Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Thing about Levein he comes out in the media and says Vanacek couldn't hold the ball up on Saturday well enough and brought Uche to see if he could do that job any better.

There is other ways to play football when attacking rather than a big man holding it up. No wonder teams know how to play us. Levein makes it public knowledge by fecking telling everyone how we are going to approach every game.

It really is time for him to go. End of story.

Pretty much, we started the season well with a team of players not many knew much about. As soon as teams play us once they adapt to us and find ways to beat us. Only St Johnstone and Hibs haven’t done so, hopefully that will continue.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think it’s St.Johnstone who are their biggest threat. 

You reality are an Uber optimist, you start a thread telling us St Johnstone are also on a bad run and now you think they will make up a 7 point gap in four games with a poorer GD. It’s unlikely, as much as us getting 3rd in reality.

Anyway I think the vast majority would agree that:

A new manager should be employed.

A new manager should be allowed to pick his own assistants.

A new manager must have a Director of Football working for him.

One of the most important decisions Ann Budge and her board must stipulate 

is that Craig Levein has no input regarding selecting candidates or interviews.

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I'm with you until the need for a DoF. While having one might be nice, it's by no means a prerequisite to a successful team. I'd agree the other two, in this situation, most definitely are.  

Edited by Toggie88

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Or our record against top 6, or our record first three months of season. Timing is everything. If we win next three or four games all this discussion is meaningless. If we lose them all action will be taken, I don’t doubt it. 

We did have a great start to the season for which CL must take great credit  but I do think that we were rather fortunate in the way that the fixtures fell for us (not usual for us) but I am not trying to take anything away from our early season performances nor am I forgetting our bad luck with the amount and timing of the many injuries the team have suffered.

The making of a good coach for me is one who has assembled a squad good enough to cope with injuries and suspensions and is able to relay a confidence to the players and give them belief in their own ability.

Putting out a team with the formation and mindset of do not lose as the priority rather than trying to win must rub off on the mentality of the players.

I think that our players have reached that point now where they are devoid of any enthusiasm to try and win games and they don't seem to have the heart or belief that theyhad earlier in the season.

That is where a good coach would be earning his crust by restoring that belief back into them even if they are still a couple of players short of the best starting eleven and unfortuantely for me I just don't see how CL is going to turn things around.

He admitted after the Hamitlon game that yet again we did not get off to a good start, why is that? and at the end of his interview he said he did not know why the team did not compete. Now that is worrying don't you think?

You are right of course in that if we win the next few games then most will go back to thinking all is rosy again and hopefully it is  but I'm still not convinced.

4 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

I'm with you until the need for a DoF. While having one might be nice, it's by no means a prerequisite to a successful team. I'd agree the other two, in this situation, most definitely are.  

I just think that a football minded administrator who worked for the manager would be 

a great help for him. I’d like the manager to deal with all the team matters while the other 

side admin, contracts, agents ect can take up lots of time.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Hear hear 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We did have a great start to the season for which CL must take great credit  but I do think that we were rather fortunate in the way that the fixtures fell for us (not usual for us) but I am not trying to take anything away from our early season performances nor am I forgetting our bad luck with the amount and timing of the many injuries the team have suffered.

The making of a good coach for me is one who has assembled a squad good enough to cope with injuries and suspensions and is able to relay a confidence to the players and give them belief in their own ability.

Putting out a team with the formation and mindset of do not lose as the priority rather than trying to win must rub off on the mentality of the players.

I think that our players have reached that point now where they are devoid of any enthusiasm to try and win games and they don't seem to have the heart or belief that theyhad earlier in the season.

That is where a good coach would be earning his crust by restoring that belief back into them even if they are still a couple of players short of the best starting eleven and unfortuantely for me I just don't see how CL is going to turn things around.

He admitted after the Hamitlon game that yet again we did not get off to a good start, why is that? and at the end of his interview he said he did not know why the team did not compete. Now that is worrying don't you think?

You are right of course in that if we win the next few games then most will go back to thinking all is rosy again and hopefully it is  but I'm still not convinced.

Great post ??

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes but you asked originally why we should take a risk in appointing another manager, then you have answered your own question well done. As I said I have no names, just as I don’t have any answer to our left back problems, as I’m not up to date with managers from other leagues. Had you heard of Sergio? That’s the job of the owner and her board, does she have any more idea than we do as she herself said she knows nothing about football? Even if I did and you agreed what difference would that make?

Think I have been consistent all along saying changing managers, particularly based on short term results, is risky.

I do think  Budge took risks, most worked some didn’t. I think most of us have been surprised, but largely supportive, of her management hires except Robbie. Fair to say that if Robbie hadn’t worked out we would be in a much worse place than we are today. 

Yes I had heard of Sergio and his two sidekicks. If you trawl back to the relevant thread in 2011 you will find my comments that he was a completely unknown and success-free manager other than a very short spell with Victoria Guimaraes. Failed badly at Sporting. Another if these managers that have their brief day in the sun and then fail to perform the rest of their career. Other than a day in May and the odd result he failed with us as well using the current performance parameters you seem to be using for Levein. Coyle, Stubbs fall into the same category. Hartley to a lesser extent. 

If Levein does move back upstairs I could see Budge going back into the past and bringing Robbie back. He was a success, has learned some tough lessons in last couple of years and would be desperate to prove himself again. 

Interesting Neil McCann never gets a mention. Decent job in very difficult circumstances at Dundee. 

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A bit like Levein after Cathro ??

Don’t remember being top of the league under Cathro. I missed the semi-finals as well. Really???

28 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

DoF’s don’t work for the manager at any club that has one that I know of. Do you know any? 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think I have been consistent all along saying changing managers, particularly based on short term results, is risky.

I do think  Budge took risks, most worked some didn’t. I think most of us have been surprised, but largely supportive, of her management hires except Robbie. Fair to say that if Robbie hadn’t worked out we would be in a much worse place than we are today. 

Yes I had heard of Sergio and his two sidekicks. If you trawl back to the relevant thread in 2011 you will find my comments that he was a completely unknown and success-free manager other than a very short spell with Victoria Guimaraes. Failed badly at Sporting. Another if these managers that have their brief day in the sun and then fail to perform the rest of their career. Other than a day in May and the odd result he failed with us as well using the current performance parameters you seem to be using for Levein. Coyle, Stubbs fall into the same category. Hartley to a lesser extent. 

If Levein does move back upstairs I could see Budge going back into the past and bringing Robbie back. He was a success, has learned some tough lessons in last couple of years and would be desperate to prove himself again. 

Interesting Neil McCann never gets a mention. Decent job in very difficult circumstances at Dundee. 

Think you'll find the majority of Dee fans wanted him out long before he went, didn't know how to change things when it was obvious things were going against his team in a match, wasn't prepared to change his style, fell out with top players and insisted on doing things his way irrespective of results, blamed referee decisions constantly who does this remind you of? So I think you may find decent job wasn't good enough on Tayside don't think it's good enough in Gorgie.

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not good reading for some. Confirms progress re results and cup competitions. 

One sentence though sums sums up nearly all the Levein related threads on here - ‘such an outcome would surely only prompt further criticism from those whose dislike of Craig Levein trumps all other aspects of following Hearts’ 

Not often the evening news takes a controversial stance but there you have it. 

2 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Think you'll find the majority of Dee fans wanted him out long before he went, didn't know how to change things when it was obvious things were going against his team in a match, wasn't prepared to change his style, fell out with top players and insisted on doing things his way irrespective of results, blamed referee decisions constantly who does this remind you of? So I think you may find decent job wasn't good enough on Tayside don't think it's good enough in Gorgie.

Most managers, certainly Levein, Wright, Lennon, McInnes to name a few.  

4 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

I wasn’t suggesting we give him the job, just wondering why his name never comes up but the names Hartley, Presley, Robbo, etc always do. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

One sentence though sums sums up nearly all the Levein related threads on here - ‘such an outcome would surely only prompt further criticism from those whose dislike of Craig Levein trumps all other aspects of following Hearts’ 

Indeed, small incremental gains on the league side but decent strides forward in both Cup competitions. Everything still to play for.

It's Edinburgh Live, perhaps a more progressive cluster of journalists.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Better to have one day in the sun than none is suppose.

I was glad Robbie took over from Locke to be honest. You obviously know the Eiropean leagues better than I do,is there not literally hundreds of managers out there that could do the job for us.

Sergio had a good couple of results? Beating Hibs 4 times easily, one a 5-1 cup final win in the biggest game in our history, beat Celtic at home and at Hampden and beat Rangers at Ibrox. Levein would kill for some of those results. My comparison is that some use Sergios statistics as a stick to beat him with, yet defend Levein who has even worse statistics. It doesn’t have to be an ex player that takes the reigns.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The sentence you have highlighted is surely conjecture is it not?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

What do they or Cowdenbeath fans know, or the Aberdeen fan he told that he was wrong too. Soon to be 110 (is that games against the OF in Glasgow that CL hasn’t won) sees and knows all.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hibs seem to be doing ok, last two managers won trophies and the new guy is on course to overtake us in near future having been 11 points behind in January. As you and your Levein fan boys seem happy to take risks when signing players but not managers, why?

We took a f....ng huge risk with Fidel.....!

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Section Q said:

We took a f....ng huge risk with Fidel.....!

Yes we did and it was a disaster, so we can’t get rid of the man who gambled with our head coaches and recruitment because it’s too risky? It’s ok for him to do it but the club shouldn’t get rid of him because it’s to risky? 

The actual Fidel wouldve been better, much better defensively and fending off attacks whilst under an embargo.

18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The sentence you have highlighted is surely conjecture is it not?

Yes it’s conjecture. Not my comment though. I just thought it interesting that the media have picked up on the dynamics of the anti-levein threads/posts on here.  

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What do they or Cowdenbeath fans know, or the Aberdeen fan he told that he was wrong too. Soon to be 110 (is that games against the OF in Glasgow that CL hasn’t won) sees and knows all.

Rich coming from you. Not rising to it. Getting personal usually suggest losing the debate. Seem to remember you were wrong re Aberdeen earlier in thread. We all know Cowdenbeath, Dundee , whoever fans, they all have differing opinions as on here. All entitled to opinions. Not sure a couple of bridge builders word has to be taken as gospel though. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rich coming from you. Not rising to it. Getting personal usually suggest losing the debate. Seem to remember you were wrong re Aberdeen earlier in thread. We all know Cowdenbeath, Dundee , whoever fans, they all have differing opinions as on here. All entitled to opinions. Not sure a couple of bridge builders word has to be taken as gospel though. 

I also gave evidence from 4 Cowdenbeath fans, that’s 6 folk which is 2% of their support.

Your memory fails you again, I said Aberdeen had regressed from 2nd place the last few seasons, their fan said they hadn’t progressed and you said they had ??. Glad you didn’t bite though. I have been proven wrong (not by you) and apologised, like most Levein fan boys you’re always right though according to you.

Edited by Pasquale for King

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes it’s conjecture. Not my comment though. I just thought it interesting that the media have picked up on the dynamics of the anti-levein threads/posts on here.  

They get all their news from here.

Monkeys with typewriters !

Given an infinite amount of time though, and they’d be able to type the complete works of Shakespeare !

?

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Boab said:

They get all their news from here.

Monkeys with typewriters !

Given an infinite amount of time though, and they’d be able to type the complete works of Shakespeare !

?

I think every detail in the article has been covered on this thread alone.

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I also gave evidence from 4 Cowdenbeath fans, that’s 6 folk which is 2% of their support.

Your memory fails you again, I said Aberdeen had regressed from 2nd place the last few seasons, their fan said they hadn’t progressed and you said they had ??. Glad you didn’t bite though. I have been proven wrong (not by you) and apologised, like most Levein fan boys you’re always right though according to you.

Another cheap shot Spencer. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Another cheap shot Spencer. 

I think if you ever did your homework I’ve been here a long time and have never changed my name. Try it for once, you might learn something. You slate me for a supposed cheap shot then take one yourself ??‍♂️???

Edited by Pasquale for King

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Your second last paragraph is indeed the most worrying aspect of it all.

Only explanation to me is that he has lost the dressing room.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Oh so it's ok for you to use it because someone else wrote it nothing to do with suiting your argument then:lol:

Lazy journalism seems to be acceptable nowadays. Don't bother doing the legwork your self just lift the bits that suit your little article.

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Your second last paragraph is indeed the most worrying aspect of it all.

Only explanation to me is that he has lost the dressing room.

Yes I know it is rather worrying. The next few games should make it a bit clearer. Mind you if the players can't get motivated for Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs with two of these games at home then there is something wrong with them.

We will really be taking a step backwards if Daly or any of the other backroom staff get the gig next season.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

DoF’s don’t work for the manager at any club that has one that I know of. Do you know any? 

I don’t really care because I think the most important employee of any club is the manager and 

the whole club should be about giving as much help and support to get a winning team on the 

pitch. 

————————————Owners———————————

I

Manager

Asst. Manager.............................DOF

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

I don’t really care because I think the most important employee of any club is the manager and 

the whole club should be about giving as much help and support to get a winning team on the 

pitch. 

————————————Owners———————————

I

Manager

Asst. Manager.............................DOF

DoF acting below the manager...? So is the manager on the board? In which case they would be the director of football.

Robbo-Jambo
48 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Yes I know it is rather worrying. The next few games should make it a bit clearer. Mind you if the players can't get motivated for Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs with two of these games at home then there is something wrong with them.

Always think the phrase the manager has lost the dressing room is a bit of a cop out for the players. Whether they don't like him or whatever, they still get paid their wages and have fans in big numbers turning up, travelling and spending their money. The players should be playing for their pride, the jersey and the fans no matter what they think of the manager. 

rick witter
6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Levein could lead us to victory over Aberdeen, Hibs and ICT over a two week period. That would put us very much ‘on track’. We have already beaten all three of those teams, ICT convincingly. The recent struggles have been in games against smaller teams. We seem much better equipped to play against Aberdeen or Hibs currently than we are to play Hamilton or Livingston. The hysterical reaction on here is bizarre considering our season is very much alive.

Do you Honestly believe we will win the next 3 games?? 

He could do it as you say but i think the most likely scenario is 1 win 1 draw and 1 defeat. I’m praying the win is the cup game. 

Gibson_HMFC

I don't think we'll have a problem getting up for the Hibs game or the Cup game, 

It's the rest of the games across the season that's the problem. 

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

While working on the new Queensferry Crossing there was (believe it or not) a couple of lifelong 

Cowdenbeath fans. And guess who they said was the worst manager they’d witnessed in many 

years of watching their team ?  That’s right our Mr Fox.

Were you happy with the manager or did you complain about him too?

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He could do it as you say but i think the most likely scenario is 1 win 1 draw and 1 defeat. I’m praying the win is the cup game. 

I think it is possible we can win all three as we have beaten all three teams already. Whether we will or not is a different matter. Beat Aberdeen and we build momentum. Beat Hibs and Aberdeen and the ICT game should take care of itself. Lose to Aberdeen and we could be in trouble. I’ll say beat Aberdeen, draw with Hibs and scud ICT.

15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think it is possible we can win all three as we have beaten all three teams already. Whether we will or not is a different matter. Beat Aberdeen and we build momentum. Beat Hibs and Aberdeen and the ICT game should take care of itself. Lose to Aberdeen and we could be in trouble. I’ll say beat Aberdeen, draw with Hibs and scud ICT.

I reckon that how this story will unfold is that we'll be in trouble. Mind you, nothing surprises me with Hearts, so the players might just decide to turn up and play at all three. Wouldn't it be great if they always had that attitude.

5 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Its not about me disagreeing or otherwise; I'm stating facts of what the 5 year plan entailed.  You've just listed things you're pissed off about.  You said you knew we had failed but you couldn't be more wrong.

I know I'm right and i know you're wrong 

End of story 

45 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We don’t play a cup game in our next three fixtures. 

49 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Nah, more likely 2 defeats and 1 draw being realistic.

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Oh dear, touched a nerve there Frankie boy.

:rofl:

I am quite chilled while the likes of you lose their shit.

If his time is up, he would have gone then?  No?

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I am quite chilled while the likes of you lose their shit.

If his time is up, he would have gone then?  No?

Oh he's going alright, won't be long now Frankie boy. The slippery slope is gaining momentum. 

:greggy:

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Oh he's going alright, won't be long now Frankie boy. The slippery slope is gaining momentum. 

You keep taking the tablets and you might even convince yourself.

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Wanting us to fail. 

Deary me.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic