Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

On the plus side if Levein stays in charge long enough this thread should oust the Rangers Admin thread as the longest in JKB history.

And about time.

Ridiculous that that shambles still clogs up the forum.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

One point, coaching of younger players. Our reserve, not youth, team is full of youngsters, last time I watched them there were three 17 year-olds and two 16 year-olds starting. On 1 April they play in the Reserve Cup Final. Coaching must be really crap I guess?

When we start seeing the benefit of these great young prospects coming through into the first team and have English Premiership clubs knocking on the door to sign them for millions then I will galdly agree with you.

In the meantime they are still just promising youngsters. CL has had fours years now to revamp the younger age groups and that to a large extent is why the Reserves have a high number of younger lads there because he concentrated his efforts on the younger end rather than the formerly known under 20's.

It is always a difficult job to recognise potential at those younger age groups that is why a number of clubs have given up because it is a costly business and it is often better and cheaper to bring in seasoned pro's as CL has done this season to the detriment of some of our younger players who have been put out on loan or sit on the bench.

It could of course help them develop being on loan and they may get more game time next season but time will tell.

So far I am not aware of any of our Academy players being sold on for any decent amounts of cash but then a lot of them are still very young and could yet still benefit the club.

30 minutes ago, sac said:

The club, the history, the stadium, the facitlities, the tremendous support it gets, & not forgetting the beautiful city in which it resides, surely must make us one of the most exciting managerial prospects in Scotland if not the UK imo. Fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.

And yet I still can’t understand why I wasn’t possible for Hearts to employ a top manager after Cathro.

This is why i’d not want Craig Levein shortlisting the applicants or insisting in the brief that the current

asst. / coaching staff must be retained in their present roles. All management / coaches of the teams 

has to be the responsibility of the new manager with a Director of Football working in a 

supporting role to the manager. 

Inch Hearts
11 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Ok, so how do you know that none of the coaches are ready now if need be?  As an example, Austin McPhee is an assistant manager at international and club level, would it be a shambles if he were to succeed Levein?  I'll answer for you, no one knows.  Fox, Daly or Kirk could be a success but they are untested at our level, therefore, again, we don't know.  To say this aspect has been a shambles is ridiculous.

No offense but I'll put my trust in Levein and the academy coaches as to how ready or otherwise our young lads are for 1st team football.  I watch several age group games and yes, we have some amazing talents coming through.  You should come a long and see for yourself rather than sit on JKB and speculate.

also, the ultimate goal of the 5 year plan was to get promoted from the championship and destabilize ourselves in the SPL.  We've done this with ease.

As I've said numerous times, you can slate the club for our current performances but if you look at the bigger picture, there is very little to be negative about.

Fair enough.  Until there’s players that are ready to come through and play week in week out it’s all up for debate though and the legacy so far of it all is no player has been good enough to come through and be a first choice starter since Levein came into his position.   Not one coach was ready to come in and replace the one before and make a success of it.  That is what he wanted his legacy to be and so far it’s not worked.  Throwing money at loan signings to help us to the max is the only thing that’s went right. That and experienced players like Lafferty and Berra. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Boab said:

And about time.

Ridiculous that that shambles still clogs up the forum.

I tend to agree, any time I try to rip my Rangers supporting mate about the state of their club he throws the super thread back in my face. Not much to say in response!

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

My post is a genuine attempt to figure out why we had such a limited group of applicants for the job before CL took it.

Afraid of what?

As far as I am aware the only names that were mentioned other than the two  by the said poster you refer to either by the media or the club who had

applied for the job were as follows.

Owen Coyle

Steven Pressley

Paul Hartley

Steve McClaren

Fabriziio Ravanelli

Consdering the club said they had been inundated with applications if this is the best of them then it doesn't say a lot about how others view the prospect of working for Hearts or as I said previously is it the Levein factor that is putting them off?

Every job that becomes free in football has probably hundreds of applicants. Very few of them are genuinely realistic. 

First three you mention have, with exception of odd purple patch, failed as managers. McLaren and Ravanelli clearly massively unaffordable even if they actually wanted the job 

The way it works is that when a job becomes available agents apply for all their clients en masse. Many times the manager won’t even know his name has been put forward. And many times he will know his name is in but he has no intention of taking it. Any publicity when out of work s good publicity. 

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Levein definitely talked about a five year plan and a structure of the playing and coaching side of the club, hence my quotes a few posts ago. 

He did but it was part of the overal plan. Think we are on same page. 

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Classic, tell us what you think the 5 year plan involves and exactly where we have failed?

Tell you what you tell me how its been successful? 

Because i know its failed 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He did but it was part of the overal plan. Think we are on same page. 

?

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

When we start seeing the benefit of these great young prospects coming through into the first team and have English Premiership clubs knocking on the door to sign them for millions then I will galdly agree with you.

In the meantime they are still just promising youngsters. CL has had fours years now to revamp the younger age groups and that to a large extent is why the Reserves have a high number of younger lads there because he concentrated his efforts on the younger end rather than the formerly known under 20's.

It is always a difficult job to recognise potential at those younger age groups that is why a number of clubs have given up because it is a costly business and it is often better and cheaper to bring in seasoned pro's as CL has done this season to the detriment of some of our younger players who have been put out on loan or sit on the bench.

It could of course help them develop being on loan and they may get more game time next season but time will tell.

So far I am not aware of any of our Academy players being sold on for any decent amounts of cash but then a lot of them are still very young and could yet still benefit the club.

At the moment these young kids are doing really well. I agree re coming through but you need to remember that if a club gets two first team regulars out of every 20 that pass through their academy they are doing well. 

How many Scottish youngsters have been signed by English premiership club for millions in last ten years? That will keep you busy and searching. Your expectations are way over the top. 

Your comments generally support the view that Levein has done a good job with the academy. 

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Your original post includes nothing but conjecture about number of candidates, why the numbers were what they were, how many candidates Hibs supposedly had etc. Hibs, by media conjecture, only interviewed two or three candidates, and ended up with their second choice who in all fairness was a complete unknown to most of their fans. 

Your current post contains more conjecture, not wanting to work with CL, Hibs flooded with applicants. 

Prefer to talk about facts. 

Rather than stating that my posts are all about conjecture you fail to give a decent argument as to why the number of decent applicants was so poor.

You prefer to say it is all conjecture. Are you disagreeing with the list of applicants I posted?

AB herself said the club had been inundated with applicants and yet it seems that the a few of ones I mentioned were the only serious candidates.

I understood that those interviewed for the Job were Billy Davies, Dougie Freedman, Paul Hartley and Steven Pressley. Is that conjecture?

If you prefer to talk facts then have a look at our record against the bottom six clubs and the style of play we currently have and tell me iof that is conjecture?

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Every job that becomes free in football has probably hundreds of applicants. Very few of them are genuinely realistic. 

First three you mention have, with exception of odd purple patch, failed as managers. McLaren and Ravanelli clearly massively unaffordable even if they actually wanted the job 

The way it works is that when a job becomes available agents apply for all their clients en masse. Many times the manager won’t even know his name has been put forward. And many times he will know his name is in but he has no intention of taking it. Any publicity when out of work s good publicity. 

Is that fact or conjecture?

Finlay James
2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

1.  We budgeted and predicted that we would spend up to 3 years in the championship upon exiting administration.  We won the championship at a canter and were automatically promoted after year one.

2.  Year two, we finished 3rd in the SPL 

3.  Year three, we were back in Europe 

4.  Alongside this, we planned to rebuild the main stand and modernize the pitch.  We've done this (albeit due to circumstance) well ahead of schedule.

5.  We planned to completely overhaul the academy and vastly improve our coaching, scouting and networks.  We've done this but now that the foundations are in place, the hard work starts now.  To take this forward, we have set up ties with Balerno high school, partnerships with US soccer and St Patrick's athletic in Ireland.  As such, our reach has grown significantly.  Last season, we had the highest number of minutes played by youth players in Europe.  As you know, we have 2-3 cohorts of players ready to make the 1st team on a regular basis.  Cochrane, McDonald, Keena, Brandon, Godinho, Morrison are now regularly in 1st team squads and behind them, Aaron Hickey is getting close too.  Connor Smith and Chris Hamilton regularly play for Scotland and are likely to be part of 1st team squads from next season.  Below them in the age groups, we have some amazing talents coming through.  

6.  This season we have reached one semi final and tomorrow we have an excellent chance of reaching the Scottish cup final.

Its not failed, not even close.  Listening to guys like you and the other numpties on here who hate Levein is like listening to the cleaner in a hospital saying they could a better job than the neurosurgeon.  It's getting cringeworthy.

5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

You would need to know what it involves to say it’s failed......surely ?

Edit; FJ has slam-dunked that particular nonsense !

Edited by Boab

6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And yet I still can’t understand why I wasn’t possible for Hearts to employ a top manager after Cathro.

This is why i’d not want Craig Levein shortlisting the applicants or insisting in the brief that the current

asst. / coaching staff must be retained in their present roles. All management / coaches of the teams 

has to be the responsibility of the new manager with a Director of Football working in a 

I don’t think I’d want Levein in on the process either. Clean break is required. 

6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I don’t know who you think is a top manager but money is undoubtedly the main issue. Many League One managers earn more than Levein so that rules out about 100 of the top managers in England ( current managers and those out of work just waiting). We only have a small number of proven top managers in Scotland (McInnes, Lennon, anymore?). So where do we get them from? Unknown foreigners is high risk. Recent players is high risk, (Gerrard and Lampard). It’s a tough task. Just look at Rangers managerial mess over last few years, McCoist, Warburton, Pedro, Gerrard, all very expensive, a mix of all I mentioned above and basically all failures. I’d argue that Murty is probably the best they have had and if he had been given the money the others were I think he might just have turned them around. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Rudy T said:

He’s on the board so I guess unless he resigns it’s a given he’ll be staying. I think the DoF is a waste of time with CL on the board . If we get a competent manager I’m sure they can work with him on scouting networks and player targets etc. Ultimately at any club the board have the final say on signings anyway so it won’t be any different. For all that’s said CL is still well respected in the game so I’d think most managers would appreciate his experience on the board and around the club so long as he stays out of first team matters.

Two things, not sure how you gauge if Levein is well respected in the game, he seems pretty unpopular with fans and managers of many clubs. He can’t help himself from interfering, he said that not long after taking the job again. He needs to go and become a token Board member with no civtr over any aspect of the football operations if want to progress under a new man. As for the DoF role it’s a position that’s required these days if you want a manager to be looking after the interests and coaching of the players.

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Rather than stating that my posts are all about conjecture you fail to give a decent argument as to why the number of decent applicants was so poor.

You prefer to say it is all conjecture. Are you disagreeing with the list of applicants I posted?

AB herself said the club had been inundated with applicants and yet it seems that the a few of ones I mentioned were the only serious candidates.

I understood that those interviewed for the Job were Billy Davies, Dougie Freedman, Paul Hartley and Steven Pressley. Is that conjecture?

If you prefer to talk facts then have a look at our record against the bottom six clubs and the style of play we currently have and tell me iof that is conjecture?

See most recent posts 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

At the moment these young kids are doing really well. I agree re coming through but you need to remember that if a club gets two first team regulars out of every 20 that pass through their academy they are doing well. 

How many Scottish youngsters have been signed by English premiership club for millions in last ten years? That will keep you busy and searching. Your expectations are way over the top. 

Your comments generally support the view that Levein has done a good job with the academy. 

I do think he has done a decent job with the academy as it sounded like it was a mess before but it is whether the cost of running it contiues to make it viable unless we start reapng the rewards of the promsisng youngsters.

The only home grown player playing regular first team football at the moment is Morrison and I think there are very mixed opinions on how well he is doing.

I know there are a number of players out on loan and it will be intersting to see what happens to them next season if we assume CL is still in charge.

Will he start playing them again as he did with Cochrane last season or will they be bench warmers? Time will tell.

Just now, Finlay James said:

1.  We budgeted and predicted that we would spend up to 3 years in the championship upon exiting administration.  We won the championship at a canter and were automatically promoted after year one.

2.  Year two, we finished 3rd in the SPL 

3.  Year three, we were back in Europe 

4.  Alongside this, we planned to rebuild the main stand and modernize the pitch.  We've done this (albeit due to circumstance) well ahead of schedule.

5.  We planned to completely overhaul the academy and vastly improve our coaching, scouting and networks.  We've done this but now that the foundations are in place, the hard work starts now.  To take this forward, we have set up ties with Balerno high school, partnerships with US soccer and St Patrick's athletic in Ireland.  As such, our reach has grown significantly.  Last season, we had the highest number of minutes played by youth players in Europe.  As you know, we have 2-3 cohorts of players ready to make the 1st team on a regular basis.  Cochrane, McDonald, Keena, Brandon, Godinho, Morrison are now regularly in 1st team squads and behind them, Aaron Hickey is getting close too.  Connor Smith and Chris Hamilton regularly play for Scotland and are likely to be part of 1st team squads from next season.  Below them in the age groups, we have some amazing talents coming through.  

6.  This season we have reached one semi final and tomorrow we have an excellent chance of reaching the Scottish cup final.

Its not failed, not even close.  Listening to guys like you and the other numpties on here who hate Levein is like listening to the cleaner in a hospital saying they could a better job than the neurosurgeon.  It's getting cringeworthy.

Scouting has failed massively out turnover off players is shocking and we've spanked millions on duds scouted and brought in by these scouts apparently 

We rebuild every summer because a mixture of the managers and scouts have failed us 

We rebuild a team nearly every window 

Cathro more wages spunked 

Youth system has failed no young players have come through to cement a 1st team place even Cochrane out brightest has vanished off the scene and no players have been sold for money 

We have around 5 or coaches who dont seem to do anything, and i include them with Levein in the sense we are a really bad team to watch. What do these coaches bring to the table because we are rotten

As for the semis we had two of the easiest routes to both cup competitions 

You disagree i get that but for me its epically failed on the playing side 

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Or our record against top 6, or our record first three months of season. Timing is everything. If we win next three or four games all this discussion is meaningless. If we lose them all action will be taken, I don’t doubt it. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t know who you think is a top manager but money is undoubtedly the main issue. Many League One managers earn more than Levein so that rules out about 100 of the top managers in England ( current managers and those out of work just waiting). We only have a small number of proven top managers in Scotland (McInnes, Lennon, anymore?). So where do we get them from? Unknown foreigners is high risk. Recent players is high risk, (Gerrard and Lampard). It’s a tough task. Just look at Rangers managerial mess over last few years, McCoist, Warburton, Pedro, Gerrard, all very expensive, a mix of all I mentioned above and basically all failures. I’d argue that Murty is probably the best they have had and if he had been given the money the others were I think he might just have turned them around. 

Hibs seem to be doing ok, last two managers won trophies and the new guy is on course to overtake us in near future having been 11 points behind in January. As you and your Levein fan boys seem happy to take risks when signing players but not managers, why?

Finlay James
1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

Scouting has failed massively out turnover off players is shocking and we've spanked millions on duds scouted and brought in by these scouts apparently 

We rebuild every summer because a mixture of the managers and scouts have failed us 

We rebuild a team nearly every window 

Cathro more wages spunked 

Youth system has failed no young players have come through to cement a 1st team place even Cochrane out brightest has vanished off the scene and no players have been sold for money 

We have around 5 or coaches who dont seem to do anything, and i include them with Levein in the sense we are a really bad team to watch. What do these coaches bring to the table because we are rotten

As for the semis we had two of the easiest routes to both cup competitions 

You disagree i get that but for me its epically failed on the playing side 

Its not about me disagreeing or otherwise; I'm stating facts of what the 5 year plan entailed.  You've just listed things you're pissed off about.  You said you knew we had failed but you couldn't be more wrong.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I do think he has done a decent job with the academy as it sounded like it was a mess before but it is whether the cost of running it contiues to make it viable unless we start reapng the rewards of the promsisng youngsters.

The only home grown player playing regular first team football at the moment is Morrison and I think there are very mixed opinions on how well he is doing.

I know there are a number of players out on loan and it will be intersting to see what happens to them next season if we assume CL is still in charge.

Will he start playing them again as he did with Cochrane last season or will they be bench warmers? Time will tell.

Largely agree however I believe both Godinho and Brandon would be playing regularly if not for nearly career-threatening injuries from which they are still recovering. Part of the risk of playing kids before their bodies are ready for it, similar to Harry. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hibs seem to be doing ok, last two managers won trophies and the new guy is on course to overtake us in near future having been 11 points behind in January. As you and your Levein fan boys seem happy to take risks when signing players but not managers, why?

Stubbs has never been a top manager and wouldn’t be good enough for us. Lennon is top manager but would be very divisive here. The Hibs/Celtic love-in played a big part in him getting the job. Wouldn’t surprise me if there was a release clause in his Hibs contract. 

Who do you think we should target as Leveins replacement. No waffle, no evasion, needs to be affordable. Whom? 

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Your right i’d add that there have been many good No.2’s and coaches that have not made 

good managers. Some people are good at leading and some good at following. A coach or 

No.2 should take a managers job at a lower level to not only prove to clubs but to themselves

that they are capable of  doing a managers job. They might even realise that they are not cut out 

for a managers job and revert back to coaching. 

On Levein i’d ask the question is he ambitious to become the best manager in the league because 

if he isn’t he should not be managing Hearts. And if Levein thinks that one of his staff should 

become the next Hearts manager after him he is wrong, very wrong and he’d be gambling with 

the future of our team all because of this theory of having a Bootroom.

Indeed, I think Liam Fox did that at Cowdenbeath and failed miserably.

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If hibs finish above us then he has to go.

Hibs last three games before the split are Livi(A), Killie(H) and us(A).

Let’s wait and see if they finish in the top six before we start pissing our pants about that !

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Stubbs has never been a top manager and wouldn’t be good enough for us. Lennon is top manager but would be very divisive here. The Hibs/Celtic love-in played a big part in him getting the job. Wouldn’t surprise me if there was a release clause in his Hibs contract. 

Who do you think we should target as Leveins replacement. No waffle, no evasion, needs to be affordable. Whom? 

I didnt say they should be our manager, just that Dempster/James seems to be able to pick a better standard of manager than Petrie and we have (winners) .We need to be looking at a foreign DoF and a manager/head coach he knows that have no care for the OF (Csaba/Sergio types) . I’m not that clued up on European leagues  as Hearts are the only team I support so I don’t have names, not that it would matter. 

As for Stubbs he’s not a good manager but like many others he won a trophy in this country which Levein hasn’t.

Can you answer why it’s ok to take risks on players but not managers please?

Edited by Pasquale for King

49 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

My post is a genuine attempt to figure out why we had such a limited group of applicants for the job before CL took it.

Afraid of what?

As far as I am aware the only names that were mentioned other than the two  by the said poster you refer to either by the media or the club who had

applied for the job were as follows.

Owen Coyle

Steven Pressley

Paul Hartley

Steve McClaren

Fabriziio Ravanelli

Consdering the club said they had been inundated with applications if this is the best of them then it doesn't say a lot about how others view the prospect of working for Hearts or as I said previously is it the Levein factor that is putting them off?

Simplistic to say the least.

Some applicants would be seen as "overqualified" in that they could be using the club as a stepping stone and we could be looking for another manager a few months down the line.  Others may have personal issues not conducive to the objectives of the club while a few (foreigners?) may have had resettlement costs which we chose not to afford.  I'm sure there is a multitude of other reasons.

10 minutes ago, Boab said:

Let’s wait and see if they finish in the top six before we start pissing our pants about that !

Motherwell are 5 points behind them and have St Johnstone, Aberdeen away, and Rangers. Pant-pissing aside, I think it's a pretty safe assumption they'll be top 6.

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

To be fair when was the last time a Cowdenbeath manager didn’t fail. Positive way of looking at Fox’s time there was he picked up first hand experience of people management. 

13 minutes ago, Boab said:

Unfortunately boab they'll probably be above us by next Friday night. 

Unacceptable. 

44 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d ask you in the current Scottish Premiership who isn’t a better manager than Levein.

6 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Motherwell are 5 points behind them and have St Johnstone, Aberdeen away, and Rangers. Pant-pissing aside, I think it's a pretty safe assumption they'll be top 6.

Suppose so.

Not had a good Hibsed it for a while though. I’m always confident they will find a way to mess it up. Here’s hoping.

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Unfortunately boab they'll probably be above us by next Friday night. 

Unacceptable. 

On the box as well !

Need to get some cans in, lots of them !

?

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

On the box as well !

Need to get some cans in, lots of them !

?

Mon the lions!

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Mon the lions!

I’m staying away from this place, that’s for sure. It’ll be an abattoir if  Hibs win !

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

While working on the new Queensferry Crossing there was (believe it or not) a couple of lifelong 

Cowdenbeath fans. And guess who they said was the worst manager they’d witnessed in many 

years of watching their team ?  That’s right our Mr Fox.

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didnt say they should be our manager, just that Dempster/James seems to be able to pick a better standard of manager than Petrie and we have (winners) .We need to be looking at a foreign DoF and a manager/head coach he knows that have no care for the OF (Csaba/Sergio types) . I’m not that clued up on European leagues  as Hearts are the only team I support so I don’t have names, not that it would matter. 

As for Stubbs he’s not a good manager but like many others he won a trophy in this country which Levein hasn’t.

Can you answer why it’s ok to take risks on players but not managers please?

You didn’t read my post. I asked for no waffle, no evasion, affordability. You ignored all three. 

Too many on here just want the manager sacked without thinking about implications and could we actually get someone in that was guaranteed to do better. 

Since Budge came in she has taken risks with managers. Every time. Sacked a fan favourite in Locke. Appointed Robbie from out of the blue - risk  Hired Cathro, a man with no management experience - risk. Asked Levein to double up on his responsibilities, knowing that some fans would be on his case from day 1 although I think it was 80%+ support for his appointment on here - risk. 

Sometimes folk just post without thinking. 

To answer your question; if a manager takes a risk on a player and it doesn’t work it costs the club money but not significant amounts. If a club takes a risk with a manager and supports him in the transfer market and it doesn’t work it’s at least very expensive if not fatally expensive to the club. Example close to home, our financial troubles really started when we took the risk of taking the SMG  money and allowing JJ to spend it all on players. Hiring a manager is always high risk, that’s why owners like to to do all they can to minimise that risk. I believe these comments must ring a bell with you because you continually whine about the number of poor, expensive signings Levein  has made. 

As I said, who out there, that we can get and afford, is guaranteed to do better?  If you come up with more than one or two names I’d happily agree with you. 

In most cases better the devil you know. In our case the devil we know was top of the league for three months this season, is top 6, in two semis and maybe a final. Yes, last three months or so have been disappointing, we could/ should be doing much better, current form is lousy, but form in football can change overnight. Just look at Aberdeen this season, they were looking like a bottom six team for first three months of season now, according to you, they are doing great, winning in Glasgow regularly etc. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

To be fair when was the last time a Cowdenbeath manager didn’t fail. Positive way of looking at Fox’s time there was he picked up first hand experience of people management. 

Fair point, he did have the biggest budget in the league though.

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I’d ask you in the current Scottish Premiership who isn’t a better manager than Levein.

All except MCInnes, Lennon and that’s about it. 

Robbo-Jambo

Thing about Levein he comes out in the media and says Vanacek couldn't hold the ball up on Saturday well enough and brought Uche to see if he could do that job any better.

There is other ways to play football when attacking rather than a big man holding it up. No wonder teams know how to play us. Levein makes it public knowledge by fecking telling everyone how we are going to approach every game.

It really is time for him to go. End of story.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

While working on the new Queensferry Crossing there was (believe it or not) a couple of lifelong 

Cowdenbeath fans. And guess who they said was the worst manager they’d witnessed in many 

There are a few that come into my work, I got to know them when we were in the a championship. Bought them a pint after we took ten off them. They say the same about Fox, Locke was far better apparently. 

24 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Think it’s St.Johnstone who are their biggest threat. 

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well given the experts have spoken we should listen. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There are a few that come into my work, I got to know them when we were in the a championship. Bought them a pint after we took ten off them. They say the same about Fox, Locke was far better apparently. 

Very similar results though. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You didn’t read my post. I asked for no waffle, no evasion, affordability. You ignored all three. 

Too many on here just want the manager sacked without thinking about implications and could we actually get someone in that was guaranteed to do better. 

Since Budge came in she has taken risks with managers. Every time. Sacked a fan favourite in Locke. Appointed Robbie from out of the blue - risk  Hired Cathro, a man with no management experience - risk. Asked Levein to double up on his responsibilities, knowing that some fans would be on his case from day 1 although I think it was 80%+ support for his appointment on here - risk. 

Sometimes folk just post without thinking. 

To answer your question; if a manager takes a risk on a player and it doesn’t work it costs the club money but not significant amounts. If a club takes a risk with a manager and supports him in the transfer market and it doesn’t work it’s at least very expensive if not fatally expensive to the club. Example close to home, our financial troubles really started when we took the risk of taking the SMG  money and allowing JJ to spend it all on players. Hiring a manager is always high risk, that’s why owners like to to do all they can to minimise that risk. I believe these comments must ring a bell with you because you continually whine about the number of poor, expensive signings Levein  has made. 

As I said, who out there, that we can get and afford, is guaranteed to do better?  If you come up with more than one or two names I’d happily agree with you. 

In most cases better the devil you know. In our case the devil we know was top of the league for three months this season, is top 6, in two semis and maybe a final. Yes, last three months or so have been disappointing, we could/ should be doing much better, current form is lousy, but form in football can change overnight. Just look at Aberdeen this season, they were looking like a bottom six team for first three months of season now, according to you, they are doing great, winning in Glasgow regularly etc. 

Yes but you asked originally why we should take a risk in appointing another manager, then you have answered your own question well done. As I said I have no names, just as I don’t have any answer to our left back problems, as I’m not up to date with managers from other leagues. Had you heard of Sergio? That’s the job of the owner and her board, does she have any more idea than we do as she herself said she knows nothing about football? Even if I did and you agreed what difference would that make?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Very similar results though. 

A bit like Levein after Cathro ??

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic