Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Do they just convert the cup wins into bonus 3 points and carry last seasons wins over?

They got 3 points for the win at Parkhead I believe. It does prove that they can win the big games though.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Out of curiosity...how many cups have Aberdeen won since we won the Scottish cup last?

Just the 1 i think. 5 or 6 finals in that time though.

JamboGraham
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They got 3 points for the win at Parkhead I believe. It does prove that they can win the big games though.

Yes, it was a good achievement from them last season.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Was Sergio without his 4 best players for extended periods all at the same time, including a key semi final?

You didn’t ask that, from the start of the season he lost Stevo/Hamill/Sutton/Templeton/Kello and Mrowiec who were all starters and still beat Celtic at Hampden. As I said he did have a bigger squad with more quality than the current team. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Out of curiosity...how many cups have Aberdeen won since we won the Scottish cup last?

They’ve only won one trophy since 1990.

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Finish ahead of Aberdeen? Aberdeen that have won at Hampden, Ibrox and Parkhead within the last year. Aberdeen that repeated the trick at Ibrox tonight?????

Aberdeen who we beat at home and Hamilton beat at home. 

Their 4 points ahead you don't get bonus points for winning in Glasgow. 

We're 4 points behind them, our next three league fixtures are ones we're we also  do historically well in. 

Why do you even bother with Hearts?

Everything you say is negative and knocks the club down. 

You say CL is negative, but you make him look like a dog with two dicks. 

43 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Finish ahead of Aberdeen? Aberdeen that have won at Hampden, Ibrox and Parkhead within the last year. Aberdeen that repeated the trick at Ibrox tonight?????

Enzo man go have a midweek beer in diggers and enjoy the fact Hearts are in their second semi this season......

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

A big game that meant nothing to celtic and stopped rangers finishing second. 

Do yourself a favour, Ffs. 

They've done well with Rangers this year, but they find themselves behind them. 

A league is based on all results and we have a chance if catching them and will be closer to them than we have been in over 5 years. 

Ffs, we win a cup game, let's hit CL with the league position now. 

Tragic patter from Hearts fans. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You didn’t ask that, from the start of the season he lost Stevo/Hamill/Sutton/Templeton/Kello and Mrowiec who were all starters and still beat Celtic at Hampden. As I said he did have a bigger squad with more quality than the current team. 

You are pushing it wi Sutton and Mroweic they were absolutely honking in Hearts tops. Kello was replaceable aswell 

Edited by sadj

13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just the 1 i think. 5 or 6 finals in that time though.

Aye and weve had 5 in that time won 3 lost 2

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

A win at Parkhead on the last day of the season in a game Celtic couldn’t give a toss about. Fair play they got 3points but perspective. The draw on Saturday for them there is more impressive 

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, sadj said:

Why not a blowjob from Holly n massage from the wife? 

Because having them in that order would result in the massage becoming a bloodbath ???

46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:seething:

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, sadj said:

You are pushing it wi Sutton and Mroweic they were absolutely honking in Hearts tops. Kello was replaceable aswell 

Yeah I know ?, Kello was the best goalie we had at the time though. I just think it’s a bit ironic that the people who defend CL say Sergio was crap because the football was poor and we finished 5th, and CL should stay if we get to the final. 

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Because having them in that order would result in the massage becoming a bloodbath ???

Be worth it though ?

i mean id imagine it would 

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Aye and weve had 5 in that time won 3 lost 2

I'm referring to 5 or 6 finals since our last one in 2013. They won the League Cup and have been to 5 or 6 finals in the last 5 years.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm referring to 5 or 6 finals since our last one in 2013. They won the League Cup and have been to 5 or 6 finals in the last 5 years.

Then stop paying so much attention to Aberdeen ?

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Its funny, last season you were using the vermin to try and put Hearts down, now its Aberdeen.

Is there anyone in the SPL you hate more than Hearts?

Still think it is time for a change in the summer. Would be fantastic Levein winning the Scottish Cup before he bows out.

siegementality
49 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Well, this thread has aged well ?

You can guarantee that it’ll come to be eventually.

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

"I don't see this as a job I see it as a labour of love"

???

13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

When comparing Hearts to Aberdeen over the last 5 years you should probably mention that over that period Aberdeen have spent more than they ever have (way more than us), have had stability, and have had all their success up to now in leagues without all or some of their main competitors.

With all that in mind one league cup is a pretty poor return.

Johnny Sandiego
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aberdeen who have been perennial losers since the 80s??? The same shithousery Aberdeen who continualy claim to be a force yet win nowt? 

Sad that a Hearts fan would back that lot just to suit an anti Levein agenda. Ram yourself pal

i wish jj was my dad
46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And we had the slight handicap of coming out of administration less than five years ago. 

gowestjambo

We won tonight, thats all that matters. But our tactics for the first 20 minutes were atrocious. Playing far too deep and inviting Thistle to attack. When half the crowd start to Boo at our dismal attempts to compete there is something far wrong. A team bottom of a lower league should never be able to turn up at Tynecastle and put us under so  much pressure.

In the final 5 minutes we could have easily conceded, and gone into extra time where anything could have happened. We really should be able to see games out against this type of opposition.

Craig Levein has not aquitted himself well against Partick Thistle in our 2 games against them.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

We won tonight, thats all that matters. But our tactics for the first 20 minutes were atrocious. Playing far too deep and inviting Thistle to attack. When half the crowd start to Boo at our dismal attempts to compete there is something far wrong. A team bottom of a lower league should never be able to turn up at Tynecastle and put us under so  much pressure.

In the final 5 minutes we could have easily conceded, and gone into extra time where anything could have happened. We really should be able to see games out against this type of opposition.

Craig Levein has not aquitted himself well against Partick Thistle in our 2 games against them.

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

:leveinnaturalorder:

The same puerility continuing on this thread. In light of the genuinely tragic event tonight maybe not a bad idea to give it a rest until later in the week. 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its funny, last season you were using the vermin to try and put Hearts down, now its Aberdeen.

Is there anyone in the SPL you hate more than Hearts?

Good question. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The same puerility continuing on this thread. In light of the genuinely tragic event tonight maybe not a bad idea to give it a rest until later in the week. 

Sorry, what?

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Sorry, what?

One of our fans passed away at the game Geoff. Maybe not a bad idea to reflect on that rather than keep having a go at each other tonight? 

William H. Bonney

My opinion hasn't changed. He still has to go at the end of the season. Cup win or not. 

2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

My opinion hasn't changed. He still has to go at the end of the season. Cup win or not. 

Unless your name is Ann Budge or Craig Levein, your opinion is worth **** all.

William H. Bonney
Just now, frankblack said:

Unless your name is Ann Budge or Craig Levein, your opinion is worth **** all.

Charming. 

4 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

? That's certainly a novel approach. Can't see it catching on though, especially as a way to attract good managers to apply for the Hearts job.

Just now, Dino Velvet said:

Charming. 

You're the one who thinks sacking a manager regardless of how much success they achieve is smart!

Who do you think would want to take the job in those circumstances with ****wits firing a previously successful manager?

Just now, frankblack said:

You're the one who thinks sacking a manager regardless of how much success they achieve is smart!

Who do you think would want to take the job in those circumstances with ****wits firing a previously successful manager?

Two things spring to mind to me Leveins win percentage from where we were 18months ago is pretty decent and some lazy fans label it hoofball yet the stats show we play less long balls than 8 other teams in the league

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Sorry, what?

He'll be referring to the gentleman from section B who passed away during tonight's game 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Jodami said:

One of our fans passed away at the game Geoff. Maybe not a bad idea to reflect on that rather than keep having a go at each other tonight? 

Fair enough and that's sad but is the board closing as a mark of respect? The issue can still be debated, IMO.

jamtartan74
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Fair enough and that's sad but is the board closing as a mark of respect? The issue can still be debated, IMO.

That’s harsh Geoff ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
56 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

That’s harsh Geoff ?

Maybe so but people have a tendency to use events that are unrelated to try and remove things that are making them uncomfortable.

Finlay James
7 hours ago, siegementality said:

You can guarantee that it’ll come to be eventually.

Well, a broken clock is correct twice a day.  It will be a while before Levein is gone from Hearts.

Finlay James
6 hours ago, sadj said:

Two things spring to mind to me Leveins win percentage from where we were 18months ago is pretty decent and some lazy fans label it hoofball yet the stats show we play less long balls than 8 other teams in the league

Its almost as though the Anti Levein brigade use myth and made up facts to try to prove a baseless point.

I hope he reads JKB, he must piss himself laughing at how clueless some on here are

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, sadj said:

Those stats had nothing to do with hoofball. They recorded completed passes over 35-yards. 

It may be good that we are in a par with the likes of rangers and Celtic but they do not prove anything about hoofball (or silly samba football) - certainly in isolation. 

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Maybe so but people have a tendency to use events that are unrelated to try and remove things that are making them uncomfortable.

That's pretty much about as low as a human being can sink Geoff. Having witnessed a close family member die in identical circumstances over the festive period I was trying to lend some perspective and get people to draw a breath in the immediate aftermath of what is a life changing tragedy for members of our support. To suggest anything otherwise is quite honestly despicable. 

22 minutes ago, Jodami said:

That's pretty much about as low as a human being can sink Geoff. Having witnessed a close family member die in identical circumstances over the festive period I was trying to lend some perspective and get people to draw a breath in the immediate aftermath of what is a life changing tragedy for members of our support. To suggest anything otherwise is quite honestly despicable. 

While you have my sympathy I fail to see your argument here.

What happened was terrible for the friends and family of the deceased but the harsh reality is others have their own issues and priorities that affect them.

Edited by frankblack

Geoff Kilpatrick
41 minutes ago, Jodami said:

You don't have a monopoly on people dying suddenly. All I was pointing out is that it is irrelevant to the subject matter in hand. Why you feel the need to bring it onto this thread is a matter for you but it has nothing to do with Craig Levein's future. As I say, if you aren't using it to shut down debate then I apologise. However, it is still moot to this topic.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic