Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

This.

The measure of this is watching two other Scottish teams on the box. Painful.

Being a supporter, you don’t see it as turgid as you’re completely wrapped up in it.

Spot on Boab.

You only have to torture yourself and watch the national team and that's in theory our most talented players.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

16 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I've enjoyed the day out rather than the actual game for probably 90% of my time supporting Hearts

It's never been much different, no idea where this idea comes from that we're some sort of flee flowing consistent goal scoring machine. It's bonkers and just not true.

Football to me is entertaining, watching my team gives me the greatest pleasure by far. 

The expense and the effort I put into it is actually quite astounding.

When did I say we were previously a free flowing goal scoring machine?

Football is cyclical...couple of seasons being pish, the a season of being great, the average and so on.

However, since the Cathro debacle (which I’m dubious wasn’t heavily influenced by a Craig depite his protestations), to Craig’s management himself...it’s been dire for a long time now.

I don’t want style before success...all I want is seeing my team give its all, playing with pace and aggression whilst actually attacking the opposition...leaving nothing on the pitch. Now are you honestly telling me you see that in this current team?

The main exception was when we pumped Celtic, to this day I still cannot understand why we have not played that way again.

Edited by Deviskan

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

When did I say we were previously a free flowing goal scoring machine?

Football is cyclical...couple of seasons being pish, the a season of being great, the average and so on.

However, since the Cathro debacle (which I’m dubious wasn’t heavily influenced by a Craig delisted his protestations), to Craig’s management himself...it’s been dire for a long time now.

I don’t want style before success...all I want is seeing my team give its all, playing with pace and aggression whilst actually attacking the opposition...leaving nothing on the pitch. Now are you honestly telling me you see that in this current team?

The main exception was when we pumped Celtic, to this day I still cannot understand why we have not played that way again.

Sorry, but a couple of seasons being pish then a season bring great is just rubbish and you know it.

How about let's end this cycle of just being average every season, that's the last 40 ****in years btw and put in some real groundwork and stability. Lets give the saviour of our club enough time as is needed to change the mentality of the supporters like yourself that Shit the bed at the slightest sign of trouble. 

Or we could jump from knee-jerk to knee-jerk and carry on tradition I suppose, I know what future I prefer as I've lived through the last 4 decades of pretty much bounding from one catastrophe to another.

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Sorry to disappoint you, I do. 

I enjoy the entire football experience, travel, meet my pals, watch the game, discuss the game, travel home. 

Love it tbh.

Hey you know what i’m the same except watch the game and thinking this is a shambles.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

You’ve lost it Mitch. ?

I’m a legend in my own mind, remember ?

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

Just ignore him, he gets his cheap thrills trolling everyone on here. He enjoyed Cathro’s management.

I’m on a mission to covert him to being a 100% Jambo. All he needs to do is want a winning team that 

plays good attacking football home and away.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Where do I sign up, am I worthy? Mmmmmiiiiiitttttcccchhhhh ??

You’ll be my left hand man and it’s always your round.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I still enjoy going to watch the Hearts.

I would enjoy it even better if we were winning trophies and playing like Barca.

Unlike some I realise it's Hearts we are following.

I feel that we are suffering the backlash from our injury crisis. I know most of the players have returned to action but I doubt if many of them are performing 100% to their ability and are always likely to pick up more injuries as a result.

Steven Naismith as an example.

It's a question of match sharpness and confidence imo.

Come on luckydug it’s always excuses. Never mind Barca let’s play as a great Hearts team in 

the Scottish Premiership. 

24 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Sorry, but a couple of seasons being pish then a season bring great is just rubbish and you know it.

How about let's end this cycle of just being average every season, that's the last 40 ****in years btw and put in some real groundwork and stability. Lets give the saviour of our club enough time as is needed to change the mentality of the supporters like yourself that Shit the bed at the slightest sign of trouble. 

Or we could jump from knee-jerk to knee-jerk and carry on tradition I suppose, I know what future I prefer as I've lived through the last 4 decades of pretty much bounding from one catastrophe to another.

Shit the bed? 

Can  you point out precisely where I’ve done that please? What is it...a 5 year knee-jerk reaction...that’s fairly rapid huh!

Every team in world football has cyclical performances ffs...are you suggesting that somehow Hearts will be the only team to completely dominate our league, winning every season...or consistent have a good season forevermore? What a lot of unadulterated PISH!

We have established infrastructural stability...that’s the point, we have however gone rapidly backwards on the pitch (you know, the primary meaning of any football team: to win games).

Our player recruitment is mainly poor...our style of football is eyebleedingly horrendous...and our passion, aggression and attacking intent lethargic to the point of being dosed up in Valium.

Theres absolutely no shame whatsoever in saying this isn’t working...and making a change. By doing so, it doesn’t make anyone less of a supporter.

In my opinion, that time has now come and Craig needs to move on and enjoy retirement from managerial duties at the end of the season.

Edited by Deviskan

46 minutes ago, Boab said:

This.

The measure of this is watching two other Scottish teams on the box. Painful.

Being a supporter, you don’t see it as turgid as you’re completely wrapped up in it.

What a lot of rubbish...literally, wtf!

Just to confirm, you’re saying that if you were watching us get pumped senseless by Rangers or Hibs...or anyone, you would be sat there ‘wrapped up’ in admiring a game of football...not a care in the world, as you’re just enjoying your day out being a supporter?

Like I say...PISH...I’ll look out for your posts on the next match thread when we’re losing.

5 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Shit the bed? 

Can  you point out precisely where I’ve done that please? What is it...a 5 year knee-jerk reaction...that’s fairly rapid huh!

Every team in world football has cyclical performances ffs...are you suggesting that somehow Hearts will be the only team to completely dominate our league, winning every season...or consistent have a good season forevermore? What a lot of unadulterated PISH!

We have established infrastructural stability...that’s the point, we have however gone rapidly backwards on the pitch (you know, the primary meaning of any football team: to win games).

Our player recruitment is mainly poor...our style of football is eyebleedingly horrendous...and our passion, aggression and attacking intent lethargic to the point of being dosed up in Valium.

Theres absolutely no shame whatsoever in saying this isn’t working...and making a change. By doing so, it doesn’t make anyone less of a supporter.

In my opinion, that time has now come and Craig needs to move on and enjoy retirement from managerial duties at the end of the season.

I'm quite happy with my opinion and looking forward to the Aberdeen game. 

Don't forget to bring the tissues for the bleeding eyes. 

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Come on luckydug it’s always excuses. Never mind Barca let’s play as a great Hearts team in 

the Scottish Premiership. 

Exactly, that's all we ask for.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You’ll be my left hand man and it’s always your round.

Cool, I’m used to that ??.

5 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I'm quite happy with my opinion and looking forward to the Aberdeen game. 

Don't forget to bring the tissues for the bleeding eyes. 

Not going to point out where I shit the bed then huh?

Like I said...you’re a troll.

You mentioned that we jump from knee-jerk reaction to knee-jerk reaction...can you please elaborate for everyone with respect to what knee-jerk reactions we have made in the last five years (as it sound like you’re suggesting it’s a regular occurrence)?

Edited by Deviskan

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

We are five points behind them I think, if we win our two remaining games against we would go above. What part of ‘battling it out’ with them are you missing? 

Don’t want to pick at your arithmetic but beating them twice won’t make us go above them, we have 6 other games as do they and our form just now doesn’t look great does it? We really should be well ahead of them wouldn’t you agree?

I would enjoy it even better if we were winning trophies and playing like Barca.

I feel that we are suffering the backlash from our injury crisis. I know most of the players have returned to action but I doubt if many of them are performing 100% to their ability and are always likely to pick up more injuries as a result.

Surely we're way beyond the injury excuse? Rubbish eye bleeding football with no intent no tactics no style, pace or passion can't be down to previous injuries. 

10 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

I don't think for a minute that these are singularly Levein's judgement calls. It's got 'committee' stamped all over it. The usual suspects....

You may well be right, but it's happening and ultimately the buck stops with Craig Levein. He's the Head Coach. It would be interesting to discover the dynamics of it all and how much, influence or say the coaching staff have in team selections etc.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t want to pick at your arithmetic but beating them twice won’t make us go above them, we have 6 other games as do they and our form just now doesn’t look great does it? We really should be well ahead of them wouldn’t you agree?

Too picky. You are fully aware of the point I was making. Whether we finish above them or below them this season is entirely  in our own hands. Does that make it clear enough for you. 

Re being well ahead of them no, I disagree. Their current home run will have them thinking they should be out of sight in second place and closing in on Celtic. I think its 15 points they have dropped in last 6 home league games. Unheard of for an Aberdeen team at home. Had they won all six they would be level at the top with Celtic. 

Rangers fans feel the same way. 

Gibson_HMFC

Look, C'mon. This was all Craig Levein's master plan from day one. To say that anyone else has a say in football matters is naive. 

He came up with a plan and took it to Ann Budge. She agreed to it and so began the sacking of Gary Locke, Jamie Mac, and no new deal for Skacel. 

We piled premiership money into a championship team which made Robbie Neilson look good. 

We done reasonably well after that and should of kicked on

We didn't. 

It has been 1 step forward and 2 steps back from then on.

Edited by Gibson_HMFC

Cruyff Turn
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

But we still have a chance? We can beat Aberdeen, we can beat Hibs and we can beat Killie but we will have to do just that now that we’ve thrown away points in the past couple of months. We are a better side against better opposition for some reason. 

15 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Not going to point out where I shit the bed then huh?

Like I said...you’re a troll.

You mentioned that we jump from knee-jerk reaction to knee-jerk reaction...can you please elaborate for everyone with respect to what knee-jerk reactions we have made in the last five years (as it sound like you’re suggesting it’s a regular occurrence)?

Think you'll find my remark about knee-jerk reactions was over a rather longer period of time than the 5 years you quote.

To punt a manager who's 4 points off his intended target and fulfilling his other target would be a knee-jerk reaction to supporters like you that have Shit the bed over a lack of form. 

The troll comment is pathetic.

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The good, and bad, thing about form is that, for most teams, it tends to change quite regularly. 

1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

Think you'll find my remark about knee-jerk reactions was over a rather longer period of time than the 5 years you quote.

To punt a manager who's 4 points off his intended target and fulfilling his other target would be a knee-jerk reaction to supporters like you that have Shit the bed over a lack of form. 

The troll comment is pathetic.

Bit like the shit the bed comment huh...pathetic, and a way to denigrate another’s persons opinion because you basically have no other comeback.

I’ll ask again, when was our last knee jerk decision (as you intimated they happen frequently)?

Gibson_HMFC

Certain people on here would back the manager if he got us relegated. There's no point even arguing with them. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Too picky. You are fully aware of the point I was making. Whether we finish above them or below them this season is entirely  in our own hands. Does that make it clear enough for you. 

Re being well ahead of them no, I disagree. Their current home run will have them thinking they should be out of sight in second place and closing in on Celtic. I think its 15 points they have dropped in last 6 home league games. Unheard of for an Aberdeen team at home. Had they won all six they would be level at the top with Celtic. 

Rangers fans feel the same way. 

Hearts fans feel that way too, well a lot of us.

7 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Certain people on here would back the manager if he got us relegated. There's no point even arguing with them. 

I don't think anybody on here would do that as much as you'd like it to be the case. 

Pasquale for King

So it was pointless rushing them back then, you would imagine someone with nearly 40 years experience would know that?

8 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Plenty on here criticised Robbie when we won promotion with a record points total 

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The good, and bad, thing about form is that, for most teams, it tends to change quite regularly. 

Yes, one good performance/result usually turns things around. We were poor in league cup until we scored five then look what happened. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hearts fans feel that way too, well a lot of us.

Agreed we do. That’s my point. Pity you missed it. 

11 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Don’t think I’m in that camp but you are correct, some do. Quite a few wanted Locke to remain in post whilst we were relegated. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

But we still have a chance? We can beat Aberdeen, we can beat Hibs and we can beat Killie but we will have to do just that now that we’ve thrown away points in the past couple of months. We are a better side against better opposition for some reason. 

We would’ve had a better chance if we hadn’t dropped so many points since Naismith got injured against Dundee, struggling to change it and dont know why it’s happening to quote CL.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So it was pointless rushing them back then, you would imagine someone with nearly 40 years experience would know that?

Every manager does it if his medical team or the player allows them to. Needs backbone to say to manager that players are not ready. In our case Naismith, Berra, Haring were not ready to return in my opinion. Soutar and Uche were. Who misled whom?

JamboGraham
10 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

I certainly wouldn’t think that would be the case...

Always worth keeping in mind that the very heart of all these debates is that fact that the team with the 4th biggest budget is currently 5th. We really should be 4th and could be 3rd...a disaster would be finishing 6th.

No need to make the debate silly by talking about being 12th or even 11th.

Regardless of all the emotion being shown we really are debating over fine margins and for many it appears to be a question of footballing philosophy as much as it is about results and points on the board.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ours has barely changed since October though has it?

Gibson_HMFC
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think I’m in that camp but you are correct, some do. Quite a few wanted Locke to remain in post whilst we were relegated. 

'Different situation though. Locke gathered us a shit load of points while players weren't getting paid and all sorts. We had been deducted points and he was playing young boys etc. He done a good job considering. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We would’ve had a better chance if we hadn’t dropped so many points since Naismith got injured against Dundee, struggling to change it and dont know why it’s happening to quote CL.

Don’t think he has said that. On Saturday he said he didn’t understand the lack of focus and aggression. 

I agree re Naismith though given what’s happened he probably wouldn’t have played any more than he has  but clearly he was injured at Dens, hadn’t recovered for Murrayfield but did Levein play him against medical advice or did the player tell medical team and manager that he was fit? Relates to my previous post as well about seeing the whole picture not just Saturday afternoon 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Every manager does it if his medical team or the player allows them to. Needs backbone to say to manager that players are not ready. In our case Naismith, Berra, Haring were not ready to return in my opinion. Soutar and Uche were. Who misled whom?

I’m not allowed to speculate, I need hard facts or I then have to backtrack. Do you have the proof of this being the case?

All our players seem to miraculously come back earlier than Levein state they will be out, others can debate why that is.

Shovelly Joe
11 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Is it just the timing of his departure that concerns you or do you think he should stay?

I’d assess his performance at the end of the season.  If he’s won the cup and we’re booking flights for Europe I’ll be quite happy to let him continue.  

3 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

'Different situation though. Locke gathered us a shit load of points while players weren't getting paid and all sorts. We had been deducted points and he was playing young boys etc. He done a good job considering. 

He didnt gather a ‘shit load of points’ at any time as manager. You have proved my point and proved yours as well. 

Edited by soonbe110

Gibson_HMFC

If Levein had the budget and the players to choose from that Locke had... He'd of had to of sacked himself. 

Gibson_HMFC
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

He didnt gather a ‘shit load of points’ at any time as manager. You have proved my point and proved yours as well. 

We won a load of games when we knew we were going down. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sorry I missed the bit where you have ever said that Hearts fans are allowed to expect better, you usually say we have over inflated ideas of how we should play and where we should finish “it’s not just Levein and Hearts” thread for instance where you try to infer we shouldn’t be moaning about Levein because of other teams problems, then say people have nothing better to do than talk about Levein ???‍♂️?????!?!

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Shovelly Joe said:

I’d assess his performance at the end of the season.  If he’s won the cup and we’re booking flights for Europe I’ll be quite happy to let him continue.  

Didn’t realise it was up to you, close thread.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think he has said that. On Saturday he said he didn’t understand the lack of focus and aggression. 

I agree re Naismith though given what’s happened he probably wouldn’t have played any more than he has  but clearly he was injured at Dens, hadn’t recovered for Murrayfield but did Levein play him against medical advice or did the player tell medical team and manager that he was fit? Relates to my previous post as well about seeing the whole picture not just Saturday afternoon 

He said back in December that he was struggling to arrest the form we were in, he still hasn’t worked it out and now has no idea why the lacked focus or aggression. I imagine on a horrific day on that plastic pitch against those cloggers we might’ve been better with battlers like Bozanic etc, but I wasn’t there.

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He said back in December that he was struggling to arrest the form we were in, he still hasn’t worked it out and now has no idea why the lacked focus or aggression. I imagine on a horrific day on that plastic pitch against those cloggers we might’ve been better with battlers like Bozanic etc, but I wasn’t there.

I agree. Was he fully fit? How has he done on plastic in the past? I suspect not. Not great,  are the answers. 

23 minutes ago, Macros said:

Plenty on here criticised Robbie when we won promotion with a record points total 

Unfortunately that's why it's rather difficult to take opinions on here seriously and get into to much debate with some posters, its a  shame because they are probably reasonable chaps away from the keyboard. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry I missed the bit where you have ever said that Hearts fans are allowed to expect better, you usually say we have over inflated ideas of how we should play and where we should finish “it’s not just Levein and Hearts” thread for instance where you try to infer we shouldn’t be moaning about Levein because of other teams problems, then say people have nothing better to do than talk about Levein ???‍♂️?????!?!

Absolute bullshit. 

Gibson_HMFC
4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Unfortunately that's why it's rather difficult to take opinions on here seriously and get into to much debate with some posters, its a  shame because they are probably reasonable chaps away from the keyboard. 

Hey mate, How are you? Hope all is well.

I'm very reasonable.

Happy to tell you that Robbie wasn't good enough and Levein needs to go in real life to.  :)

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I agree. Was he fully fit? How has he done on plastic in the past? I suspect not. Not great,  are the answers. 

He was on the bench so I think he was fit, he did ok at Killie last month I think. 

Fozzyonthefence
41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I think you’re missing the point.  It wouldn’t have mattered who the manager was then - our under 21 side with a 15 point deduction was always going to get relegated.  The point being, with a decent manager,  this team could be doing much, much better.  Hell, we might even manage to beat Hamilton, Dundee and St Mirren.

And don’t spout the shite about 2 cup semi finals.  Failure to have achieved that with the piss easy draws would have been a complete failure.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic