Odds on next manager

DB-14

On 20/11/2019 at 10:39, Adam_the_legend said:

You’ve been a key member of a consistently underperforming team for 3 years, here have a promotion. 

Is it a promotion or a sideways move to a more suitable role? Not the first time I’ve seen that in business. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is it a promotion or a sideways move to a more suitable role? Not the first time I’ve seen that in business. 

Pretty sure Asst Manager to SD would be a promotion. He’s a football coach, what experience does he have that qualifies him for an SD role. How many player transfers/contracts has he negotiated in his life? Are you telling me there are no candidates out there better qualified for a SD role than AM??

Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

Pretty sure Asst Manager to SD would be a promotion. He’s a football coach, what experience does he have that qualifies him for an SD role. How many player transfers/contracts has he negotiated in his life? Are you telling me there are no candidates out there better qualified for a SD role than AM??

We don’t know if he has the job yet or what the terms of the job are. He does have a lot of solid business experience and maybe we don’t want to spend a lot of money on the role which could rule out stronger candidates. Personally I’d rather we spent our money on a manager for the first team. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Might have a few bob on Alan Irvine. Not because I want him, but Naismith might just be Ann and Austins new god.

I hope he's in strong contention for SD or manager. People have been criticising the interview approach but I'm pretty sure it means we now have a first and second choice SD/manager combo in mind (eg Irvine/Stendel or McPhee/Irvine) and it all depends on contract negotiations, etc now, which as we saw with Hibs last season can break down at a very late stage.

In fact she probably spoke to Dempster about that. Quote from Budge : " I’m talking to a lot of other clubs because they’ve gone through this. I am talking to predominately clubs in Scotland, I have been talking about how they’ve done it, has it worked, where have the problems been? I am trying to arm myself with as much information as I can.”

We've probably also got a 3rd choice in mind, like one of the early interviewees or someone like Robbo, or McPhee until the end of the season.

47 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

McInnes did go 1/7 before he decided he wasn't concomitant with his boyhoods

Surprised McInnes has not been in the running, in terms of bookies odds.

Sounds like he is gagging for the job every time he comes to Tynecastle. 

5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Surprised McInnes has not been in the running, in terms of bookies odds.

Sounds like he is gagging for the job every time he comes to Tynecastle. 

Maybe he is the secret dark horse...  😎

8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Makes it all the more disappointing if we don't get him :(

Absolutely.

While there are no guarantees in football, from what I’ve read and from footage I’ve seen, I think this would be a terrific appointment. 

There have been so many conflicting comments as to the likelihood of this happening, it’s impossible to tell who to believe! 

Oh the excitement 😂

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Maybe he is the secret dark horse...  😎

My wife is an Aberdeen fan - that would be glorious for gloating purposes alone! 

StevenNaismith

I’ve been banned from the Stendel thread for a tongue in cheek comment regarding Gregg’s on Gorgie Road. 🙈

Stendel is in Edinburgh at the moment and once we agree a deal with Barnsley he will be announced as our new gaffer.

Arthur Morgan
4 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Absolutely.

While there are no guarantees in football, from what I’ve read and from footage I’ve seen, I think this would be a terrific appointment. 

There have been so many conflicting comments as to the likelihood of this happening, it’s impossible to tell who to believe! 

Oh the excitement 😂

It's like the McGhee saga all over again, I remember that day on here :lol:

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’ve been banned from the Stendel thread for a tongue in cheek comment regarding Gregg’s on Gorgie Road. 🙈

Stendel is in Edinburgh at the moment and once we agree a deal with Barnsley he will be announced as our new gaffer.

Without the tongue in cheek comment, how do you know he’s in Edinburgh?

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Ooft. 

StevenNaismith
3 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Without the tongue in cheek comment, how do you know he’s in Edinburgh?

I can’t reveal my source mate and I won’t make any more tongue in cheek comments about seeing him in Gregg’s either. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No way he’s gone from 1/2 to 1/8 due to bets being placed at 1/2. Must be something in this ...

1/8 is heavy. 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No way he’s gone from 1/2 to 1/8 due to bets being placed at 1/2. Must be something in this ...

That's entirely why the odds have changed. Unless you think Budge makes sure to keep the bookies up to date on every twist and turn in the negotiation.

8 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I got banned from the Jack Ross thread as well 😂

The Future's Maroon
5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I can’t reveal my source mate and I won’t make any more tongue in cheek comments about seeing him in Gregg’s either. 

The comment wasn’t even that bad, yet banned, ffs 😂

All cos a few snowflakes think your at the wind up (due to the folk doing it yesterday).

