Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

King Joffrey
3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Has someone poisoned wee Joffrey by the way? He’s no been back on since. ?

Ha ha. Been working. New to KB.

Suppose where I am reading the thread is it's all about 1. entertainment and 2. winning. 

On NEITHER front have I left a game we should have won and thought, wish we were taller and harder.

The best players I've seen for both have been Skacel, Hartley, Cameron, McCann and back to Mackay, Colquhoun, Robbo. Creative but still hard working. And game changers.

We seem to have a first team philosophy that it's all a battle. Then Accies turn up and Templeton ripped us apart. Or Motherwell with Cadden and Hastie wide.

No matter what u think of them, Walker and Nicholson have left with no replacements.

We're not winning games we should. As per last cup game v a team beneath Alloa. I'd rather at least try with width, pace, creativity, 2 forwards. And accept getting beat if kicked off the park. That feels easier to accept than where we are now, that we need to be better in the air and fight more.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Once everyone was on the same number of games (ie Aberdeen played their two games in hand) we were joint 4th so technically we’re exactly where we were when Robbie left

And it’s totally possible to criticise performances and results yet want the manager to get to the end of season without having your head in the sand.

It’s equally possible to criticise performances and results without throwing tantrums, demanding the manager’s head on a pike and calling a club legend abusive names ??

We were 2nd when we left end of story. Stop trying to stick up for a manager who is clueless and has no Plan B. 

When did I call him abusive names out of interest? 

A club legend also wins trophies. 

gowestjambo
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

On yer bike!

Your refusal to back up your ridiculous post, that everyone accepts mediocrity is untrue then?

Why not just admit you are wrong, instead of running away?

34 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

You don't get given prize money for being 4th if you sit 5th in the league. Hope that clarifies matters.

4 is higher up than 5 in the league. Also another revelation for you to take on board.

Hate to break it to you but prize money is given out after the season finishes based on final league placings, so we may well be 4th then with Craig still in charge. ?

:clyay:

Interesting that if we win tomorrow night it will be first time in 14 years that we have been in two cup semis in the same season. Wonder who put the team in place that last achieved that feat? 

46 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

We were 2nd when we left end of story. Stop trying to stick up for a manager who is clueless and has no Plan B. 

A club legend also wins trophies

Don’t agree with the statement in bold. That at a club like ours is never going to be an accurate way to decide who are legends and who aren’t. 

You post very aggressively and very opinionatedly rather than debate.

Its your opinion he is clueless and has no plan B. Others think he overthinks things. 

You can take the situation when Neilson left and use it to suit either side. 2nd but , 3rd and 4th with games in hand so a false position if you will. Same as saying once the games in hand were played we were 4th. 

53 minutes ago, King Joffrey said:

Ha ha. Been working. New to KB.

Suppose where I am reading the thread is it's all about 1. entertainment and 2. winning. 

On NEITHER front have I left a game we should have won and thought, wish we were taller and harder.

The best players I've seen for both have been Skacel, Hartley, Cameron, McCann and back to Mackay, Colquhoun, Robbo. Creative but still hard working. And game changers.

We seem to have a first team philosophy that it's all a battle. Then Accies turn up and Templeton ripped us apart. Or Motherwell with Cadden and Hastie wide.

No matter what u think of them, Walker and Nicholson have left with no replacements.

We're not winning games we should. As per last cup game v a team beneath Alloa. I'd rather at least try with width, pace, creativity, 2 forwards. And accept getting beat if kicked off the park. That feels easier to accept than where we are now, that we need to be better in the air and fight more.

Forget all the post bar Thistle’s position below Alloa (2points on that - first being they aren’t and second since the turn of the year id imagine they’ve been one of the form teams in the championship) Should we of beaten them - absolutely. However with perspective on it -  Aberdeen should of beaten Stenhousemuir who are 10th in League 1 at home and failed miserably. Outside of Rangers and Celtic all teams have that risk. It happens. 

3 hours ago, Boab said:

The problem with this argument is the use of a previous league position to help your argument then say the football is pish.

The football was pish when we were second. We have’t played scintillating football since the first few games of the 2005-06 season.

So, what’s it to be ?

Good football or league position ?

Both ?

This is the very Heart of the matter 2005-2006 we had good players in fact for the league at that time we had some of the very best players in the division... oh how we have regressed eh! Now the act of the matter is we may never see that quality of player again not one player from our current squad would get into the team of 2005-2006 with the possible exception of Naismith. However even taking into account the fact that we paid those guys a lot money we are paying the current squad good money and we are not getting value for that money in my opinion. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Interesting that if we win tomorrow night it will be first time in 14 years that we have been in two cup semis in the same season. Wonder who put the team in place that last achieved that feat? 

I’m trying not to be unfair here but we played one SPL side (bottom half) on the way to the League Cup semi-final, when we failed to even show up against Celtic.

If we get to the Scottish Cup final, we’ll have played no SPL clubs and will probably fail to show up against Celtic.

I almost feel like it reflects our team under the current version of Levein as a manager - able to muddle through when the going’s easy but no good when it comes to actually delivering. These cup runs should not be used as a defence of him.

7 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

This is the very Heart of the matter 2005-2006 we had good players in fact for the league at that time we had some of the very best players in the division... oh how we have regressed eh! Now the act of the matter is we may never see that quality of player again not one player from our current squad would get into the team of 2005-2006 with the possible exception of Naismith. However even taking into account the fact that we paid those guys a lot money we are paying the current squad good money and we are not getting value for that money in my opinion. 

Good post that addresses the central issue, lack of talent in the team. It's not just the money but the fact long term contracts are being dished out to big carthorses on the basis they are expected to scrap for high balls. 

1 minute ago, Prof said:

Good post that addresses the central issue, lack of talent in the team. It's not just the money but the fact long term contracts are being dished out to big carthorses on the basis they are expected to scrap for high balls. 

Who are the “carthorses” that are receiving these long term contracts? 

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

You missed out "so far". Anyone can take a words of words out of a statement to make it suit their argument as you have just done.

Read the whole post instead of picking out little bits.

People who complete the 1st mile of a marathon ''are doing well so far''.

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Me ?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, UcheGang said:

Your last sentence is bullshit. 

Even wee Robbo only got a medal on a technicality 

Doddie, Jc, Mackay, Smith,  CL all deserve their place in our clubs history and treated accordingly. 

The man has spent twenty years with us. 

And if you dried your eyes, changed your nappy and wiped away the snotters you'd realise we have a, if not a very good chance of a trophy a rather unexpected one. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Big carthorses at that. 

Better than wee carthorses... ?

Alex Kintner

You don't get given prize money for being 4th if you sit 5th in the league. Hope that clarifies matters.

4 is higher up than 5 in the league. Also another revelation for you to take on board.

So much rage :rofl:

You probably shouldn’t have bothered reactivating your sleeper account. Going to give yourself a coronary at this rate! ?

48 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Hate to break it to you but prize money is given out after the season finishes based on final league placings, so we may well be 4th then with Craig still in charge. ?

:clyay:

Now there’s a “revelation” :whistling:

38 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not having that, he won 2 games in the cup competitions that season. Home to Killie, away to Dubfermline.  

Alex Kintner
33 minutes ago, sadj said:

Don’t agree with the statement in bold. That at a club like ours is never going to be an accurate way to decide who are legends and who aren’t. 

It’s a ridiculous statement. By that reckoning Robbo is only a legend because we managed to win the cup in 98 and Mackay and Colqhoun wouldn’t be classed as legends. ?

Other players who wouldn’t be classed as legends for their club because they didn’t win a trophy:

Matt Le Tissier? Southampton legend? Nah mate, didn’t win a trophy!

Rob Lee? Newcastle legend? Nah mate, didn’t win a trophy!

:rofl:

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

Your refusal to back up your ridiculous post, that everyone accepts mediocrity is untrue then?

Why not just admit you are wrong, instead of running away?

I think you should try and read that in context.  It was a pop at the particular poster that he cares but (he thinks) everyone else accepts mediocrity.

24 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m trying not to be unfair here but we played one SPL side (bottom half) on the way to the League Cup semi-final, when we failed to even show up against Celtic.

If we get to the Scottish Cup final, we’ll have played no SPL clubs and will probably fail to show up against Celtic.

I almost feel like it reflects our team under the current version of Levein as a manager - able to muddle through when the going’s easy but no good when it comes to actually delivering. These cup runs should not be used as a defence of him.

So desperate to play down any possible credit for our cup run got to distort the facts.

Its beginning to look as if some people want us to fail just to justify their opinions.

KyleLafferty

So we’ve had an easy run to the cup final if we get there, but does that mean what JJ did in 98 isn’t a great achievement cause of the draw we had?

Mr Elwood P
35 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Livingston been relegated or something? Desperate stuff. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

So desperate to play down any possible credit for our cup run got to distort the facts.

Its beginning to look as if some people want us to fail just to justify their opinions.

Sorry, yeah, Livi.

It’s not a case of wanting him to fail. I just think you’re a bit simple if a doddle of a cup run influences your opinion on him.

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

So we’ve had an easy run to the cup final if we get there, but does that mean what JJ did in 98 isn’t a great achievement cause of the draw we had?

Our current side has actually had a harder run than 1998.

FTA of the hard of thinking we have actually played a top league side.

Dont let facts get in the way of a good anti Hearts rant though.

20 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Not having that, he won 2 games in the cup competitions that season. Home to Killie, away to Dubfermline.  

It was his team. He recruited them, his players. Robbo did ok but it was still the same players and in reality they weren’t the same after Levein left. 

39 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Wrong. Usual inaccurate crap. 

Geoff the Mince
16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you should try and read that in context.  It was a pop at the particular poster that he cares but (he thinks) everyone else accepts mediocrity.

You didn't have a pop you showed yourself as being a loser .

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Sorry, yeah, Livi.

It’s not a case of wanting him to fail. I just think you’re a bit simple if a doddle of a cup run influences your opinion on him.

