Odds on next manager

DB-14

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Wonder if Austin would be up for both the roles.

SD Monday through to Wednesday then team boss the rest of the week.

Donald Park could take the first team squad when AM not in attendance. 

You should apologise for this post. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

8 minutes ago, Sid said:

what about if, rather than taking a risk and assessing against performance in a different league and different budget and different coaching structure, possibly different language and a glitzy interview, we could get the prospective candidate to perform the role on a trial period without any commitment.  See if their strategy is different and better than the previous incumbent, see how he deals with underperforming players. How he fares home and away against lower and upper League teams. Then decide whether or no that candidate can deliver what we are looking for MASSIVELY reducing the risk of appointment. 

Or we could discard such an opportunity in favour of appointing someone really quickly cos the fans are impatient and the fact that he may have the same ideas as the sacked manager through guilt by association. 

not saying McPhee is right. What I am saying is we have a free shot at trialing him in post and meantime progressing other avenues. 

why discard such an opportunity

because we are struggling at the wrong end of the league, if we give McPhee till Xmas and we are still struggling then we will have wasted 2 months (approx 12 matches) looking for a manager.

Make the decision, no trial periods... it smacks of indecision, I’m afraid I don’t have faith in the correct choice being made on this.

Edited by jbee647

2 minutes ago, munro9 said:

Problem with the “waiting game” is Budge has no clue what she’s doing and the experienced and high profile managers haven’t appeared at the wages we can pay. Should have gone for Ross imo but now we’re likely to end up with Austin until Xmas as there appears to be little alternative. Once again the football side of the “business” appears a mess buy heyho well sell some merchandise in the run up Xmas. 

I'd rather have Austin than Ross anytime.

If we had appointed Ross there would have been loads on here complaining about being unambitious. 

In any case I thought the ITK wizards had decided that Austin was going to be SD.

There isn't any of the candidates on the betting lists who I would say I had complete faith in.

Perhaps there will be someone not listed. I hope so.

14 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

because we are struggling at the wrong end of the league, if we give McPhee till Xmas and we are still struggling then we will have wasted 2 months (approx 12 matches) looking for a manager.

Make the decision, no trial periods... it smacks of indecision, I’m afraid I don’t have faith in the correct choice being made on this.

We've  played one league game since Austin took over and won it convincingly. 

If that was a new manager that had that result and performance we'd all be happy .

Why no give him another few games to see if he can keep it up

Whoever ends up getting it , I'll get behind them.

Should Austin get it then clearly he could succeed and I'm sure that's what we'd all want.

Regardless of the end though, I honestly feel the process just isn't right. This is the second time we've approached finding a new manager as though we are hiring for any random job. Whether it's right or wrong Football is different and I think we've just made ourselves look naive and exposed a lack of forward planning. 

Not saying it won't end well eventually but I do seriously question some of the footballing decisions that are made.

Fort Vallance
27 minutes ago, Sid said:

what about if, rather than taking a risk and assessing against performance in a different league and different budget and different coaching structure, possibly different language and a glitzy interview, we could get the prospective candidate to perform the role on a trial period without any commitment.  See if their strategy is different and better than the previous incumbent, see how he deals with underperforming players. How he fares home and away against lower and upper League teams. Then decide whether or no that candidate can deliver what we are looking for MASSIVELY reducing the risk of appointment. 

Or we could discard such an opportunity in favour of appointing someone really quickly cos the fans are impatient and the fact that he may have the same ideas as the sacked manager through guilt by association. 

not saying McPhee is right. What I am saying is we have a free shot at trialing him in post and meantime progressing other avenues. 

why discard such an opportunity. 

Assuming you're talking about the SD post this makes a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Who said Christmas?  I suggested Killie, Rangers from my description. His record so far on helping address the immediate issue. Played 1 won 1, improved the goal difference by 3. At that rate, we’ll be relegated by Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Not.  

3 hours ago, Sid said:

No thanks. And as for “we could discard such an opportunity in favour of appointing someone really quickly cos the fans are impatient”  you need to look up the definition of the word quickly.

I am happy to wait for the right person to be appointed, I just don’t think that person should be Austin McPhee.

59 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

No thanks. And as for “we could discard such an opportunity in favour of appointing someone really quickly cos the fans are impatient”  you need to look up the definition of the word quickly.

I am happy to wait for the right person to be appointed, I just don’t think that person should be Austin McPhee.

That’s 18 words? 
Anyway. Think we just about have our answer on McPhee. 

22 minutes ago, Masonic said:

cash out if u can he rejected job odds from 1/10 now 1/4 and it will keep getting bigger just like usual the punters taken for the mugs they are

He hasn't rejected job.

12 hours ago, jambocub said:

If that was a new manager that had that result and performance we'd all be happy .

You still want to give him more time?? 3 games. 2 embarrassing defeats. One win v a pi$$ poor st Mirren. 

He isnt the guy to take us forward. A complete clear out needed and a proper football guy to take us forward. 

7 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Think I'll stick a ten spot on Neil McCann

Can't see any others wanting to take on this crap

You may just make money on that , sadly 

I'm actually thinking do we take someone until the end of the season as I'm not confident Budge will make the right choice?

I'm pretty sure she'll be away at the end of the season so why should whoever comes in be stuck with a neil mccann or austin mcphee on a 3 year contract? 

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

You still want to give him more time?? 3 games. 2 embarrassing defeats. One win v a pi$$ poor st Mirren. 

He isnt the guy to take us forward. A complete clear out needed and a proper football guy to take us forward. 

After today's result no 

Out of intrest  who do you think should be in charge ?

18 hours ago, Sid said:

Still happy to sit and wait with McPhee on trial?

18 hours ago, jambocub said:

Still think the same?

2 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Hell no!!!! 

Aye, let's appoint fecking Warnock or some other auld helmet, who doesn't give a feck if wee get relegated or not. We need Robbo/JJ now.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Aye, let's appoint fecking Warnock or some other auld helmet, who doesn't give a feck if wee get relegated or not. We need Robbo/JJ now.

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Still think the same?

I’d hope he doesn’t.  

The thing is, If a new manager had been in charge for the last two games everyone is of the understanding he’s needing time to bed in , impose his style and mentality on the team and assess the squad with his own eyes. 

All we’re getting just now is the same repetitive, uninspiring, morale sapping pish. 

The whole club club needs a lift and that means freshness. It’s amazing how that still doesn’t register with many?

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’d hope he doesn’t.  

The thing is, If a new manager had been in charge for the last two games everyone is of the understanding he’s needing time to bed in , impose his style and mentality on the team and assess the squad with his own eyes. 

All we’re getting just now is the same repetitive, uninspiring, morale sapping pish. 

The whole club club needs a lift and that means freshness. It’s amazing how that still doesn’t register with many?

Totally agree.  We need someone who comes in and immediately the players know we need to perform for this guy or we'll be out the door ie a Burley/JJ type.  We need someone that they respect and want to run through walls for.

From the candidates mentioned so far, Warnock or Stendel fit that bill.

8 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Totally agree.  We need someone who comes in and immediately the players know we need to perform for this guy or we'll be out the door ie a Burley/JJ type.  We need someone that they respect and want to run through walls for.

From the candidates mentioned so far, Warnock or Stendel fit that bill.

Yip. And in turn you find out who wants to run through walls and who doesn’t. 

You then go about(in time) fixing the squad. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Hahaha 🤣💩 classic kickback 

It's becoming clear that we need a proven experienced manager. We are not In a position to experiment as relegation could become a real posability. 

The length of time it's taking is also a worry. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, His name is said:

It's becoming clear that we need a proven experienced manager. We are not In a position to experiment as relegation could become a real posability. 

The length of time it's taking is also a worry. 

Ann’s playing the long long long game.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ann don’t have a clue folks.

If she’s getting advice from anyone that could be worrying who it is.

Walter Smith’s name was mentioned. Ffs.

You could imagine the names he would put forward.

😩🥵

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

21 hours ago, luckydug said:

If we had appointed Ross there would have been loads on here complaining about being unambitious. 

In any case I thought the ITK wizards had decided that Austin was going to be SD.

There isn't any of the candidates on the betting lists who I would say I had complete faith in.

You would rather we had McPhee than Ross? Based on what? Ross had success at St Mirren and Alloa and a 50% win record , iirc, in League 1 with Sunderland.  Appointing McPhee would be the least ambitious option of all.  I do believe however that she will soon approach Motherwell to soeak to Robinson. There is no other viable option. 

21 hours ago, luckydug said:

What a lot of utter 💩💩💩💩💩💩

You are saying that purely because Hibs have appointed him! 

We need someone in pronto, or relegation is a real possibility, the international break was the perfect time to appoint a manager, but no, we're still dicking about, ffs I've got more chance of winning the lottery, than Anne making a decision on a manager, 

The clock is ticking

16 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ann don’t have a clue folks.

Who would you rather have Dumpster or Ann who saved the club and now has us financially secure with a new main stand in place. Her business acumen is superb. She wants a new manager who will stay for a good time and someone who will jump ship at first opportunity. Yes she needs help on footballing matters but blame the clowns giving her advice.

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

We’re going to end up with Stuart McCall or the likes.

I would take McCall right now. 
He will come in and sort the place out if nothing else. Has done it in this league before. 
Let’s be honest we are looking less attractive by the week to potential managers. He would be one of the better ones on a poor shortlist!!! 

Any potential manager watching that yesterday, would have second thoughts, might see it as a challenge too far.

Whoever gets the gig, has got a massive job on their hands, massive!

kingantti1874
22 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I would take McCall right now. 
He will come in and sort the place out if nothing else. Has done it in this league before. 
Let’s be honest we are looking less attractive by the week to potential managers. He would be one of the better ones on a poor shortlist!!! 

Any manager we choose needs to have the backing of at least some fans and he’d be a massively unpopular option

Edited by kingantti1874

12 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Any potential manager watching that yesterday, would have second thoughts, might see it as a challenge too far.

Whoever gets the gig, has got a massive job on their hands, massive!

Although I manage in a different industry everybody said to me when I moved why you want to go there? That place is a nightmare etc etc but as an ambitious manager it didn't stop me. If any manager looks at us and says no that's too much of a challenge for me they would be aswell doing something else

Edited by bazman