Odds on next manager

DB-14

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I’ve started selling after life insurance. No one knows where we go so why take any chances? 

You interested? 

Some folk would buy that. 

American Christian bams would pay for that. 

Do a wee ritual, sacrifice a lamb or a poor person. 

Give me your money. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How many goals has Pereira sold so far? How many howlers ? Has certainly had a few dodgy moments with cross balls but can’t think of any gifts to the opposition. As for the other two?"?????????????

He was solid v Rangers at Tynecastle as well. 

Claimed everything. 

Even the ht raffle. 

Captain Canada
52 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How many goals has Pereira sold so far? How many howlers ? Has certainly had a few dodgy moments with cross balls but can’t think of any gifts to the opposition. As for the other two?"?????????????

I think he's doing ok. Playing well behind our shambolic defence must be pretty hard at times with the lack of communication being a consistent problem for over a year now. 

52 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

He’s maybe not had any howlers but either partly responsible/should do better for the first two goals v Celtic at Parkhead, Burke’s winner at Tynecastle he should come for the cross, St Mirren’s 1st goal & Killie’s 1st on Saturday 

Don’t think he was at fault on Sat. Burke at tynie, maybe but Mulraney has to get off his feet. Burke is 5’6”. St Mirren first goal guy was left on his own. I could have scored it. 

I see Pressley is recommending Irvine as a good match for Hearts.  61 year old.  Very experienced.  Good reputation for bringing through young players.

Sounds pretty good to me but it doesn't appear that we are still carrying out interviews.  All our eggs would currently seem to be in the Stendel basket.

39 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I think he's doing ok. Playing well behind our shambolic defence must be pretty hard at times with the lack of communication being a consistent problem for over a year now. 

Yes, behind a struggling Berra, howling Dikamona, no keeper would have a chance of shining. 

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I see Pressley is recommending Irvine as a good match for Hearts.  61 year old.  Very experienced.  Good reputation for bringing through young players.

Sounds pretty good to me but it doesn't appear that we are still carrying out interviews.  All our eggs would currently seem to be in the Stendel basket.

SD candidate in my mind. 

kingantti1874
Just now, rudi must stay said:

Pressley talks well. Very interesting 

😂 it really isn’t.. Ann May be shite at recruiting managers but she’s not Brain dead

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 it really isn’t.. Ann May be shite at recruiting managers but she’s not Brain dead

His sportsound interview is a job interview. Make no doubt about it IMO, he's a decent candidate if we can't get Stendel imo 

Pressley gets the job and I’ll get the Union Jack suit on with a King Billy flag and run onto the pitch singing the sash so I get a lifetime ban and never have to witness that clown manage my team!

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

His sportsound interview is a job interview. Make no doubt about it IMO, he's a decent candidate if we can't get Stendel imo 

1. A fair % of our fans ****ing hate him. I’d say the majority tbh

2. His managerial career is failure after failure 

8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Wow

17 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

he did say it wasn’t but did sound like it. Was good to get an insight of what happened the last time he was interviewed 

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Stendel 1/5 on skybet and 4/11 on paddy power.

At 5pm he was 4/9, he's shortening up, and I doubt it's because of people putting money on him.at that price. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
24 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

:rofl:

You’re on the wind up. Pressley is more shite as a manager than a rotting corpse.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:rofl:

You’re on the wind up. Pressley is more shite as a manager than a rotting corpse.

Just my opinion. I felt he got us as a player (obviously) so why wouldn't he do well as a manager. It's all part of leadership, and he had that

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

good coach, good guy but not good enough as the Head Coach with no real success in that capacity. All his good work has been as a number 2

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Just my opinion. I felt he got us as a player (obviously) so why wouldn't he do well as a manager. It's all part of leadership, and he had that

His managerial record is so bad that he should never get another job in his life

36 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

not good enough for Carlisle but good enough for hearts? Don't think so. Doubt he'll ever get a job at Tynecastle 

I also found the Pressley interview pretty interesting.  It was interesting to know what John Hughes would sound like after elocution lessons. 

Shanks said no

Here we go once again, odds just before 2300 from Skybet

Daniel Stendel     1/5
Neil Warnock       7/1
Steve Robinson    10/1
Stuart McCall        12/1
Austin MacPhee    14/1
Neil McCann           16/1
Alan Irvine               20/1
Alex McLeish         20/1     <<<<<<<<< not even funny
Jim Jefferies          20/1
Paul Ince                  20/1

54 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

good coach, good guy but not good enough as the Head Coach with no real success in that capacity. All his good work has been as a number 2

Exactly.  After I posted about Irvine I looked him up and listened to an interview.  

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Here we go once again, odds just before 2300 from Skybet

Daniel Stendel     1/5
Neil Warnock       7/1
Steve Robinson    10/1
Stuart McCall        12/1
Austin MacPhee    14/1
Neil McCann           16/1
Alan Irvine               20/1
Alex McLeish         20/1     <<<<<<<<< not even funny
Jim Jefferies          20/1
Paul Ince                  20/1

Has Cotterill disappeared?

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Pressley gets the job and I’ll get the Union Jack suit on with a King Billy flag and run onto the pitch singing the sash so I get a lifetime ban and never have to witness that clown manage my team!

😆  pressley would only be a decent choice because of the entertainment value on here.  

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

You could be describing Steve Clarke pre-Killie.

6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

As a manager he has been dreadful every where he has been.   

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

😄 I think you'd need to canvas the support to back this up. Based on this forum, it just seems to be the same dozen or so ragemongers who spit feathers to this day.

Funnily enough, his last playing appearance was at Robbie's testimonial where he was given a great welcome. 

Will always be a legend of our club. 

43 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

😄 I think you'd need to canvas the support to back this up. Based on this forum, it just seems to be the same dozen or so ragemongers who spit feathers to this day.

Funnily enough, his last playing appearance was at Robbie's testimonial where he was given a great welcome. 

Will always be a legend of our club. 

I agree with you but he won’t be Hearts manager for two reasons.

1. His record as a manager.

2. We don’t need a noisy minority against our new manager from the start.

Mind you, given that even John Robertson wouldn’t unite the fans on here, option 2 has a certain inevitability about it no matter who is appointed. Even if Stendel is given the job today, some tit will say he’s not happy because he never tore up the Championship with Barnsley and in 3 years time when we go on a wee bad run, the poster will quote himself from today and say, “I told you so.”

Edited by Shaggy2

A_A wehatethehibs

I actually think Pressley might make a half decent assistant. He’s knowledgeable and would be good at laying down the law, but allow someone a bit sharper and more likeable to make the big decisions keeping players happy. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

11 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

My main criticism of Pereira, the ball must be made of lava in his mind.

Its not a pair of goalkeepers gloves the lad needs but ****ing oven gloves 

I think he’s utter tripe to be honest.  He’s no way an upgrade on Zlamal as the same issues with defender communication and decision making still exist.  We have three keepers who aren’t fit to stand in the same spot as Henry, Rousset, Niemi and Gordon.

40 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I actually think Pressley might make a half decent assistant. He’s knowledgeable and would be good at laying down the law, but allow someone a bit sharper and more likeable to make the big decisions keeping players happy. 

The time for Elvis to come in would have been after Robbie.  I think he would have worked well with Levein in the DoF role before the projects started.

I actually cannot believe we have not appointed a manager yet.

Levein was sacked on the 31st of October and we all knew there was a good chance he would need sacking since probably about March or April. People say Budge is a brilliant businesswomen but her succession planning has been so non-existent it would be to the point of gross negligence in other businesses.

If you gave me a Fiver right now to bet on that list it would be goignon Alan Irvine at 20/1. If Stendal is considering other options then Irvine will be the choice this week IMO

Tom Hardy’s Dug

As a captain he was imperious - if you ever thought a player would go on to become a good manager it would be Pressley

But he’s shite

I'm starting to lose the last shred of confidence I have left in Budge.

I'm thinking the best option would be to leave McPhee in charge until the end of the season or hire a manager on a short term basis until the end of season, only priority is to stay in the division. 

We then replace budge with someone more competent when she hands over the club at the end of the season, then appoint the sporting director and manager.  I don't trust her to make the correct appointments for us long term, I hope I am wrong but the longer this goes on the less confident I am. 

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

I'm thinking the best option would be to leave McPhee in charge until the end of the season or hire a manager on a short term basis until the end of season, only priority is to stay in the division. 

We then replace budge with someone more competent when she hands over the club at the end of the season, then appoint the sporting director and manager.  I don't trust her to make the correct appointments for us long term, I hope I am wrong but the longer this goes on the less confident I am. 

Is it Ann’s fault the applicants don’t meet your standards?

4 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

This is just nonsensical given that we are currently in negotiations with the manager that the majority of fans want to take over 

I genuinely don’t get how the minds of some of our fans work.

Mental.

6 hours ago, Mr Benn said:

Hopefully yes. 

Cotterill is not the high profile manager I thought we were supposed to be getting but the reason I asked is because I'd rather have him than McCall or McLeish who were shown in that betting list.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

If you gave me a Fiver right now to bet on that list it would be goignon Alan Irvine at 20/1. If Stendal is considering other options then Irvine will be the choice this week IMO

I think I'd rather Irvine than Stendel.

Main thing for me is whoever is given the freedom to retain/get rid of the crew of coaches we have. You cannot bring someone in and say here's a ready made team.... McPhee, Park, Fox, Daley, Kirk, Naysmith, Rankin - up to the new man to decide, not Budge. PS, I cant possibly know, but lets assume an average annual wage of 50K for each of them, thats 350K !!!

11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don't hate him. However I don't want him anywhere near the dugout.