Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

5 minutes ago, kila said:

Levein is basically saying the way to play the game in Scotland is to lump it long and play for the scraps. That's why he has two big strikers. He signed Vanecek for his size, not his football ability it seems.

It is no wonder the quality of football is crap when the manager is leading that train of thought into the rest of the team.

No. That’s not what he’s saying or doing. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No. That’s not what he’s saying or doing. 

Plot twist!

Just now, kila said:

Plot twist!

Just reading the statement and drawing the only reasonable conclusion tbh. The alternative is to imagine Levein is trying to coach the skill out of players and telling them they are only going to receive the ball to their heads. Anyone who believes that needs to take a deep breath and count to ten.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But Levein was a club legend Geoff, a PHM apparently , so if you could just show a bit of patience and give him another 10 or 12 seasons until his new players "find their feet", "get up to speed" or whatever other excuse gets trotted out with monotonous regularity.  I'm sure you can put up with some more hoofball and mid table mediocrity until then.?

Or alternatively just wait to see how the rest of the season pans out as we’re currently level on points with 4th place and have a potential cup final to look forward to? ??‍♂️

It’s possible to be pissed off at dropped points and poor performances without wanting the manager frogmarched out of the building immediately.  

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Or alternatively just wait to see how the rest of the season pans out as we’re currently level on points with 4th place and have a potential cup final to look forward to? ??‍♂️

It’s possible to be pissed off at dropped points and poor performances without wanting the manager frogmarched out of the building immediately.  

Love that expression. Wonderfully amusing imagery. ?

gowestjambo
4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Good for you - nobody else cares.  

Everyone else simply accepts mediocrity.

Those two sentences must be the worst ever typed on any Football forum anywhere in the world. (and of course since you posted them you must have the answer why, so please inform the rest of us how you come to your conclusion)

I cannot believe we have Hearts supporters that think like that - even the happiest of Happy Clappers would cringe at that!!

22 minutes ago, kila said:

Levein is basically saying the way to play the game in Scotland is to lump it long and play for the scraps. That's why he has two big strikers. He signed Vanecek for his size, not his football ability it seems.

It is no wonder the quality of football is crap when the manager is leading that train of thought into the rest of the team.

No the way to play in Scotland is win the battle then play your football. Think about everyone on here saying we were soft as shit against Hibs etc in the cup games. We were , as we weren’t looking to win the battle and play footie just play footie that doesn’t work here unfortunately. 

21 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Would you not think that he would have realised that from watching our games? He has been on the bench for lonfg enough now to surely see how the game is played here.

Would the coaching staff not have made him aware of this also? If they didn't then they are as culpable as he is.

Thats a different question. However if you imagine a pretty boy goes to work on the doors in Aberdeen and its all easy for them , you get the odd scrap but nothing serious then they go and work in Birmingham and someone turns up with a machete or a gun... you can tell someone that will happen but until they experience it and adapt they won’t cope. Vanecek looks to me like a skillful player but thought he’d come here and have it easy. Whereas he needs to learn that side and has underestimated that.

Edited by sadj

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Love that expression. Wonderfully amusing imagery. ?

Would be interesting to see how many of the people who want him out would be willing to do the frog marching personally .

There would be no problem selling tickets for that

Anybody still content with these performances and results against lower league crap need their head examined. 

He has no Plan B. We go a goal up and take foot of the pedal leaving the game wide open. 

We haven’t progressed since Cathro despite this now being his team.

We have signed so much shite it’s baffling. 

Something like 15 players have played LB for us since Budge took over. John Murray needs to go also. 

Yet we keep ploughing our hard earned cash into the club and it just gets snatched up without any rewards. 

15 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

3ef815416f775098fe977004015c6193.gif.40c8cfe76e3f0b08cf04947e233c84b5.gif

Spot on.  This thread is heading the same way as the ones the same clowns kept going round in circles with 15 months ago.  Craig didn't go then and isn't just now.

16 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Would be interesting to see how many of the people who want him out would be willing to do the frog marching personally .

There would be no problem selling tickets for that

Indeed. Be a bit like the scene in Snatch where Vinny Jones describes the bollox when he’s got the replica guns pointed at his head, I would imagine. ?

Still though; frog-matched is a funny thought. I know it refers to the way the legs would move with your wrists held up your back, but I prefer to imagine it being like that old cartoon with the singing and dancing frog with the top-hat and cane.

”Hello my baby... “ ??

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

24 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Those two sentences must be the worst ever typed on any Football forum anywhere in the world. (and of course since you posted them you must have the answer why, so please inform the rest of us how you come to your conclusion)

I cannot believe we have Hearts supporters that think like that - even the happiest of Happy Clappers would cringe at that!!

I think they'll cringe more at your trolling posts which are directed at a poster rather than give an opinion on the point at issue.

Have a nice day.

Fort Vallance

Talking about McPhee in the Sunday Mail stating the importance of free kicks he said you don't often get six players in the box from open play. Maybe he meant in total in 90 minutes.

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I was just pointing out that Craig Levein had been sacked on two prevoius occasions in reply to yours relating to Clarke being sacked from WBA.

I have not suggested that Levein be replaced by Clarke or that he is no better than CL but I have said that I don't think CL is the man to take us forward.

Nobody ever knows how a new appointment is going to work in any type of employment and football is probably even more difficult to call.

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. All Football Clubs have their processes in how they choose someone for a job and there will be certain criteria they look for

but on paper he may be the best candidate but the players may not take to him and his methods so it is always a gamble.

Look at HIbs their first choice replacement for Lennon ended up rejecting the offer and they reverted to their second choice and so far he seems to have done a decent job.

''A decent job?''

He's had a handful of games! FFS man.

OmiyaHearts
53 minutes ago, kila said:

Totally agree. Our style of play and performances indicate that's exactly how the manager wants us to play.

Launch long and pick up 2nd balls. Exciting times.

2 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Like I said loser .

Like I said

A realist with a bit of understanding/patience.

We were playing well enough until hit with longish term injuries to several key players, some of whom are still out.  To expect them all to come straight back in and hit the ground running is beyond belief.

You are the loser, mate,  torturing yourself with unreasonable expectations which are seldom going to work in your favour.  

17 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Totally agree. Our style of play and performances indicate that's exactly how the manager wants us to play.

Launch long and pick up 2nd balls. Exciting times.

Thats a totally different thing to whether or not Vanecek has learnt you have to win the battle first and play second. 

Inch Hearts
36 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Spot on.  This thread is heading the same way as the ones the same clowns kept going round in circles with 15 months ago.  Craig didn't go then and isn't just now.

Woohoo. Got to be some good times ahead!! 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Like I said

We were playing well enough until hit with longish term injuries to several key players, some of whom are still out.  To expect them all to come straight back in and hit the ground running is beyond belief.

You are the loser, mate,  torturing yourself with unreasonable expectations which are seldom going to work in your favour.  

LC Semi - Naismith goes off injured after 8 mins. So Levein brings on..... Amankwaa!

Had Cochrane and Morrison on the bench. But Levein brings on the shittest player on the bench. Who as we expected, did nothing the entire game.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Thats a totally different thing to whether or not Vanecek has learnt you have to win the battle first and play second. 

Thank **** it’s not just me by the way... it’s quite staggering the way folk manage to twist things and turn the meaning around.

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Why sign a quite skillfull and technically decent forward from East Europe and try then to get him to change his game completely to suit a system or a way of play that doesn’t suit him?

Weve all seen the highlights before he came of what he can bring to the team, we then take that out his game to play pish football? 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, kila said:

LC Semi - Naismith goes off injured after 8 mins. So Levein brings on..... Amankwaa!

Had Cochrane and Morrison on the bench. But Levein brings on the shittest player on the bench. Who as we expected, did nothing the entire game.

He wil come good in the next 3 years though imo so well worth the gamble ?

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Woohoo. Got to be some good times ahead!! 

Sometimes I feel nobody gives me no warning. ?

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Sometimes I feel nobody gives me no warning. ?

Its lonely! 

Has someone poisoned wee Joffrey by the way? He’s no been back on since. ?

Looked like the ball was barely on the deck on Saturday and it was a case of long punts up to the two big strikers.  Eye bleeding stuff. 

gowestjambo
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I think they'll cringe more at your trolling posts which are directed at a poster rather than give an opinion on the point at issue.

Have a nice day.

Firstly, I quoted one of your posts. If you think there are others, lets see them.

You stated everyone else accepts mediocrity . You demand answers when peddaling your agenda.

So lets see the evidence......

Unless of course you dont have any????

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, UcheGang said:

Anybody still content with these performances and results against lower league crap need their head examined. 

I don’t think anyone is content with the performances or results. There are people who think it is too early to bin the manager though and who have faith he could still deliver a successful season.

We haven’t progressed since Cathro despite this now being his team.

That is just utter nonsense. Cathro dragged us way down, Levein has dragged us back up to where we were before the Cathro debacle.

We have signed so much shite it’s baffling.

Fair play to Levein for getting us to joint 4th and verge of two semi-finals with a team full of shite ??

We were 2nd in the league before the Cathro debacle so no he hasn’t.

I could get Hearts to the semi with the cup run we have had. 

Another one with the head buried in the sand happy to fork out the ever rising ticket prices without question watching the pish on show week in week out. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

Another one with the head buried in the sand happy to fork out the ever rising ticket prices without question watching the pish on show week in week out. 

So Cathro taken us backwards. 

CL has made progress this season v last. 

He's also overseen the overall progress from championship to now. 

That is progress. 

Employing Cathro in the first place was down to Levein. Embarrassing. 

In what way has he made progress? 

With our budget and resources we should not be 5th in the league considering our squad size aswell. 

4 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

The problem with this argument is the use of a previous league position to help your argument then say the football is pish.

The football was pish when we were second. We have’t played scintillating football since the first few games of the 2005-06 season.

So, what’s it to be ?

Good football or league position ?

Both ?

25 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

:rofl:

20 minutes ago, Boab said:

The problem with this argument is the use of a previous league position to help your argument then say the football is pish.

The football was pish when we were second. We have’t played scintillating football since the first few games of the 2005-06 season.

So, what’s it to be ?

Good football or league position ?

Both ?

The football under Neilson was better than the current stuff on display plus we could actually beat the diddy teams. The only thing Levein has over him is his home record v top 6 teams. 

Form in glasgow is still embarrassing. Even Hibs have a better record than us through there.

Geoff the Mince
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Like I said

?

12 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

The football under Neilson was better than the current stuff on display plus we could actually beat the diddy teams. The only thing Levein has over him is his home record v top 6 teams. 

Form in glasgow is still embarrassing. Even Hibs have a better record than us through there.

Yet, we are above them, and have done better than them in both cups. ?

Alex Kintner
47 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

Once everyone was on the same number of games (ie Aberdeen played their two games in hand) we were joint 4th so technically we’re exactly where we were when Robbie left

And it’s totally possible to criticise performances and results yet want the manager to get to the end of season without having your head in the sand.

It’s equally possible to criticise performances and results without throwing tantrums, demanding the manager’s head on a pike and calling a club legend abusive names ??

Edited by To Be Frank

Alex Kintner
41 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

Employing Cathro in the first place was down to Levein. Embarrassing. 

In what way has he made progress? 

With our budget and resources we should not be 5th in the league considering our squad size aswell. 

Yes, we should be 4th.

(which we’re level on points with ?)

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

Firstly, I quoted one of your posts. If you think there are others, lets see them.

You stated everyone else accepts mediocrity . You demand answers when peddaling your agenda.

So lets see the evidence......

Unless of course you dont have any????

On yer bike!

31 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

Open to debate. Don’t want to look at this as a criticism of Robbie, who I always liked, and still do, but the football was no better than now. If it had been, we wouldn’t have been papped out of Europe by that mob from Malta. 

3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

''A decent job?''

He's had a handful of games! FFS man.

You missed out "so far". Anyone can take a words of words out of a statement to make it suit their argument as you have just done.

Read the whole post instead of picking out little bits.

3 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Why sign a quite skillfull and technically decent forward from East Europe and try then to get him to change his game completely to suit a system or a way of play that doesn’t suit him?

Weve all seen the highlights before he came of what he can bring to the team, we then take that out his game to play pish football? 

You are not trying to change him completely but in Scotland you can’t just be a skillful technical player and nothing else you need to be able to win your battles on the pitch aswell. Its more adding that to his game to allow his skillful technical side to shine and not get lost. To say anyone is trying to take it out his game is a crazy starement. Do you think we go oh lets sign him and sabotage his ability. Uche would be lost without the battling qualities he has he is great at that side but lacks heading and finishing those are the parts of his game we are trying to develop.

22 minutes ago, Boab said:

Open to debate. Don’t want to look at this as a criticism of Robbie, who I always liked, and still do, but the football was no better than now. If it had been, we wouldn’t have been papped out of Europe by that mob from Malta. 

Nope the football up until the Hamilton loss was good then after that it was ok unyil December then utterly honking....but don’t let that fact change anyones position that suits their agenda in the debate.....

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You missed out "so far". Anyone can take a words of words out of a statement to make it suit their argument as you have just done.

Read the whole post instead of picking out little bits.

Lol thats jkb in a nutshell isnt it ?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
32 minutes ago, Boab said:

No better maybe but certainly more effective.

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Yes, we should be 4th.

(which we’re level on points with ?)

You don't get given prize money for being 4th if you sit 5th in the league. Hope that clarifies matters.

4 is higher up than 5 in the league. Also another revelation for you to take on board.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic