Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Cruyff Turn
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

What did he say ?

I know what he said but I want you tell me so I can say, “so that’s not what he said, is it.” 

But to save you the trouble anyway.

This is what he said,

"I've got to credit Hamilton - they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

You're the one claiming I'm wrong , so crack on and prove  it. 

I can’t see it anywhere. I’m pretty sure if he had, which would have plastered all over here by yourself and others, we would have seen it.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don’t know why."

So he never said anything about, as you paraphrased and twisted it “doesn’t know what to do to fix it.” 

So so can you admit that you’re talking utter shite? 

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

I know what he said but I want you tell me so I can say, “so that’s not what he said, is it.” 

But to save you the trouble anyway.

This is what he said,

"I've got to credit Hamilton - they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

I'd already posted that. 

In his own words, he doesn't know why, yet again, the same issues occur.  The same issues that have been pointed out on here several times eg about the lacklustre start to games, the lack of aggression.  Seems pretty clear. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So he never said anything about, as you paraphrased and twisted it “doesn’t know what to do to fix it.” 

So so can you admit that you’re talking utter shite? 

Read my previous post. If he doesn't know why the same old problems are happening  ergo he doesn't know how to fix it. If he did know how to fix it, it wouldn't  have happened on Saturday. Doh. Talking shite. Indeed. 

PS My main point is - THIS ISN'T AN OVERNIGHT SENSATION- HE HAS BEEN IN CHARGE FOR NEARLY TWO FULL SEASONS. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Cruyff Turn
9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Read my previous post. If he doesn't know why the same old problems are happening then ergo he doesn't know how to fix it. If he did know how to fix it, it would have happened on Saturday. Doh. Talking shite. Indeed. 

You’re scraping the barrel. 

Saying he didn’t know why the players lacked aggression, is a bit different from you saying he “doesn’t know how to fix it”, implying that he doesn’t know what he is doing, which is a load of rubbish.

We didn’t lack aggression v Dundee because we won every second ball there was to be won.

This was a question of the players application and why they were perhaps protecting themselves v Hamilton, why they weren’t committed enough, you’d have to ask them. 

Maybe it was the pitch?

Accies rep for putting the boot in?

Perhaps they don’t want to get injured because there’s big games coming up?

Maybe they are fatigued?

Again, you’d have to ask them. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You’re scraping the barrel. 

Saying he didn’t know why the players lacked aggression, is a bit different from you saying he “doesn’t know how to fix it”, implying that he doesn’t know what he is doing, which is a load of rubbish.

We didn’t lack aggression v Dundee because we won every second ball there was to be won.

This was a question of the players application and why they were perhaps protecting themselves v Hamilton, why they weren’t committed enough, you’d have to ask them. 

Maybe it was the pitch?

Accies rep for putting the boot in?

Perhaps they don’t want to get injured because there’s big games coming up?

Maybe they are fatigued?

Again, you’d have to ask them. 

A whole load of excuses there but the trend over a sustained period is of a head coach who cannot achieve more than mediocrity.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Shite !

Very ordinary players ?

Paolo done a decent job at Hearts but if you look back to the post I was originally replying to, you’ll see the point I was making. 

Forget opinions, we were sitting 6th in the table with far, far better players than we have now.

Don’t look further than March 2012 because that’s not the point I was making.

I mean you look at what Suso, Black and Barr were like before Paulo arrived I'd say he did a pretty good job. McGowan and McDonald also had minimal first team exposure and for all his efforts Elliott was our only centre forward and struggled to hold the line more often than not. He had a good pairing in defence in Webster and Zaliukas and as I said Rudi was a magician who dragged us out of some holes. As far as depth goes guys like Sutton, Robinson, Obua, Hamill, Taouil etc. Were poor players too and when you factor in all of the above not getting paid its hard to take anything away from Paulo. If he had been allowed to sign even a couple of players you never know what might have happened 

