Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

But would spank the current side.

Absolutely. Would probably give current Celtic team a run for their money too. Just showed how far standard of SPL has dropped when you compare the quality of the top three then and now.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed, but team wasn’t as efficient after Levein left 

Partly because he took those two away and Robbo isn’t that great a manager.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Sergio signed one player of his own over a season.  He also had wages not being paid, players sold amoungst over shit.  Leveins built this team and this squad over the past 4 years.  There’s no excuse now. 

Incidentally though I feel now is the time to come together everyone and re-avaluate everything come the end of the season.  Let’s back everyone at the club until then as we are a couple of gimmaes away from Hampden in May at the very least.

Agreed, never liked gimmes though.

King Joffrey
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Forget all the post bar Thistle’s position below Alloa (2points on that - first being they aren’t and second since the turn of the year id imagine they’ve been one of the form teams in the championship) Should we of beaten them - absolutely. However with perspective on it -  Aberdeen should of beaten Stenhousemuir who are 10th in League 1 at home and failed miserably. Outside of Rangers and Celtic all teams have that risk. It happens. 

Bit busy for a long reply. But quickly. Thistle were below Alloa when we played them. Not a major point, but just saying....

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Here’s the thing though. In my view, people like you who won’t cast a critical eye on the way we are as a team under Levein are hindering the club by allowing them to carry on regardless. We’re very average, which is fine if very average floats your boat. Again, only my opinion, but the club need an injection of fresh blood 

There’s critical and then there’s folk who clearly just want Levein out no matter what he does.

19 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

But would spank the current side.

The sides of 98. 2006, and 2012 paid substantially higher wages than we can afford now.

Its always easier to attract better players if you offer more money.

29 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Sergio signed one player of his own over a season.  He also had wages not being paid, players sold amoungst over shit.  Leveins built this team and this squad over the past 4 years.  There’s no excuse now. 

Incidentally though I feel now is the time to come together everyone and re-avaluate everything come the end of the season.  Let’s back everyone at the club until then as we are a couple of gimmaes away from Hampden in May at the very least.

If Levein had had Sergio’s inherited squad he wouldn’t have needed to sign 200 players or whatever it was for this season.

Outwith the first team Sergio’s squad was thin though. I doubt we’d have won the cup if he’d lost say Rudi, Elliot, Webster and Zali all at the same time for half the season. And I can’t imagine how much worse our league form would have been without four of our best players.

29 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Valdas Ivanauskas has won the SC, the Lithuanian Cup and the Lithuanian League. Does that make him better than both of them put together? 

Yup thrice as good!!! 

Cruyff Turn
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The sides of 98. 2006, and 2012 paid substantially higher wages than we can afford now.

Its always easier to attract better players if you offer more money.

In a nutshell. 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yup thrice as good!!! 

What’s big Valdas upto? We should bring him in. I bet he’s won more than 16 games of his last 86 games since he left Hearts, unlike lord saviour Paulo Sergio. 

18 minutes ago, King Joffrey said:

Bit busy for a long reply. But quickly. Thistle were below Alloa when we played them. Not a major point, but just saying....

Fair enough but they also are more a top 3 or 4 champ team than 10th they would be there or there abouts if Caldwell had been in all year. Should still be besting them as I said

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Sorry, yeah, Livi.

It’s not a case of wanting him to fail. I just think you’re a bit simple if a doddle of a cup run influences your opinion on him.

Livi was the hardest draw for any of the top teams in that round. Far from a doddle.

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Here’s the thing though. In my view, people like you who won’t cast a critical eye on the way we are as a team under Levein are hindering the club by allowing them to carry on regardless. We’re very average, which is fine if very average floats your boat. Again, only my opinion, but the club need an injection of fresh blood 

Many Hearts fans share your opinion.

Just as a wee statistical point, his win rate is higher right now than his previous spell and thats including the car crash he inherited. 

I think the EEN might have highlighted this already, but worth noting. He's certainly not doing as bad as some are making out but that doesn't stop it being unbelievably frustrating. 

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Just as a wee statistical point, his win rate is higher right now than his previous spell and thats including the car crash he inherited. 

I think the EEN might have highlighted this already, but worth noting. He's certainly not doing as bad as some are making out but that doesn't stop it being unbelievably frustrating. 

He was/is the director of football, he chose the last manager.  The car crash he “inherited” was his car crash.  

Anyway we are 20 hours or so away from being at Hampden again in a he biggest miss match since our visit in 2006.  Let’s all forget this Levein oot shit until

we see how we end up. 

Ffs slates are actually falling off my gfs roof in Merchiston just now anyone else listening to outside? 

Edited by Inch Hearts

2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Can't be arsed reading through all of this but sorry to disappoint, Leveins time is not up.

Im sure our wee resident vocal mob will be desperate for us to get beat tomorrow to try to prove their tiresome point.

You really don't get it do you? The vocal mob you refer to are passionate Hearts fans and don't like the style of play that CL has us playing and don't think he is the best person to take the club forward to the next level.

Some just abstain from comment or are not part of JKB but I personally know lots of Hearts fans who think along the same lines as me but they don't opost on here.

Similarly of course there will be many others who are perfectly happy with the work CL is doing or has done to date.

Where you are wrong though is thinking that those fans such as me are desperate for us to lose not just tomorrow but any game you couldn't be further from the truth we want to win and in style playing decent passing football and not being a one man team.

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You really don't get it do you? The vocal mob you refer to are passionate Hearts fans and don't like the style of play that CL has us playing and don't think he is the best person to take the club forward to the next level.

Some just abstain from comment or are not part of JKB but I personally know lots of Hearts fans who think along the same lines as me but they don't opost on here.

Similarly of course there will be many others who are perfectly happy with the work CL is doing or has done to date.

Where you are wrong though is thinking that those fans such as me are desperate for us to lose not just tomorrow but any game you couldn't be further from the truth we want to win and in style playing decent passing football and not being a one man team.

I think almost all of us are actually very close in our opinions of the current situation. Almost all of us are frustrated that performances haven’t been great and there have been some very disappointing results. Almost all of us want us to win tomorrow and go on to win the cup. Almost all think he should be given till the end of the season and evaluated then. 

It’s only the wide extremes on both sides who think he should either be sacked immediately or given as long in the job as he wants.

9 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Clydebank

Albion Rovers

Ayr

Falkirk

Can’t believe we even bothered celebrating in 98 ?

Whist challenging for the title.

14 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Once everyone was on the same number of games (ie Aberdeen played their two games in hand) we were joint 4th so technically we’re exactly where we were when Robbie left

And it’s totally possible to criticise performances and results yet want the manager to get to the end of season without having your head in the sand.

It’s equally possible to criticise performances and results without throwing tantrums, demanding the manager’s head on a pike and calling a club legend abusive names ??

Frank! Show me both tables please. (We're actually 5th, now we've played the same games) Cause I don't remember being 12 points behind Rangers , 4 behind Aberdeen and 3 behind Kilmarnock ( Fecking Kilmarnock) and not forgetting we're 20 points behind Celtic.

Edited by ri Alban

Alex Kintner
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Whist challenging for the title.

Still waiting on you answering this question...

23 hours ago, ri Alban said:

We should be challenging for second, not 4th, 5th or 6th. But keep deflecting Frank (Or  is it Craig).

22 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Why should we be challenging for 2nd place when we’ve got the 4th biggest budget and had ridiculously bad luck with injuries?

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

If it's good enough for Killie. We've bigger supports that Aberdeen and Killie. And Rangers ain't Rangers. But hey, if 5th is good enough for you. Sound!

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Everyone has injuries, everyone else dealt with it better.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Show me another team in the SPL who has had injuries to the same number of key players for the same duration and dealt with it better? This season or last will do.

Take your time.

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

If it's good enough for Killie. We've bigger supports that Aberdeen and Killie. And Rangers ain't Rangers. But hey, if 5th is good enough for you. Sound!

Crowd sizes are irrelevant mate and Rangers/The Rangers are paying wages three or four times what we are paying.

The bottom line is we have the fourth biggest squad budget in the league. Sitting 5th, 3 points off 4th is therefore an underperformance at this point but hardly a sackable one. I fully expect us to finish top four come May anyway.

Everyone wants us to be challenging for 2nd and we were on track for that before the team was ripped apart by injuries.

Edited by To Be Frank

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It’s been discussed to death so no point going there again but no team outwith Celtic could have coped with losing their four most key players for months

11 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Its the same using our injuries as an excuse and the same people using their blind faith that we owe Levein a debt off gratitude because he was a good player for Hearts. Take the blinkers off FFS. The football on show is dire so are the tactics under Levein. The lumping it up top every chance we get is the type of football you'd see 30 years ago . Football has evolved 

Uche and Souttar are back to full fitness and so was Naismith until recently and our injuries have cleared up, yet we are still struggling to beat teams like Dundee, St Mirrens, Partick 

We are Still a struggling to break teams down, weekly, creating chances whilst we persevere with launching it long for 90 mins 

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Crowd sizes are irrelevant mate and Rangers/The Rangers are paying wages three or four times what we are paying.

The bottom line is we have the fourth biggest squad budget in the league. Sitting 5th, 3 points off 4th is therefore an underperformance at this point but hardly a sackable one. I fully expect us to finish top four come May anyway.

Everyone wants us to be challenging for 2nd and we were on track for that before the team was ripped apart by injuries.

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

It’s been discussed to death so no point going there again but no team outwith Celtic could have coped with losing their four most key players for months

Kilmarnock lost key players in January, they're still above us. Did Celtic not have a few out at the start, and Rangers lost a few through injury and their Striker is always out through suspension. Yes we had bad luck, but we should still be competing, and not getting humped by Livingston. And losing to Dundee,  St Mirren, etc... etc...

I want CL to do well because I want Hearts to do well. I'll criticise when it's warranted. 

Now we've had a good draw, we should reach the final and compete to win it. Unless you're telling me we should accept the runner-up medal considering who's in the replay to face Celtic.

11 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

It was his team. He recruited them, his players. Robbo did ok but it was still the same players and in reality they weren’t the same after Levein left. 

Pressley, Webster, Gordon and Hartley all arguably got better after Levein left. And a number of players who got us close to the Scottish Cup final had not been signed or played under Levein, Burchill, Miller, Wallace, Cesnauskis and Mikoliunas. 

15 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Pressley, Webster, Gordon and Hartley all arguably got better after Levein left.

That’s a pretty shady way of twisting things. 

kingantti1874

Some people come out with some amount of shit to support their agenda.. 

at at the start of the season we were good, very good, as the injuries piled up we gradually lost our way (understandably if your in any way reasonable) . Now we’ve starting getting players players back and we are poor, the confidence to play has gone. (Probably becuase we have a hole fans screaming abuse at half of them) levein isn’t gone, he does have to turn it around again. 

15 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Pressley, Webster, Gordon and Hartley all arguably got better after Levein left.

That’s a pretty shady way of twisting things. 

Nobody wants CL to fail. He succeeds, Hearts succeed.  But I'm sick of the , 'There's always next year' pish.

C'mon Hearts!

Closing in on a top 4 finish and European football.

2 games away from a Scottish cup final. 1 at home the other likely to be Hampden and both against lower division teams.

Already been to one semi, unfortunately it came when injuries were hitting hard and celtic were hitting their stride.

It's been a hard season but if we make something of the opportunities still left in front of us we could be looking at a season which has been a success.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Nobody wants CL to fail. He succeeds, Hearts succeed.  But I'm sick of the , 'There's always next year' pish.

C'mon Hearts!

You forgot " we've pure hud loads of injuries"

Hearts 3 Partick 0 

Come on Hearts 

25 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Pressley, Webster, Gordon and Hartley all arguably got better after Levein left. And a number of players who got us close to the Scottish Cup final had not been signed or played under Levein, Burchill, Miller, Wallace, Cesnauskis and Mikoliunas. 

So what you are overlooking is the fact we signed the likes of Skacel, and 20+ players on loads of money to produce a team that moved up a level after the dip when Robbo replaced Levein.

Levein got us into the Europa group stages, knocking out a highly rated Braga side and einning away in Basle - somewhere we haven't been close to since.

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

If Levein had had Sergio’s inherited squad he wouldn’t have needed to sign 200 players or whatever it was for this season.

Outwith the first team Sergio’s squad was thin though. I doubt we’d have won the cup if he’d lost say Rudi, Elliot, Webster and Zali all at the same time for half the season. And I can’t imagine how much worse our league form would have been without four of our best players.

Ok here goes ;- we used 32 players that season, JJ loved a signing.

At points during the season Sergio was without Rudi/Suso/Driver/Temps/Kyle/Hamil/Mroweic/Jonsson/Beattie/Kello/Stevo/Sutton for various reasons. 

Levein inherited a squad in 2017 that he helped assemble, he’s signed 30 players and we still aren’t much better or have a first choice 11 and play a brand of football from a bygone era.

