Odds on next manager

DB-14

1 hour ago, andrew said:

I wonder if they recommended the signing of Connor Sammon on a season long loan.

Good point they always seem to carry a goal threat though, unlike us in recent years.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

Shellly Kerr in the race ..... if that happens I am giving football up 

i8?

4 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Shellly Kerr in the race ..... if that happens I am giving football up 

Does that include football forums? 

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Shelley Kerr.

If only to see i8's ***** shrivel up in rage.

Seen a couple of posts like this.  Is i8 really that relevant?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Agree on the posters who have said we should disregard club legends. Time for a completely fresh approach and a new identity. 

Shelley Kerr would be amazing just for the carnage. 😄

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, Haken said:

Seen a couple of posts like this.  Is i8 really that relevant?

Purely and utterly for amusement value.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Their budget will be about 7th /8 th so par at best, their fans by and large wanted him out 🤷‍♂️ Becuase he was a hoofball merchant.. “direct physical style “ Must be a superstar 😆😂

It’s the 10th highest.

It should have been ten
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Does that include football forums? 

Fingers crossed 🤞🏼🤞🏼

How about Neil Harris that's just left Millwall for the job?pretty sure Hearts played in his testimonial a few years ago and comes over well on the radio (he was on Talksport the other day 

If Shelley Kerr then she could get the woman from sportscene results as assistant and coach...

Then atleast programme would be watchable again

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

There seems to be more to this Keane chat than meets the eye....

Surely not. Been a disaster 

20 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Any James Hunt wanting Shelly Kerr is Hibs or from Hamilton, like suggested I would also give up.

I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry if that happened.

I'm fairly certain it never will though.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Surely not. Been a disaster 

Some reserve team chat at Riccarton today and now 4/1 on SkyBet (although the odds mean feck all)

Just now, Whatever said:

What have you heard/read?

Well I also saw that somebody tried to put £3k on him last night but it was rejected on odds of 20/1.  I've seen a screen shot of the conversation.

1 hour ago, clark963 said:

Stirling Uni I think

👍🏻

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Be worth it just for the protests and the" bring back Cl thread", but it's not going to happen.

I would take her as part of the wider coaching set up but not AM or head coach / manager.

It won't happen.

I can imagine one in particular posters reaction.

See the source image

Wonder who that would be ??????

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

D99CE74E-6604-4E5D-BCC3-D08EB04D81CA.jpeg

Wasn't that funny first time. I think his leaving was needed but lets be magnanimous, the guy gave it his best, nearly killed himself doing so. In the end it wasnt good enough so lets move on. 

Personally i wish him all the best for the future. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Who knows if this is true. If it is, seems like a hasty call

If the Sun are to be believed he was already being considered weeks ago when Levein’s future was clearly being discussed behind the scenes.

But for hasty replace with shite

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Roy Keane

Big name. Fire in his belly. Connected. Shite manager?

Alternatively shite manager in England but different case in Scotland? 

i.e. like McInnes?

IMO the safest and best transition for us would be O’Neill. A benefactor can sub some of his wages. He could manage us and NI until they get punted and come

over full time after.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, swavkav said:

Did Neil Warnock not say he wanted to manage In Edinburgh? 

Yes - but not available until next season

55 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Even AB has seen through the injuries excuse now.

The squad was poorly put together, as I’ve already pointed out in fabulous detail to you previously so you need to let this go.

Better management of the footballing budget with more careful planning and scouting would have alleviated some of the current squad issues.

This is one of the main reasons why we’ve been so terrible and the blame lies firmly at the door of the man who made these decisions.

And now he’s deservingly lost his job.

Sorry but I don't need to let it go.  You would like me to, though.

It may only be opinion but do you seriously think we might not have won our last 2 games if we had in the starting X1?

Walker.

Naismith

Halkett

Souttar

Washington

Haring

If they, or most of them, had been present for more matches I would have expected to be sitting much higher in the league

19 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Wasn't that funny first time. I think his leaving was needed but lets be magnanimous, the guy gave it his best, nearly killed himself doing so. In the end it wasnt good enough so lets move on. 

Personally i wish him all the best for the future. 

Sorry missed it first time but I thought it was quite funny 

itsnomarooned
4 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Why? Women’s football is dire.

It was somewhat tongue in cheek but some of the suggestions on here are dire and have presided over dire teams playing dire football.

25 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Roy Keane

Big name. Fire in his belly. Connected. Shite manager?

Alternatively shite manager in England but different case in Scotland? 

i.e. like McInnes?

IMO the safest and best transition for us would be O’Neill. A benefactor can sub some of his wages. He could manage us and NI until they get punted and come

over full time after.

I'm not sure Keane is that bad a manager and he'd certainly not take any shite, I do get the feeling his standards were so high players at the level he was managing couldn't match them and that's when the problems started, that would definitely manifest itself here if that was the case.

I'm genuinely interested in the O'Neill shouts - his previous clubs managed are Brechin and Shamrock Rovers, he's achieved great things at international level but would that translate back to club management, given his limited experience at club level - I genuinely don't know? Would it be an expensive gamble? If he was interested then we'd have to take it very seriously but those would be my only concerns.

FWIW - my info is Moyes as manager with Davie Weir as his assistant.

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I'm not sure Keane is that bad a manager and he'd certainly not take any shite, I do get the feeling his standards were so high players at the level he was managing couldn't match them and that's when the problems started, that would definitely manifest itself here if that was the case.

I'm genuinely interested in the O'Neill shouts - his previous clubs managed are Brechin and Shamrock Rovers, he's achieved great things at international level but would that translate back to club management, given his limited experience at club level - I genuinely don't know? Would it be an expensive gamble? If he was interested then we'd have to take it very seriously but those would be my only concerns.

FWIW - my info is Moyes as manager with Davie Weir as his assistant.

In Keane's second book he describes his time at Sunderland and Ipswich. His management style is fairly old school, kinda similar to Martin O'Neill. That may or may not work but the bigger issue is he brought a lot of players in and he wouldn't be able to do that. He did a great job at Sunderland though, getting them up and keeping them up the next season. It's a fact that is often overlooked. 

Interesting rumour about Moyes. 

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Craig levein has just visited his local William Hills

2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

These markets are so weak that it won't take much to move them. There will be a new favourite every day until we appoint someone.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Sorry but I don't need to let it go.  You would like me to, though.

It may only be opinion but do you seriously think we might not have won our last 2 games if we had in the starting X1?

Walker.

Naismith

Halkett

Souttar

Washington

Haring

If they, or most of them, had been present for more matches I would have expected to be sitting much higher in the league

He failed miserably and has eventually and rightfully been sacked. Stop greeting and move on. 

Edited by Forever Hearts