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I mean you look at what Suso, Black and Barr were like before Paulo arrived I'd say he did a pretty good job. McGowan and McDonald also had minimal first team exposure and for all his efforts Elliott was our only centre forward and struggled to hold the line more often than not. He had a good pairing in defence in Webster and Zaliukas and as I said Rudi was a magician who dragged us out of some holes. As far as depth goes guys like Sutton, Robinson, Obua, Hamill, Taouil etc. Were poor players too and when you factor in all of the above not getting paid its hard to take anything away from Paulo. If he had been allowed to sign even a couple of players you never know what might have happened 

The last thing I want is people thinking I was having a pop at PS.

Far from it.

Aye, of course the circumstances were different but, as I said, I was replying to a post that said a manager, with no previous link to the club, would have been hounded out if our results and league position were the same.

We are in a better position than we were 7 years ago, this week. 

That’s it. 

If Berra is now as bad as many are saying (I would agree he's looking badly out of sorts) just how big a mess are we in?

Neither keeper is good enough.

Captain Berra who was not that long ago first name on the team sheet is now a liability.

We have no wingers who can cross a ball.

No creativity or drive in midfield (Clare now and again being the exception)

Can't score more than two goals (two if we're lucky) not sure we even have a proper striker just now.

No discernible style or tactics and no obvious passion on the pitch.

Scratch behind the surface what have we got? Is it going to get any better under CL? We've had a charmed route to a Scottish Cup Semi (and really final) which has been a bit of a diversion from where we're headed. Please tell me I'm just having a bad day.

Randy Marsh
29 minutes ago, Boab said:

The last thing I want is people thinking I was having a pop at PS.

Far from it.

Aye, of course the circumstances were different but, as I said, I was replying to a post that said a manager, with no previous link to the club, would have been hounded out if our results and league position were the same.

We are in a better position than we were 7 years ago, this week. 

That’s it. 

I think PS had a lot of credit in the bank due to his record against Hibs (3wins out of 3) and a win at Ibrox even before going into our Scottish Cup semi final that year.  I wouldn't say that squad was any better that what we have right now.  Paulo just seemed to get the best out of a limited squad, in particular guys like Darren Barr and Ian Black.  That said his record against the weaker teams in the league was poor like it has been this season.

Are folk actually going to cry everyday until we play again. I get we are shite just now but does it need repeating constantly, how desperately upset everyone is and how levein is the devil. 

15 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I think PS had a lot of credit in the bank due to his record against Hibs (3wins out of 3) and a win at Ibrox even before going into our Scottish Cup semi final that year.  I wouldn't say that squad was any better that what we have right now.  Paulo just seemed to get the best out of a limited squad, in particular guys like Darren Barr and Ian Black.  That said his record against the weaker teams in the league was poor like it has been this season.

Barr and black were shite the majority of the time. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

If Berra is now as bad as many are saying (I would agree he's looking badly out of sorts) just how big a mess are we in?

Neither keeper is good enough.

Captain Berra who was not that long ago first name on the team sheet is now a liability.

We have no wingers who can cross a ball.

No creativity or drive in midfield (Clare now and again being the exception)

Can't score more than two goals (two if we're lucky) not sure we even have a proper striker just now.

No discernible style or tactics and no obvious passion on the pitch.

Scratch behind the surface what have we got? Is it going to get any better under CL? We've had a charmed route to a Scottish Cup Semi (and really final) which has been a bit of a diversion from where we're headed. Please tell me I'm just having a bad day.

Add in our fullbacks aren’t great, we have no real pace in the team apart from a guy who was a ICT sub last season.

So the luck of the draw is keeping him in a job, if we got any of the other two Glasgow teams we would be out and the calls for his head would be even louder.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Barr and black were shite the majority of the time. 

Yes but he got the best out of Black that any manager did, and had Barr playing in midfield as there was nobody else.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Two wins against Celtic too, we might never know what he could do with his own players. He lost quite a few players to injury or were sold/loaned in January and Vlad flu( Suso/Stevo/Driver/Sutton/Jonsson/Mroweic/Hamill/Kello/Kyle/Templeton) with only Beattie coming in and even he missed games.

22 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Are folk actually going to cry everyday until we play again. I get we are shite just now but does it need repeating constantly, how desperately upset everyone is and how levein is the devil. 

Sadly it seems some must. Spoils their lives when we win 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes but he got the best out of Black that any manager did, and had Barr playing in midfield as there was nobody else.

He got the best out of Black in the final and not much else. Ian Black was as big a waster for 90% of his 3 years here  than any of the bunch we have now. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

He got the best out of Black in the final and not much else. Ian Black was as big a waster for 90% of his 3 years here  than any of the bunch we have now. 

Pretty much and I didn’t like him at all, I would say after his 2nd red card of the season and from December onwards Sergio had him playing to his potential. 

As for the continued chat about Levein it is a thread about his time being up, also the person that replied up there ? started a thread on Sunday called “it’s not just Levein and Hearts” and is now slating people for talking about him ??‍♂️??????!?!

Re 2012 versus now, the situations aren't really comparable for several reasons, but the overall quality of that squad was probably roughly the same as now. However the 2012 squad was much more balanced (we actually had 3-4 decent wingers back then).  

In that sense Sergio had it easier and it probably wasn't that hard to build a functioning side out of what he inherited (sidenote, I don't think Barr played much in midfield until Jonsson left and Mrowiec got injured). PS should probably have been able to get that team to perform better in the league than it did.

On the other hand, it would be pretty hard to build a decent team out of the nonsense we've got now, which makes the current situation even worse, because quite obviously we have had the same manager for some time and he's had quite a bit of time to build a squad.   

Edited by Bellion

3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

And how much would it cost for us to sack the entire coaching staff everytime we’re not happy with how things are going? 

A small fortune. 

One of our current coaches might be a good manager, it’s only been done with Neilson and he did well. 

I suppose it depends on whether you believe CL has the clubs best interests at heart or not. I’ve no reason to doubt he does and will step down when he thinks he can’t turn the situation around. 

I agree though, the DoF should be separate from the manager but as I said to Mitch, I think it’s down to money. 

The question must be can we afford to keep the management team we have. A new manager might want to keep Fox, Kirk ect who knows but it must be the new managers choice.

4 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Seen worse, seen better. 

I remember when there was a real possible we would not have a club to support anymore.

Every time I'm feeling a little disgruntled I put my thoughts back to those days and how properly Shit they were and I soon realise things aren't as bad as they seem.

I also firmly believe that had Mrs Budge not stepped forward then that privilege we all have now would be a distant memory and if she believes in Craig Levein then that's fine by me. 

She has more credit in my mind than any of the loonies on here. 

Or when Vlad saved us from Murrayfield ...... nah let’s not live in the past and “ be thankful “ any more . 

4 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Seen worse, seen better. 

I remember when there was a real possible we would not have a club to support anymore.

Every time I'm feeling a little disgruntled I put my thoughts back to those days and how properly Shit they were and I soon realise things aren't as bad as they seem.

I also firmly believe that had Mrs Budge not stepped forward then that privilege we all have now would be a distant memory and if she believes in Craig Levein then that's fine by me. 

She has more credit in my mind than any of the loonies on here. 

Loonies are in charge of your posts. You accept crap. 

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Without getting too deep into it. What do you do to not accept crap, apart from moan on an internet forum?

Edited by jambopilms

rick witter
3 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

It's clear as day he isn't going anywhere, that's the reality.

A fine thing as well. 

Start of the seasons targets 1. European Football. 2. Hampden appearances.

9 other clubs in the SPFL extremely jealous of target number 2. 

Like I said, he's going nowhere soon so I'm going to enjoy it. 

Enjoy what exactly? 

Certainly not the football and more recently not even the results. 

I can accept drab, boring performances if we get the win ie Dundee away but that doesn’t happen often enough. 

If all we want to be is a mid table run of the mill win a few lose a few tea s then Levein is the man. 

I feel we should be a good bit better than that. 

colinmaroon
12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ah, parallel psychosis philosophy.

I applaud your command of the English language and your brilliant use of the cerebral cortex.

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I don't accept or not accept anything, I go along to watch the team. 

I enjoy watching the team. 

It's not that difficult a concept to comprehend.

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Enjoy what exactly? 

Certainly not the football and more recently not even the results. 

I can accept drab, boring performances if we get the win ie Dundee away but that doesn’t happen often enough. 

If all we want to be is a mid table run of the mill win a few lose a few tea s then Levein is the man. 

I feel we should be a good bit better than that. 

Yes, I enjoy the football. 

I don't go along with any preconceived ideas or delusions of grandeur though.

Watching Hearts is a privilege that i cherish. Can't imagine my life without it tbh.

We should be battling it out with Aberdeen no arguments. We ain’t as he can’t get out of our squad what Mc Innes can . It’s a fact . It’s often mediocre crap and like Saturday utterly unacceptable. He still doesn’t seem to think he might be responsible just a wee bit ?? 

4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

And how much would it cost for us to sack the entire coaching staff everytime we’re not happy with how things are going? 

A small fortune. 

One of our current coaches might be a good manager, it’s only been done with Neilson and he did well. 

I suppose it depends on whether you believe CL has the clubs best interests at heart or not. I’ve no reason to doubt he does and will step down when he thinks he can’t turn the situation around. 

I agree though, the DoF should be separate from the manager but as I said to Mitch, I think it’s down to money. 

It might cost less than what we stand to lose with unsold season tickets. Nobody knows that yet but very possible.

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The problem with that is he hired someone to run the academy, he’s not needed there. So what does that leave? Recruitment, do you want him in charge of that considering the deals he’s signed off on these last 5 years? No decent manager will put up with him as their DoF, as he said he can’t help interfering which is why he wants Daly to take over. Keep him on the board as an advisor on football matters but a new DoF needs to come in alongside his choice of manager/head coach.

Its a fair point. Also if he’s no academy responsibilities do we actually need another DoF he could effectively just sit on the board and advise on football matters. I think a scouting network might be agenda item one.

25 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Without getting too deep into it. What do you do to not accept crap, apart from moan on an internet forum?

I have a following of worshippers who are growing by the hundreds every day. Very soon i'll be able to have the power to make Hearts the best team in Scotland. I hope this answers your question my wee pal.

23 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Ah, parallel psychosis philosophy.

I applaud your command of the English language and your brilliant use of the cerebral cortex.

Ah you are worthy of being one of my desciples. Well said my wee pal.

25 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I don't accept or not accept anything, I go along to watch the team. 

I enjoy watching the team. 

It's not that difficult a concept to comprehend.

There's no way you can enjoy the shambles of a team we witness on match days.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Its a fair point. Also if he’s no academy responsibilities do we actually need another DoF he could effectively just sit on the board and advise on football matters. I think a scouting network might be agenda item one.

He set up the one we have just now and therefore must think it’s doing the job surely. I think we will need a DoF to set up a new scouting system ( for me a foreign guy with no OF connections with options for a similar new manager/head coach) I can’t see that working if Levein is that man. A seat on the board definitely but he has to be removed from any responsibility on the football side if we are to make progress.

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Sorry to disappoint you, I do. 

I enjoy the entire football experience, travel, meet my pals, watch the game, discuss the game, travel home. 

Love it tbh.

Edited by Artful Dodger

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I have a following of worshippers who are growing by the hundreds every day. Very soon i'll be able to have the power to make Hearts the best team in Scotland. I hope this answers your question my wee pal.

You’ve lost it Mitch. ?

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Just ignore him, he gets his cheap thrills trolling everyone on here. He enjoyed Cathro’s management.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ah you are worthy of being one of my desciples. Well said my wee pal.

Where do I sign up, am I worthy? Mmmmmiiiiiitttttcccchhhhh ??

Edited by Pasquale for King

5 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Sorry to disappoint you, I do. 

I enjoy the entire football experience, travel, meet my pals, watch the game, discuss the game, travel home. 

Love it tbh.

Sounds to me you enjoy the day out more than actually watching the game itself...as I cannot believe anyone is finding our style of play/performances at the moment enjoyable.

That’s where your entire point falls apart I’m afraid, as the football being served up currently is dire...so you’re either trolling, or deluding yourself.

Still alot too play for lets see if Craig can handle the games coming up if he fails then quite rightly should be moved on. 

3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Sounds to me you enjoy the day out more than actually watching the game itself...as I cannot believe anyone is finding our style of play/performances at the moment enjoyable.

That’s where your entire point falls apart I’m afraid, as the football being served up currently is dire...so you’re either trolling, or deluding yourself.

Trolling I think, best to ignore and starve.

7 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Just ignore him, he gets his cheap thrills trolling everyone on here. He enjoyed Cathro’s management.

An "Artful Dodger" of being discovered, who's thoroughly enjoying Hearts' recent results and performances? 

I smell Hibby. 

Fecking stinks. 

Everything seems to be pointing towards Levein stepping aside at the end of the season. He’ll be desperate to sign off with a trophy. 

29 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I still enjoy going to watch the Hearts.

I would enjoy it even better if we were winning trophies and playing like Barca.

Unlike some I realise it's Hearts we are following.

I feel that we are suffering the backlash from our injury crisis. I know most of the players have returned to action but I doubt if many of them are performing 100% to their ability and are always likely to pick up more injuries as a result.

Steven Naismith as an example.

It's a question of match sharpness and confidence imo.

1 hour ago, Gnjambo16 said:

We should be battling it out with Aberdeen no arguments. We ain’t as he can’t get out of our squad what Mc Innes can . It’s a fact . It’s often mediocre crap and like Saturday utterly unacceptable. He still doesn’t seem to think he might be responsible just a wee bit ?? 

We are five points behind them I think, if we win our two remaining games against we would go above. What part of ‘battling it out’ with them are you missing? 

28 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I've enjoyed the day out rather than the actual game for probably 90% of my time supporting Hearts

It's never been much different, no idea where this idea comes from that we're some sort of flee flowing consistent goal scoring machine. It's bonkers and just not true.

Football to me is entertaining, watching my team gives me the greatest pleasure by far. 

The expense and the effort I put into it is actually quite astounding.

5 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I've enjoyed the day out rather than the actual game for probably 90% of my time supporting Hearts

It's never been much different, no idea where this idea comes from that we're some sort of flee flowing consistent goal scoring machine. It's bonkers and just not true.

Football to me is entertaining, watching my team gives me the greatest pleasure by far. 

The expense and the effort I put into it is actually quite astounding.

This.

The measure of this is watching two other Scottish teams on the box. Painful.

Being a supporter, you don’t see it as turgid as you’re completely wrapped up in it.

27 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I still enjoy going to watch the Hearts.

I would enjoy it even better if we were winning trophies and playing like Barca.

Unlike some I realise it's Hearts we are following.

I feel that we are suffering the backlash from our injury crisis. I know most of the players have returned to action but I doubt if many of them are performing 100% to their ability and are always likely to pick up more injuries as a result.

Steven Naismith as an example.

It's a question of match sharpness and confidence imo.

Totally agree with you here....AND Dodger.

27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We are five points behind them I think, if we win our two remaining games against we would go above. What part of ‘battling it out’ with them are you missing? 

Great post !

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic