Odds on next manager

DB-14

Shanks said no
56 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

I'm starting to lose the last shred of confidence I have left in Budge.

I'm thinking the best option would be to leave McPhee in charge until the end of the season or hire a manager on a short term basis until the end of season, only priority is to stay in the division. 

We then replace budge with someone more competent when she hands over the club at the end of the season, then appoint the sporting director and manager.  I don't trust her to make the correct appointments for us long term, I hope I am wrong but the longer this goes on the less confident I am. 

Budge is staying on for another year as Chief Executive I am told

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

I'm thinking the best option would be to leave McPhee in charge until the end of the season or hire a manager on a short term basis until the end of season, only priority is to stay in the division. 

We then replace budge with someone more competent when she hands over the club at the end of the season, then appoint the sporting director and manager.  I don't trust her to make the correct appointments for us long term, I hope I am wrong but the longer this goes on the less confident I am. 

Leaving McPhee in charge till the end of the season would be suicide. 

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

If you gave me a Fiver right now to bet on that list it would be goignon Alan Irvine at 20/1. If Stendal is considering other options then Irvine will be the choice this week IMO

What makes you think that ?

Not a dig just wondering how you think they would go for Irvine

Edited by vegas-voss

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

What makes you think that ?

Not a dig just wondering how you think they would go for Irvine

I believe he was Naismith's recommendation, I heard Pressley mention him last night and from what I gather he's a well respected coach, has worked with youth players and knows the Scottish game. Seems to tick a few boxes. Aside from WBA he's got a fairly decent record as a manger based on stats - I've not looked at much more. Its just a hunch, definitely not claiming to know anything.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I believe he was Naismith's recommendation, I heard Pressley mention him last night and from what I gather he's a well respected coach, has worked with youth players and knows the Scottish game. Seems to tick a few boxes. Aside from WBA he's got a fairly decent record as a manger based on stats - I've not looked at much more. Its just a hunch, definitely not claiming to know anything.

Nah didn't think you were saying you were in the know was just interested how you felt that about him.I really just thought of him as a number 2 so good to read more insight into him.

All roads lead to Gorgie
14 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Leaving McPhee in charge till the end of the season would be suicide. 

It looks like the whole coaching team has lost some if not all of the dressing room. The players can't be as shite as this surely. Correction, given our record of recruitment the latter is looking increasingly more likely.

MacPhee is a non starter for me and a clean slate is vital to sort the mess we are in.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
52 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It looks like the whole coaching team has lost some if not all of the dressing room. The players can't be as shite as this surely. Correction, given our record of recruitment the latter is looking increasingly more likely.

MacPhee is a non starter for me and a clean slate is vital to sort the mess we are in.

The players will have given up in McPhee long before Levein went. He’s clearly got no talent and is bluffing his way along as a coach. 

8 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

May aswell merge this with Stendal thread

Hopefully not. I'm still banned for posting some ITK information that wasn't well received. Will be vindicated when he's announced in the next couple of days. 

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I agree with you but he won’t be Hearts manager for two reasons.

1. His record as a manager.

2. We don’t need a noisy minority against our new manager from the start.

Mind you, given that even John Robertson wouldn’t unite the fans on here, option 2 has a certain inevitability about it no matter who is appointed. Even if Stendel is given the job today, some tit will say he’s not happy because he never tore up the Championship with Barnsley and in 3 years time when we go on a wee bad run, the poster will quote himself from today and say, “I told you so.”

He said himself he's not in for it and acknowledged he needs to make the next career move a right one to allow his career to progress. 

I think everyone knows he was in a stronger position to get the job in 2017 but won't be under consideration this time. 

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

After listening to Presley last night it left me thinking pretty much the same ... ( could it even be possible Presley as his no2) if he was to get the job

4 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Leave Macphee in charge until the end of the season!!!!

are you mad?

did you watch our last game?

4 hours ago, ericb said:

I think I'd rather Irvine than Stendel.

Main thing for me is whoever is given the freedom to retain/get rid of the crew of coaches we have. You cannot bring someone in and say here's a ready made team.... McPhee, Park, Fox, Daley, Kirk, Naysmith, Rankin - up to the new man to decide, not Budge. PS, I cant possibly know, but lets assume an average annual wage of 50K for each of them, thats 350K !!!

£350k is peanuts. i'd double that for quality. I'd save plenty on getting rid of players who should never of been at a team like Hearts.

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

£350k is peanuts. i'd double that for quality. I'd save plenty on getting rid of players who should never of been at a team like Hearts.

£350K is not peanuts for a team like Hearts, to put it into perspective that is circa 700 season tickets.

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:41, Haken said:

C'mon, Mods, not even subtle.  'shanyaks' ffs.  Get this spoon burner punted back to fisters.net.

more subtle than you think apparently...im a jambo. Only contributing to the mill from a now un(reliable) source.

wind thy neck in.

Say What Again

I've been looking at Oddschecker on and off during the day.

looks like as of an hour ago tops, the only bookies still taking bets on this are SkyBet.

PaddyPower and Ladbrokes have vanished in that time

Just now, AndyNic said:

Can't work out how to do it. Saying send from URL?

I'll just post it. What a scoop.

20191126_151212.jpg

May I ask what age you are don't take this personally 😊👍

Arthur Morgan
25 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

I've been looking at Oddschecker on and off during the day.

looks like as of an hour ago tops, the only bookies still taking bets on this are SkyBet.

PaddyPower and Ladbrokes have vanished in that time

Only Sky and Bet Victor now. Sky 1/5 and Bet Victor 1/6.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Actually it's a scarf round the neck pic.

It's over his headed and folded in two, with a plate of spaghetti very interestingly on top

He has great balance 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No sign of McFraud

:pleasing:

Who is McFraud?

Is that McCall who's managed over 500 games?

Edited by rudi must stay

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Who is McFraud?

Is that McCall who's managed over 500 games?

has he really? Wonder why hes never stuck in anyone’s mind.. 500 forgettable games..

6 weeks only to appoint Stuart McCall would be up there with the disappointment when we appointed Anatoly K .. 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

has he really? Wonder why hes never stuck in anyone’s mind.. 500 forgettable games..

6 weeks only to appoint Stuart McCall would be up there with the disappointment when we appointed Anatoly K .. 

Yeah no way could they spin as number one choice like always gets said at these things.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Korobochka you mean?

He was alright 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

That's photoshopped.

Nah. Just think it was taken on an instant camera 

Shanks said no

Skybet favourites at 2015, yawn

Daniel Stendel     1/5
Neil Warnock       7/1
Steve Robinson   10/1
Stuart McCall      12/1
Austin MacPhee   14/1
Neil McCann          16/1
Alan Irvine              20/1
Alex McLeish         20/1  <<<<<<<still not laughing
Jim Jefferies         20/1
Paul Ince                 20/1

6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Skybet favourites at 2015, yawn

Daniel Stendel     1/5
Neil Warnock       7/1
Steve Robinson   10/1
Stuart McCall      12/1
Austin MacPhee   14/1
Neil McCann          16/1
Alan Irvine              20/1
Alex McLeish         20/1  <<<<<<<still not laughing
Jim Jefferies         20/1
Paul Ince                 20/1

McLeish. 😂😂😂😂😂

😳😳😳😳😳

On 24/11/2019 at 20:52, Jodami said:

I wonder if ITK fantasist is an actual registered condition. If not there is a welter of research data available for anyone looking to put together a case. 

Think it probably falls under the mythomaniac umbrella. Paeudologia fantastica. 😎

52 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Think it probably falls under the mythomaniac umbrella. Paeudologia fantastica. 😎

Just out of curiosity, how far do you think you could get up your own arse?

1 minute ago, Satsumo said:

Probably no more than a finger. its not something I’ve ever tried though, so don’t quote me on that. Bit of a personal question though mate, and a little bit off topic. 

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Satsumo said:

:clap::interehjrling: The low post counts are rebelling tonight

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

:clap::interehjrling: The low post counts are rebelling tonight

Strange esp after the convos on some threads earlier 😂

Dusk_Till_Dawn
29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No change at Skybet.

Maybe some have gone too soon????

Ignore the odds mate, these markets are a load of shite. Bookies coining it