Odds on next manager

DB-14

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, Prof said:

Who would you rather have Dumpster or Ann who saved the club and now has us financially secure with a new main stand in place. Her business acumen is superb. She wants a new manager who will stay for a good time and someone who will jump ship at first opportunity. Yes she needs help on footballing matters but blame the clowns giving her advice.

No manager will be staying for a good time.  That’s not how it works..

It’s beyond clear that Ann Budge and the clowns giving her advice do not have a ****ing clue about football .. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

25 minutes ago, Prof said:

Who would you rather have Dumpster or Ann who saved the club and now has us financially secure with a new main stand in place. Her business acumen is superb. She wants a new manager who will stay for a good time and someone who will jump ship at first opportunity. Yes she needs help on footballing matters but blame the clowns giving her advice.

You mean the ones she appointed

We were linked with Jack Ross, but Hibs acted quickly, appointed him and won their first game yesterday.

We hoped for Michael O’Neill (who was almost certainly out of our price range) but Stoke acted quickly, appointed him and have won their first 2 games. 

Meanwhile we dither and let the assistant manager take 3 games in which we have generally been every bit as bad as before, other than actually scoring a few against St Mirren. 

We need a new man in as soon as possible. 

New manager has to be an experienced guy who has a proven track record. That’s where we are now. Someone who can sort out our defence first and foremost, and then get the team playing as a unit again. We are so easy to score against and that is not good when we are sitting where we are in the table. I’d be chapping up the benefactors’ doors and then going and getting Warnock right now if I was Budge.

The Real Maroonblood
33 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I would take McCall right now. 
He will come in and sort the place out if nothing else. Has done it in this league before. 
Let’s be honest we are looking less attractive by the week to potential managers. He would be one of the better ones on a poor shortlist!!! 

No thanks on McCall.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

No thanks on McCall.

I agree.   Done well, once, years ago.   Been a failure ever since. 

He had the second largest budget in Scotland, by far, when with Rangers, and still failed to get out the Championship.   He had a worse record than Ally McCoist in that league. 

Big concern for me is even if we bring in an experienced manager with good calibre, we’re going to need a bit of a squad overhaul in January which could have huge financial consequences.  1/2 that line up yesterday (almost at full strength) aren’t good enough for us even as squad players.  I fear we’ll be feeling the impact of Levein’s ‘projects’ for a considerable time.

I wonder if Budge's thoughts up until yesterday was to hold a recruitment process like she did prior to Levein being appointed and say the best man was already at the club and put McPhee as manager. It would save her money and hassle. This process has taken too long and should have been sorted weeks ago. Every other club does it quickly and clears out anyone associated with the previous regime. Yet we have that clown still in the background sorting out the academy with the reek of failure still evident. A complete clear out of all the coaches is required and a new manager brought in asap.

Italian Lambretta
14 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Anyone who thinks Levein is out of the picture is delusional.

He's become the David Koresh of Tynecastle. 

45 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No manager will be staying for a good time.  That’s not how it works..

It’s beyond clear that Ann Budge and the clowns giving her advice do not have a ****ing clue about football .. 

spot on.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

What do you think CL is doing ?

Still taking a wage from a club he has near as dammit destroyed. Absolute imposter of the highest order. 

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Tbh he’s clearly doing ‘something’ or he wouldn’t be still at the club, no point denying that.

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Being consulted. 

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Still taking a wage from a club he has near as dammit destroyed. Absolute imposter of the highest order. 

3 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh he’s clearly doing ‘something’ or he wouldn’t be still at the club, no point denying that.

He’s been retained for tasks not connected to the first team.

He doesn’t take take training....he doesn’t pick the pick....he isn’t even at the games to hand down notes.

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He doesn’t take take training....he doesn’t pick the pick....he isn’t even at the games to hand down notes.

That isn’t really the point though is it? Levein failed at his job horrifically and yet instead of being sacked we’ve decided to shift him elsewhere call him a consultant and give his job to his assistant. 

Odd situations like that don’t happen at ‘normal’ football clubs.

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Not at the games? Hardly a PHM then, is he ^_^

So he is around the club, carrying out these “tasks”, working closely with the Board to continue work behind the scenes...and yet has no influence?

I don’t buy that at all. If nothing else, I simply cannot see Levein accepting that kind of diminished role. 

Walter Bishop
21 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Does it matter? He's taking a wage, involved in football side and all his guys are still running the first team. 

Don't kid yourself if you think hes got no influence. 

So.....

We get beat by Rangers......CL is still involved.

We beat St Mirren....no mention of involvement.

We get beat by Killie.......CL is still involved.

JKB in a nutshell.

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

So.....

We get beat by Rangers......CL is still involved.

We beat St Mirren....no mention of involvement.

We get beat by Killie.......CL is still involved.

JKB in a nutshell.

Delusional. 

Is he paid by Hearts? Does he have a role at Hearts? Yes to both, so he is still involved. No doubt your one who wanted to give him "another window" and then "6 months" and then "wait for injured players to come back"!! Hope your happy. 👍

3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Delusional. 

Is he paid by Hearts? Does he have a role at Hearts? Yes to both, so he is still involved. No doubt your one who wanted to give him "another window" and then "6 months" and then "wait for injured players to come back"!! Hope your happy. 👍

You’re too thick to converse with.

Walter Bishop
4 minutes ago, Prof said:

Yet another thread confirming why supporters should never be allowed to run a club.

Yeah because Levein and Budge have done such a great job. 

Maroon Sailor

I think the whole process is wrong.

Inviting applications for the job is not the way to do it nor is appointing a SD first.

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think the whole process is wrong.

Inviting applications for the job is not the way to do it nor is appointing a SD first.

Spot on. Identify targets and go out and try and get them. Not many other clubs do it the way we are for a reason. 

Heard Eck McLeish on the radio yesterday...came out in a cold sweat.....then a Hearts fan messaged Off The Bawl at night and said he was 'the Man' I near crashed my *** truck.

Is this big 'has been'  sneakin' up on the blindside, he's not been talked about a great deal!

9 hours ago, jambocub said:

After today's result no 

Out of intrest  who do you think should be in charge ?

Hmmm. Most of the names have been pretty underwhelming. Of those mentioned, probably felix magath. I dont understand why we didnt at least speak to him. John terry would be an interesting one as well, in the gerard/lampard mould, who have both had good starts to management. Roy keane maybe as well. 

Of more realistic targets, I like stevie Robinson at motherwell. Think he would do well with us. 

Hopefully not mccann or McCall. They shouldn't even have been interviewed. 

54 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Was he at the dugout at Oriam last week ? At the 18’s game , after AB said he was relieved of all football duties

I initially wasn’t worried about Levein staying and keeping the lines of communication open .

It now seems he could be a massive stumbling block , I have no doubt that AB is still using him as a sounding board 

anyone thinking otherwise is very  naive.

Hearts need to step it up and appoint a manager this week , a month is far too long in football , team is rudderless 

and going through the motions 

24 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Austin can be removed from the bookies odds

Ann will be very inconvenienced by yesterday of that I have no doubt.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ann will be very inconvenienced by yesterday of that I have no doubt.

Another week or so of interviews now that Austin has ****ed up his chances

2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Another week or so of interviews now that Austin has ****ed up his chances

I genuinely believe she was holding out for a few positive results to then give the gig to the 4 current dugout losers.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I genuinely believe she was holding out for a few positive results to then give the gig to the 4 current dugout losers.

Would not surprise 

53 minutes ago, Prof said:

Yet another thread confirming why supporters should never be allowed to run a club.

You mean Ann Budge? At last I agree with you.

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Never a truer word said.

Bazzas right boot

I quite like that we aren't going for a jack Ross, Robinson, ex player straight away. 

Given the history of these tyoe of appointments we'll have a good season every other before sacking them. 

That seems like a great situation atm, but I do respect the fact that we are possibly trying to over reach so that the team can ultimately break that cycle and emerge as a constant dominant force. 

I like the long term thinking and our bravery in looking further afield, even if it didn't work with Cathro. 

However, football fans are fickle and we do need results now. 

We could appoint Robbo on Monday  or even Likley Robinson if we wanted to. 

We'd likely be appointing a new manager in 2 seasons again. 

I do like the ambition we are showing but results are needed now and to get that we surely need the mgt team in place. 

We need to balance the long term ambitions of the club with the reality that is now and the need to get stability, results and some consistency. 

Imo appointing someone before the game after rangers is more than enough time. 

I wouldn't be rushing about to appoint a Robinson before rangers for a number of reasons. 

Edited by Smith's right boot