Hibs before Heckingbottom got the job.Seem to remember folk thought he would be a good appointment for Hibs.Not advocating him because to be honest I'm as clueless as Michael Stewart at naming a candidate.

Michael Appleton - just appointed on a 4 year deal at Lincoln City. Can't see him coming here.

Just now, tcjambo said:

Michael Appleton - just appointed on a 4 year deal at Lincoln City. Can't see him coming here.

That was the guy.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, jambo_74 said:

same, I have now developed an irrational dislike for the guy.. 

I’d rather keep Austin 

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Interesting one. 

4 minutes ago, off_the_bar said:

Down to 14s? 

No thanks , no projects, rookies or experiments , I’d rather take Robinson if that’s the road we are considering going down

We are in a relegation battle, we need someone with at least some experience of managing a club

15 minutes ago, Regular John said:

Lee Bullen I understand is at Hampden today....

I presume he is a Hearts fan, certainly from Edinburgh. 

5 minutes ago, off_the_bar said:

Did well at sheffield Wednesday when he has been caretaker

3 minutes ago, Regular John said:

Bullen is a real option, anyone thats worked with Budge knows this talks highly of him.

No not for me, Hearts fan or not, in fact I don’t want anyone with Hearts connections getting the job, and definitely not a coach who has never managed before... no more Cathro type experiments,  have we learned nothing FFS

Personally would rather a young coach with bright ideas and maybe an experienced assistant than a coach that did quite well 10 years ago who might just squeeze us into the top 6 by the end of this season. 

I'm all for a risk