Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Oh Al, we all know that any suggestion of who a replacement could/would be would be shot down by the poster asking and a few others with yourself included. 

Also, Al - when Levein does leave, the people asking "who should we replace Craig with?" will be the same posters encouraging everyone to leave it to the "highly trusted" board and DoF to make the correct appointment by the same type of posters, yourself included. 

I'd guess the next manager will be appointed by a new board when FoH take over in around 12 months time.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Inch Hearts
8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'd guess the next manager will be appointed by a new board when FoH take over in around 12 months time.

I'm sure the board will change over a period of time when the bedding process of the FoH taking over finalizes but 12 months time is a little optimistic - especially when Budge for now, has been asked to stay on (weather she does is a different matter if Levein is forced to depart) 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Do you really expect any club to pick a new Manager/Coach on the basis of what fans think?

You know full well that in any Business (and football's a business) the management have a selection process and why would HMFC be any different to the norm.

The worry for many on here would be that CL would have a say in who the replacemant might be and on the assumption that he were to go then it would be best allround if he were excluded from the selection process.

It was shown previously that the number of credible applicants for the role when CL was appointed was reduced and the club must ask themselves why this was.

Could it be they did not want to work with CL? I don't know the answer to that but look at the number of reported applicants Hibs had when Lennon left.

If press reports can be believed then they seemed to have  large numbers of applicants so you would think that a club of our size should be able to attract similar if not better number of quality applicants as Hibs.

I don't think anyone on here who is critical of CL has all the answers to the current problems nor do they profess to but they can see how poor the performances are and the negative style of play and lack of creativity we have so something is far wrong and it needs sorted soon.

All hypothesis and conjecture.

The poster asked for just one answer not all the answers. Don't be afraid.

15 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Think you'll find my remark about knee-jerk reactions was over a rather longer period of time than the 5 years you quote.

To punt a manager who's 4 points off his intended target and fulfilling his other target would be a knee-jerk reaction to supporters like you that have Shit the bed over a lack of form. 

The troll comment is pathetic.

The fact that we’re going backwards with a better squad has no effect on you. 

The fact that we don’t even play good football doesn’t seem to matter with you.

The harm the coaching is having on our young players you dismiss.

The team selections, tactics, substitutions ect are ok with you.

You have a go at fans that want Hearts to be much better is silly.

I like many fans will support Hearts through thick and thin but when 

we witness our team & players being mismanaged don’t expect fans to be 

silent. 

I rest my case my lord and I ask you Artful Dodger to come over to the light 

before you are gobbled up by a black hole never to be listened to again.

rick witter
4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Some valid points made on here in recent days 

21 points from 20 games is worse than Cathros tenure and he was sacked 

Craig Levein should never have taken over the reigns,  it took us near enough a month to look for a new man, then suddenly we give it too craig who hadn't managed in club football for 8 years took control. We've simply got this wrong again. We've got the 5 year plan wrong and the longer Ann and Craig don't admit this then the more fans are going to vote with their feet. Everyone can see this has gone wrong and it hasn't worked. So what we gave it a try but the longer Ann and Craig bury their heads in the sand hoping for a miracle the more peeved off fans like me wont be back until he's away. Ann and Craig have failed in their 5 year plan spectacularly. 

Spot on but they still have a chance to get us back on track and get a new management team in. There is a role for Levein at the club still but no longer as manager. 

If they can get it sorted out we can be successful next season if not it will be more of the same mid table mediocrity. 

Craig Levein should never have taken over the reigns,  it took us near enough a month to look for a new man, then suddenly we give it too craig who hadn't managed in club football for 8 years took control. We've simply got this wrong again. We've got the 5 year plan wrong and the longer Ann and Craig don't admit this then the more fans are going to vote with their feet. Everyone can see this has gone wrong and it hasn't worked. So what we gave it a try but the longer Ann and Craig bury their heads in the sand hoping for a miracle the more peeved off fans like me wont be back until he's away. Ann and Craig have failed in their 5 year plan spectacularly. 

I think Craig was good for us at the time, although the whole 'recruitment' was a farce. I think we needed someone with a level head, and a degree of experience to really steady the ship and I believe Craig done that. Under Cathro we lost our real identity on the park, and although not many want to admit it, fight and passion for the jersey is more important to me than fancy sideways passing which was more or less what we played under Cathro. It turned us soft as shite and we lost our real fighting spirit  both on the park and in the stands.

Last season once we settled back in at Tynie, on the pitch and terraces we got our identity back. This season we've been strong for a large part of it, but we've lost all our confidence due to circumstances outwith our control. The injury crisis affected our form big time, and we've not recovered. Sadly, this is where Levein is getting somewhat found out as he isn't going to change much.

Not quite sure if this will work but here goes

Here are some the league tables since we returned and to me shows that from a good start we have gone backwards and have now stabilised into a completely average side. Happy days

final scottish premiership table 2017:18 - Google Search.pdf

final scottish premiership table 2016:17 - Google Search.pdf

final scottish premiership table 2015:16 - Google Search.pdf

final scottish premiership table 2018:19 - Google Search.pdf

Edited by 7628mm

Finlay James

Classic, tell us what you think the 5 year plan involves and exactly where we have failed?

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Spot on but they still have a chance to get us back on track and get a new management team in. There is a role for Levein at the club still but no longer as manager. 

If they can get it sorted out we can be successful next season if not it will be more of the same mid table mediocrity. 

Levein could lead us to victory over Aberdeen, Hibs and ICT over a two week period. That would put us very much ‘on track’. We have already beaten all three of those teams, ICT convincingly. The recent struggles have been in games against smaller teams. We seem much better equipped to play against Aberdeen or Hibs currently than we are to play Hamilton or Livingston. The hysterical reaction on here is bizarre considering our season is very much alive.

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Levein could lead us to victory over Aberdeen, Hibs and ICT over a two week period. That would put us very much ‘on track’. We have already beaten all three of those teams, ICT convincingly. The recent struggles have been in games against smaller teams. We seem much better equipped to play against Aberdeen or Hibs currently than we are to play Hamilton or Livingston. The hysterical reaction on here is bizarre considering our season is very much alive.

Is the correct answer. 

????????

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Classic, tell us what you think the 5 year plan involves and exactly where we have failed?

The system that was put in place to bring through as many top class young coaches as players and when one HC leaves the next comes into place?

“We all know about coaching footballers but there is no reason you can’t coach coaches and invest money and time into making people better.

“There is such a randomness about selecting managers. Whenever I see a job come up and the top-six names on the list, they are all completely different types. That’s madness. You must have an idea about what your football club is to become before you appoint a manager and that’s how this all started for me.

“Almost every club in Scotland does it the same way – they pick a manager, 
see how he does, he tells you it’s not his team and then you’re into a cycle of paying players off.

“This system does away with all that because the next coach is in the system. He understands the players and what the team are trying to achieve.

“He understands the philosophy, the way the team plays.

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

When did we beat Aberdeen and Hibs convincingly? 

Walter Bishop
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

*Never been to watch Hearts once this season type post.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

When did we beat Aberdeen and Hibs convincingly? 

Basic football knowledge and basic reading skills lacking in equal measure on JKB.

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not beating the pish teams is what has wrecked this season

You can only blame Levein's coaching and tactics for that I'm afraid. We have no clue how to play against teams that sit deep.

Levein may very well have the team doing better against Aberdeen and Hibs but then I think the players are more fired up from the occasion.

Inch Hearts
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Basic football knowledge and basic reading skills lacking in equal measure on JKB.

Got ya.  Aberdeen should have been convincingly mind you had we scored the second pen.  Clung on at the end. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Walter Bishop said:

*Never been to watch Hearts once this season type post.

Actually, I've  attended the 5-0 Victory over ICT, the 2-1 victory over Aberdeen and the 0-1 victory over Hibs, hence my belief that we can beat those three teams again.

Craig Levein.............Boring and clueless football and tactics. Boring personality and demeanor. Unable to make progress, unable to motivate his players, unable to get the supporters onside.

Craig Levein.............A recipe for disaster.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, kila said:

Not beating the pish teams is what has wrecked this season

You can only blame Levein's coaching and tactics for that I'm afraid. We have no clue how to play against teams that sit deep.

Levein may very well have the team doing better against Aberdeen and Hibs but then I think the players are more fired up from the occasion.

Aberdeen don't either judging by recent results. It is very very difficult to combat defensive tactics. Greece and Portugal winning the Euro's and Rangers getting to a European Cup final are testimony to that. Celtic manage it as the gulf in class is simply too great, as per out Championship season or current Cup campaigns. An interesting recent example can be found in the two legs of the Bayern Munich v Liverpool Champions League tie. 1st leg Bayern played in damage limitation mode to keep the tie alive, result 0-0. 2nd leg Bayern tried to play football, Liverpool obliterated them, result 1-3. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aberdeen don't either judging by recent results. It is very very difficult to combat defensive tactics. Greece and Portugal winning the Euro's and Rangers getting to a European Cup final are testimony to that. Celtic manage it as the gulf in class is simply too great, as per out Championship season or current Cup campaigns. An interesting recent example can be found in the two legs of the Bayern Munich v Liverpool Champions League tie. 1st leg Bayern played in damage limitation mode to keep the tie alive, result 0-0. 2nd leg Bayern tried to play football, Liverpool obliterated them, result 1-3. 

Aye, but what relevance does any of that have to Craig Levein not being a Jobby. 

Answer the question........

3ef815416f775098fe977004015c6193.gif

3 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Aye, but what relevance does any of that have to Craig Levein not being a Jobby. 

Answer the question........

Still waiting on a response to the following:

"I’ll ask again, when was our last knee jerk decision (as you intimated they happen frequently)?"

As you said...we jump from knee jerk reaction to knee jerk reaction, so when was the last time that happened?

31 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

The system that was put in place to bring through as many top class young coaches as players and when one HC leaves the next comes into place?

“We all know about coaching footballers but there is no reason you can’t coach coaches and invest money and time into making people better.

“There is such a randomness about selecting managers. Whenever I see a job come up and the top-six names on the list, they are all completely different types. That’s madness. You must have an idea about what your football club is to become before you appoint a manager and that’s how this all started for me.

see how he does, he tells you it’s not his team and then you’re into a cycle of paying players off.

“This system does away with all that because the next coach is in the system. He understands the players and what the team are trying to achieve.

That's right.  You'll never see a Hearts manager coming in and signing 25 players while saying players already there were to be frozen out as they're "not his sort of player".

Geoff the Mince
24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

mate take a break , you slaver some amount of  pish ! 

The club, the history, the stadium, the facitlities, the tremendous support it gets, & not forgetting the beautiful city in which it resides, surely must make us one of the most exciting managerial prospects in Scotland if not the UK imo. Fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.

Finlay James
42 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

1.  We budgeted and predicted that we would spend up to 3 years in the championship upon exiting administration.  We won the championship at a canter and were automatically promoted after year one.

2.  Year two, we finished 3rd in the SPL 

3.  Year three, we were back in Europe 

4.  Alongside this, we planned to rebuild the main stand and modernize the pitch.  We've done this (albeit due to circumstance) well ahead of schedule.

5.  We planned to completely overhaul the academy and vastly improve our coaching, scouting and networks.  We've done this but now that the foundations are in place, the hard work starts now.  To take this forward, we have set up ties with Balerno high school, partnerships with US soccer and St Patrick's athletic in Ireland.  As such, our reach has grown significantly.  Last season, we had the highest number of minutes played by youth players in Europe.  As you know, we have 2-3 cohorts of players ready to make the 1st team on a regular basis.  Cochrane, McDonald, Keena, Brandon, Godinho, Morrison are now regularly in 1st team squads and behind them, Aaron Hickey is getting close too.  Connor Smith and Chris Hamilton regularly play for Scotland and are likely to be part of 1st team squads from next season.  Below them in the age groups, we have some amazing talents coming through.  

6.  This season we have reached one semi final and tomorrow we have an excellent chance of reaching the Scottish cup final.

I know that right now we are boring and not playing well but we've also proved at times that we san match anyone.  We are infuriatingly inconsistent.  However, folk are clutching at straws to criticize every aspect of Leveins job because in most areas, he has excelled.

If you're going to make stuff up @kimosavi at least try to be original as you are way off if it think we have failed with our 5 year plan

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

1.  We budgeted and predicted that we would spend up to 3 years in the championship upon exiting administration.  We won the championship at a canter and were automatically promoted after year one.

2.  Year two, we finished 3rd in the SPL 

3.  Year three, we were back in Europe 

4.  Alongside this, we planned to rebuild the main stand and modernize the pitch.  We've done this (albeit due to circumstance) well ahead of schedule.

5.  We planned to completely overhaul the academy and vastly improve our coaching, scouting and networks.  We've done this but now that the foundations are in place, the hard work starts now.  To take this forward, we have set up ties with Balerno high school, partnerships with US soccer and St Patrick's athletic in Ireland.  As such, our reach has grown significantly.  Last season, we had the highest number of minutes played by youth players in Europe.  As you know, we have 2-3 cohorts of players ready to make the 1st team on a regular basis.  Cochrane, McDonald, Keena, Brandon, Godinho, Morrison are now regularly in 1st team squads and behind them, Aaron Hickey is getting close too.  Connor Smith and Chris Hamilton regularly play for Scotland and are likely to be part of 1st team squads from next season.  Below them in the age groups, we have some amazing talents coming through.  

6.  This season we have reached one semi final and tomorrow we have an excellent chance of reaching the Scottish cup final.

I know that right now we are boring and not playing well but we've also proved at times that we san match anyone.  We are infuriatingly inconsistent.  However, folk are clutching at straws to criticize every aspect of Leveins job because in most areas, he has excelled.

If you're going to make stuff up @kimosavi at least try to be original as you are way off if it think we have failed with our 5 year plan

The first couple of years where a complete success.  There's absolutely no denying this.  We can't keep living on the back of that though.

Number 4 is not part of Levein's 5 year plan.

The ultimate plan was to produce coaches and players to be trained up to come into the head coach/first team seamlessly playing and knowing the style of football that is required.  That plan has been a complete and utter shambles.  The youngsters got a chance last season because it was "that" shambolic on the pitch and not because the process is working and they where ready.  Where are they now?  How is their confidence when they see tons more players being signed every single pre-season and only getting a chance down to injuries or the players coming in being shit?  

I hope we have amazing talents coming through, and I hope they are coached and progressed better to coming to the first team than anyone that has in the past five years.  

18 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Still waiting on a response to the following:

"I’ll ask again, when was our last knee jerk decision (as you intimated they happen frequently)?"

As you said...we jump from knee jerk reaction to knee jerk reaction, so when was the last time that happened?

Jordan, Burley, Csaba, JJ 2nd time round, Gary Lockes employment as head coach. Cathros sacking. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Jordan, Burley, Csaba, JJ 2nd time round, Gary Lockes employment as head coach. Cathros sacking. 

The only knee-jerk out of all of them was Burley.  The rest everyone knew it was going to happen and in some cases (Csaba and Cathro) got longer than expected not to jump the old gun.

1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

Cathro's sacking was a knee-jerk reaction?

Ignoring the above monumentally mystifying point...the last 'knee-jerk' reaction you state is about 6 years ago...yet you intimated we stumble from knee-jerk to knee jerk reaction?

Struggling to understand your logic here...Employing Gary Locke to then sacking Craig = going from knee jerk to knee jerk reaction!

What a load of PISH!

Mr Elwood P
25 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

mate take a break , you slaver some amount of  pish ! 

Slaver, denotes a factual inaccuracy. If you can demonstrate one you might have a point, otherwise the slaver tag may be more suitably applied to yourself.

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

The only knee-jerk out of all of them was Burley.  The rest everyone knew it was going to happen and in some cases (Csaba and Cathro) got longer than expected not to jump the old gun.

Because the supporters demand it, doesn't mean you should do it, Jordan deserved more time, Csaba deserved a tenner for players and more time, Lockes employment was about as knee-jerk as it gets and Cathros punting was demanded again by supporters, he should have gone long before he did or at least with a new coach lined up, not the knee jerk way in which it was handled.

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

You are emphasising my point. I said the number of credible applicants were reduced and you have higlighted two so why were the number of applicants so low?

Could it be because they did not want to work alongside CL? I don't know if that is the case but it certainly makes you wonder. As I said Hibs seemed to be flooded with applicants for their job but not us, why?

Your original post includes nothing but conjecture about number of candidates, why the numbers were what they were, how many candidates Hibs supposedly had etc. Hibs, by media conjecture, only interviewed two or three candidates, and ended up with their second choice who in all fairness was a complete unknown to most of their fans. 

Your current post contains more conjecture, not wanting to work with CL, Hibs flooded with applicants. 

Prefer to talk about facts. 

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Your right i’d add that there have been many good No.2’s and coaches that have not made 

good managers. Some people are good at leading and some good at following. A coach or 

No.2 should take a managers job at a lower level to not only prove to clubs but to themselves

that they are capable of  doing a managers job. They might even realise that they are not cut out 

for a managers job and revert back to coaching. 

On Levein i’d ask the question is he ambitious to become the best manager in the league because 

if he isn’t he should not be managing Hearts. And if Levein thinks that one of his staff should 

become the next Hearts manager after him he is wrong, very wrong and he’d be gambling with 

the future of our team all because of this theory of having a Bootroom.

Edited by mitch41

3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Cathro's sacking was a knee-jerk reaction?

Ignoring the above monumentally mystifying point...the last 'knee-jerk' reaction you state is about 6 years ago...yet you intimated we stumble from knee-jerk to knee jerk reaction?

Struggling to understand your logic here...Employing Gary Locke to then sacking Craig = going from knee jerk to knee jerk reaction!

What a load of PISH!

The original post stated over a 40 year period, you're well aware of that but for some reason have your pants all twisty. 

Ach well. 

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Another Levein apologist.

It's not a prerequisite that in order to point out the flaws and mediocrity of Levein's coaching you have to be able to name a successor.

Kind of is if you are suggesting he be replaced immediately. Otherwise it’s just toys out of the pram comments without thinking about the ramifications. 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Slaver, denotes a factual inaccuracy. If you can demonstrate one you might have a point, otherwise the slaver tag may be more suitably applied to yourself.

They are both slavers, tbf.

Finlay James
6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

The first couple of years where a complete success.  There's absolutely no denying this.  We can't keep living on the back of that though.

The ultimate plan was to produce coaches and players to be trained up to come into the head coach/first team seamlessly playing and knowing the style of football that is required.  That plan has been a complete and utter shambles.  The youngsters got a chance last season because it was "that" shambolic on the pitch and not because the process is working and they where ready.  Where are they now?  How is their confidence when they see tons more players being signed every single pre-season and only getting a chance down to injuries or the players coming in being shit?  

I hope we have amazing talents coming through, and I hope they are coached and progressed better to coming to the first team than anyone that has in the past five years.  

Ok, so how do you know that none of the coaches are ready now if need be?  As an example, Austin McPhee is an assistant manager at international and club level, would it be a shambles if he were to succeed Levein?  I'll answer for you, no one knows.  Fox, Daly or Kirk could be a success but they are untested at our level, therefore, again, we don't know.  To say this aspect has been a shambles is ridiculous.

No offense but I'll put my trust in Levein and the academy coaches as to how ready or otherwise our young lads are for 1st team football.  I watch several age group games and yes, we have some amazing talents coming through.  You should come a long and see for yourself rather than sit on JKB and speculate.

also, the ultimate goal of the 5 year plan was to get promoted from the championship and destabilize ourselves in the SPL.  We've done this with ease.

As I've said numerous times, you can slate the club for our current performances but if you look at the bigger picture, there is very little to be negative about.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

The fact that we’re going backwards with a better squad has no effect on you. 

The fact that we don’t even play good football doesn’t seem to matter with you.

The harm the coaching is having on our young players you dismiss.

The team selections, tactics, substitutions ect are ok with you.

You have a go at fans that want Hearts to be much better is silly.

I like many fans will support Hearts through thick and thin but when 

we witness our team & players being mismanaged don’t expect fans to be 

silent. 

I rest my case my lord and I ask you Artful Dodger to come over to the light 

before you are gobbled up by a black hole never to be listened to again.

One point, coaching of younger players. Our reserve, not youth, team is full of youngsters, last time I watched them there were three 17 year-olds and two 16 year-olds starting. On 1 April they play in the Reserve Cup Final. Coaching must be really crap I guess?

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Another Levein apologist.

It's not a prerequisite that in order to point out the flaws and mediocrity of Levein's coaching you have to be able to name a successor.

Well said ?

There would be a queue of experienced managers out there who would jump at the chance. 

Will we win the cup with Levein in charge most definitely not 

Could we win the cup with a new manager who knows maybe we could 

I do like Levein as a person but I am. Not blind to see he is totally clueless 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

All hypothesis and conjecture.

The poster asked for just one answer not all the answers. Don't be afraid.

My post is a genuine attempt to figure out why we had such a limited group of applicants for the job before CL took it.

Afraid of what?

As far as I am aware the only names that were mentioned other than the two  by the said poster you refer to either by the media or the club who had

applied for the job were as follows.

Owen Coyle

Steven Pressley

Paul Hartley

Steve McClaren

Fabriziio Ravanelli

Consdering the club said they had been inundated with applications if this is the best of them then it doesn't say a lot about how others view the prospect of working for Hearts or as I said previously is it the Levein factor that is putting them off?

2 hours ago, Coco said:

Paulo Sergio was apparently unworthy of an interview.  Must have been a less attractive candidate than John Daly.

I wouldn’t give him one either. Especially if I wanted exciting, good to watch, attacking football. 

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Because the supporters demand it, doesn't mean you should do it, Jordan deserved more time, Csaba deserved a tenner for players and more time, Lockes employment was about as knee-jerk as it gets and Cathros punting was demanded again by supporters, he should have gone long before he did or at least with a new coach lined up, not the knee jerk way in which it was handled.

We where an utter shambles under Jordan when he got sacked.  Locke wasn’t knee jerk it was carefully planned by new owners supporters demanded Cathro was sacked before end of the season and the board didn’t listen to the knee jerk reactions.  Csaba the writing was on the wall. He did deserve more funds though.

3 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Ok, so how do you know that none of the coaches are ready now if need be?  As an example, Austin McPhee is an assistant manager at international and club level, would it be a shambles if he were to succeed Levein?  I'll answer for you, no one knows.  Fox, Daly or Kirk could be a success but they are untested at our level, therefore, again, we don't know.  To say this aspect has been a shambles is ridiculous.

No offense but I'll put my trust in Levein and the academy coaches as to how ready or otherwise our young lads are for 1st team football.  I watch several age group games and yes, we have some amazing talents coming through.  You should come a long and see for yourself rather than sit on JKB and speculate.

also, the ultimate goal of the 5 year plan was to get promoted from the championship and destabilize ourselves in the SPL.  We've done this with ease.

As I've said numerous times, you can slate the club for our current performances but if you look at the bigger picture, there is very little to be negative about.

Stabilise, mate !

An unfortunate typo !

Good post though !

Edited by Boab

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

Well said ?

There would be a queue of experienced managers out there who would jump at the chance. 

That is quite plainly a ridiculous statement. Three other teams remain in the Scottish Cup. We have beaten all three teams this season with Levein as manager. We beat Aberdeen and Celtic last season with Levein in charge. Cup competitions are often decided on a single moment of brilliance or incompetence.

1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

Not quite sure if this will work but here goes

Here are some the league tables since we returned and to me shows that from a good start we have gone backwards and have now stabilised into a completely average side. Happy days

final scottish premiership table 2017:18 - Google Search.pdf

final scottish premiership table 2016:17 - Google Search.pdf

final scottish premiership table 2015:16 - Google Search.pdf

final scottish premiership table 2018:19 - Google Search.pdf

It must have escaped your notice but in the first season back up there was no Rangers and no Hibs.

The second season there was no Hibs.

Last season we were in the throes of rectifying the Cathro period and playing the majority of our games away from Tynecastle.

This season we have been devasted by long term injuries to key players.

Maybe you think these factors had no bearing on our position.

20 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

The five year plan was Budges not Leveins. It encompassed everything about the Club 

8 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Well said ?

More conjecture. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The five year plan was Budges not Leveins. It encompassed everything about the Club 

Levein definitely talked about a five year plan and a structure of the playing and coaching side of the club, hence my quotes a few posts ago. 

Mr Elwood P

On the plus side if Levein stays in charge long enough this thread should oust the Rangers Admin thread as the longest in JKB history.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic