Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Absolute bullshit. 

Did you not start a thread “It’s not just Levein and Hearts” yesterday? Is this picture not something you said four hours ago? 

38E88831-71AC-4AA1-BE28-CD79A97E10A8.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

davemclaren
43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ours has barely changed since October though has it?

We've had a few highs since then but too many lows I agree. However, a team generally needs to be judged over a season imo. The final league positions don’t lie. 

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Loonies are in charge of your posts. You accept crap. 

:lol:

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think you’re missing the point.  It wouldn’t have mattered who the manager was then - our under 21 side with a 15 point deduction was always going to get relegated.  The point being, with a decent manager,  this team could be doing much, much better.  Hell, we might even manage to beat Hamilton, Dundee and St Mirren.

And don’t spout the shite about 2 cup semi finals.  Failure to have achieved that with the piss easy draws would have been a complete failure.

Motherwell and Livi, even at home, weren't piss easy. We have besten Hamilton, Dundee and St Mirren this season. 

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was on the bench so I think he was fit, he did ok at Killie last month I think. 

Uche was on bench but far from 100% fit. Morrison started and far from 100% fit. Berra is clearly not 100% fit. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We've had a few highs since then but too many lows I agree. However, a team generally needs to be judged over a season imo. The final league positions don’t lie. 

I agree, but folk seem to think two easy runs to semi finals and maybe a final constitute a good season. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Uche was on bench but far from 100% fit. Morrison started and far from 100% fit. Berra is clearly not 100% fit. 

Why did they play then, maybe that’s why we lacked focus and aggression. We have a big squad with some good youngsters, no need to force guys to play when they’re clearly struggling. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree, but folk seem to think two easy runs to semi finals and maybe a final constitute a good season. 

It constitutes a better season than most where we’ve not had two runs to the semis ( you can only beat who you draw ) and maybe a final/trophy...in my book anyway. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did you not start a thread “It’s not just Levein and Hearts” yesterday? Is this picture not something you said four hours ago? 

38E88831-71AC-4AA1-BE28-CD79A97E10A8.jpeg

You have certainly lost me now.  I’m not wasting anymore time trying to decipher your posts. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Motherwell and Livi, even at home, weren't piss easy. We have besten Hamilton, Dundee and St Mirren this season. 

I disagree about Livi - they’ve been rank since the winter break and barely scored a goal.  They were brutal in that cup tie at Tynie, that said, so were we and we were lucky to beat them.

Motherwell, the opposite, poor before Christmas but been on a good run post break, albeit against the bottom 6 shite.  I wasn’t at that game but by all accounts we played well.  Have we played well since then other than the recent Celtic game?

We’ve also lost to Hamilton, Dundee and St Mirren.  Three of the worst teams to have ever played in the Premier League. That in itself is a damning and embarrassing statistic that Levein should be ashamed of.

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We will end up 6th. I’m convinced.

Shovelly Joe
51 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Didn’t realise it was up to you, close thread.

I’ll take your thoughts into consideration too don’t worry ? 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It constitutes a better season than most where we’ve not had two runs to the semis ( you can only beat who you draw ) and maybe a final/trophy...in my book anyway. 

Alongside finishing 6th? Did you not just say league position was the way of judging a season?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Shovelly Joe said:

I’ll take your thoughts into consideration too don’t worry ? 

Thanks, might take a while ??.

I do think he will leave of his own accord. 

Big question (and terrifying thought) is will we be left with McPhee and Daley ?

that thought alone gives me the fear given their significant input into the truly awful fare we are served now. 

I’ll renew naturally but the thought is awful watching them at the helm

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Alongside finishing 6th? Did you not just say league position was the way of judging a season?

Yes, Leagues are the best indicator of how good a tesm is.  But cup performances matter as well. I would personally say that 2011/12 was a successful season because we won the cup despite us finishing fifth. 

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

We will end up 6th. I’m convinced.

That’s a possibility, but so are higher positions. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yes, Leagues are the best indicator of how good a tesm is.  But cup performances matter as well. I would personally say that 2011/12 was a successful season because we won the cup despite us finishing fifth. 

Definitely, but a few people on here say the football was dire to watch and don’t want Sergio back. They ironically enough admit the football is for but also say finishing 5th this season and getting to two semis is a reason Levein should carry on next season ??‍♂️??

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, but a few people on here say the football was dire to watch and don’t want Sergio back. They ironically enough admit the football is for but also say finishing 5th this season and getting to two semis is a reason Levein should carry on next season ??‍♂️??

I didn’t want Sergio to leave after the win the cup as I think that earned him another season but not convinced I’d want him back. Anyway, fans had no influence at all under Vlad so it was moot. 

I don’t think some of the people who comment here actually understand how bad we are. It hurts to go watch them play. Every move we make seems sussed out, we can’t cross, we never score, Berra just heads the ball up field to the opposition, it’s shite to watch.

We have scrapped our way to a semi and Europe looks out of reach. I believe we have some good players but the management can’t and won’t get the best out of them. Imagine how hard it must be playing under CL as a striker/attacker.

3 minutes ago, Mykel_wcip said:

I don’t think some of the people who comment here actually understand how bad we are. It hurts to go watch them play. Every move we make seems sussed out, we can’t cross, we never score, Berra just heads the ball up field to the opposition, it’s shite to watch.

We have scrapped our way to a semi and Europe looks out of reach. I believe we have some good players but the management can’t and won’t get the best out of them. Imagine how hard it must be playing under CL as a striker/attacker.

Spot on

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I didn’t want Sergio to leave after the win the cup as I think that earned him another season but not convinced I’d want him back. Anyway, fans had no influence at all under Vlad so it was moot. 

I’m not sure either but it would be interesting to see how he could do in these circumstances. He is the type of manager I think we should bring in though.

6 minutes ago, Mykel_wcip said:

This, all day long!!

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Mykel_wcip said:

Practically impossible unless you can pretty much engineer the chance yourself. I think that’s a damning indictment of Daly, does he not point that out?

2 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

I certainly wouldn’t think that would be the case...

Always worth keeping in mind that the very heart of all these debates is that fact that the team with the 4th biggest budget is currently 5th. We really should be 4th and could be 3rd...a disaster would be finishing 6th.

No need to make the debate silly by talking about being 12th or even 11th.

Regardless of all the emotion being shown we really are debating over fine margins and for many it appears to be a question of footballing philosophy as much as it is about results and points on the board.

You make a good point but it’s the style of football nobody can say they enjoy watching the dross being served up 

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

We are five points behind them I think, if we win our two remaining games against we would go above. What part of ‘battling it out’ with them are you missing? 

I’ve seen this movie before but dream on I hope your right and I’m wrong good luck ...... we always need optimist as opposed to realists it’s why I’ve become cynical .... it’s just me I’m sure !! 

Bridge of Djoum
9 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Just ignore him, he gets his cheap thrills trolling everyone on here. He enjoyed Cathro’s management.

Yeah because history shows us, on a global scale that football fans only turn up and enjoy the whole experience when the team is playing well. 

I've seen some shockingly bad football at Tynecastle over the years, never once did I question my team, loyalty or why I turned up. It's what you do and you accept the bad with the good. I also enjoy the whole day. Obviously a good result/good football helps but It doesn't ruin my day if I don't get it. How you can accuse someone of enjoying the football day out of being ''a troll'' is ****** laughable, pal. 

If you cannot accept that, may I suggest you go follow Barca, Juve, PSG...Obviously supporting Hearts gives a lot on here no pleasure at all. 

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, NB GIN said:

You make a good point but it’s the style of football nobody can say they enjoy watching the dross being served up 

And no one is claiming they are enjoying the football. Not a soul. 

He makes a good point is where you should've stopped. 

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

And no one is claiming they are enjoying the football. Not a soul. 

Artful Dodger did...two pages back!

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Artful Dodger did...two pages back!

Surprising, but you can't say he's lying. We all enjoy different things, for different reasons. 

Some valid points made on here in recent days 

21 points from 20 games is worse than Cathros tenure and he was sacked 

Craig Levein should never have taken over the reigns,  it took us near enough a month to look for a new man, then suddenly we give it too craig who hadn't managed in club football for 8 years took control. We've simply got this wrong again. We've got the 5 year plan wrong and the longer Ann and Craig don't admit this then the more fans are going to vote with their feet. Everyone can see this has gone wrong and it hasn't worked. So what we gave it a try but the longer Ann and Craig bury their heads in the sand hoping for a miracle the more peeved off fans like me wont be back until he's away. Ann and Craig have failed in their 5 year plan spectacularly. 

Jambof3tornado
8 hours ago, NB GIN said:

This. Unless they have an agenda or dont actually go to the games, then its easy to say its been worse blah blah.

Walter Bishop
8 hours ago, Mykel_wcip said:

A striker/attacker you say, Surely you mean the first line of defence?

It’s time for a change and I would do it now 

A new manager will lift the team we are going nowhere at present

It simply isn’t working just because he is a hearts legend doesn’t mean he should be untouchable.

Craig Levein is lost 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

It simply isn’t working just because he is a hearts legend doesn’t mean he should be untouchable.

Craig Levein is lost 

Familiar style.

13 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Craig Levein is lost 

With whom? New manager is ?????

14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He set up the one we have just now and therefore must think it’s doing the job surely. I think we will need a DoF to set up a new scouting system ( for me a foreign guy with no OF connections with options for a similar new manager/head coach) I can’t see that working if Levein is that man. A seat on the board definitely but he has to be removed from any responsibility on the football side if we are to make progress.

He’s on the board so I guess unless he resigns it’s a given he’ll be staying. I think the DoF is a waste of time with CL on the board . If we get a competent manager I’m sure they can work with him on scouting networks and player targets etc. Ultimately at any club the board have the final say on signings anyway so it won’t be any different. For all that’s said CL is still well respected in the game so I’d think most managers would appreciate his experience on the board and around the club so long as he stays out of first team matters.

48 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Craig Levein is lost 

I personally believe that CLs legendary status makes him untouchable and he should NEVER be sacked.  No matter what.  He should be able to do whatever he likes, whenever he likes, wherever he likes.  I heard him and Daly are using the lamps intended for the pitch to grow opium and are selling it around Broomhouse to make money on the side.  Not a problem for me.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

With whom? New manager is ?????

You're not allowed to ask that.  They know all the answers except that one.

Inch Hearts
36 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Oh Al, we all know that any suggestion of who a replacement could/would be would be shot down by the poster asking and a few others with yourself included. 

Also, Al - when Levein does leave, the people asking "who should we replace Craig with?" will be the same posters encouraging everyone to leave it to the "highly trusted" board and DoF to make the correct appointment by the same type of posters, yourself included. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Do you really expect any club to pick a new Manager/Coach on the basis of what fans think?

You know full well that in any Business (and football's a business) the management have a selection process and why would HMFC be any different to the norm.

The worry for many on here would be that CL would have a say in who the replacemant might be and on the assumption that he were to go then it would be best allround if he were excluded from the selection process.

It was shown previously that the number of credible applicants for the role when CL was appointed was reduced and the club must ask themselves why this was.

Could it be they did not want to work with CL? I don't know the answer to that but look at the number of reported applicants Hibs had when Lennon left.

If press reports can be believed then they seemed to have  large numbers of applicants so you would think that a club of our size should be able to attract similar if not better number of quality applicants as Hibs.

I don't think anyone on here who is critical of CL has all the answers to the current problems nor do they profess to but they can see how poor the performances are and the negative style of play and lack of creativity we have so something is far wrong and it needs sorted soon.

Edited by wavydavy

42 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Oh Al, we all know that any suggestion of who a replacement could/would be would be shot down by the poster asking and a few others with yourself included. 

Also, Al - when Levein does leave, the people asking "who should we replace Craig with?" will be the same posters encouraging everyone to leave it to the "highly trusted" board and DoF to make the correct appointment by the same type of posters, yourself included. 

No, the reason I asked is because the poster wants a new management team NOW. Just wondering who he thought we could/should get. 

21 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Do you really expect any club to pick a new Manager/Coach on the basis of what fans think?

You know full well that in any Business (and football's a business) the management have a selection process and why would HMFC be any different to the norm.

The worry for many on here would be that CL would have a say in who the replacemant might be and on the assumption that he were to go then it would be best allround if he were excluded from the selection process.

It was shown previously that the number of credible applicants for the role when CL was appointed was reduced and the club must ask themselves why this was.

Could it be they did not want to work with CL? I don't know the answer to that but look at the number of reported applicants Hibs had when Lennon left.

If press reports can be believed then they seemed to have  large numbers of applicants so you would think that a club of our size should be able to attract similar if not better number of quality applicants as Hibs.

I don't think anyone on here who is critical of CL has all the answers to the current problems nor do they profess to but they can see how poor the performances are and the negative style of play and lack of creativity we have so something is far wrong and it needs sorted soon.

Who were the credible applicants for the job last time round? Interested to know. I can only remember two others, Freedman who used us to get the DoF role at Palace and the footballing management virus that is Billy Davies. Any others seriously considered or applied? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Another Levein apologist.

It's not a prerequisite that in order to point out the flaws and mediocrity of Levein's coaching you have to be able to name a successor.

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Who were the credible applicants for the job last time round? Interested to know. I can only remember two others, Freedman who used us to get the DoF role at Palace and the footballing management virus that is Billy Davies. Any others seriously considered or applied? 

Paulo Sergio was apparently unworthy of an interview.  Must have been a less attractive candidate than John Daly.

24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You are emphasising my point. I said the number of credible applicants were reduced and you have higlighted two so why were the number of applicants so low?

Could it be because they did not want to work alongside CL? I don't know if that is the case but it certainly makes you wonder. As I said Hibs seemed to be flooded with applicants for their job but not us, why?

Edited by wavydavy

Inch Hearts
26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, the reason I asked is because the poster wants a new management team NOW. Just wondering who he thought we could/should get. 

In that case sorry for the generalization but surely you get the point?  I wold say it would be wrong to fire the HC until the Semi is decided then the final.  What message would that give to future applicants if nothing else?

Inch Hearts
26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Freedman never used us to get the Palace gig.  Do you think with their millions they would care about paying peanut compo? 

colinmaroon
16 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You’ve lost it Mitch. ?

David Icke like!!!

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic