Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

9 minutes ago, TheStig said:

What i expected to hear, just not what i wanted to hear. She can deny it all she likes but Levein is untouchable. This is going to be ****ing grim, the shitstorm to follow shall be interesting however 

Aye.  As everyone sat waiting to hear of a sacking after Saturday and it didn’t come, many fellow JTs I have spoken to over the last few days agree it’s going to get messier before it gets any better.

Sad.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

2 hours ago, jambogaza said:

The next few games! At which point, our season is effectively over. What a joke

Need minimum of 4 points against hibs and st Mirren!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He’s hardly had an excellent managerial career though. That is really stretching it no?

Put it this way if our next manager is announced as someone with his CV we'll all be over the moon, until Craig takes off the wig and glasses to reveal it's actually him again.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yup that is all you’ve got! Infantile shit!

Unlike social media, which is deadly serious, reasoned, accurate and trustworthy.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Put it this way if our next manager is announced as someone with his CV we'll all be over the moon, until Craig takes off the wig and glasses to reveal it's actually him again.

😀 naw. Put it this way. He hasn’t had an excellent managerial career.

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I’m going to try to calm down, he needs to at least draw against the vermin  and knock out the sheep and she is sticking by him. 

Prob need to beat st midden to otherwise a draw against that lot would be sh....e

Said it earlier. She really needs to get someone to write her statements for her.

The information is in there but there’s always a daft line, the genuine one this time, and then some equally daft phrases in brackets. It just riles people.

Obviously the content is the most important and they really can’t admit they’ve ballsed it up on the first team front.

So we get this. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Sunday is neither the time or place foe that. Its a must win derby against a Hibs team who are as shite as we are. My focus will be 100% on backing the team.

Save the protests for the Aberdeen or Killie home games.

Show no weakness against that shower down at fester road !!! Give them nothing to use against us ,team and fans ! Let them gloat in their own sh..e,,, bye  the light 🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🎵

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Sheep in between mind !

Cup tie should take care of itself eh" with a semi at stake, hopefully keep our season alive by beating Aberdeen,,, we need to have s cup to take our mind of this fiasco that's continually ongoing,,,

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😀 naw. Put it this way. He hasn’t had an excellent managerial career.

Cup finals, very good league positions (including two 3rds in a row with us that has not been repeated), good European achievements (ground breaking in Scottish terms in the Europa League) experience at two top clubs in Scotland and one in England, managed your home country at international level, helped to develop countless good young players, only sacked twice (so far :) ), probably I'm guessing an above average win% overall. It's an excellent CV that we are very unlikely to see matched by our next manager, which in itself shows what a lottery finding a good manager is (we can but dream though).

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Cup tie should take care of itself eh" with a semi at stake, hopefully keep our season alive by beating Aberdeen,,, we need to have s cup to take our mind of this fiasco that's continually ongoing,,,

Was in two minds but going to get time off and go to the sheep game. **** it, need to let the players know this is not their doing.

Just now, Boab said:

Was in two minds but going to get time off and go to the sheep game. **** it, need to let the players know this is not their doing.

Il be there ,might be a turning point? Then again??🙈🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

PLEASE EVERYBODY PAY ATTENTION

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON!!

Totally agree with you on this, the only ones that should be shouting for people to stop FOH direct debits are Hibbies. 

I’m actually somewhat encouraged by that statement. I can’t remember any manager surviving for long after receiving such a fulsome vote of confidence from an owner. One more **** up should do it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd like to know if she has a genuine fan test and, if we fail it, should we stop contributing to FoH as presumably only genuine fans should.

We need a new CEO post takeover.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Cup finals, very good league positions (including two 3rds in a row with us that has not been repeated), good European achievements (ground breaking in Scottish terms in the Europa League) experience at two top clubs in Scotland and one in England, managed your home country at international level, helped to develop countless good young players, only sacked twice (so far :) ), probably I'm guessing an above average win% overall. It's an excellent CV that we are very unlikely to see matched by our next manager, which in itself shows what a lottery finding a good manager is (we can but dream though).

Seems pretty comprehensive. Forgot you only included good bits in cv’s. It is an impressive cv after all. Surprised people want rid of him now tbh. 

Cup finals, very good league positions (including two 3rds in a row with us that has not been repeated), good European achievements (ground breaking in Scottish terms in the Europa League) experience at two top clubs in Scotland and one in England, managed your home country at international level, helped to develop countless good young players, only sacked twice (so far :) ), probably I'm guessing an above average win% overall. It's an excellent CV that we are very unlikely to see matched by our next manager (we can but dream though).

This is not that manager any more, he’s had a decent enough career in management, did very well first time round and at Utd.

He didn’t want to be the manager and it shows. He lost whatever it was he had, the start of last season we saw a bit of that old Levein spirit, but it’s gone he won’t fix this. There’s no reason why this club can’t attract a top class manager (in Scottish terms)

I’ve witnessed Leveins entire career and he is not the man he once was. He still thinks he is and that’s the sad part, it’s like a boxer when his career is over he comes back but it’s not there anymore and he takes a beating... it’s sad to see really!

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

I’m actually somewhat encouraged by that statement. I can’t remember any manager surviving for long after receiving such a fulsome vote of confidence from an owner. One more **** up should do it. 

Or he does a Howard Kendall after he got a vote of confidence:

Midway through the 1983-84 season Everton fans were either avoiding Goodison Park or turning up to demand their manager’s resignation. By the end of the season they were Cup winners and Howard Kendall’s run of success had begun

https://www.theguardian.com/football/that-1980s-sports-blog/2015/oct/20/howard-kendall-everton-fa-cup-1984

The one more *** up is probably more likely though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Seems pretty comprehensive. Forgot you only included good bits in cv’s. It is an impressive cv after all. Surprised people want rid of him now tbh. 

Look, I'm only saying it should be OK to recognise that he's had a great career comparatively speaking while also making a dogs dinner of things right now.

Or he does a Howard Kendall:

Midway through the 1983-84 season Everton fans were either avoiding Goodison Park or turning up to demand their manager’s resignation. By the end of the season they were Cup winners and Howard Kendall’s run of success had begun

https://www.theguardian.com/football/that-1980s-sports-blog/2015/oct/20/howard-kendall-everton-fa-cup-1984

If he does that, then great! Even better.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Cup finals, very good league positions (including two 3rds in a row with us that has not been repeated), good European achievements (ground breaking in Scottish terms in the Europa League) experience at two top clubs in Scotland and one in England, managed your home country at international level, helped to develop countless good young players, only sacked twice (so far :) ), probably I'm guessing an above average win% overall. It's an excellent CV that we are very unlikely to see matched by our next manager (we can but dream though).

So decent league finishes about 15 years ago, 1 cup final loss, embarrassing formation while in charge of the national team, took a team aiming  for the premier league into the relegation zone of the championship. Aye brilliant CV that's why clubs were desperate for his services recently...

We wouldn’t get Howard Kendall as manager even if he was still with us.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I see we have now reduced the hospitality packages against Aberdeen to £25 .. the Tam Cowan one.. cant give them away.. 

Not true. It went on sale at £25+VAT from the start, there was a reminder sent out today. That price doesn’t include match ticket either.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I see we have now reduced the hospitality packages against Aberdeen to £25 .. the Tam Cowan one.. cant give them away.. 

I would urge nobody to buy any hospitality packages for the foreseeable. 

Just now, Boab said:

Not true. It went on sale at £25+VAT from the start, there was a reminder sent out today. That price doesn’t include match ticket either.

i stand corrected, thought they were more.. still - to not sell out for that price is pretty embarrassing 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

So decent league finishes about 15 years ago, 1 cup final loss, embarrassing formation while in charge of the national team, took a team aiming  for the premier league into the relegation zone of the championship. Aye brilliant CV that's why clubs were desperate for his services recently...

Was just replying to someone who said his whole playing and managerial career was a failure.

Why does right now feel worse than when we were going into admin and docked points? Games then were enjoyable! As well as laughing at hibs slip down the table 

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Unlike social media, which is deadly serious, reasoned, accurate and trustworthy.

Some of it is, mate. It only becomes shit if you contribute to that shit !

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Look, I'm only saying it should be OK to recognise that he's had a great career comparatively speaking while also making a dogs dinner of things right now.

Decent spell with us first time. Good at united. The rest has been pretty poor if your honest. Furthermore, nobody wanted him as manager when he became DoF with us. Maybe everyone else was right and hearts were wrong. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Was just replying to someone who said his whole playing and managerial career was a failure.

I absolutely did not say that. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yep. Sean Clare is the new Trevor Steven. :rolleyes:

The put up and shut up posts on this thread, and others, are as depressing as Budge's statement. 

Watch the pish that's put in front of you, troop out of Tynecastle, head bowed and silent, go home and be grateful. 

That's how to be a real fan, apparently. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Don't think any one can question his playing career, unlucky not to win something and unlucky with injuries. But as manager since he left us its been pretty much down hill with a small rise while at united.

I wonder if CL has been impacted by his Heart issue more than has been admitted. He doesn’t seem to be the same person. Mentally he doesn’t seem right. Maybe this is why AB is supporting him?

AlphonseCapone

Some folk think the statement suggests he has been given a short term target and his job is on the line.

Other folk think the statement suggests he isn't going anywhere.

Well done Budge, you've certainly put all the speculation to rest with that definitive statement. Genuine Hearts fans as well :facepalm:

That statement has really riled me , so out of touch with GENUINE fans!

I know on this site that she can do no wrong but it's way past time she was emptied. She's done very well out of her association with Hearts but by her own admission she didn't have a clue about us a few years ago. How can someone like that hurt or feel as much as those of us who've been brought up our whole lives with Hearts?

Get her paid up (with a healthy interest rate remember!) and show her the door as quickly as possible. 

Just now, McCrae said:

I wonder if CL has been impacted by his Heart issue more than has been admitted. He doesn’t seem to be the same person. Mentally he doesn’t seem right. Maybe this is why AB is supporting him?

She could do that in her own time. No need to keep him in power. Especially if he's not physically able to do his job. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, post221 said:

That statement has really riled me , so out of touch with GENUINE fans!

I know on this site that she can do no wrong but it's way past time she was emptied. She's done very well out of her association with Hearts but by her own admission she didn't have a clue about us a few years ago. How can someone like that hurt or feel as much as those of us who've been brought up our whole lives with Hearts?

Get her paid up (with a healthy interest rate remember!) and show her the door as quickly as possible. 

That's on FoH. I think they should start a CEO search now in preparation for the takeover.

So despite the football department being disorganised and in need of review there has only been one action other than a rambling sprawl of passive aggressive slights at the fans in this statement.

That is of course the creation of a Loan Manager role to choose clubs for half a dozen players.  Nothing else has necessitated a change to the plan.

How much worse do we have to get? Seriously.

Not surprised. He will not resign IMO. She will have to sack him and it’s gonna get proper messy