Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Eh? Please explain...

You accused others of “gross exaggeration” whilst claiming that anyone who supports our manager is guilty of the equivalent of supporting “honour killings”.

Seriously... you are just flailing around in the mud that’s gathered in the hole you are digging. ?

How am I flailing around ?  I acknowledged your  point. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No. Not in your case. You accuse me of something, but don't back it up. I sent you  a quote and link from the BBC website which is in accordance with what I said was posted on here by others. So, if you are correct, the BBC is wrong and the other posters who said he was a free agent are also wrong. I don't know why you quote games played etc, it's irrelevant ; he was released by Burton or he wasn't. 

I'm going to say this one more time. He was offered a contract on two occasions by Burton which he turned down on both occasions. You said he couldn't get a game for Burton, you said it in the David Gray thread and specifically highlighted a post by another poster. The fact that he played every game that he was available for that season proves you incorrect.

Please don't make anymore of a fool of yourself over this than you already have.

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

How am I flailing around ?  I acknowledged your  point. 

You are flailing around because you are accusing others of over exaggeration, whilst comparing the opinions of anyone who disagrees with you, with those who condone honour killings.

If you like, I will try and craft some glove puppets and gigantic posters, to help you understand. ?

Just now, Notts1874 said:

I'm going to say this one more time. He was offered a contract on two occasions by Burton which he turned down on both occasions. You said he couldn't get a game for Burton, you said it in the David Gray thread and specifically highlighted a post by another poster. The fact that he played every game that he was available for that season proves you incorrect.

Please don't make anymore of a fool of yourself over this than you already have.

You had a chance to quote me , you haven't. I'm bored now. For the last time, I sent you a link that said , from the BBC, he was not offered a new contract, I said I was referencing OTHER posters on JKB who said so.  The fact that he played however many games doesn't prove anything : he was released or he wasn't. You appear to be better informed than the BBC.  I'm OK with that. 

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You are flailing around because you are accusing others of over exaggeration, whilst comparing the opinions of anyone who disagrees with you, with those who condone honour killings.

If you like, I will try and craft some glove puppets and gigantic posters, to help you understand. ?

Thanks for explaining what "flailing around " is. ? 

I did say I accepted your point but apparently that is not enough. I'll try to get over it. 

You had a chance to quote me , you haven't. I'm bored now. For the last time, I sent you a link that said , from the BBC, he was not offered a new contract, I said I was referencing OTHER posters on JKB who said so.  The fact that he played however many games doesn't prove anything : he was released or he wasn't. You appear to be better informed than the BBC.  I'm OK with that. 

:rofl:

You are spot on, mate! His posts are akin to the genocide of Kosovo.

Thanks for explaining what "flailing around " is. ? 

I did say I accepted your point but apparently that is not enough. I'll try to get over it. 

Or maybe just stop talking horseshit?

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You know what you said so I ain't going to quote you.

On this occasion I'm far better informed than the BBC.

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

:rofl:

You are spot on, mate! His posts are akin to the genocide of Kosovo.

:rofl: so true

Or maybe just stop talking horseshit?

Ignore button ?

Ignore button ?

Use it! Will save me having to make five or six posts pointing out your obtuse churlishness and basic ignorance. ?

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You know what you said so I ain't going to quote you.

On this occasion I'm far better informed than the BBC.

You better delete this post or G&S will be all over it. 

Use it! Will save me having to make five or six posts pointing out your obtuse churlishness and basic ignorance. ?

Do carry on. 

No need because it's a fact. On this specific occasion I may add.

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Humour bypass. 

11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

No issue with that one, Mr Notts. Thanks for sharing. ?

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Another humour bypass. ?

9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Humour bypass. 

Must have missed the punch line somewhere along the line. Apologies.

8 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It's almost like I live in Burton.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Must have missed the punch line somewhere along the line. Apologies.

No worries. Must go now. 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No worries. Must go now. 

Without me telling you the contract offer information came direct from Nigel Clough, such a shame.

Geoff the Mince
5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Next season will take care of itself when the dust has settled on this one.

It's a bit soon to be giving your pessimism a run out, is it not?

I see nothing wrong in showing concern regarding the direction the football is going .

For he first time in our lives all the non footballing aspects of the club are in a healthy position 

Let's stop accepting or making excuses for mediocracy

I want to see progress on the pitch and it's not happening .

Alex Kintner
6 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Compares people backing the Hearts manager with backing people who murder their relatives in the name of honour.

Accuses others of gross exaggeration.

?

Shitemare springs to mind ?

King Joffrey

The latest levein interview really underlines the criticism he's facing for his brand of football.

Saying that vanecek still thinks its all about touch and possession. But he needs to learn Scottish football is all about a scrap for the ball in the air.

1. When it comes to the opposition's box, it's US putting it in the air. Not them. Scottish football or no, WE control what our forwards receive and how they receive it.

2. If we wanted an aerial battering ram, I'm sure we could have got one from a Linciln City or Rochdale. Why sign a forward who is all 'touch and possession' then complain and try to change him.

Its not a lazy anti Levein post. But surely a couple of points that are quite valid to challenge on?

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, King Joffrey said:

The latest levein interview really underlines the criticism he's facing for his brand of football.

Saying that vanecek still thinks its all about touch and possession. But he needs to learn Scottish football is all about a scrap for the ball in the air.

1. When it comes to the opposition's box, it's US putting it in the air. Not them. Scottish football or no, WE control what our forwards receive and how they receive it.

2. If we wanted an aerial battering ram, I'm sure we could have got one from a Linciln City or Rochdale. Why sign a forward who is all 'touch and possession' then complain and try to change him.

Its not a lazy anti Levein post. But surely a couple of points that are quite valid to challenge on?

Ive seen enough from Levein to know he will never change the way he plays. Has a bizarre mix of long ball to the big man couples with midfielders focussed on little passes to keep the possession stats nice and high. Throw in his love of signing ‘project’ players and the whole thing looks disjointed and lacking any kind of plan. 

We will muddle through to a top 6 finish and the draw gives us a great chance of a Cup Final. But I think his time is coming to an end. 

We_are_the_Hearts
On 10/03/2019 at 06:18, Seymour M Hersh said:

What's Robbo doing at Inverness that has you desperate for his return? They're 15 points off the leaders in a not very great Championship. 

Read my post and you will get your answer

2 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

I see nothing wrong in showing concern regarding the direction the football is going .

For he first time in our lives all the non footballing aspects of the club are in a healthy position 

Let's stop accepting or making excuses for mediocracy

I want to see progress on the pitch and it's not happening .

Good for you - nobody else cares.  

Everyone else simply accepts mediocrity.

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Good for you - nobody else cares.  

Everyone else simply accepts mediocrity.

Losers mentality .

Cut The Crap
2 hours ago, King Joffrey said:

You should be at the media conferences to press for an answer.

39 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Losers mentality .

Or maybe a realist with a bit of understanding and patience not the "Oh, look at me, I'm hurt" facade.

Hmmm... I don't agree.

With Vanecek, it's a case of him understanding that Scottish football is more physical in nature. Skilful players need to handle the rough and tumble of our league, and earn the right to play. It's not uncommon for a good player to come from abroad, and struggle with the industrial nature of the game here. A fair few of our Lithuanian imports found this out. There were some skilful guys in that bunch, but often they didn't fancy the 'getting blootered in to the sky by hairy-arsed hammer throwers' part.

Gennaro Gattuso mentioned this in an interview once. He credits Scottish football with nurturing that side of his game, as he quickly learned as a kid at Ibrox, that you need to have a bit of bite in the SPL, or you won't get the opportunity to show your skilful side.

There's been a fair few others as well. Novikovas struggled with it, and I don't believe Martin is a poor player either, he just can't handle the kick andrush physical side of our game. Hammer throwers like Bartley have guys like him on toast.

If vanecek gets to grips with the physical element, then we will start to see the technical side of his game.

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

So are you agreeing that SC may be no better thatn CL?

Some on here think Levein is the devil incarnate while also thinking that Clarke is God's gift to football management.

I was just pointing out that Craig Levein had been sacked on two prevoius occasions in reply to yours relating to Clarke being sacked from WBA.

I have not suggested that Levein be replaced by Clarke or that he is no better than CL but I have said that I don't think CL is the man to take us forward.

Nobody ever knows how a new appointment is going to work in any type of employment and football is probably even more difficult to call.

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. All Football Clubs have their processes in how they choose someone for a job and there will be certain criteria they look for

but on paper he may be the best candidate but the players may not take to him and his methods so it is always a gamble.

Look at HIbs their first choice replacement for Lennon ended up rejecting the offer and they reverted to their second choice and so far he seems to have done a decent job.

Doesn't say a lot for our scouting system does it or the brief they are given in finding players.

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I was just pointing out that Craig Levein had been sacked on two prevoius occasions in reply to yours relating to Clarke being sacked from WBA.

I have not suggested that Levein be replaced by Clarke or that he is no better than CL but I have said that I don't think CL is the man to take us forward.

Nobody ever knows how a new appointment is going to work in any type of employment and football is probably even more difficult to call.

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. All Football Clubs have their processes in how they choose someone for a job and there will be certain criteria they look for

but on paper he may be the best candidate but the players may not take to him and his methods so it is always a gamble.

Look at HIbs their first choice replacement for Lennon ended up rejecting the offer and they reverted to their second choice and so far he seems to have done a decent job.

The last paragraph speaks volumes.

What is the criteria of a decent job ?

Maybe we should wait till the end of the season and, then, decide whether CL has done a decent job or not.

It won’t stop some saying “ aye, but the football is shite to watch “ however !

Geoff the Mince
32 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Or maybe a realist with a bit of understanding and patience not the "Oh, look at me, I'm hurt" facade.

Like I said loser .

1 minute ago, Boab said:

The last paragraph speaks volumes.

What is the criteria of a decent job ?

Maybe we should wait till the end of the season and, then, decide whether CL has done a decent job or not.

It won’t stop some saying “ aye, but the football is shite to watch “ however !

By decent job I was looking at their results and performance of some of their players who seemed to have downed tools for Lennon.

They have upped their game since the new Manager came in and they have picked up a fair number of point since the change.

As is the case with every Manager he will be judged on the targets his Board have set him what those are I have no idea but I do known that our is to finish a minimum of fourth in the league any less will be deemed a failure.

So we will see how we finish at the end of the season.

Enzo Chiefo
22 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Like I said loser .

But Levein was a club legend Geoff, a PHM apparently , so if you could just show a bit of patience and give him another 10 or 12 seasons until his new players "find their feet", "get up to speed" or whatever other excuse gets trotted out with monotonous regularity.  I'm sure you can put up with some more hoofball and mid table mediocrity until then.?

The Comedian
3 hours ago, King Joffrey said:

Where can you find this interview?

Thanks.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Read my post and you will get your answer

Well, I read it again and it still doesn't explain why he'd be better. 

14 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Where can you find this interview?

Thanks.

“You have to remember that was the longest David has been on the pitch for us up until now. He has to get used to the Scottish game. I think he thinks the game is much more about securing possession and playing passes than what we’re actually facing – which is just a scrap every time the ball goes in the air.

“You have to embrace those things and he’s getting better. He looks in good condition and he worked hard on Saturday.

“He didn’t get any opportunities unfortunately but those will come in time.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-reveals-thoughts-on-embryonic-uche-ikpeazu-and-david-vanecek-partnership-1-4886836

:cornette:

11 minutes ago, kila said:

“You have to remember that was the longest David has been on the pitch for us up until now. He has to get used to the Scottish game. I think he thinks the game is much more about securing possession and playing passes than what we’re actually facing – which is just a scrap every time the ball goes in the air.

“You have to embrace those things and he’s getting better. He looks in good condition and he worked hard on Saturday.

“He didn’t get any opportunities unfortunately but those will come in time.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-reveals-thoughts-on-embryonic-uche-ikpeazu-and-david-vanecek-partnership-1-4886836

:cornette:

Think reading that some people are twisting the words. Very much sounds like he thought he’d have a decade on the ball not get closed down in seconds and been in a battle. Dundee game was brutal as they fought for their lives. Once you get used to that side of the Scottish game and adapt you can showcase any skills you have. Look at Musonda last year , came in thinking he was gods gift having come from Chelse got booted about disappeared. 

Edited by sadj

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, King Joffrey said:

I was speaking to an ex player on Saturday and asked why, if the club plays (or at least attempts to) an open passing brand of football all the way through the Academy, does it stop with the first team (in the main as we have payed some good football this season). His answer was simple. The Premiership is a battle not football. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Think reading thst some people are twisting the words. Very much sounds like he thought he’d have a decade on the ball not get closed down in seconds and been in a battle. Dundee game was brutal as they fought for their lives. Once you get used to that side of the Scottish game and adapt you can showcase any skills you have. Look at Musonda last year , came in thinking he was gods gift having come from Chelse got booted about disappeared. 

Levein is basically saying the way to play the game in Scotland is to lump it long and play for the scraps. That's why he has two big strikers. He signed Vanecek for his size, not his football ability it seems.

It is no wonder the quality of football is crap when the manager is leading that train of thought into the rest of the team.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Think reading thst some people are twisting the words. Very much sounds like he thought he’d have a decade on the ball not get closed down in seconds and been in a battle. Dundee game was brutal as they fought for their lives. Once you get used to that side of the Scottish game and adapt you can showcase any skills you have. Look at Musonda last year , came in thinking he was gods gift having come from Chelse got booted about disappeared. 

Would you not think that he would have realised that from watching our games? He has been on the bench for lonfg enough now to surely see how the game is played here.

Would the coaching staff not have made him aware of this also? If they didn't then they are as culpable as he is.

Just now, kila said:

Levein is basically saying the way to play the game in Scotland is to lump it long and play for the scraps. That's why he has two big strikers. He signed Vanecek for his size, not his football ability it seems.

It is no wonder the quality of football is crap when the manager is leading that train of thought into the rest of the team.

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I was speaking to an ex player on Saturday and asked why, if the club plays (or at least attempts to) an open passing brand of football all the way through the Academy, does it stop with the first team (in the main as we have payed some good football this season). His answer was simple. The Premiership is a battle not football. 

Watch the Championship and EPL down south you get ages on the ball compared to up here. Until as a nation we try and catch up Scottish football will remain a battleground. At least below first team we are trying to develop those skills in players. I cant comment on other teams academies or below first teams but Scottish football hasn’t changed in many a year unfortunately.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic