Odds on next manager

DB-14

Budge is utter clueless on how to go and appoint a manager. We should have identified a target then go and make an approach and get him. Instead she's wasted weeks interviewing people that shouldn't even be in the frame for the job. No doubt Levein is still having his tuppence worth in the background. Utter shambles and we are sleep walking into a relegation battle. The majority of the players aren't fit to wear the shirt. 

I don't see anything to suggest this week will be any different. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Budge is utter clueless on how to go and appoint a manager. We should have identified a target then go and make an approach and get him. Instead she's wasted weeks interviewing people that shouldn't even be in the frame for the job. No doubt Levein is still having his tuppence worth in the background. Utter shambles and we are sleep walking into a relegation battle. The majority of the players aren't fit to wear the shirt. 

I don't see anything to suggest this week will be any different. 

Not just Budge Papa the whole board is clueless, including the FOH erselickers who are happy to sit back and watch years and years of inept management of the football team.

BerraBelieveit

Budge never does herself any favours in terms of getting the fans onside. 

The wait is getting unbearable & I'm sure the longer the wait, the more fans will start to think it's going to be an extremely underwhelming appointment. Budge probably has it in her head that she wants the manager to start at home which is incredibly needless and petty. 

Why not get the new manager in place at the start of this week & let him put his ideas across before we play Rangers. There is no pressure on Hearts whatsoever on Sunday, it would be the ideal game for a new manager. I'd rather my £32 went towards watching a team trying something new and something that they will be trying for the foreseeable future as opposed to watching the same unimaginative display with players shoehorned out of position. 

Having been pretty supportive of Budge, up until Levein didn't go at the end of the season, I cannot understand how she can in her heart of hearts for one moment believe she is not massively culpable for the shambles we find ourselves in. Money peed down the toilet on poor players, performances so abject that people can't be bothered turning up week after week, working in slow time on everything. We have become the pinkest, softest club in Scotland where football results, by her culture, are now second to non footballing activity. I really question if she is still the right person for the job. An underwhelming appointment and the critics will be out in further force. For whatever reason we didn't go for Jack Ross.......imagine we end up with Neil McCann.....it's worrying

I'd like to see a new manager in place by the end of this week. I had been happy for AB to take her time to appoint the right person, but I feel MacPhee is so far off the mark that we need to get someone in now before he causes irreparable damage (i.e. he's dropped so many points that we can't recover). 

Of all the names I've seen connected with both the Manager's and the DoF/Sporting Director roles, I would like us to appoint either Daniel Stendel or John Terry (don't know what it is but something tells me he'd be good). Was quite happy when I saw Sven Goran Eriksson was linked with the DoF job and would still be quite happy if he was appointed. 

I am slightly encouraged to see the bookies three front-runners this morning though - which are Stendel FAV, then Warnock, then Robinson. I'd take either one of those three right now.

Come on Anne, make it happen! 

27 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

This is getting very embarrassing now.

Your other team showed how it’s done. 

Do the groundwork, get it sorted in 12 hours. 

Brutal, but that’s life at the top in all forms of work. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Bozi said:

I understand that the board are being very thorough, I understand they want to make the right decision, I understand that they are being extremely professional and not allowing any leaks to the media, I understand that they are going a restructuring on top of hiring a manager

I know all this but it is getting to the worrying stage now, we are rudderless, our top players aren't performing and if we are going to turn this season around we need to do something this week.

If this procrastination continues on we are at danger of writing off another season

Who says they’re being thorough? Couldn’t the delay be as indicative of indecision or a lack of conviction in what they need to do next? Who says they’re being extremely professional? It’s been blindingly obvious that certain things have been leaked to the press.

Given the shambles of the past three years, I don’t see how anyone can look at the current situation and say ‘this is all part of the bigger picture.’ Personally I have grave doubts about how Ann intends to replace a man she didn’t really want to sack.

Who sets a time on who we appoint? Don’t quite understand that concept,4-6 weeks ... I am probably wrong but I’ve never heard of any other club setting a time for appointing a manager. 

get the applications in, go through who you want to interview and pick your manager 🤷‍♂️ 4-6 weeks... 🤦‍♂️

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Who sets a time on who we appoint? Don’t quite understand that concept,4-6 weeks ... I am probably wrong but I’ve never heard of any other club setting a time for appointing a manager. 

get the applications in, go through who you want to interview and pick your manager 🤷‍♂️ 4-6 weeks... 🤦‍♂️

When I first heard 4-6 weeks, my understanding was this.