Edited by Pasquale for King

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

There’s critical and then there’s folk who clearly just want Levein out no matter what he does.

Are you implying that IF Hearts had won the LC, were sitting top of the league and go onto win the SC

whilst playing expansive, attractive football that some "folk" would still want CL out? Really!!!!

24 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

You forgot " we've pure hud loads of injuries"

Hearts 3 Partick 0 

Come on Hearts 

Wouldn’t have thought you were a fan of dredging up what people have said previously Kimosavi? ?

Alex Kintner
49 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Kilmarnock lost key players in January, they're still above us. Did Celtic not have a few out at the start, and Rangers lost a few through injury and their Striker is always out through suspension. Yes we had bad luck, but we should still be competing, and not getting humped by Livingston. And losing to Dundee,  St Mirren, etc... etc...

I want CL to do well because I want Hearts to do well. I'll criticise when it's warranted. 

Now we've had a good draw, we should reach the final and compete to win it. Unless you're telling me we should accept the runner-up medal considering who's in the replay to face Celtic.

The injuries we have had and the other teams have had don’t compare at all mate. None of those teams was missing their two first choice centrebacks and centreforwards for months.

There’s no doubt he deserves criticism and the football has been poor over the last four months but sacking him now would be ridiculous given where we are sitting and what we could end the season with.

Nobody (that i can see) is trying to say there doesn’t need to be improvement. I think people are just fed up with the hyperbole and undue abuse the manager gets from some. I mean we had someone at Dens on Saturday who spent the second half of the game (which we were winning) sceaming at the manager ather than getting behind the team. We’ve got others who want us to get beaten by Hibs to get rid of the manager. For some I think it really is personal and their hatred of Levein is greater than their love of the club.

2 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Are you implying that IF Hearts had won the LC, were sitting top of the league and go onto win the SC

whilst playing expansive, attractive football that some "folk" would still want CL out? Really!!!!

Don’t kid yourself, Bob. There are some strange puppies out there !

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

To be honest for me it is not about the position in the league of the fact we have a good chance of reaching a cup final on a diet largely of substandard lower division teams. It is the fact that we are playing totally rank football... football of the sort you would not want to pay to watch. That is what is grinding my gears absolutely turgid football game on game.

I think everyone agrees that the bulk of our income has gone to strengthen the clubs infrastructure and that is surely right after having gone into administration. However the main complaint against CL is the style of play. He himself states that he expects our forwards to scrap for every high ball. That suits his style of play , hoofing the ball up to two big guys who we got on the cheap and unfortunately have very limited skill. Teams lower than us simply play big guys in defence to nullify the hoofball, while teams above us overrun us in midfield.

45 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So what you are overlooking is the fact we signed the likes of Skacel, and 20+ players on loads of money to produce a team that moved up a level after the dip when Robbo replaced Levein.

Levein got us into the Europa group stages, knocking out a highly rated Braga side and einning away in Basle - somewhere we haven't been close to since.

Thought Robbo was in charge in Basle!

20 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

The injuries we have had and the other teams have had don’t compare at all mate. None of those teams was missing their two first choice centrebacks and centreforwards for months.

There’s no doubt he deserves criticism and the football has been poor over the last four months but sacking him now would be ridiculous given where we are sitting and what we could end the season with.

Nobody (that i can see) is trying to say there doesn’t need to be improvement. I think people are just fed up with the hyperbole and undue abuse the manager gets from some. I mean we had someone at Dens on Saturday who spent the second half of the game (which we were winning) sceaming at the manager ather than getting behind the team. We’ve got others who want us to get beaten by Hibs to get rid of the manager. For some I think it really is personal and their hatred of Levein is greater than their love of the club.

Then again there are those who just sit at home and tell other fans how they should be supporting the team!

2 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

Thought Robbo was in charge in Basle!

Nah was CL surely...shat it in the return game did we not.

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Nope, Robbo.

I stand corrected ! Well done Robbo... still shat the return game though.

"The format of the Europa League at the time didn’t have home and away games."

God my brain has gone I thought they decked us two nil at Tynie .

Edited by jock _turd

4 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I stand corrected ! Well done Robbo... still shat the return game though.

"The format of the Europa League at the time didn’t have home and away games."

God my brain has gone I thought they decked us two nil at Tynie .

Bordeaux, mate.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic