Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did I now, I showed you the proof and you said it proved your point ??.  What do thsee stars that another poster put up prove?

sted 1 hour ago

I understand the point being made about other teams but to be honest I couldn't really care about anyone else. 

I thought I'd have a look at some stats (taken from BBC) going back to after the semi final against Celtic as it seems to be pretty well accepted that it was after this game that our poor performances/form started (nearly 5 months ago). 

Hibs (H) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1.

Celtic (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1. 

Kilmarnock (H) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 3.

St Mirren (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1.

Rangers (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 2.

St Johnstone (A) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 3.

Motherwell (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 4.

Livingston (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 0.

Aberdeen (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1. 

Hamilton (H) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 4.

Hibs (A) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 5.

Livingston (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 4. 

Dundee (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 8. 

St Johnstone (H) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 7. 

Kilmarnock (A) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 3. 

Livingston (H) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 2. 

Auchinleck (H) - Goals scored 4, shots on target 8. 

Motherwell (A) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 3. 

St Mirren (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 6. 

Celtic (H) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 3. 

Partick (A) - Goals scored 1, shots on target 3. 

Dundee (A) - Goals scored, 1 shots on target 3. 

Partick (H) - Goals scored 2, shots on target 5.

Hamilton (A) - Goals scored 0, shots on target 1. 

So in the last 24 games we've had:

Scored 0 goals - 8 games

Scored 1 goal - 10 games

Scored 2 goals - 5 games

Scored over 2 goals - 1 game

The stats for shots on target in most away matches doesn't make for great reading:

Hamilton - 1 shot on target

Dundee - 3 shots on target

Partick - 3 shots on target

Motherwell - 3 shots on target

Kilmarnock - 3 shots on target

Hibs - 5 shots on target

Aberdeen - 1 shot on target

Livingston - 0 shots on target

St Johnstone - 3 shots on target

St Mirren - 1 shot on target

Celtic - 1 shot on target

These stats show that we have a rediculouly high goals to shots ratio. Probably the highest percentage in the league ?

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Jim Jeffries until the end of the season please then bump him up to director of football and let him spend the summer recruiting the right managerial type for Hearts. I doubt at his age he'd want a fulltime managers job but he'd be the perfect appointment for Ann. He wouldn't sign countless nobodys who don't make an impact saving us wages etc. He'd sign decent quality coaches and he'd soon weed out the not good enoughs while improving the rest.

Now there’s a dinosaur. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Jim signed a few duff players in his time. 

Don’t mention SMG money please? Where it all started to go wrong. 

46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’ve defended Craig a lot, there’s no doubt there are some on this board want levein out regardless of how well he does, and they’ve undermined their position by being critical even when we were playing well.. also the reaction on here to results when we lost so many players through injury was ridiculous.

However, Injuries ate not a factor anymore, and there is no doubt we are nowhere near the level we set at the start of the season, all confidence is gone and the fact that Craig doesn’t seem to know how to change it is extremely worrying.  Massive improvements required in the remaining fixtures otherwise it’s game overview at the end of the season for me

Good post

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Why would she find it impossible to sack  him and his staff? 

Time will tell.

27 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Wow. 

1. You gave a specific figure for his salary, payoff, agent fees etc. 

2. When challenged to provide a source you said the accounts.

3. Another poster linked to the published accounts and those clearly do not provide itemised figures.

4.  You then backtracked and said you read it somewhere on a forum.  Yeah, cause some random has access to strictly confidential information and leaked it somewhere no one else remembers...

Next was your assertion that attendances plummeted during Levein's first spell.   You provided eventually average attendances which failed to support your claim.  Attendances naturally drop the second year after a cup win and we were in financial trouble then.

Good riposte 

8 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

The good news after nearly a month and 61 pages of drivel later is we fortunately have people in charge of the club who know what they are doing. No end of protracted, negative, sustained pish from the same people day after day will change that.

Indeed... it certainly looks that way at the moment :whistling:

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Time will tell.

Don’t understand. 

Just for the sake of the argument she never had any difficulty sacking what she perceived as poor performance in her previous business life. 

Inch Hearts
9 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

The good news after nearly a month and 61 pages of drivel later is we fortunately have people in charge of the club who know what they are doing. No end of protracted, negative, sustained pish from the same people day after day will change that.

Craig said after the match on Saturday he didn’t know what went wrong or how to fix it.  That sounds like someone clearly knowing what he’s doing right enough?  

It’s a major concern and just ripping into people concerned isn’t going to achieve anything. 

Captain Canada
10 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

These stats show that we have a rediculouly high goals to shots ratio. Probably the highest percentage in the league ?

Wasn't it the same last season when Lafferty was playing every week? 

11 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Aye, they ran out of options and made CL manager. 

But You're right in that no manager should be sacked because of fan pressure (and maybe not even when he publicly admits he doesn't know how to fix the current problems ?). Fair enough. Personally, if the board think he's worth another 12 months then good on them.  

14 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Aye but it makes for some entertaining gibber jabber and it's engaging some incredible mind's. 

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Her and the board appointed him. She has publicly backed him to a considerable extent (and TBF, some of that is justified for what he has done in getting the club sorted out). The club still has the prospect of a cup final. If he gets sacked ( we all know he won't) the media would have a field day. 

28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Now there’s a dinosaur. 

Disgraceful comment about a real Jambo who loved our club

Gibson_HMFC
15 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Aye but it makes for some entertaining gibber jabber and it's engaging some incredible mind's. 

What do you see in our performances that makes you want Levein to stay?

1 minute ago, Prof said:

Disgraceful comment about a real Jambo who loved our club

Agreed re what he contributed but in today’s football world he is yesterdays man. 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Similar to last season where we scored 39 and lost 39 in 38 games,  we’ve now scored 35 and lost 35 in 30 games. Progress, maybe.

36 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don't know about "impossible", but there is no indication that Ann has lost confidence in CL, so firing him probably is not going to happen.

Also, in addition to being Director of Football and Head coach, CL is also a member of the Board of Directors.  I might be mistaken, but I doubt if a Board member can be fired, per se.  A Director can be removed by a majority vote of the entire Board, and I hae ma doots if such a vote is anywhere in the future of HMFC.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed re what he contributed but in today’s football world he is yesterdays man. 

Aye, what hope would he have against football visionaries such as Lennon, McInnes, Gerrard, Clarke, Wright and Heckingbottom. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I don't know about "impossible", but there is no indication that Ann has lost confidence in CL, so firing him probably is not going to happen.

Also, in addition to being Director of Football and Head coach, CL is also a member of the Board of Directors.  I might be mistaken, but I doubt if a Board member can be fired, per se.  A Director can be removed by a majority vote of the entire Board, and I hae ma doots if such a vote is anywhere in the future of HMFC.

Its what happens when we became Craig Levein Footballing empire FC I suppose.

i kind of hoped it would romantically work out well and put faith in the past but in reality it’s a disaster.  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Wow. 

1. You gave a specific figure for his salary, payoff, agent fees etc. 

2. When challenged to provide a source you said the accounts.

3. Another poster linked to the published accounts and those clearly do not provide itemised figures.

4.  You then backtracked and said you read it somewhere on a forum.  Yeah, cause some random has access to strictly confidential information and leaked it somewhere no one else remembers...

Next was your assertion that attendances plummeted during Levein's first spell.   You provided eventually average attendances which failed to support your claim.  Attendances naturally drop the second year after a cup win and we were in financial trouble then.

I think you need to look back and see that at no point did I give SPECIFIC figures, all general assumptions that many on this forum have espoused. 

No backtracking at all, I thought wages were itemised but they aren’t. I apologised and found the figures for our average players wage.

As for the attendances you asked if I could provide proof they dropped, I did and now your backtracking and say it’s proves your point. The figure cover three years after the cup win, not 98-99, under Levein the attendances dropped by 2k. We were hardly great under Csaba, Mcglynn or Locke whilst struggling financially and crowds held around 13k upwards. 

Good riposte it was not. 

I won’t be responding again to your ridiculous nonsense so bye bye.

6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Director and director of football two different roles. He can  be dismissed as DoF by the Chief Executive and asked to resign as Director by the Board. Both are easy to do if she wishes it to happen. 

Gibson_HMFC

If enough fans stop going to the games because they can't face another 90 minutes of the same old crap, Anne will have to take notice. 

I'm not suggesting that people do this but it's inevitable if performances don't get better. 

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

I'd be delighted if we were taking penalties at Hampden twice.

That would mean we were taking penalties to win the cup.

A cup win is a cup win I'm not choosy ☺

Ha when you say it like that ?

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Director and director of football two different roles. He can  be dismissed as DoF by the Chief Executive and asked to resign as Director by the Board. Both are easy to do if she wishes it to happen. 

Correct on both counts.  But, imo, neither will happen.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Gibson_HMFC said:

If enough fans stop going to the games because they can't face another 90 minutes of the same old crap, Anne will have to take notice. 

I'm not suggesting that people do this but it's inevitable if performances don't get better. 

It’s happened this season and last, I sit in the main stand and when you see highlights or BBC Alba or just different faces around you there are huge amounts of ST holders that don’t go every week.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think you need to look back and see that at no point did I give SPECIFIC figures, all general assumptions that many on this forum have espoused. 

No backtracking at all, I thought wages were itemised but they aren’t. I apologised and found the figures for our average players wage.

As for the attendances you asked if I could provide proof they dropped, I did and now your backtracking and say it’s proves your point. The figure cover three years after the cup win, not 98-99, under Levein the attendances dropped by 2k. We were hardly great under Csaba, Mcglynn or Locke whilst struggling financially and crowds held around 13k upwards. 

Good riposte it was not. 

I won’t be responding again to your ridiculous nonsense so bye bye Fwank.

You have changed your story so many times its like you are playing chinese whispers.

Attendances grew and fell a number of times over the past 25 years.  There were significant reasons for rises and other reasons for falls.  By your logic we should be selling 16k season tickets.

Personal abuse too I see.  I am wasting my time trying to debate with a proven fantasist.

1 hour ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Then why suggest it?

Governor Tarkin
30 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I am wasting my time trying to debate with a proven fantasist.

Who proved PfK to be a fantasist? :(

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Didn’t frank black back the Fish gig?

:jjyay:

Bridge of Djoum
10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I saw disturbing things on his laptop...

Image result for screaming gif

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Similar to last season where we scored 39 and lost 39 in 38 games,  we’ve now scored 35 and lost 35 in 30 games. Progress, maybe.

A bit skewed by our caution to the wind approach at the start of the season, but pretty consistent. Going by that we should expect to score and concede maybe 44 or 45 goals come the end of the season. ......... and people complain we're boring ?

57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s happened this season and last, I sit in the main stand and when you see highlights or BBC Alba or just different faces around you there are huge amounts of ST holders that don’t go every week.

Roughly 10% of season ticket holders are absent every home league game. Holidays, work, family commitments, illness, other events  etc. Source - ex stadium manager. So there will always be gaps. Maybe more at the moment because none of their non-season tickets pals want the spare tickets 

Governor Tarkin
48 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Didn’t frank black back the Fish gig?

Governor Tarkin
45 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I saw disturbing things on his laptop...

Image result for screaming gif

Those weren't fantasies :(

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Paul Shark said:

A bit skewed by our caution to the wind approach at the start of the season, but pretty consistent. Going by that we should expect to score and concede maybe 44 or 45 goals come the end of the season. ......... and people complain we're boring ?

Caurion to the wind ?, bang average is what we were last season and this ???

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Roughly 10% of season ticket holders are absent every home league game. Holidays, work, family commitments, illness, other events  etc. Source - ex stadium manager. So there will always be gaps. Maybe more at the moment because none of their non-season tickets pals want the spare tickets 

Fair point, seems to be more than that around us last season and this though. Some folk are there about half the time but turn up at big games, hard to tell really. Like most clubs we count them as if they were at the games anyway. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

You have changed your story so many times its like you are playing chinese whispers.

Attendances grew and fell a number of times over the past 25 years.  There were significant reasons for rises and other reasons for falls.  By your logic we should be selling 16k season tickets.

Personal abuse too I see.  I am wasting my time trying to debate with a proven fantasist.

Yeah and one of the reason was Leveins tactics, something you disagreed with but changed your tune in the face of the facts that proved your point ???‍♂️?? I’m off flip flopping whilst backtracking into fantasy land, glad you finally noticed my sly dig ??????????.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not by anyone called Frank anyway ???

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah and one of the reason was Leveins tactics, something you disagreed with but changed your tune in the face of the facts that proved your point ???‍♂️?? I’m off flip flopping whilst backtracking into fantasy land, glad you finally noticed my sly dig ??????????.

:cornette:

For someone who says they put me on ignore, you sure seem keen to reply to me.

You seem like a Walter Mitty character who invents stories and convinces themself they are real.

Oh , and just to remind you it is you who is doing the backtracking. :thumbsup:

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:cornette:

For someone who says they put me on ignore, you sure seem keen to reply to me.

You seem like a Walter Mitty character who invents stories and convinces themself they are real.

Oh , and just to remind you it is you who is doing the backtracking. :thumbsup:

Yeah that’s me, invented that Oshiniwa cost us a fortune for little return. Invented the fact that our average crowds were 2k down under Levein and then proved it, you said that was rubbish then said it proved your point ??‍♂️. You and your pals are on ignore, I can still choose to read a post if I want. I won’t make that mistake again. 

What really baffles me, is that Craig Levein thinks he's good, and some kind authority on football. I can't decide whether laugh or cry.

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t understand. 

Just for the sake of the argument she never had any difficulty sacking what she perceived as poor performance in her previous business life. 

Levein is the man she depends on for all footballing decisions. The only time she acted without his agreement was sacking Cathro.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

What really baffles me, is that Craig Levein thinks he's good, and some kind authority on football. I can't decide whether laugh or cry.

He does indeed, maybe why he’s so popular in the game.

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah that’s me, invented that Oshiniwa cost us a fortune for little return. Invented the fact that our average crowds were 2k down under Levein and then proved it, you said that was rubbish then said it proved your point ??‍♂️. You and your pals are on ignore, I can still choose to read a post if I want. I won’t make that mistake again. 

You are sounding increasingly more desperate.  I think your credibility on here is shot, and time you quit whilst behind.

I'm off to my kip, so feel free to keep bashing on all night with your agenda, and don't let the facts get in the way of your arguments. ?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Levein is the man she depends on for all footballing decisions. The only time she acted without his agreement was sacking Cathro.

They only did that when the fans turned on the board, I was in the Gorgie stand at the Dunfermline game and they were sat behind us. They received a fair amount of abuse during and after the game. Hopefully it doesn’t need to happen again for them to realise it’s just not good enough.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are sounding increasingly more desperate.  I think your credibility on here is shot, and time you quit whilst behind.

I'm off to my kip, so feel free to keep bashing on all night with your agenda, and don't let the facts get in the way of your arguments. ?

I’ve said the same thing in every post you moron. Night night and goodbye ?? .

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We don't want it to get ugly so sack Levein now. Make the fans happy.

We’d need to replace the DoF before we replace the manager because we 100% need a DoF. Hearts football operation is big time stuff.

This isn’t the 90’s anymore where we’ve got 16 first team players, a bunch of YTS kids, a coach and a guy with a magic sponge.

Is Ann Budge with her vast footballing knowledge going to pick the next manager and oversee the scouting at youth & senior level, contracts, transfers, agents, youth development etc etc... ??

I’d bloody hope not.

It would be a ****ing disaster.

If Levein was to retire, we’d need some sort of handover period, which could take a season for a new structure to be put in place. 

Do you ever think about these things? 

Or or do you just think the first teams crap so let’s take a chainsaw to everything? 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic