• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, Hearts Daft said:

Robinson knows the Scottish game and has a proven track record of bringing through young talent. He also has Motherwell punching well above their weight.

Levein had us punching above our weight only 12 months ago.

Robinson is a flash in the pan. It’s utter bullshit that we appear to be interested in him let alone a group of fans seeming to be happy about it - whatever people

think about Levein, Robinson has done and shown nothing to prove that he is a better manager than Levein.

We have the chance and money to pull a quality manager out the bag here why would we go for Robinson?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

People wanting to sign someone described as a “quintessential Motherwell” manager.

I’ll be raging with the club if our sights are set that low

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

rudi must stay
18 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

People wanting to sign someone described as a “quintessential Motherwell” manager.

I’ll be raging with the club if our sights are set that low

That is an odd comment. He does say almost though, it's like that 99% out of a hundred on transfers...

17 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

People probably underestimate how much we would probably be prepared to invest in a decent manager.

As Budge said we had a cracking year financially last year - we are in our best financial position ever.

We have the means by which to splash out a bit and my feeling is Ann places a huge amount of value on spending money to get quality 

Yet one of our 'expert' weegie journalists says in the Daily Record today that we only kept Craig Levein around because we haven't got the cash to pay him off.

Ironic on the day his favourite team posts an 11 million loss.

59 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

👍

Thought Weir was a moaning faced prick at Rangers. Went right off him then.

Me too! He was a right wind up merchant when he came back to a Tynecastle with the Huns!!

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

50% win ratio would be up there with the highest in our history 😂

What was Levein’s win rate since October last year?

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

about 5% not sure what’s that’s got to do with Stendel.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
39 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

That is an odd comment. He does say almost though, it's like that 99% out of a hundred on transfers...

What do Motherwell managers get asked to do?

At the start of the season is it avoid relegation or is it qualify for Europe. 

We’d be stupid to thinking isn’t the former.

With us it will be the latter. Completely different expectations and demands. Why would we employ someone not used to such demands?

Robinson has never been in that position and my guess is he’d have about a 4 game honeymoon period before fans start giving him grief as he isn’t a “name”.

I genuinely don’t believe, however, he will be our manager

Spoiler

Daniel Stendel sounds like a really interesting candidate.  If you dive deep into the Barnsley Fans Forum, it is clear that they were desperately disappointed that he was sacked.  His style of football is built on “aggressive, attacking, high pressing game”. He took Barnsley to promotion.  Seems that there are real mitigants for the weaker performance in the Championship, this season, not least the American Owners did not back him!  So these results should not be viewed in isolation.

Apparently, has brought back real excitement to Barnsley; he’s passionate and it’s easy to find clips of goal celebrations (akin to Klopp).  Has done a lot of great work in the community and made a great link with the fan base.  The German arrived in England with little command of English.  If you listens to interviews, he certainly has a decent grasp now.

For me, that’s some of the key criteria that I’d certainly like to see at the club.

Amidst a list of uninspiring names being bandied about as potential manager, we could do a lot worse than consider Daniel Stendel as a serious candidate.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, red said:

My “Heart” says Paulo

What about your head and your body? 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What do Motherwell managers get asked to do?

At the start of the season is it avoid relegation or is it qualify for Europe. 

We’d be stupid to thinking isn’t the former.

With us it will be the latter. Completely different expectations and demands. Why would we employ someone not used to such demands?

Robinson has never been in that position and my guess is he’d have about a 4 game honeymoon period before fans start giving him grief as he isn’t a “name”.

I genuinely don’t believe, however, he will be our manager

They get asked the same as every manager, wins games, make good signings and promote young players. That's how I read it but there is that bit of doubt with "almost" and it maybe suggests they are looking already at a new manager

2 hours ago, nyron59 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Daniel Stendel sounds like a really interesting candidate.  If you dive deep into the Barnsley Fans Forum, it is clear that they were desperately disappointed that he was sacked.  His style of football is built on “aggressive, attacking, high pressing game”. He took Barnsley to promotion.  Seems that there are real mitigants for the weaker performance in the Championship, this season, not least the American Owners did not back him!  So these results should not be viewed in isolation.

Apparently, has brought back real excitement to Barnsley; he’s passionate and it’s easy to find clips of goal celebrations (akin to Klopp).  Has done a lot of great work in the community and made a great link with the fan base.  The German arrived in England with little command of English.  If you listens to interviews, he certainly has a decent grasp now.

For me, that’s some of the key criteria that I’d certainly like to see at the club.

Amidst a list of uninspiring names being bandied about as potential manager, we could do a lot worse than consider Daniel Stendel as a serious candidate.

Don’t know much about Stendel but I do agree the names being bandied about are thoroughly uninspiring. Not sure how the likes of Robinson, Keane and Moyes would take us forward.

Maroon Sailor
24 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Don’t know much about Stendel but I do agree the names being bandied about are thoroughly uninspiring. Not sure how the likes of Robinson, Keane and Moyes would take us forward.

It's not great is it ?

gorgie al 1960
4 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Skybet at 1500 - Keane cooling / Robinson shortening

Steve Robinson
5/4
Roy Keane
9/2
Andy Kirk
5/1
David Moyes
11/2
Jack Ross
7/1
John Robertson
9/1

not one of these will get the gig - I think there's a big smokescreen here  - watch this space ....

21 minutes ago, gorgie al 1960 said:

not one of these will get the gig - I think there's a big smokescreen here  - watch this space ....

For whom?

gorgie al 1960
15 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

For whom?

3 of them won't apply and 2 will be discounted regardless of their interest - I think unless they have had a wink from Robinson none of the others are in the hunt - believe me I hope I'm wrong

Maroon Sailor
38 minutes ago, gorgie al 1960 said:

Do we go with failed elsewhere experienced managers or up and coming rookies doing well at their current clubs ?

10 minutes ago, gorgie al 1960 said:

3 of them won't apply and 2 will be discounted regardless of their interest - I think unless they have had a wink from Robinson none of the others are in the hunt - believe me I hope I'm wrong

Contact has been made with moyes.

4 hours ago, nyron59 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Would certainly suit the scottish game IMO.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Do we go with failed elsewhere experienced managers or up and coming rookies doing well at their current clubs ?

Former. Every manager, bar none, fails. 

Shanks said no
5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

39% thats from August 2018 not October

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

8 hours ago, iansmith said:

50% win ratio is no good to us. He's been sacked for a good reason - not good enough

You need to read up more on stats .... get a grip 

So we have decided and offer jobs to Moyes/Weir, Robinson and Austin McPhee

So are we having 3 new managers to replace Levein or are some folk full of shit. I can't decide which one it is.

It should have been ten
7 hours ago, neilnunb said:

👍

Thought Weir was a moaning faced prick at Rangers. Went right off him then.

Spot on. He’d tell the ref what decisions to make, ersehole of a man.

7 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Spot on. He’d tell the ref what decisions to make, ersehole of a man.

Just doing his job. 👍🏼 

Davie Weir was different class. I was absolutely gutted when we sold him for a pittance. 

It should have been ten
10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Just doing his job. 👍🏼 

Davie Weir was different class. I was absolutely gutted when we sold him for a pittance. 

I was too but went off him big time when he played for them and especially against us. A totally different character on the pitch but suppose it comes with the territory when joining the erse cheeks. 

Edited by It should have been ten

29 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

How about Tam Flogel. Experienced now. 

Out of all the ex players etc banded about it's not the worst shout. Probably too much of a gamble at this stage.

As an aside found out his dad's called Rudi Flogel, crackin name !

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

39% thats from August 2018 not October

what was it from October 18?

I'd rather see us go for a European coach for example than the names that the bookies have made up.

An example might be Christopher Pelissier, head coach of Amiens, who has a remarkable record. No idea if he'd consider us but Amiens are a smaller team than we are and he may view us as a step up. 

13 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Out of all the ex players etc banded about it's not the worst shout. Probably too much of a gamble at this stage.

That clinches it for me.  Get them both in.

Shanks said no
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

what was it from October 18?

Too many vodkas for me to work out

his totals were

From 28 Aug 2017    to 31 Oct 2019    794 days    
105 games

41 wins

28 draws

36 loses

39% wins

26% draws

34% loses

I erred earlier saying 39% was from august 18

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Just doing his job. 👍🏼 

Yip. 

Ridiculously good. 

I read his book, he's a hun ***** but it's insightful. 

Chose us over hibs because of jj, £1k a week. 

He wasn't fussed about Hearts/hibs. Says that straight up. 

Everton, straight to £10k a week basic. 

Rangers stuff, I lost interest a bit, but he's rangers, no doubt. 

Scotland had him and the likes of  b Ferguson, at the time we thought it couldn't get worse. 😭

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

It's an omen.