Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

3 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

I'll trust my own clear thoughts on the topic, Budge disagrees with me so I, as a fan, am stuck with it since she is in power. I can only hope I am wrong and Levein turns it around. 

What I find odd is gloating to other fans about the manager being afforded time many feel he simply doesn't warrant having. I have no issues with people not agreeing with me and certainly won't be posting gleefully if Levein is sacked. I'll be disappointed to have my fears realised. 

Politics have little significance as to how football supporters react to matters in my opinion but each to their own. 

No, but the behaviour associated with politics at the moment influences behaviours and then those behaviours can cross over into other environments. People become accustomed to being enraged.

I get gloated at. I gloat back.

Shit happens and it’s a free world - kind of.

Edited by Jammy T

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

15 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I think a lot of fans are frustrated as the club are in the best position off the field to really push on and dare I say it once in a while have a chance to win the league, but the first team have been treading water and nothing seems to be changing. 

Yeah just about everything is positive except on the pitch

17 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Did he not have a Heart attack? If he did... damage could have been done.

If he had a heart attack they put a stent in - the side effects are not that you grow an affinity for long throw tactics and other unmentionables.

Edited by Riccarton3

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Part of me thinks this is a stall to get a plan B in place. 

I honestly think our bad start this season has caught everyone by Suprise and removing CL and Likley the coaching staff now would be like removing the bottom jenga piece. 

She'll hope we beat hibs as their honking as well and progress in the cup do that and the average fan will see if we can put a run together. 

After all, it's not personal it's about results, so if they improve folk will gradually get back on side. Unless it is personal and not about results then folk won't get back on side. 

I would suspect a plan B is in being hatched tho as defeat to hibs really must be it. 

Folk got their statement tho. 

The deafening silence was broken, thought that would keep some  folk happy, it's all they banged on about. 

Some stall when the authenticity of the support is called into question in the opening lines of the statement! :laugh:

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I’m not convinced she is doing the right thing by standing by CL but I admire her fighting spirit for what she believes.

The fans should not be turning against her right now.

I agree with this. She has spelled out her thinking and given an insight into the process. I’d strongly recommend that she gets a decent comms person to write her statements, but I do think she will act soon if Levein doesn’t start winning.

21 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I think a lot of fans are frustrated as the club are in the best position off the field to really push on and dare I say it once in a while have a chance to win the league, but the first team have been treading water and nothing seems to be changing. 

Far too sensible , glad iv been training the last four and a bit hours and not read any of the rants. Right or wrong i bet its eye opening. 

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

He also put Rogers firmly in his place and told him to mind his business when Rogers criticised Cathro’s sacking by mentioning specific players who he claimed were not Cathro types.

But he gets pelters on here for some reason.

Cause as far as a lot if people are concerned he is a lazy and poor coach and part of the problem. Many think Levein needs a boot in the arse for continuing to stick with Fox and Daly

28 minutes ago, post221 said:

That statement has really riled me , so out of touch with GENUINE fans!

I know on this site that she can do no wrong but it's way past time she was emptied. She's done very well out of her association with Hearts but by her own admission she didn't have a clue about us a few years ago. How can someone like that hurt or feel as much as those of us who've been brought up our whole lives with Hearts?

Get her paid up (with a healthy interest rate remember!) and show her the door as quickly as possible. 

I fully agree with all that Anne Budge writes, so she is not out of touch with me and I would consider myself a genuine fan. I've been a season ticket holder for 50 years. Based on what some choose to write on here they have very, very short memories or are very young. The reason so many football clubs get into trouble is because owners throw out of the window all of the business principles that got them their wealth in the first place. I'm pleased that we have an owner who is attaching her business brain and seeking to protect her investment. We all wish the team was performing better than it is now, but a knee jerk reaction is never the best course of action for any business and despite all the experts on here telling what should be done, she knows much more about running a football club than any of us.   

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

He also put Rogers firmly in his place and told him to mind his business when Rogers criticised Cathro’s sacking by mentioning specific players who he claimed were not Cathro types.

I think he gets pelters because, rightly or wrongly, people saw him as the next cab off the rank for the pyramid when we actually needed a strong appointment. I'm not going to comment on his coaching although others have done.

Francis Albert

Thought I'd posted this before ... but not the least disturbing part of the statement is that there is apparently no-one  who can advise her strongly not to use the phrase "genuine fan".

6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

If he had a heart attack they put a stent in - the side effects are not that you grow an affinity for long throw tactics and other unmentionables.

:rofl: 

1 minute ago, henryheart said:

I fully agree with all that Anne Budge writes, so she is not out of touch with me and I would consider myself a genuine fan. I've been a season ticket holder for 50 years. Based on what some choose to write on here they have very, very short memories or are very young. The reason so many football clubs get into trouble is because owners throw out of the window all of the business principles that got them their wealth in the first place. I'm pleased that we have an owner who is attaching her business brain and seeking to protect her investment. We all wish the team was performing better than it is now, but a knee jerk reaction is never the best course of action for any business and despite all the experts on here telling what should be done, she knows much more about running a football club than any of us.   

Google knee-jerk. 

4 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Jesus Christ. 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Just read the statement Jesus Christ we are off the cliff. The only way is down. Sad delusions 

“Off the cliff”

A precise example of the rage of politics crossing over to another environment 

Thanks for proving my point.

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Part of me thinks this is a stall to get a plan B in place. 

I honestly think our bad start this season has caught everyone by Suprise

The bad start to the season has caught us all by surprise. Results and performances were so good the past 9 months, it was very difficult to see it coming. 

6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Not everyone is wanting her to abandon her principles, just the personnel. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

The bad start to the season has caught us all by surprise. Results and performances were so good the past 9 months, it was very difficult to see it coming. 

:laugh:

Having read the statement I was actually quite disappointed. Queen Anne has had a bit of time to think about this message, and the best excuse she can come up with is INJURIES??

I would have at least expected something a bit more inventive than that. 

Just now, Whatever said:

Jammy T obviously sober today.

A distinct lack of abuse from his usual.

Hhmm. My first post wasn’t particularly conciliatory. Hearts fans are a microcosm of the country as a whole at present.

Everyone’s gone bonkers; demanding this and that; protesting at the drop of a hat. It’s like Millenials have infiltrated everyone’s minds...

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Is HenryHeart “at it” as well?

No he’s not and he has age and wisdom on his side 

Because you agree with him 😂

15 minutes ago, henryheart said:

"Knee jerk reaction", you should help Ann with her next statement.

Just now, TheOak88 said:

Having read the statement I was actually quite disappointed. Queen Anne has had a bit of time to think about this message, and the best excuse she can come up with is INJURIES??

I would have at least expected something a bit more inventive than that. 

There are currently 8 players who would likely be first team starters out injured at the moment and we haven’t been able to field our strongest team this season. 

This cant be ignored nor does it excuse the inability of the other players to cope with this.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Hhmm. My first post wasn’t particularly conciliatory. Hearts fans are a microcosm of the country as a whole at present.

Everyone’s gone bonkers; demanding this and that; protesting at the drop of a hat. It’s like Millenials have infiltrated everyone’s minds...

You don’t half post some pish.

3 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Because you agree with him 😂

No just wondering where the abuse of him is - not that I’d encourage it of course but more proof of ad hominem behaviour.

Edited by Jammy T

6 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Aye but Levein said he will fix things.

What is missing from all of this is the FOOTBALL! I am old(69) and have seen many years of Scottish football. I can accept failure(you had to if a Hearts fan -"though we sometimes go down we aye go back up") but Levein has brought a sterile and tennis/hoof style of play which I can no longer bear to watch. His tactics are puerile and at times bizarre and he can not pick a stable side, despite recruiting a cast of seeming thousands. I enjoyed seeing the young lads play when we went down, as they had effort and passion. This team may be capable of decent football but it has been knocked out of them by a rather paranoid manager.  I live in the Highlands and am a season ticket holder of many years. I have wasted my money this year as I can no longer face the long journey to watch such garbage. All I ask is to see passionate and skilful football played by a committed team. Of course I want us to win medals but it is the FOOTBALL I go to watch and Ann Budge seems incapable of allowing me to do this. Her statement really depresses me and makes me wonder why I committed so much time and money only to see clear mismanagement. I'm just sad and want my HMFC back. 

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If the plane returns Ann has written the banner script:

HI ANN. GENUINE FANS WANT LEVEIN OUT

😂

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

Aye but Levein said he will fix things.

We really are on the brink of something great. It’s all due to click into place any day etc etc 

:jj_facepalm:

7 minutes ago, weehammy said:

We’ll be having the Irish Backstop next!

Indeed - or here’s a good one:

Bollox to Budge

Edited by Jammy T

2 minutes ago, Blindheart said:

What is missing from all of this is the FOOTBALL! I am old(69) and have seen many years of Scottish football. I can accept failure(you had to if a Hearts fan -"though we sometimes go down we aye go back up") but Levein has brought a sterile and tennis/hoof style of play which I can no longer bear to watch. His tactics are puerile and at times bizarre and he can not pick a stable side, despite recruiting a cast of seeming thousands. I enjoyed seeing the young lads play when we went down, as they had effort and passion. This team may be capable of decent football but it has been knocked out of them by a rather paranoid manager.  I live in the Highlands and am a season ticket holder of many years. I have wasted my money this year as I can no longer face the long journey to watch such garbage. All I ask is to see passionate and skilful football played by a committed team. Of course I want us to win medals but it is the FOOTBALL I go to watch and Ann Budge seems incapable of allowing me to do this. Her statement really depresses me and makes me wonder why I committed so much time and money only to see clear mismanagement. I'm just sad and want my HMFC back. 

