Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

The Old Tolbooth

What a patronising arsehole she truly is, that's about as shocking a statement that she could have put out! 

Well done Budge, I'm out until he's gone, and I reckon I won't be alone! 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Basically the fans that turned up to protest aren’t the genuine ones then 🤔

Maybe they are, maybe they are not.

My point is that there are thousands of reasonable Hearts fans who did not protest who have followed the team through thick and thin, put their hand in their pocket, that are pig sick of Levein - Ann branding them as less than genuine Hearts fans was disgraceful.

34 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

The next few games! At which point, our season is effectively over. What a joke

I'm not agreeing with her.I have said before the longer it drags on the harder it will be to get someone decent in.

Expected that to be honest. Couldn’t really say anything else as that would be an admission that she’s made an arse of it as well. 

Small point, why are these coming out in the press ?

Why not on the official site ?

Sorry, just seen it now.

Edited by Boab

A cluster**** of a statement. Taking aside the patronising and wrong headed nonsense she presents, this calls into question her judgement to make football decisions. I always thought when the FOH came to the handover with Budge I'd vote for her to remain, now I see someone who doesn't understand football. If your not decisive your left behind and she has just signed the death knell for yet another season. 

Shanks said no

I’m going to try to calm down, he needs to at least draw against the vermin  and knock out the sheep and she is sticking by him. 

16 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I did read the statement. 

We will continue to scrutinise our on-field performances and should we feel our plans are going astray and our approach needs to be adjusted, we will respond accordingly.”

That is her saying if things don’t improve it will

be acted upon.

And by the 'we' I assume she means her and Levein :whistling:

Edited by kila

42 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I have calmed down a bit and now agree with some others despite the statement he is now on a countdown.She has publicly backed him now so he has to get the job done.Lose the next few games and he is gone.

That’s not how I read it at all. I think she is saying don’t bother with the protests etc because he is going no where in the short term. 

I said on here when Levein was appointed he would be a hugely divisive character and look at us now!!!

Fans at each other’s throats, everybody totally losing faith in Ann Budge after all the great work she has done, talk of boycotts and stopping FoH money - and all because of one arrogant man!!!

Sad days!

portobellojambo1
14 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Rest assured, he will be gone should things not improve. I don’t how many games he’ll have been told he has but he’s most certainly been given a minimum short term target to achieve and failure to do so will see him removed as head coach. 

He has been given targets before and failed. Ann spelt out previously that at least 4th place is what was expected, and that failed but no action taken. The decline, the situation we find ourselves in presently is not because everything went tits up during the close season, it has been a visual decline for a longer period. And during that spell the fans, who she has basically told to shut up, have turned up week in and week out, continued to put money into the club, continued to back the club, i.e. real/genuine fans. And all for a piss poor statement which again is telling us to shut up. She has total confidence in a manager, a manager who keeps coming out saying that he is the man to fix things. You don't fix things that are working well, you fix things that are buggered, and we most certainly are buggered. I've always had nothing but total respect for her, for what she has done. But she is without doubt destroying all the good work she has done through loyalty to one man that is almost, no is impossible to understand. If the plan was to take us back to where the whole venture started, The Championship, then she has to come out and say that.

Edited by portobellojambo1

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I said on here when Levein was appointed he would be a hugely divisive character and look at us now!!!

Fans at each other’s throats, everybody totally losing faith in Ann Budge after all the great work she has done, talk of boycotts and stopping FoH money - and all because of one arrogant man!!!

Sad days!

Great Post

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sad days!

In a nutshell.

Fire_At_The_Disco

Get her out as well, absolute disgrace talking about only genuine fans. It’s time a “genuine” football minded person ran this club again. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, TheOak88 said:

That’s not how I read it at all. I think she is saying don’t bother with the protests etc because he is going no where in the short term. 

I hope they are actively seeking the right players for a assault on the championship next season as we speak then.

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sad days!

She has turned fans against her,all her own doing,surely end in tears!

GorgieBoysAreInTown
5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I'll back the team like I always do thanks. 

Of course we will sing hearts songs to back the team? 

Can you not also voice your opinion on the shambolic state of the football team..

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My point is that there are thousands of reasonable Hearts fans who did not protest who have followed the team through thick and thin, put their hand in their pocket, that are pig sick of Levein - Ann branding them as less than genuine Hearts fans was disgraceful.

Totally agree CFS. Im thoroughly pig sick of watching us just now. I never fail to stump up home or away, have missed a handful of games home and away in the last 6 years. I put the club before my family and my social circle is like minded pals who follow home and away. These past few weeks I haven’t had the appetite I normally have due to results. We believed the hype and the sound bytes from within the club but yet again we are under achieving. We were promised so much but the club have failed to deliver on the park.  It’s depressing and got to the stage where I’m starting to ‘not give a ****’ about results as I've accepted we are a poor side. At least the season we went down we knew what restrictions that were in place, yet we still followed in our thousands.

This is so different and gut wrenching. Fed up doesn’t even come close to how I’m feeling. I think if I displayed my true emotions I’d also be banned from Tynecastle indefinitely. No glimmer of hope on the horizon either and that’s the sad thing. HHGH

Jambof3tornado

Shockingly ignorant attitude towards the lifeblood of the club.

We have planned on accounting for injuries.......by bringing in the likes of Aidy White???!?

Still doesnt get it at all. This isnt about just THIS season. We have been garbage since the Celtic game at murrayfield.

Your time at my club cannot end soon enough Ann, thanks but dont let the door smack your arse on the way out.

Levein wielding all the power.

Mikey Stewart will love that statement.

Ann needs to go as well. We are all grateful for her stepping in at the eleventh hour to save the club but she has lost perspective on what Hearts is. Too close to see the situation for what it is would be my reading of the situation.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Pretty much sums up every Hearts fan I know, and all want Levein out, but haven't protested.

Massive own goal from her today (in my opinion)

The one thing I didn’t want was Ann Budge to become the problem. 

She just doesn’t know what failing to do the right thing will do on match days.

Our support will react in a way none off us want to see but she has never witnessed 

what happened to Chris Robinson. Although it may sound excessive you have to 

remember what our support have went through since the day we went into 

administration. Yes it’s been hard for our fans and we have poured millions 

of pounds into making our club safe from debt and becoming one of the 

top teams in Scotland. As of now the Hearts first team are a shambles with 

players being mismanaged not only on match days but at training up at Riccarton.

Our fans have known for a while now that Levein & his Boot Room are just not 

good enough and hearing more excuses has just been a insult to our intelligence.

Ann Budge has backed Levein way beyond what is acceptable in the fans opinion 

and her reasoning has in my view nothing to do with football but something 

that will ruin her relationship with our loyal support.

Edited by mitch41

5 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

It's the dreaded vote of confidence. Think he will be gone after another couple bad results

She ain’t sacking him mate!  Her unhealthy close relationship with him will prevent that!

At best she will punt him back to DoF citing “health reasons” and he will still have his negative destructive presence at our Club! Horrible situation!

Edited by Thomaso

Typical kB. Ripping a guy trying to float an idea that could make a difference. It’s not the best idea granted but we need to come up with something to get the strength of feeling across

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Typical kB. Ripping a guy trying to float an idea that could make a difference. It’s not the best idea granted but we need to come up with something to get the strength of feeling across

Agree

1 hour ago, Prof said:

That’s it for me. If the board are behind Levein then the people representing  FOH are not fit for purpose. As far as AB is concerned she could not be more wrong. This decision and the use of supporters money to get recruits to look after a Ladies team is not strategic thinking to improve HMFC, it’s politically correct madness. 

Be careful now I got shot down in flames to dare  questioning the ladies team

19 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Let’s try and get this going on Sunday then shall we?

You are an utter clown and probably should be looking in the mirror for the loser or coward.

Hagar the Horrible

Brought on all by herself,  she is now Lady Macbeth, Sleepwalking into tragedy.  But sorry ANNIE  I am a genuine Hearts supporter whereas your not.  Its not just a blip but your 3/5 year plan looks more like arse paper.  And please don't patronise us,   This is womansplaining at its worst,  Not sure what tragedy your plan is?  So are you fiddling why Rome is burning, or is it Infamy, Infamy they all have it Infamy.

quae tibi grata mansit , et tu brutae

10 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

The title made me think of this.

God I forgot all about that song 👍

Were they not supposed to be the next big thing.

On football matters support the team no matter what.

FTH

NaturalOrder74

I’m just gutted the last time I think I watched hearts win in the flesh was Inverness in the cup semi final and since Naismith got injured at murrayfield we’ve been dished out lower quality of football than you could watch from these junior teams, I’ve paid 400/500 quid or whatever it was and yet to see my team win at home yet against three diddy teams, Sick of hearing he need more time he should have left in the summer got the start of the season and he’s ****ed that up and she couldn’t care less 

been here before
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Consecutive derbies where we haven’t sold out? 

Correct warrior.

Well, except we've sold out this one.

Other than that, bang on the money as usual.

Edited by been here before

18 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

He has been given targets before and failed. Ann spelt out previously that at least 4th place is what was expected, and that failed but no action taken. The decline, the situation we find ourselves in presently is not because everything went tits up during the close season, it has been a visual decline for a longer period. And during that spell the fans, who she has basically told to shut up, have turned up week in and week out, continued to put money into the club, continued to back the club, i.e. real/genuine fans. And all for a piss poor statement which again is telling us to shut up. She has total confidence in a manager, a manager who keeps coming out saying that he is the man to fix things. You don't fix things that are working well, you fix things that are buggered, and we most certainly are buggered. I've always had nothing but total respect for her, for what she has done. But she is without doubt destroying all the good work she has done through loyalty to one man that is almost, no is impossible to understand. If the plan was to take us back to where the whole venture started, The Championship, then she has to come out and say that.

Bravo 👏👏

2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

You are an utter clown and probably should be looking in the mirror for the loser or coward.

He is a hibs troll. Ignore him.

I’m keeping up my FoH payments because I want fan ownership to succeed. If Ann Budge remains so far out of touch with the support we can move for her removal from the board and dismissal as CEO. It’s as simple as that. If we stop our payments we remain at the whim of an arrogant individual. Don’t stop FoH payments - lets make fan ownership happen.

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Consecutive derbies where we haven’t sold out? 

Correct, which is why the supporters that are going should be respected for continuing to back the team rather than organising boycotts and protests.

2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Coward is spot on, pretending to be a Hearts fan, many of them around at present.

Post history suggests only around while there is doom and gloom never praises the club.

What a pathetic life some people must live for their only enjoyment to be at others expense.

Tragic really.

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Correct warrior.

Well, except we've sold out this one.

Other than that, bang on the money as usual.

:lol: