Odds on next manager

DB-14

12 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

We’re gonna end up with Terry Butcher as manager being watched over by our new sporting director....Willie Miller...☹️

:laugh2:  :seething:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

39 minutes ago, 1902hewat said:

If it is not anyone mentioned in the list and he has experience of the Scottish game then Alex McLeish

Just for that comment I've got you on "ignore"!

49 minutes ago, 1902hewat said:

If it is not anyone mentioned in the list and he has experience of the Scottish game then Alex McLeish

Top trolling mate.  Caught a few.:lol:

Howdy Doody Jambo
12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Wonder why bet victor have ended the betting on our next manager. 

Probably ran out of Web pages 

31 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Bet Victor have exited the market.

I emailed them, got a reply that there traders had removed market as a business decision and wont be reopening it.

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I emailed them, got a reply that there traders had removed market as a business decision and wont be reopening it.

What does it all mean???

Edited by Pans Jambo

37 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Bet Victor have exited the market.

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Hopefully Stendel flying into Edinburgh on a sleigh pulled my reindeer...

9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

What does it all mean???

Either they know something is happening, the recent betting on Stendal makes them believe something is happening or they’ve decided it’s not worth their while continuing in the market. 

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, 1902hewat said:

Jesus feckin wept, no serious Jambo would even consider this shit! 

21 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Either they know something is happening, the recent betting on Stendal makes them believe something is happening or they’ve decided it’s not worth their while continuing in the market. 

The latter was my first thought. I doubt many people were betting on the Bet Victor market.

56 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Jesus feckin wept, no serious Jambo would even consider this shit! 

Said tongue in cheek!!

but sometimes sh*t happens …

welcome me back Craig!!😱😱

1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

Nobody will be interested in the market so they'll have scrapped it. 

The Old Tolbooth
23 minutes ago, 1902hewat said:

Said tongue in cheek!!

but sometimes sh*t happens …

welcome me back Craig!!😱😱

Phew! 

You never know on here mate! :sweatdrop:

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

what's this in a paper this morning stating that Stendel wants to stay and manage in England.

That's his preferance,maybe when he sees the set up here,he will fancy it.

4 hours ago, ford donald said:

That's his preferance,maybe when he sees the set up here,he will fancy it.

The facilities and the best city in the world. He should be flattered to be considered for the best job in football.

No I’ve not been drinking.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

The facilities and the best city in the world. He should be flattered to be considered for the best job in football.

No I’ve not been drinking.

And if he's not, he can **** off back to the wonderful metropolis that is Barnsley, shit hole. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hopefully Stendel flying into Edinburgh on a sleigh pulled my reindeer...

:oohmatron:

Captain Canada

I genuinely don't think the bookies or fans have a clue on this. For example, Neil McCann is 20/1 with one firm and 4/1 with two others. 

I'm hoping that a lack of update on the process (I obviously wouldn't expect any names) might mean we're close to making an announcement on at least one of the roles. 

While I appreciate the original timescale given and the reasons why, there's a definite growing sense of impatience developing amongst some fans, probably partly due to the last botched recruitment process and dithering over Levein's removal as manager. 

Every appointment is a big gamble and I'm not sure if taking six weeks to hire someone is going to negate any of that risk. 

Maroon Sailor

Think the problem with the waiting game is that some managers might feel their nose being put out of joint.

They get a sense they were not the No.1 target and we end up with someone who is a last resort.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Think the problem with the waiting game is that some managers might feel their nose being put out of joint.

They get a sense they were not the No.1 target and we end up with someone who is a last resort.

This could be the case.

kingantti1874
39 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Exactly.. it’s a very strange way to appoint a manager.. why would Robinson want an interview now?

hearts 4 the cup
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Exactly.. it’s a very strange way to appoint a manager.. why would Robinson want an interview now?

Robinson should want an interview because it’s a chance to further his career. The team might not be in great shape right now but hearts will always be a step up over Motherwell in every respect.

Hopefully this is all sorted by early next week

Starting to think this all has an air of familiarity about it. Sack a manager, have a prolonged search for a new one, and then discover that the “answer” was already at the club. 

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

Starting to think this all has an air of familiarity about it. Sack a manager, have a prolonged search for a new one, and then discover that the “answer” was already at the club. 

Ann maybe dragging her heels hoping for McPhee to turn it around.

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

Robinson should want an interview because it’s a chance to further his career. The team might not be in great shape right now but hearts will always be a step up over Motherwell in every respect.

Hopefully this is all sorted by early next week

he won’t take an interview unless he’s confident he will land the job, would completely sour his relationship with current club and fans.. we done nothing to suggest he’d be anywhere near first choice.

said it a fe times, our approach to this appointment is as if we are trying to appoint a marketing manager

Jean Louis Valois

I think the club has already messed this up. We should have identified who we wanted sharpish and made an offer as soon as Levein was out the way. We can slag them off but Hibs have approached this the right way.

51 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Ann maybe dragging her heels hoping for McPhee to turn it around.

I think this is precisely her thinking, if McPhee gets a few wins then it becomes easier to give him the job and give us the line about the answer being under our noses all along with any outcry looking harsh if he's winning matches. 

It's not for me, I really feel we are missing out on a big opportunity in not doing all we can to get Warnock in. 

Leveins Battalion
38 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I think the club has already messed this up. We should have identified who we wanted sharpish and made an offer as soon as Levein was out the way. We can slag them off but Hibs have approached this the right way.

Ann budge clearly stated 4-6 weeks due to restructuring and the creation of the SD role,folk need to stop saying she has messed this up.

Hearts have made no further comment on this and the media dont have a whiff of who were speaking to and it's annoying them.

I'm not sure in what way Hibs have approached this the right way?

Most of my mates or are Hibees are pretty gutted they have went straight in for Jack Ross 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

I think this is precisely her thinking, if McPhee gets a few wins then it becomes easier to give him the job and give us the line about the answer being under our noses all along with any outcry looking harsh if he's winning matches. 

It's not for me, I really feel we are missing out on a big opportunity in not doing all we can to get Warnock in. 

McPhee cannot be given the job. We need something different, someone better. If she appoints McPhee she will have made a mockery of the interview process for the second time and this ‘boot room’ mentality will continue, despite the fact that none of the staff currently there have what it takes to take us where we want to be.

I have to admit, my confidence that we will appoint someone who will take us to a higher level is beginning to wane.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Wonder if Austin would be up for both the roles.

SD Monday through to Wednesday then team boss the rest of the week.

Donald Park could take the first team squad when AM not in attendance. 

28 minutes ago, luckydug said:

115 pages and this is hands down the worst idea in this thread.

Shanks said no

No real change but Skybet favourites at 10am

Daniel Stendel          1/5

Austin MacPhee      7/1

Stuart McCall          9/1

Neil Warnock         10/1

Steve Robinson     12/1

54 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You mean the same disaster that Levein precided over? Why not chuck in looking after the Academy and Ball Boys as well.

AB is trying to move on from the previous  mistakes not just replicate them.

Edited by wavydavy

Spoke to one of the academy coaches who was on his way through to Motherwell this morning & he didn’t know anything or he was a good poker player. I think it was the former.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Then when Austin is finished we could give Daly the dual role. Hard to see any flaws. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Then when Austin is finished we could give Daly the dual role. Hard to see any flaws. 

Spew worthy. 

If we appoint Austin we're a complete joke. 

Seymour M Hersh
22 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Knowing little or nothing about betting as I do what would that email imply? It's a done deal and they don't want to lose money or something completely different? 

Just now, indianajones said:

Spew worthy. 

If we appoint Austin we're a complete joke. 

I don’t want him as manager. Truth is nobody knows what tactical input and guidance he gave under the last two bosses. The fans wouldn’t accept ‘the best guy was in the building’ chat for a second time.

Despite that, I think the SD role would suit him.

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Knowing little or nothing about betting as I do what would that email imply? It's a done deal and they don't want to lose money or something completely different? 

I would have thought so but like you I dont know too much about it.He was 1/8 when it was shut down.

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It could be they know its a done deal but more likely the betting on different candidates has been all over the place and they're not confident they can make money. Bookies really don't work off how likely something is to happen but on how much money is being placed on the different outcomes.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

McPhee cannot be given the job. We need something different, someone better. If she appoints McPhee she will have made a mockery of the interview process for the second time and this ‘boot room’ mentality will continue, despite the fact that none of the staff currently there have what it takes to take us where we want to be.

I have to admit, my confidence that we will appoint someone who will take us to a higher level is beginning to wane.

what about if, rather than taking a risk and assessing against performance in a different league and different budget and different coaching structure, possibly different language and a glitzy interview, we could get the prospective candidate to perform the role on a trial period without any commitment.  See if their strategy is different and better than the previous incumbent, see how he deals with underperforming players. How he fares home and away against lower and upper League teams. Then decide whether or no that candidate can deliver what we are looking for MASSIVELY reducing the risk of appointment. 

Or we could discard such an opportunity in favour of appointing someone really quickly cos the fans are impatient and the fact that he may have the same ideas as the sacked manager through guilt by association. 

not saying McPhee is right. What I am saying is we have a free shot at trialing him in post and meantime progressing other avenues. 

why discard such an opportunity. 

11 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Problem with the “waiting game” is Budge has no clue what she’s doing and the experienced and high profile managers haven’t appeared at the wages we can pay. Should have gone for Ross imo but now we’re likely to end up with Austin until Xmas as there appears to be little alternative. Once again the football side of the “business” appears a mess buy heyho well sell some merchandise in the run up Xmas.