• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Davie Moyes with Steven Naismith doing his apprenticeship as number 2. 

If he’s successful he will probably  be gone within 2 years and if he wants to take Naismith we’d have to be compensated for 2 years of a playing contract. If not, a smooth transition to Naismith as manager. 

Aim high!!! 

Would make sense having Naismith in the coaching staff seeing he has a four year deal and has worked with Moyes before.

If Killie managed to appoint Clarke, I see no reason we can't at least sound him out to see if he's remotely interested. Would be an incredible appointment.

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

****ing hope not

Yeah what's your reasoning? Good record, plays youth and speaks very well. Always passionate on the touch line would be more than happy with him as the gaffer.

...a bit disco

Robinson can gtf.

His part in falsely accusing fans of racial (?) abuse was unforgivable.

26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

****ing hope not

Think he could do ok. He didn't have a hope at Oldham and done well at Motherwell (who should be in a relegation battle every year). Maybe not my first pick but 'could do a job' as they say.

26 minutes ago, skodef said:

Heard Robinson is the favourite and Hearts intend to make an official approach today.

I think it would be a good choice,knows the spl,signed some cracking players,still young and ambitous.

He has Martin Foyle ex Port Vale player who does scouting for him down south, has unearthed a few gems for Motherwell recently. Hopefully he gets to bring in his own staff and we clear the decks of the current regime. 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, clark963 said:

Yeah what's your reasoning? Good record, plays youth and speaks very well. Always passionate on the touch line would be more than happy with him as the gaffer.

7th first year

8th second year

Lost to levein many times and every time they’ve been absolutely average at best.

has played good football “this season” but mainly a hoofball merchant that quite a few Motherwell fans aren’t bothered to see going..

this season is a flash in the pan.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Water under the bridge, m8. Etc, etc...

Not in my book.

Done bun can't be undone.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

How reliable are they with there stories ?

I hope the speculation is just that and we invite applicants and take it from there. 

...a bit disco
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

For those wanting Robinson, did you only start watching Scottish football this season 😆 

Indeed.

He's been in the firing line from the Well fans on a good couple of occasions now.

Robinson! No thanks. It’s only the 1st day of recruitment ffs, let’s wait & see who applies first, it’s like a panic appointment. At least give potential applicants on the shortlist a chance to state their case. We’ve an opportunity here to maybe get someone far superior to Robinson.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Indeed.

He's been in the firing line from the Well fans on a good couple of occasions now.

Exactly .. this Robinson love in is doing my head in.. average!

Hearts are making an official approach to Motherwell for Stephen Robinson as they look to appoint him as their new manager, Football Insider understands.

The SPL club have set their sights on the 44-year-old to replace sacked Craig Levein and are ready to pay the £120,000 compensation needed to prise hm from Fir Park.

Looks likely he is the one 

55 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

****ing hope not

Really I personally think he is a very good manager they play good football and he had zero budget to work with 

Selkirkhmfc1874
25 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I hope the speculation is just that and we invite applicants and take it from there. 

Totally agree 

kingantti1874

OLDHAM - Failed

MOTHERWELL

1st season 7th HOOFBALL

2nd season 8th HOOFBALL

Lost Many times to Levein, and every time we’ve played them they were average at best..  

they have had a decent start to this season, though they also lost to us!! They are playing well but commonly recognise he was forced into a change of style.They’ve had a lucky cup run but we are the evidence that counts for nothing..

overall this guy has done absolutely nothing to warrant this job. One look on Motherwell forums will tell you the well fans are not that fussed about him leaving and recognise that many time’s over his reign he could have been sacked.. 

He’s a flash in the plan and NOT what we need, especially given he will come with a cash fee

FFS hearts be more imaginative that Robinson

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Moyes should be the starting point, at least a question.

From there, I really hope we have learned from Hibs, English lower league managers knowing nothing about Scotland sign the likes of Christian Doidge, among other misfits.

Not averse to a manager from abroad though, they seem to have broader mindsets than the Englander.

If we look within Scotland, it can only really be a choice of Robinson, Holt or the Hearts man angle, McCann, Robbo, Neilson.

Holt basically bulldozes matches, albeit very well.

McCann couldn't handle the pressure at Dundee, don't fancy him when things get mental, and with us, that wont take long to happen at all. Neilson, well, perhaps that would be just too samey, never going to be accepted as himself.

Robbo, interesting, but no real exposure to the Premier of late, it would be a risk. He would certainly have the fans backing, but there are some genuinely big players in that changing room now, and I think it requires perhaps more street cred than Robbo may have with the players specifically.

Which leaves Robinson. Undeniably he has done a decent job at Motherwell, and in difficult circumstances. Attacks, likes width, physical.

But there is nothing there we haven't seen from other managers, is he up to a job like this one?

With so much doubt over who can take on, what can now only be described as a poisoned chalice, its important we make maximum effort to get a strong character, I would certainly begin that process understanding what it would take to entice a Moyes

Edited by Sir Gio

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So they started the process today and before lunch, we have decided and are making an offer. Hahahahaha

Remember when gary Locke left robbie was in place hour later 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Remember when gary Locke left robbie was in place hour later 

A change that was planned for months. 

39 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Robinson can gtf.

His part in falsely accusing fans of racial (?) abuse was unforgivable.

Ofcourse hearts fans would never do anything like that

3 minutes ago, billythejambo said:

One Anne is enough thanks 

Might be able to find "the weakest link" in the team....

great minds...  :)

Edited by hueyview

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

A change that was planned for months. 

Who's to say Robinson hasn't been targeted for a while ? Was press speculation about him few weeks ago 

Another point mentioned elsewhere.

No longer a Director of Football. Should perhaps attract a wider pool of managers. 

New Sporting Director role seems to be separate doing things not in remit of manager like youth development.

I’ve no issue about getting him in for an interview, show him around, get his take on things.

But surely there are others to be sounded out. A big name would go a long way in rejuvenating the fans and club, it would also give the players a much needed boost.

Horatio Caine
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

OLDHAM - Failed

MOTHERWELL

1st season 7th HOOFBALL

2nd season 8th HOOFBALL

Lost Many times to Levein, and every time we’ve played them they were average at best..  

they have had a decent start to this season, though they also lost to us!! They are playing well but commonly recognise he was forced into a change of style.They’ve had a lucky cup run but we are the evidence that counts for nothing..

overall this guy has done absolutely nothing to warrant this job. One look on Motherwell forums will tell you the well fans are not that fussed about him leaving and recognise that many time’s over his reign he could have been sacked.. 

He’s a flash in the plan and NOT what we need, especially given he will come with a cash fee

FFS hearts be more imaginative that Robinson

Would that be the five year plan?

Very underwhelmed if it is Robinson.

Should fit in nicely with all the Irish accents at Tynecastle though!

Please Hearts don't rush into this.  Wait and see who is out there that might not cost us anything.

If Robinson comes I will be on here to wish him all the best, but we really need to see who else might be unearthed before approaching someone who at best has been fairly average as a manager (in my own honest view of him).

I heard that Moyes might have been on the radar.  If we are looking for someone with decent pedigree and great contacts he should be worth an interview at the very least