Spot on buddy

William Wallace
30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree, after five years she must know football as well as most chairs/CEOs. 

Doubling up I see.  Absolutely ridiculous last couple of posts from you. How can she know football as well as most chairs, when she’s publicly stated she leaves that to Levein?  

ridiculous.

37 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I agree...just trying to think of reasons why she might be behaving like this.

Sorry Mac. I wasn't having a go at you. I knew you were just ruminating rather than putting up any kind of defence. 

Could have put the reply a bit better. 

3 minutes ago, Blindheart said:

Great post, sums it up for me. The football is atrocious, The man is a dinosaur. 

GorgieFifeLife
17 minutes ago, Angry Haggis said:

Hibs is a must win, simple as that. 

I dont think it is. Sounds like she is backing him until all our players are fit and playing in same team and to follow the master plan. A defeat wont make a difference. Depressing stuff.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jamboiain13 said:

In season 17/18, when we finished 6th what did we do?  We discussed the situation at length and we responded by investing heavily during the transfer window, to re-shape the team.  In season 18/19, we, like every other Hearts supporter were delighted that our actions seemed to be paying dividends when we were riding high in the early part of the season.  Then disaster struck and we suffered an unprecedented level of injuries.  This meant that for the second year in succession, it looked, as though, achieving our football target of finishing in the Top 4 was at risk.

·       What did we do?  We went back to the planning board.  In January, 2019, well before the end of the season, we took action and modified our plan to focus our investment entirely on strengthening our football operation. 

What Ann fails to recognise here is that the decision to strengthen the football operation simply hasn't materialised on the park.  2 Consecutive 6th places when aiming / budgeting / planning for top 4 followed by sitting BOTTOM of the league 5 games in (3 of those at home versus perennial bottom 6 clubs and a newly promoted one!!).  Where is the improvement we all crave and you so keenly illustrate at every opportunity that the management team are judged upon?  

As for the 'genuine' Hearts fans quip....that really riles me since it implies that all those 'fans' who are not 100% behind the 'plan' are in some way fake?  I have considered our aspirations in the light of the administration and subsequent rebuilding which many many thousands of us helped make possible, indeed continue to do so by renewing ST's, FoH contributions, merch and match day victuals etc. but if we apply Ann's logic then we should no longer be accepting the excuses.  We are rebuilding and in a state of transition thus we can suck up the mediocrity since it'll 'all come good in the end' in a 'told you so' epiphany....F that!!  No more will I make excuses for where we are on the football pitch.  I want Hearts to realise our potential NOW and by Ann's own admission we are NOT in fact planning each year for mediocrity / 6th place / or even last place.  So, are us 'genuine' Hearts supporters not entitled to wonder what the actual fcuk is going on when we haven't won a league match since March and week in week out we pay to watch a team of guys who seem devoid of ideas / confidence / and effort?  We have too many coaches which imo produces a team who are not OVER coached but a team who can no longer be coached any more.  This smacks of mis-management to me and we are in desperate need of a leader both on and off the park!

Great post. 

nathan brittles

Take heart, this will be over before the Brexit deadline. If Sunday is the start of a mini run of success, then CL will continue in charge for what will be a poor but not end of world season.

Hibs, Aberdeen and St.Mirren will determine the outcome no matter what AB says in her statement. The end chapter of this phase in our history is in sight so no use getting uptight.

GorgieFifeLife
7 minutes ago, Blindheart said:

Very good post.  She is so out of touch it is frightening.

1 minute ago, nathan brittles said:

Take heart, this will be over before the Brexit deadline. If Sunday is the start of a mini run of success, then CL will continue in charge for what will be a poor but not end of world season.

Hibs, Aberdeen and St.Mirren will determine the outcome no matter what AB says in her statement. The end chapter of this phase in our history is in sight so no use getting uptight.

I seriously doubt she would dismiss him even if we lost all 3 games.  

I really am worried about where our club goes from here.  

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Remember him saying we were a bunch of bottlers and divers when he became the first ROI player to take the Hun coin, might be that. Or could it be his coaching of the strikers not being up to much? Or his part in our inept form over the last two years?

1 minute ago, ScoPo said:

I seriously doubt she would dismiss him even if we lost all 3 games.  

I really am worried about where our club goes from here.  

Fear not , my ITK mate says McCann was talking to Budge today , he starts next week if we lose to Hibs & The sheep . 🤭

Just now, Meadows said:

Fear not , my ITK mate says McCann was talking to Budge today , he starts next week if we lose to Hibs & The sheep . 🤭

Oh wonderful.   I will sleep better tonight now 😰😂

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Blindheart said:

Great post, I’m a bit annoyed at being described as something other than a genuine Hearts fan from someone who has been following the club for less time than I have.