Edited by The Future's Maroon

8 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Mental Barnsley don't want him but we need to agree a deal for him 

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

All cos a few snowflakes think your at the wind up (due to the folk doing it yesterday).

‘snowflakes’

The sure-fire way to identify the hard of thinking.

Arthur Morgan
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

‘snowflakes’

Lol'd at that also. Snowflakes because we don't believe him, alright then. 

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

‘snowflakes’

It’s just a common term these days in society, so I used it?

But folk getting so worked up about a possible rumour is a bit sad, really, it is.

The Future's Maroon
Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

Lol'd at that also. Snowflakes because we don't believe him, alright then. 

he wouldn’t have been banned from the thread due to folk saying they don’t believe him, it’s be the easily offended ones actually reporting the post.

1/8 on is bizarre. Generally speaking I’d say nobody has a clue and it’s all speculation, but for them to be that ludicrously short someone must have put a big chunk of money on the guy. And why would you do that unless you knew something?

Arthur Morgan
1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

he wouldn’t have been banned from the thread due to folk saying they don’t believe him, it’s be the easily offended ones actually reporting the post.

Ah, reporting the greggs post. I agree that's a little pathetic. 

Just now, The Future's Maroon said:

It’s just a common term these days in society, so I used it?

But folk getting so worked up about a possible rumour is a bit sad, really, it is.

Yeah...a common term used by halfwits.

I see you don’t think SN is at the windup, have you developed psychic powers...that enable you to determine people you’ve never met in person are telling the truth online?

For clarity, anyone that says they’re ITK is an attention seeking fantasist...they’re deserving of our pity, for having such low self esteem they need a confidence boost by pretending to know secret information about Hearts.

10 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

He's been at it for years under various usernames. LoveNgoo and TheExecutive being two (maybe he should pick a different name format next time). 

18 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

That's entirely why the odds have changed. Unless you think Budge makes sure to keep the bookies up to date on every twist and turn in the negotiation.

Someone who bet Stendel at 1/2 knows something concrete. Otherwise it would be a total waste of time!

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

It'll be skinny people, that don't like pastries. Or carbs. Edinburgh's full of pretentious ****wits like that.

I was truly shocked that Greggs don't actually sell rolls anymore. Popped in to the Porty shop at the weekend and was told they had stopped stocking them. I had to walk 100 yards to Baynes. To be fair their rolls were much better than the ones Greggs used to sell.

Italian Lambretta
43 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

CL seen leaving the bookies shortly before the odds tumbled to 1-8 :levein2:

Shhh your not allowed to mention that on here some kickbackers will take offence. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Someone who bet Stendel at 1/2 knows something concrete. Otherwise it would be a total waste of time!

There's something not right abut Skybet's 1/8, Paddy Power and Betfair still offering 8/15 right now.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Or lots of people read that he was the new manager on here and put a bet on him, then they told their mates that he was being "announced tomorrow", so their mates put bets on, then his odds decrease and other people say "he must be a cert" and put yet more bets on.

5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He's been at it for years under various usernames. LoveNgoo and TheExecutive being two (maybe he should pick a different name format next time). 

Bit unfair. Maybe his space bar is broken. 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Or lots of people read that he was the new manager on here and put a bet on him, then they told their mates that he was being "announced tomorrow", so their mates put bets on, then his odds decrease and other people say "he must be a cert" and put yet more bets on.

I like a wee gamble but there is no way I would have a bet based on the posts of randoms on JKB

Coburg Hearts
36 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

It's like the McGhee saga all over again, I remember that day on here :lol:

I hardly ******* slept that night. haha

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I like a wee gamble but there is no way I would have a bet based on the posts of randoms on JKB

You or I might not, but tons of people on here very clearly fell for it. They might not have known JKB was the original source either.

Arthur Morgan
Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

I hardly ******* slept that night. haha

I'm getting the same feeling too, I have the feeling he won't be our new manager even though I want it to happen :D

Tbf we dodged a bullet with McGhee even though I was disappointed at the time. 

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I'm getting the same feeling too, I have the feeling he won't be our new manager even though I want it to happen :D

Tbf we dodged a bullet with McGhee even though I was disappointed at the time. 

My mood is fluctuating with the odds. One moment I'm all for it, the next I have my doubts. Don't know if I'm coming or going.  

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Stern aswell I've been told could be wrong though?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A bookie is likely to price according to information at hand as well as market conditions .

Probability is 87.5% which is remarkably close to 85%

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Who would bet it at 1/2, based on information posted in here? You would have to stake at least £200 at that price to make it worth your while. Anyone who has bet £200 based on the JKB slaver grenades needs to have a word with themselves!