Doesn't look like it at times. Who needs Hibs supporters when we have friends like you and some others.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, luckydug said:

Doesn't look like it at times. Who needs Hibs supporters when we have friends like you and some others.

Here’s the thing though. In my view, people like you who won’t cast a critical eye on the way we are as a team under Levein are hindering the club by allowing them to carry on regardless. We’re very average, which is fine if very average floats your boat. Again, only my opinion, but the club need an injection of fresh blood 

Livingstone 1-0 at home, Junior league team Talbot at home and draw against bottom team in Championship . Yes a great cup run of convincing runaway wins. 

7 minutes ago, Prof said:

Livingstone 1-0 at home, Junior league team Talbot at home and draw against bottom team in Championship . Yes a great cup run of convincing runaway wins. 

Well the Bot game definitely was . 

6 minutes ago, Prof said:

Its Livingston.... Junior team Talbot who also put out Ayr , Partick aren’t bottom. But when you post like you did earlier saying the CL lovers wanted RN out the club all hope is lost to have a debate with ya

Alex Kintner
17 minutes ago, Prof said:

Clydebank

Albion Rovers

Ayr

Falkirk

Can’t believe we even bothered celebrating in 98 ?

Cruyff Turn
24 minutes ago, Prof said:

Clamped. ?

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Clydebank

Albion Rovers

Ayr

Falkirk

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Nope the football up until the Hamilton loss was good then after that it was ok unyil December then utterly honking....but don’t let that fact change anyones position that suits their agenda in the debate.....

I think all anyone can do is judge on league position and how we do in cups. Robbie done well for us and the Championship season was terrific. If Levein does get us to a final and, say, fourth, there will still be people saying the football’s still shite. 

Every manager in my time has had a shit period, where the football has been rotten.

Every one !

Win things and it’s, largely, ignored....and quite right !

Finlay James

Can't be arsed reading through all of this but sorry to disappoint, Leveins time is not up.

Im sure our wee resident vocal mob will be desperate for us to get beat tomorrow to try to prove their tiresome point.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

It was his team. He recruited them, his players. Robbo did ok but it was still the same players and in reality they weren’t the same after Levein left. 

Robbo deserves some credit as Levein had taken De Vries and Maybury to Leicester.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think all anyone can do is judge on league position and how we do in cups. Robbie done well for us and the Championship season was terrific. If Levein does get us to a final and, say, fourth, there will still be people saying the football’s still shite. 

Every manager in my time has had a shit period, where the football has been rotten.

Every one !

Win things and it’s, largely, ignored....and quite right !

Indeed If you look at Sergio we weren’t great in the league, although there were mitigating circumstances. Ironically enough the people who defend Levein use that argument against Sergio coming back ???‍♂️?

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed If you look at Sergio we weren’t great in the league, although there were mitigating circumstances. Ironically enough the people who defend Levein use that argument against Sergio coming back ???‍♂️?

Nah, the reason folk don’t want Sergio back is because his record as a manager is ****ing appalling. 

maroonsgotop
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

indeed. finished 5th when we won the cup in 2012

Inch Hearts
20 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Clydebank

Albion Rovers

Ayr

Falkirk

This time in 1998 we played some fantastic stuff, sitting with still a chance of winning the actual league.  Right now we are listening to St Mirren v Killie hoping 4th don’t stretch ahead of us again.  Night and day comparisons. We could have drawn anyone in the cup in 98 and be confident.  

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Nah, the reason folk don’t want Sergio back is because his record as a manager is ****ing appalling. 

Yet he’s still won more than Levein? 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

indeed. finished 5th when we won the cup in 2012

Sergio signed one player of his own over a season.  He also had wages not being paid, players sold amoungst over shit.  Leveins built this team and this squad over the past 4 years.  There’s no excuse now. 

Incidentally though I feel now is the time to come together everyone and re-avaluate everything come the end of the season.  Let’s back everyone at the club until then as we are a couple of gimmaes away from Hampden in May at the very least.

Edited by Inch Hearts

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Robbo deserves some credit as Levein had taken De Vries and Maybury to Leicester.

Agreed, but team wasn’t as efficient after Levein left 

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Agreed. And the football was worse than this seasons by a distance. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thread 16 days old still carrying a factually incorrect title. 

Keep it going long enough I suppose one day......

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

This time in 1998 we played some fantastic stuff, sitting with still a chance of winning the actual league.  Right now we are listening to St Mirren v Killie hoping 4th don’t stretch ahead of us again.  Night and day comparisons. We could have drawn anyone in the cup in 98 and be confident.  

Yet got put out the league cup by Dunfermline ?

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yet he’s still won more than Levein? 

Valdas Ivanauskas has won the SC, the Lithuanian Cup and the Lithuanian League. Does that make him better than both of them put together? 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed. And the football was worse than this seasons by a distance. 

I’m not so sure about that.

It was certainly a mixed bag but there were some good results and entertaining performances.  An underachieving team in the league, admittedly.

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Yet got put out the league cup by Dunfermline ?

But would spank the current side.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic