• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I'm getting the same feeling too, I have the feeling he won't be our new manager even though I want it to happen :D

Tbf we dodged a bullet with McGhee even though I was disappointed at the time. 

That's the funny ye. 200 pages for a manager who wasn't even that great 

32 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who would bet it at 1/2, based on information posted in here? You would have to stake at least £200 at that price to make it worth your while. Anyone who has bet £200 based on the JKB slaver grenades needs to have a word with themselves!

If it's a sure thing then it's free money. 

I've seen people saying "there must be something to it" because newspapers are reporting it, the odds are shortening and people on here are posting rumours, as if all these things are independent. In reality, they probably aren't.

On 31/10/2019 at 21:02, The Frenchman Returns said:

SKYBET LATEST

Steve Robinson     6/4
Jack Ross           2/1
David Moyes         7/1
John Robertson     9/1
Andy Kirk             10/1
Austin MacPhee        12/1
Jon Daly            14/1
Michael O'Neill        14/1
Paul Hartley        16/1
Gary Holt          18/1
Steven Pressley     18/1
Aitor Karanka        20/1
Gary Naysmith        20/1
Ian McCall                20/1
Malky Mackay         20/1
Neil McCann           20/1
Scot Gemmill      20/1
Jose Gomes            22/1
Owen Coyle           22/1
Robbie Neilson        22/1
Steve Watson          22/1
Alex Neil                    25/1
Chris Coleman         25/1
Daniel Stendel         25/1
Darren Fletcher      25/1
Neil Harris             25/1
Shelley Kerr                  25/1
Stuart McCall                 28/1
Mike Newell                     40/1

Started at 25/1 

3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Did you get a wee tip mate ?

Nah I had my money on a couple of weeks ago based on zero information whatsoever. His price went up after I backed him.

The short odds will be based on the fact he is/was our first choice. Unfortunately the feeling isn’t mutual (or certainly wasn’t this time last night) 

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

The short odds will be based on the fact he is/was our first choice. Unfortunately the feeling isn’t mutual (or certainly wasn’t this time last night) 

😴

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Based on what? I know a few folk who backed Stendel from the beginning ...

Exactly. His name was mentioned on here almost immediately. 

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Exactly. His name was mentioned on here almost immediately. 

Hope someone is sitting with £200 on him at 25/1 ...

41 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Based on what? I know a few folk who backed Stendel from the beginning ...

Of course people have been backing him, but the other poster is a slaver\gossip 

who likes to pass others stories/info as his own .

This place has been rather strange the last 24 hrs (worse than normal)

We’re gonna end up with Terry Butcher as manager being watched over by our new sporting director....Willie Miller...☹️

I'd like to have our new manager in place for the sunday game against Rangers at Ibrox. He could let McPhee, Daly & Fox take the team before he takes the team for the midweek Livi game at Tynie. Sitting in the stand at Ibrox is a great learning chance to see what the players that play are made of. 

It shouldn't be impossible to appoint a manager before the Ibrox game.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I'd like to have our new manager in place for the sunday game against Rangers at Ibrox. He could let McPhee, Daly & Fox take the team before he takes the team for the midweek Livi game at Tynie. Sitting in the stand at Ibrox is a great learning chance to see what the players that play are made of. 

It shouldn't be impossible to appoint a manager before the Ibrox game.

This appointment saga could end up longer than War & Peace.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That's what I think about you.

If the team is on a bad run with players missing, it matters not why they are missing.  They are simply not available, as previously, to the manager who must make do and mend.

BTW I'm not saying DS is a bad manager as I don't know enough about him.  He may even be like a breath of fresh air in the SPL.

The difference between Levein and Stendel position was Levein had two full seasons to build a squad.  Ann Budge said she specifically gave him extra money this summer to improve the squad, to ensure there was sufficient depth and quality should a similar set of injuries occur. Levein didn’t do that to the standard required. Levein was operating with the 3rd/4th largest budget in the league and underperforming - by finishing 6th two seasons on the trot - with his team playing poor football. A significant proportion of the Hearts support wanted rid of Levein and wanted that for a lengthy period of time.

Stendel took Barnsley to automatic promotion, with his own chairman admitting he took basically the same squad of players that had been relegated and had every one of them playing significantly better than they had been. On promotion to the Championship, instead of being allowed to strengthen the squad to meet the better quality league they were in, he had his best players sold from under him. Now here is the bit you don’t seem to get. Barnsley went into the Championship - a better quality league than they had played in the previous season - with a worse squad than the one that had been relegated two seasons before. Hardly surprising that - regardless of his personal attributes and management skills - they simply didn’t have the quality required to get results. That said they still tried to play good football and the fans loved him and were gutted when he left.

The similarities between there respective situations were ultimately they were missing players.

In Levein’s case because he built a poor squad that lacked strength and depth over number of transfer windows. This is despite playing in the same league and being well backed by Ann Budge.

In Stendels case he inherited a squad that had been relegated, got them promoted, had players playing to a standard that meant the club sold them for millions, went into a superior league with a depleted squad, and despite that still got better results than Levein was getting.

Despite your repeated attempts to defend Levein was found out. He should have been emptied long before he was.  I have no doubt Hearts will grow and prosper with his absence.

We need Auntie/Uncle Benefactor to step up with some emergency dosh ASAP and give us the charismatic, foreign, hipster manager we deserve. Otherwise we're going to end up with McCall 😭 and Durrant as his assistant 😭😭😭

SOS!!! 

51 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The difference between Levein and Stendel position was Levein had two full seasons to build a squad.  Ann Budge said she specifically gave him extra money this summer to improve the squad, to ensure there was sufficient depth and quality should a similar set of injuries occur. Levein didn’t do that to the standard required. Levein was operating with the 3rd/4th largest budget in the league and underperforming - by finishing 6th two seasons on the trot - with his team playing poor football. A significant proportion of the Hearts support wanted rid of Levein and wanted that for a lengthy period of time.

Stendel took Barnsley to automatic promotion, with his own chairman admitting he took basically the same squad of players that had been relegated and had every one of them playing significantly better than they had been. On promotion to the Championship, instead of being allowed to strengthen the squad to meet the better quality league they were in, he had his best players sold from under him. Now here is the bit you don’t seem to get. Barnsley went into the Championship - a better quality league than they had played in the previous season - with a worse squad than the one that had been relegated two seasons before. Hardly surprising that - regardless of his personal attributes and management skills - they simply didn’t have the quality required to get results. That said they still tried to play good football and the fans loved him and were gutted when he left.

The similarities between there respective situations were ultimately they were missing players.

In Levein’s case because he built a poor squad that lacked strength and depth over number of transfer windows. This is despite playing in the same league and being well backed by Ann Budge.

In Stendels case he inherited a squad that had been relegated, got them promoted, had players playing to a standard that meant the club sold them for millions, went into a superior league with a depleted squad, and despite that still got better results than Levein was getting.

Despite your repeated attempts to defend Levein was found out. He should have been emptied long before he was.  I have no doubt Hearts will grow and prosper with his absence.

Levein tried to build a squad and was top of the league before the injuries kicked in.

He also acquired several new players in the summer and of these Walker, Washington and Halkett have spent a fair bit of time out injured when we were also missing Haring, Naismith and Souttar.

I am not seeking to defend Levein and never have.  I am pointing out facts that have hampered him whether anyone likes him or not.

I don't know enough about Stendel but I don'r rhink we should be using double standards re players missing - for whatever reason!

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Levein tried to build a squad and was top of the league before the injuries kicked in.

He also acquired several new players in the summer and of these Walker, Washington and Halkett have spent a fair bit of time out injured when we were also missing Haring, Naismith and Souttar.

I am not seeking to defend Levein and never have.  I am pointing out facts that have hampered him whether anyone likes him or not.

I don't know enough about Stendel but I don'r rhink we should be using double standards re players missing - for whatever reason!

Even with the players missing we were still way below the standard required for hearts and that blame falls squarely at the feet of Graig 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

christ, we know

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You just did defend him - the entire first two paragraphs!  And you do, constantly.  Thankfully, for the good of our team, he’s gone.  Let it go!

Shanks said no

Here we go again

Skybet favourites at 00:27

Daniel Stendel    1/2
Neil Warnock       6/1
Stuart McCall      10/1
Austin MacPhee   10/1
Alan Irvine              11/1
Paul Ince                 12/1
Steve Robinson       12/1

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You just did defend him - the entire first two paragraphs!  And you do, constantly.  Thankfully, for the good of our team, he’s gone.  Let it go!

I am highlighting the injury situation that any manager would have struggled to cope with.  It just so happens it was Levein.

People like you seem to think that unless one totally agrees with you, they must think the polar opposite.

StevenNaismith
35 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Here we go again

Skybet favourites at 00:27

Daniel Stendel    1/2
Neil Warnock       6/1
Stuart McCall      10/1
Austin MacPhee   10/1
Alan Irvine              11/1
Paul Ince                 12/1
Steve Robinson       12/1

Stendel is still 1/8

4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

@Alex Kintner if you’re wanting to discuss Stendel with me you’ll need to do it on this thread as I’ve been banned from the other thread for my Gregg’s comment.

And I believed you.  Anyway I believe it's all speculation and not sure Warnock is out the frame.

11 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

@Alex Kintner if you’re wanting to discuss Stendel with me you’ll need to do it on this thread as I’ve been banned from the other thread for my Gregg’s comment.

I take it you were kidding about him being in Edinburgh then

StevenNaismith
3 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

I take it you were kidding about him being in Edinburgh then

Nope, he’s in Edinburgh. My only jest was the Gregg’s comment. Only stumbling block is the money Barnsley want.

Shanks said no
5 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Stendel is still 1/8

That’s odd I just copied and pasted, I might have used an out of date open page on my phone, apologies. Here’s the real latest

skybet at 06:35

Daniel Stendel

1/8

Neil Warnock

8/1

Austin MacPhee

10/1

Stuart McCall

10/1

Steve Robinson

16/1

Alan Irvine

18/1

Paul Ince

18/1

2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Nope, he’s in Edinburgh. My only jest was the Gregg’s comment. Only stumbling block is the money Barnsley want.

FFS.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

What did you say?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Warnock still by a distance the best and proven manager on the list. 

Roy Hodgson is older and has Palace better than ever. 

Get him before it's too late