The SD would be appointed first as she suggested, he/she would then be involved in hiring a manager.

I guessed, the SD of choice perhaps would take a month to be in place followed by a manager the week after, with a spare week contingent.

So, this week there should be a SD in situ. But I wouldn't put a penny on what I thought the logic is.

Hopefully, we can sit back in hindsight 3 weeks from now and say it was done brilliantly, but yet I feel more likely we will still be talking about the same things

Having a think about this this morning.

We need a manager who can motivate the players to play 110%. Man management 1st and foremost. 

2 minutes ago, His name is said:

We need a manager who can motivate the players to play 110%. Man management 1st and foremost. 

Impossible. 

1 hour ago, mc2607 said:

I'd like to see a new manager in place by the end of this week. I had been happy for AB to take her time to appoint the right person, but I feel MacPhee is so far off the mark that we need to get someone in now before he causes irreparable damage (i.e. he's dropped so many points that we can't recover). 

Of all the names I've seen connected with both the Manager's and the DoF/Sporting Director roles, I would like us to appoint either Daniel Stendel or John Terry (don't know what it is but something tells me he'd be good). Was quite happy when I saw Sven Goran Eriksson was linked with the DoF job and would still be quite happy if he was appointed. 

I am slightly encouraged to see the bookies three front-runners this morning though - which are Stendel FAV, then Warnock, then Robinson. I'd take either one of those three right now.

Come on Anne, make it happen! 

Agree all the way

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

When I first heard 4-6 weeks, my understanding was this.

The SD would be appointed first as she suggested, he/she would then be involved in hiring a manager.

I guessed, the SD of choice perhaps would take a month to be in place followed by a manager the week after, with a spare week contingent.

So, this week there should be a SD in situ. But I wouldn't put a penny on what I thought the logic is.

Hopefully, we can sit back in hindsight 3 weeks from now and say it was done brilliantly, but yet I feel more likely we will still be talking about the same things

You can afford to take your time if you’re season is done but to suggest that we can take six weeks when we’re joint bottom of the league proves, again, that our esteemed leader is out of her depth.

5 minutes ago, His name is said:

Edited by maroonsgotop

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You can afford to take your time if you’re season is done but to suggest that we can take six weeks when we’re joint bottom of the league proves, again, that our esteemed leader is out of her depth.

Levein has messed her brain.

5 minutes ago, His name is said:

sounds like Neil Warnock. Give him a 6 month contract with options

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Levein has messed her brain.

I do think she’s been so utterly convinced that this plan would work that she can’t comprehend the fact that it’s in tatters around her

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 hours ago, Irufushi said:

season was written off from the start. We’re in a relegation battle here. 

Yep, and with Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen to play before the Hogmanay fireworks.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 hours ago, Irufushi said:

season was written off from the start. We’re in a relegation battle here. 

Don't agree season was written off from the start ! When I seen players we signed pre season I thought we were in for a good season tbh 

54 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Was under the impression that’s what we were doing no? It takes as long as it takes. If, at the end of it the manager is a no mark THEN I’ll piss my pants. Pointless otherwise

The only logic I can see with the '4-6 weeks' comment was that she has someone lined up, but they can't join until the new year (for whatever reason). 

Its a crazy situation, were crying out for leadership -& the board is sitting on its hands. 

I dont just blame the board though, lots of the performances this season have been dire, the first half on Saturday may have been the worst of the lot. The players are not taking charge like you'd expect. 

I know he's not well liked, but when Presley was Captain, & Vlad sacked a coach, Elvis always stepped up and took charge on the pitch. 

Berra should be doing the same. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

The only logic I can see with the '4-6 weeks' comment was that she has someone lined up, but they can't join until the new year (for whatever reason). 

Its a crazy situation, were crying out for leadership -& the board is sitting on its hands. 

I dont just blame the board though, lots of the performances this season have been dire, the first half on Saturday may have been the worst of the lot. The players are not taking charge like you'd expect. 

I know he's not well liked, but when Presley was Captain, & Vlad sacked a coach, Elvis always stepped up and took charge on the pitch. 

Berra’s game has gone. I’m not being funny but he can’t step up because there’s no improvement to be had. McFraud probably thinks he’s world class.

better_call_saul
6 minutes ago, jambotony said:

So many pant wetters on here.. give the club a chance ffs! She said 4-6 weeks. It’s been 4 weeks 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-hold-detailed-talks-daniel-stendel-over-managers-job-tynecastle-1321697

Agreed.

Some of the nonsense written on here in the last 48 hours is verging on pathetic.

18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

PS - this keeper we’ve signed from United is ****ing crap

All 3 goalkeepers we have are pish.   I would actually argue that Zamal is the best of this bad bunch.  Not really saying much though.  

Edited by Randy Marsh

3 minutes ago, better_call_saul said:

Agreed.

Some of the nonsense written on here in the last 4-8 years is verging on pathetic.

Sorted.

17 minutes ago, jambotony said:

So many pant wetters on here.. give the club a chance ffs! She said 4-6 weeks. It’s been 4 weeks 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-hold-detailed-talks-daniel-stendel-over-managers-job-tynecastle-1321697

Some light at the end of the tunnel perhaps!

Edited by Jambo314

15 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Some light at the end of the tunnel perhaps!

Sounds like he's interviewing us.

Holyrood_Hearts
25 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

All 3 goalkeepers we have are pish.   I would actually argue that Zamal is the best of this bad bunch.  Not really saying much though.  

Agreed. Pereira is equally as bad as what we had. Why did we give Doyle an extension as well? Mad

I don't imagine any decent manager will be that impressed with the interviewing panel, this may cause serious delays in getting a new manager in.

12 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I don't imagine any decent manager will be that impressed with the interviewing panel, this may cause serious delays in getting a new manager in.

really - is this now a competition to say the most stupid thing!?  A multi million pound business woman who saved the club has backed every manager, rebuilt the ground, installed a state of the art pitch and we have the best training facilities in Scotland - aye they'll think its Mr Bean at the other side of the desk!!

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

really - is this now a competition to say the most stupid thing!?  A multi million pound business woman who saved the club has backed every manager, rebuilt the ground, installed a state of the art pitch and we have the best training facilities in Scotland - aye they'll think its Mr Bean at the other side of the desk!!

That can't be true. Budge is more interested in face painting and raffles than the football side according to some on here. 

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Quite enlightening, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Mister Dee said:

Berra has reached a  downhill pattern now,pace has gone.

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Please enlighten us with your inside knowledge, you obviously have a privileged access...

1 hour ago, Cut The Crap said:

Sounds like he's interviewing us.

Not a bad thing tbh, being utterly desperate for ‘any’ job available isn’t exactly a good sign either.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No change despite EN report. Stendel has nothing to lose talking to us, having to convince someone is not a good look 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Not a bad thing tbh, being utterly desperate for ‘any’ job available isn’t exactly a good sign either.

Should be a 2 way street. I hope we get things done quickly without having to whoor ourselves 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

You’re absolutely right. Abomination of a keeper but better than the others 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You’re absolutely right. Abomination of a keeper but better than the others 

Whats so bad about Pereira? He makes decent saves and can kick. Plus he doesn't have Zlamal's mad moments, honestly you'd find a better keeper going to watch football at any of Edinburgh's power leagues

So he's not De Gea.. we werent going to get him on loan at 23

7 hours ago, jambotony said:

Not four weeks until Friday. New man in before then it seems. 

6 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Agreed. Pereira is equally as bad as what we had. Why did we give Doyle an extension as well? Mad

How many goals has Pereira sold so far? How many howlers ? Has certainly had a few dodgy moments with cross balls but can’t think of any gifts to the opposition. As for the other two?"?????????????

Holyrood_Hearts
37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How many goals has Pereira sold so far? How many howlers ? Has certainly had a few dodgy moments with cross balls but can’t think of any gifts to the opposition. As for the other two?"?????????????

He’s maybe not had any howlers but either partly responsible/should do better for the first two goals v Celtic at Parkhead, Burke’s winner at Tynecastle he should come for the cross, St Mirren’s 1st goal & Killie’s 1st on Saturday 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

My main criticism of Pereira, the ball must be made of lava in his mind.

Its not a pair of goalkeepers gloves the lad needs but ****ing oven gloves